• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apotheosis: Heaven's Cry: Game Thread

"I am a conqueror, yes. And I was around here in that last world before everything was destroyed. I assume you dislike this though, and won't let me pass though, is this right?"

He raises his hands and steps away, obviously distraught

"Just... please, for the love of YHVH, wander around the city like a normal person, I can't take all of this right now."
"Of course," Zephyr motions for her new summon to join her as she leaves.

"That didn't go great." I say to Goldie. "Wonder if anyone else who was there is still around and I am just oblivious. It wouldn't be the first time."

(Does he have dimensional travel? Keep in mind I have pocket dimension creation,and I know damn well NPI isn’t interdimensional?)
[You never said he went into a pocket dimension but okay, yes he does.]
Looking for whatever there is to eat or visit in the Chinese Restaurant.
[I thought you were in new york and screwed up, there's only one lone bakery now]
"I am a conqueror, yes. And I was around here in that last world before everything was destroyed. I assume you dislike this though, and won't let me pass though, is this right?"
"... I shall be honest with you, I am quite tired, and I do not have much to believe in. I simply guard this place due to the value it holds to my people... But if you are a conqueror, let me ask you... Do you believe you can bring the world to a better age, using the ether you stand to gain here?"
Jozu rushes to the jewelry with Tyrus.
Once they arrive at the jeweler, they see... The shopkeeper is some type of large doll, as though stitched together from rags? Definitely a new one.

"Ah- Jeez, don't run around so quickly towards my door, I thought something bad was going to happen!"
"Of course," Zephyr motions for her new summon to join her as she leaves.
"Alright old man, sure..."

"I'm not even 30 yet come on"

Once outside, she picks up where they left off.

"So, we've got plenty of names up... You know what, screw it, why don't we just throw them all together? Melissa 'Valkyrie' Izanami. That's something I can roll with."

She says, turning to face whatever it is, seeming cautious.
It's hard to tell at first, all you see is elementals... Then you realize, it is an elemental approaching. Some sort of wind spirit taking vaguely human shape, approaching her elementals to converse.

"It's hard to believe I'd find my fellows in a place such as this... Do you have any vacancies, by chance?"

"Either way, the other guys went off to that jewelry joint, so..."

"...eeehhh, is this some kind of intimidation tactic I'm not familiar with!?"

She backs off a bit, her face showing a great deal of panic.

@DMUA
"Alastor, what do you think?" asked the Ninja

"The spirits appear easier" Said the magic sword

Frank stopped in front of the group of spirits with Alastor in his hand

"We can do it easy or hard."

@DMUA

"I did not expect to find more here. You are welcome to find accommodation here if you please."

The currently robotic looking woman replied.

"Life, nature, it is all welcome here as long as it does not cause harm."

"Haa.... No, no, I'm just a little surprised....."

Jozu puts his hand on his face.

"I'm Jozu, I was thrown here for some reason not long ago. By the way, I know there's more people in this same situation around too."

Jozu points to Tyrus.

"Now, I really want to learn about your shop, if you don't mind explaining it to me."

"... I shall be honest with you, I am quite tired, and I do not have much to believe in. I simply guard this place due to the value it holds to my people... But if you are a conqueror, let me ask you... Do you believe you can bring the world to a better age, using the ether you stand to gain here?"
"Yes, I am sure of it in fact. That's what I seek to do, and I refuse to fail at it."

You never said he went into a pocket dimension but okay, yes he does.]
(You’re really forcing my ass into combat here? I did in an earlier post.)

“Do...we”

A flash within the scrapeyard yielding a stinging chromatic ray that burns retinas appears.

“Really...need...to..”

He began flickering in and out of random locations within both the dimension and the city before. Flickers constellated across the areas,The Mandarin’s everlocation shrouded in a myriad of light.

“Fight?”

Waving his hand,he inflates an invisible barrier around him. Protecting him from any attacks that would happen even land on him.

Tyrus seeing the panicked look on the dolls face begins to speak up, "Uh pardon my friend here, what he means to say is that were new in town and wanted to get a feel of the places here."

