• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Meta and Registration

so can this “create logic where there is none” ability do other stuff or is it just a tool to bypass invulnerability?
it's mostly lore stuff, and you do require some ether to get it jumpstarted like the guys who went to New York did, so

I imagine character sheet would be something like uh

Name:

Appearance:

Characters: (choose 2)

Powers: (choose 2)

I mean like, you've been in RPs before you know how to give information that is important, yes?

I mean like, I didn't so

just write a sheet if you're gonna write it

if anything is bad blame Paul and Phoenix they told me this was ok ovo

Name: Holly Carol

Appearance: https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/697584733680304188/801895380106739722/image0.jpg

Characters: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Caster_(Thomas_Edison), https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Nagato_(Pain)#Edo_Tensei_Nagato

Powers:
Puppeteer Magic: Any individuals or objects that can be summoned or controlled by her become puppets, with literal and metaphorical properties of both. They become inorganic mechanisms (though they retain their physical properties) and are under her total control as an extension of her which she can see or hear through, and can operate even when damaged. Puppets are envoys of the state, and thus also gain the property of interacting with anything as if it was a puppet character in a performance, granting them non-physical interaction and gaining the ability to interact with anything, be it imaginary or untouchable. Puppets as Unliving creatures can operate as normal in spite of extreme wounds. Puppets can also use her powers as they are connected to her and part of her. She can also change their shape and freely inflict damage on them or heal any damage they take.

Additionally, someone may consent to become a puppet of hers, but the change is irreversible unless the afflicted person spends an hour attempting to counteract it with sheer force of will

Set the Stage: With puppeteer magic, she and her puppets become capable of manipulating and changing the environment and area in a 50 m radius around them freely, ranging from turning arctic ice to summer snow, to changing the formation and type of rocks on a conceptual level. The environment while under the effects of this magic is incapable of being damaged, and is limited to the user‘s power. Living creatures do not count as part of the environment.

Last edited:
Additionally, someone may consent to become a puppet of hers, but the change is irreversible
Mmmm

This will be resisted for reference, if they decide later to not be a puppet, but I guess you could have some minor control, maybe?

I also feel Thomas Edison's item creation is not something I want anywhere near this

Everything beyond Low Godly on Nagato is fine I think

@DMUA

”This will be resisted for reference, if they decide later to not be a puppet, but I guess you could have some minor control, maybe?”

not sure what this means

also, is Edison bad then?

That taking control away from other players is gay and also yes

I mean like, if they decide they don't like it later probably

... Then again anyone with common sense would probably deny it and like, not agree to this, making the whole thing useless

Either way caster of black is fine

I mean like, if they decide they don't like it later probably

... Then again anyone with common sense would probably deny it and like, not agree to this
I feel like this falls less into undermining player autonomy and more into a downside of a choice they consciously make. If they consent to everything it entails I don’t see why it should be treated any differently to a down side of any other ability or technique they decide to partake in

ultimately you’re the GM but from my understanding i don’t think that’s what the “general mind resistance clause” exists for

Ehh

I dunno I'm just uncomfortable about letting people make that severe of a mistake

Would you prefer if I made it so they had to be aware of the consquences to consent

i assume that went without saying but just to make it clear

Knowing people, aware doesn't mean they actually properly process it

I dunno man I just don't like it overall and I don't think you're losing much by just discounting it

I see
well I am kind of attached to the ability, so what if I made it so it was reversible?

i g if that isn’t enough I’ll remove it tho

I mean if it was reversable like, what is even the

well

ehhhh

Reversable with effort I guess, will be fine?

maybe

either way everything else is approved of

Yeah kinda

The world ended, show up somewhere in it

The world has been turned into what is basically the vortex world, a big sphere 1000 kilometers in radius with a giant light in the middle of it called Akashica

Or, I guess I could spawn you in but

honestly I don't have many ideas

So, it's been awhile.

I dunno how many are still around for this. Frankly, even as I'm writing this I'm a bit unsure if I should get going anytime soon, but considering I've felt that about everything, I should probably just man up and go for at least something. For now, I'm going to be writing out some changes I want to make before I try to get back to this.

