• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Arceus Abilities

Yet we allow Yukari Yakumo to lolhax her opponents when she normally does Danmaku and portals. And this isn't even based on my supposed bias against her. Because it's not just her. For example, Mega Men don't lead with timestop, let alone follow up with absolute zero or black holes. No, this is not me doing the appealing to Rep as I did last time. Those were legit the first things that came to my mind.

@cal howard

I can't say anything about Yukari, but Mega is a bad example, given that he goes out of his way to regularly exploit the weaknesses of his foes and spams the Time Stopper frequently in other works.

Fair enough. As I said, those were the first things to come to my mind. That wasn't an attempt to spite or anything, as I love Mega Man and I still consider you a friend.

@Cal howard

Agreed. I never really wanted things to get this heated, it's just that I hate seeing profiles without evidence on them. Given that I throw scans and links are very nearly every profile I make, I just think other profiles should do the same.

Don't worry; after taking a closer look at some sources, I don't think there will be many downgrades. In fact, I may have found a little upgrade here and there, but let's all just take it easy for now. Reppuzan is completely in the right about everything he has stated here, too.

Since about everything in the OP was addressed here, it would be best to close the thead now.

@Freeman

I still have a few points that need to be addressed.

1) Is Arceus and co.'s Causality Manipulation actually Causality Manipulation? The explanations I've been getting are the use of time loops and the triggering of paradoxes, which falls squarely under Time Manipulation and Time Travel than manipulating the laws of causality. In addition, Giratina's explanation for the power is that it destroyed something in the Distortion World to destroy something in the real world, which is nothing more than a power akin to a voodoo doll.

2) Does Arceus actually have Low-Godly Regen? The statements I've been provided do not mention anything of the sort, nor do they have a statement saying anything along the lines of "Arceus/The Original One will exist for as long as humans and Pokemon's will remains".

My research is not yet complete, but I'll try my best!

1) That gonna take me some time (pun!) to figure out. I wouldn't be particularly bothered by having it removed, for now. I believe it was added because Dialga may (but may not) have casuality manipulation because Celebi may (but may not) have casuality manipulation. Yeah...

2) That ability was added for the reasons you state. You're right to be doubtful of that, though; it sounds more like reliant immortality to me. It's really good immortality, at least. I think that sort of thing was discussed in a thread relating to the Demon Lords from Digimon.

Back