"Alastor, what do you think?" asked the Ninja

"The spirits appear easier" Said the magic sword

Frank stopped in front of the group of spirits with Alastor in his hand

"We can do it easy or hard."
Only one bothers paying you any mind

"URY?"
"I did not expect to find more here. You are welcome to find accommodation here if you please."

The currently robotic looking woman replied.

"Life, nature, it is all welcome here as long as it does not cause harm."
"It's not just me. There are plenty of spirits like the ones you have here, simply wandering around and confused. If we could use this place as an assembly point, perhaps we could organize our people. I'll need space for about... 8 of them, I think?"
"Yes, they did. Shall we join them?"
"Sure."
I did in an earlier post.
[Blatant lie. You specifically said you were running around in the city looking for humans. You can't do that in a pocket dimension. If you don't like that your decisions have negative consequences, I recommend you never reply to this thread again, or any RP in general. Speaking of which, did you ever pick a buff? Because this guy did.]

The attack comes far faster than expected, and pierces right through their abdomen. It feels it's consciousness flicker out for a moment, as the man temporarily has his vision obscured by the flash of light.

"I've seen less sore losers in DoTA 2 lobbies, you genocidal freak! You got what you want, damn near everyone's dead!"
"Uh pardon my friend here, what he means to say is that were new in town and wanted to get a feel of the places here."
"... oh, okay. Ugh, yeah, welcome to Beth's Jewelry! Here, you can trade in Jewels for plenty of neat stuff. Like, a stone that'll form a barrier that reflects certain types of attacks, one that removes any amplifications from an enemy... we also have some pretty rare components for you to make use of! All you need to do is wait until Akashica is at it's brightest, and try to fight one of the creatures out there!"
"Yes, I am sure of it in fact. That's what I seek to do, and I refuse to fail at it."
"... Very well. But words are cheap. If you cannot support them... I shall add your soul to the reserves of my people for the one who is truly worthy!"

The menacing nature of his presence seemingly explodes, as your danger sense flares up. He manifests a large Kindjal in his hand, shifting his stance. You feel like a single attack from this man may end your life... No, your very existence, if he is to be believed about throwing your soul with the rest of the ether.

Within the dimension,The Mandarin’s anger converts into an icy frustration.He grumbles through his summon.
@DMUA

(This was to imply he was in it and he was visiting the world through a vessel.Gaunter has dimensional range, and you didn’t have a problem staring dead center at this. I thought it might’ve been obvious via the through his summon bit,followed by the dialogue in the overworld. Chill with the “blatant lie” stuff.)

"Yeah, I really don't think I will have any have any of those right now.... how often Akashica is at it's brightest, I still don't get very well for stuff here works."

Within the dimension,the mandarin’s lips oozed out another command.

“Discover the Location of the Voice within my vicinity”

It highlighted the body from where the voice came from.
(I just want to add to this,nearly every post after the second coming mentions me in the dimension. Especially during the exploration part,any activity is through his summon and not the Mandarin himself.Not once did the posts mention him leaving his home until the battle right now)

"Hmm, yeah we haven't found any of those gems yet, but I do have a question. Someone named Heolstor mentioned something about wells of Ether, do you by any chance know what those are exactly?"

@DMUA

"Your kind is all welcome here, as long as they remain peaceful here. You may use this place to assemble or even live here if you wish."

[Cool, you going to bleed out on the ground or say something that would get your character out of the situation?]
"Yeah, I really don't think I will have any have any of those right now.... how often Akashica is at it's brightest, I still don't get very well for stuff here works."
"It sort of goes into subtle phases. It's hard to notice if you aren't careful, but, it goes into 8 different modes, so to speak. At the full Akashica, there may be jewels you'll be able to collect.
Someone named Heolstor mentioned something about wells of Ether, do you by any chance know what those are exactly?
"Oh! Yeah, wells of ether, where some extra creation power is kept! I actually know where one is, though, I'm obligated to ask for some compensation, this is a business and all. If you can fetch a nice Amethyst, I'll let you in on all that!"
"Your kind is all welcome here, as long as they remain peaceful here. You may use this place to assemble or even live here if you wish."
"... You are quite a welcoming human... If only they all could have shared this. Very well, I shall return with our kin."