General fixes​

In the case of duplication, clones will be unsustainable past 1 kilometer away from the original, and can only go roughly 50 meters out of your line of sight.​

I had a problem with Overlord just sweeping the entire map with them because it was frankly too much of a load to GM at a single time when I was flying by the seat of my pants, and as a result I gave a pretty heafty just "nah" to them doing anything for a bit while I tried to get other people moving along.

Design Philosophy​

"dancing with death" is a nice set of words, but considering I barely had a solid grasp on how to represent that in game in a balanced manner, it's going out the window. I'm going to be clamping down on real instant kill options in favor of encouraging fighting tactics and skill from here on out, whenever possible. You can keep the stuff you have, but don't expect to get much more OP on that front.

Buddies and creatures of the world​

I sorta threw this in because I was sort of in an SMT craze by the time I started this up, but the mechanics were mostly tacked on, and frankly I'm just going to mostly throw them out. It'd just slow down the plot to have some random tiger talk to you for several posts only to just take your stuff and leave cause you smell funny, so I'll just leave it to occasional encounters and simplify negotiating.

Specific characters​

I'll be legit with you I barely paid attention to any picks made by people I didn't overtly distrust, and even the people I overtly distrusted have issues, so, beat by beat...

Dy1an MK2​

Time Manipulation's a no-go. I'm pretty sure I already banned stuff like Time Crush, and, the stuff from the new keys added since this whole RP started won't be counted either.

Connor Lycans​

The person playing this removed their account so they're probably not coming back, but, just to actually put worth to what I'm saying, BlazBlue is going up there on verses I don't want to outright ban, but, I will heavily discourage. I just don't want to go down a slippery slope, and that's that (Also I visibly cringe... With just about every ruling made in this thread before now, but the "lol Ether create logic with attack" is just... ick. Then again it's a representation of the spirit I probably need to truly embrace in this RP of rolling with curveballs thrown at me by players and not taking this too seriously as opposed to breaking everyone's arms)

Jake​

I don't remember if there was an explanation that made Causality manipulation okay, but like, nah

Serena Cadis​

I don't have any patches I just have the same sort of eye on anything Masada's made as I do with BlazBlue

Agnaea, Lumea and Machina​

I probably just missed a CRT made sometime between February and now but how in YHVH's name did I let High Godly in, or deconstruction with every elemental attack

Jiraiya​

I don't know what kind of brain death I experienced to allow an Anima character, BlazBlue powers, Terrarian's entire melee arsenal, and Mori-Jin's just... many many things I can't keep track of all on one character, but, the first two on principle, and the latter two because I feel there's more than a little bit of imbalance, need to go.

Mandarin​

Another instance of brain death on my part, but I'd like to more just apologize for my complete lack of grace in handling the abilities at his disposal here.

When can we expect this back​

As I mentioned earlier, the more I write this out, the less promises I can make. It's almost draining, sorta like I'm just grinding this post out of my body rather than engaging in something I really want to participate in. But I was fairly enthusiastic earlier, so, maybe soon. I will say, I'm going to wait for Hl3 to try his hand at getting EWTD 3 back up and running before I do this. The last thing I want is to clog the system.

Also of note, if this does get back up and running, I'm going to be skipping a bit of inbetween stuff on some fronts so that you guys can actually get to some amount of action instead of sitting around waiting for the sun to glow a specific color so you can kill a worm. Since I'll sorta have it in universe be a bit of a soft reset, I'll also be cool if you want to make a few changes to your characters. Try not to swamp me, though.

Last edited:
That's aight dude, and by new stuff you mean the new keys? Yeah I'd restrict it to just the OGs, but if new key stuff is fine, then I can try make the necessary restrictions.

The passive global death manipulation/explosion definitely doesn't work, along with the glare pressure point attack, and accelerated development seems like it could get out of hand but I could probably just pull the RW thing of being very specific about evolutions

So, it's been awhile.

I dunno how many are still around for this. Frankly, even as I'm writing this I'm a bit unsure if I should get going anytime soon, but considering I've felt that about everything, I should probably just man up and go for at least something. For now, I'm going to be writing out some changes I want to make before I try to get back to this.

General fixes​

In the case of duplication, clones will be unsustainable past 1 kilometer away from the original, and can only go roughly 50 meters out of your line of sight.​

I had a problem with Overlord just sweeping the entire map with them because it was frankly too much of a load to GM at a single time when I was flying by the seat of my pants, and as a result I gave a pretty heafty just "nah" to them doing anything for a bit while I tried to get other people moving along.

Design Philosophy​

"dancing with death" is a nice set of words, but considering I barely had a solid grasp on how to represent that in game in a balanced manner, it's going out the window. I'm going to be clamping down on real instant kill options in favor of encouraging fighting tactics and skill from here on out, whenever possible. You can keep the stuff you have, but don't expect to get much more OP on that front.

Buddies and creatures of the world​

I sorta threw this in because I was sort of in an SMT craze by the time I started this up, but the mechanics were mostly tacked on, and frankly I'm just going to mostly throw them out. It'd just slow down the plot to have some random tiger talk to you for several posts only to just take your stuff and leave cause you smell funny, so I'll just leave it to occasional encounters and simplify negotiating.

Specific characters​

I'll be legit with you I barely paid attention to any picks made by people I didn't overtly distrust, and even the people I overtly distrusted have issues, so, beat by beat...

Dy1an MK2​

Time Manipulation's a no-go. I'm pretty sure I already banned stuff like Time Crush, and, the stuff from the new keys added since this whole RP started won't be counted either.

Connor Lycans​

The person playing this removed their account so they're probably not coming back, but, just to actually put worth to what I'm saying, BlazBlue is going up there on verses I don't want to outright ban, but, I will heavily discourage. I just don't want to go down a slippery slope, and that's that (Also I visibly cringe... With just about every ruling made in this thread before now, but the "lol Ether create logic with attack" is just... ick. Then again it's a representation of the spirit I probably need to truly embrace in this RP of rolling with curveballs thrown at me by players and not taking this too seriously as opposed to breaking everyone's arms)

Jake​

I don't remember if there was an explanation that made Causality manipulation okay, but like, nah

Serena Cadis​

I don't have any patches I just have the same sort of eye on anything Masada's made as I do with BlazBlue

Agnaea, Lumea and Machina​

I probably just missed a CRT made sometime between February and now but how in YHVH's name did I let High Godly in, or deconstruction with every elemental attack

Jiraiya​

I don't know what kind of brain death I experienced to allow an Anima character, BlazBlue powers, Terrarian's entire melee arsenal, and Mori-Jin's just... many many things I can't keep track of all on one character, but, the first two on principle, and the latter two because I feel there's more than a little bit of imbalance, need to go.

Mandarin​

Another instance of brain death on my part, but I'd like to more just apologize for my complete lack of grace in handling the abilities at his disposal here.

When can we expect this back​

As I mentioned earlier, the more I write this out, the less promises I can make. It's almost draining, sorta like I'm just grinding this post out of my body rather than engaging in something I really want to participate in. But I was fairly enthusiastic earlier, so, maybe soon. I will say, I'm going to wait for Hl3 to try his hand at getting EWTD 3 back up and running before I do this. The last thing I want is to clog the system.

Also of note, if this does get back up and running, I'm going to be skipping a bit of inbetween stuff on some fronts so that you guys can actually get to some amount of action instead of sitting around waiting for the sun to glow a specific color so you can kill a worm. Since I'll sorta have it in universe be a bit of a soft reset, I'll also be cool if you want to make a few changes to your characters. Try not to swamp me, though.

You forgot me

you'll need to read like, the first 4 pages of the game thread for the whole idea, otherwise I kinda already shared it earlier in this thread

I've decided officially that I'm going to take a bit of a test run at that soft reboot I mentioned earlier.

To schedule a specific date, December 3rd. You all have until then to make any minor changes you want to your build, voluntary or mandated by the balance post I made.

Also make sure to pick a buff type, from the listings I gave when I dropped set 2, if you haven't already.

unknown.png

I shared this on discord, but, figure I might as well post it here

As of now this is the complete World Map. The unlabeled city, nobody's been to, but even thinking about going there has your Danger Sense screaming. Best to leave it for later.

I probably won't be adding any more cities to the mix.

Last edited:
Back