[Cool, you going to bleed out on the ground or say something that would get your character out of the situation?]
(I was just letting you know I wasn’t lying.)

The attack comes far faster than expected, and pierces right through their abdomen. It feels it's consciousness flicker out for a moment, as the man temporarily has his vision obscured by the flash of light.

“Argh!”

He crunch his teeth at the bite of the blow delivered tore through his glass bones.

“DIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIEDIE”

His canines cracking open,he unleashes a howl that quaked the man’s bones.A summon flickers into existence in between the space of the two beings.

NYAAAAA

A pearly skinned woman with cat ears appeared. Her face and extremities covered in bloody crevices written to form Japanese text.Several arms sprout and began striking the man.Flashing it’s beams of light across the man’s face.

“NRRRGGHAGHHHHH.”

The Mandarin screams again,his wounds shutting as a copy of it cleaves its way into the summon. Transferring any harm done to him into her.

Squeee

Her wounds closed like an eye shutting. With the haste and fury,she begins firing homing orbs from the words carved into her flesh.

(So I don’t have to state this later,Janus’s summons have high-mid Regen,albeit only one can have this ability).

@DMUA

"Human isn't quite an accurate assessment. However, I thank you. I welcome all forms of life, as long as they do not attempt to break the nature of life."

"Oh! Yeah, wells of ether, where some extra creation power is kept! I actually know where one is, though, I'm obligated to ask for some compensation, this is a business and all. If you can fetch a nice Amethyst, I'll let you in on all that!"
"Sounds like a deal, however is there a specific type of creature that will drops an Amethyst or are there certain criteria that one must meet to obtain them?"

"a Tree told me that you can give me some money of this World"
"WHY ME GIVE YOU MONEY?"
"Human isn't quite an accurate assessment. However, I thank you. I welcome all forms of life, as long as they do not attempt to break the nature of life."
"Ah... Perhaps I should have expected that."

They make their exit for awhile.

With his speed still greatly amplified, he relies on his hearing after the flash of light, weaving away from the assaults with grace as unleashes a massive blast of fire over the entire area, burning both of them greatly and serving to blind them.

"Huh... Didn't feel this smooth before things went south. Guess you've got to have some moves if you're in the post apocalypse."

"Sounds like a deal, however is there a specific type of creature that will drops an Amethyst or are there certain criteria that one must meet to obtain them?"
"It's a little bit random, but, I think some types of Vermin carry it. You know, like Worms or bugs."
Now at the bakery, Jake looks for anything that might be useful.
The cakes and other things may serve to be of use to his taste buds, but, otherwise it's quite a straightforward place.

"Ah, another customer, welcome."

"It's a little bit random, but, I think some types of Vermin carry it. You know, like Worms or bugs."

The cakes and other things may serve to be of use to his taste buds, but, otherwise it's quite a straightforward place.

"Ah, another customer, welcome."
"Ah, excuse me. I just kind of woke up. To see the world has been very destroyed. I'm a little bit confused. What exactly is going on?"

"Thanks for the info, I'll be back in a bit"

Tyrus then heads out of the shop and pulls out out his Master Sword.

"Hey Fi, can you dowse for Insectoids and Worms for me please?"

"Hey, hey, I can try something like that too!"

Jozu puts his index and middle fingers on his forehead and close his eyes, trying to sense spiritual energy.

"... Very well. But words are cheap. If you cannot support them... I shall add your soul to the reserves of my people for the one who is truly worthy!"

The menacing nature of his presence seemingly explodes, as your danger sense flares up. He manifests a large Kindjal in his hand, shifting his stance. You feel like a single attack from this man may end your life... No, your very existence, if he is to be believed about throwing your soul with the rest of the ether.

"Duly noted."

Serena quickly steps back slightly, as her army all raises their weapons, ready to fire the instant he moved. Their hive mind and connection to her own ensuring that everyone present would be ready if any of them were.

I'm not sure if they'll be strong enough to take him out, but at the least, they'll provide a distraction. If I'm lucky, the conditions for my Kyudan could be met, but I shouldn't rely on that.

She draws her own weapon and readies herself, while her eyes turn a burning gold and an invisible wave of force is sent out from her to strike her opponent, the ground around her cracking from the pressure.

Back