• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Apocalymon vs Giratina

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
Obvious matchup is obvious. Which one wins? Speed equal. Low 2-C. They fight over who gets access to Giratina's theme music ovo

Giratina origin
Giratina

Apocalymon Pic

So, I am honestly voting Apocalymon after thinking on it for a bit.

Now this is by no means a stomp.

1) Absolute Zero will murder the Regenless and vulnerable to ice Anti-Matter Dragon.

2) Masks Square is useful here believe it or not. Because in the end Apocalymon will still control his body and thus can do all kinds of thing to our Centipede Dragon. ovo

3) Death and Soul Hax will utterly obliterate Giratina here.

4) Precog will help him in the long run.

5) Meanwhile both will counter each other's hax.

So overall after a close match Apocalymon should take it. However, I may be missing somethings.

1) Sheer cold is also absolute zero and wont make giratina budge.

2) Giratina has reality warping of his own and can travel to the Distortion World, where I seriously doubt Maks square will function.

3) I dunno if Giratina has Soul to begin with and I dont recall Apocalymon using Death manipulation on an opponent of his level.

4) Giratina can tango with Dialga, who is time... so precog shouldnt be a problem here.

5) I guess?

Those are my answers. Im not givin arguments for giratina yet.

Giratina predates souls. Also has pseudo precog of his own. Also, yeah, absolute zero won't do like, anything in tier 2.

1) Give me a source of Giratina resisting or fighting a Pokemon with Sheer Cold. It isn't on his file. So until a CRT is made. I can practically say this is made up.

2) Read what I said afterwards.

3) Never been stated otherwise. We cannot assume otherwise either as it is not on his file. Create a CRT otherwise it won't be counted.

4) Is time. Doesn't measure to precog. Just because he's fought someone with control over time does not make precog any less effective.

5) I see nothing that has proved me wrong.

The real cal howard said:
Giratina predates souls. Also has pseudo precog of his own. Also, yeah, absolute zero won't do like, anything in tier 2.
I am kinda sick of your logic with this as you think tier weakens a hax when it does not.. Absolute Zero would still work on a Tier 2 if they have no defense for it. I know many characters who'd fall to Absolute Zero and are tier 2. Tier does not weaken hax. It never has. Also nothing has ever said he predated souls, neither is it on his file. What is this pseudo precog?

Talk to DarkLK, not me. Heck, it's on the hax category that stuff like matter Manipulation is low tier stuff. Also, technically, Chaos King (Marvel) doesn't have resistance to absolute zero. I guess that would work on her...

You were on the thread about the CT or the LT creating souls.

PaChi2 said:
4) Giratina can tango with Dialga, who is time... so precog shouldnt be a problem here.
If thats the case then wouldnt some sort of Resistance/Immunity to Precog be a thing here? Dialga being the concept of time should very well mean it can see everything coming and Giratina can still dance with it.

Also the same for me, Im neutral for now.

"Also, technically, Death of the Endless doesn't have resistance to absolute zero. I guess that would work on her"

Yet she has Mid-High Godly Regen making it irrelevant. And you bring a 1-B irrelevant character to a match against Low 2-C's. Absolute Zero would still effect multiple High 2-A's and other 2-C's as well. So stop bringing up irrelvant characters.

"You were on the thread about the CT or the LT creating souls."

Yet it is not on their files. And was this accepted. If not, whether or not I was there or not is irrelevant here.

And even when going to the Hax page, it never one says "Characters of this tier are unaffected, by this hax by tier alone" It says it's not impressive, never said it wasn't effective. Any ability can still be effective. You can say I'm downplaying or using double standards if you want, however I am going by what is on the files.

Not voting yey but:

@Cal

A power is hax when it gives an advantage against most people of the same tier. The reason why Absolute Zero isn't hax at tier 2 is because most people have resistance to it, stronger powers or a Regenerationn that allows them to shrug it off. If someone isn't resistant to it, it still works.

@Kukui

Resistance to precog isn't a thing. Precog can be nullified, but:

1) Dialga doesn't have it

2) If it does we don't know how it works

3) There is no evidence that Giratina nullified it

@PaChi2

There are 3 Pokemon who are 4D like Giratina and iirc none of them learns Sheer Cold. No-selling the hax of a lower dimensional being doesn't mean that you can do the same while fighting someone of your own tier. And as Dragon pointed out, there is no canon evidence that Giratina can do that.

@Kaltias

Absolute zero is the same whether its used by a 4D Tier 2 or a 3D tier 9. Its the same hax. If these were attacks below Absolute Zero (like in Saint Seiya iirc), then it would matter.

Doesn't matter. A 3D being is physically unable to hurt a 4D being unless it has a hax that gives it this power.

If the 3D being use absolute zero, it won't work, if a 4D being does, it could

One is hitting less than nothing while the other one is hitting the whole being.

Not sure if the Sealed forms of the Trio are 4D. I thought it was only the Unsealed ones. The sealed forms have been shown to take attacks from regular pokemon.

As I understand Absolute Zero is a freezing at atomic level in addition to being the lowest possible temperature due to the null movement of the atoms.

If I am not mistaken it would be strange that an freezing at atomic level affect Giratina who was born, along with Palkia and Dialga before the universe existed, besides that Dialga and Palkia created the concept of Matter simply with their desire.

(I'm neutral for now)

That didn't stop Cronus' Pragma Spathe (Or whatever it's called) from working on Arceus. But examples aside. Unless I see a CRT in which this is accepted, it does not matter in this fight.

@Dragon Cronus can specifically attack intangible/conceptual beings.

On giratina's side: how does Apocalymon deal with being bfr into the Distortion world?

Except this is sealed Giratina, not unsealed Giratina. Meaning he is in a 3-D form right now.

Apocalymon uses Darkness Zone and erases it and Giratina from Existence.

The Distortion world is a 2-B prison (since its Unsealed Giratina's universe), pal.

Existence Erasure bypasses durability, pal. Regardless if it's 2-B sized. Darkness Zone has infinite range.

• Darkness Zone: Generates a dark dimension that extends between both his hands infinitely, and erases everything in his path from existence.

Infinitely is just universal at best, not multiversal. Otherwise, create a CRT for Apocalymon. but that would make him 2-B.

@PaChi2 It depends on which dimension (4D-5D ect ...) you exist, this can also be the Infinity of the multivers ect...

That is pretty NLF, you know.

And giratina is not allowed to be in the distortion world (he'd be unsealed) so BFR would work. Apocalymon destroying a multiverse would be: a) NLF. b) Impossible due to no infinite stamina.

DodoNova2 said:
@PaChi2 It depends on which dimension (4D-5D ect ...) you exist, this can also be the Infinity of the multivers ect...
Both guys are 3-D with 4-D power.

How is destroying a multiverse over a long period of time NLF? You're grasping. That was Apocalymon's goal in the first place.

Its b) then. Apocalymon doesnt have stamina to defend himself (because Giratina can still attack him) and spam Darkness zone to destroy the Distortion world.

If giratina bfrs, he wins.

Edit: Also take into account that trying to destroy the DW would bloodlust Giratina.

Edit: even then, giratina's power negation is specific to prevent the DW from being destroyed so...

The Apocalymon as we know it is only a body for the manifestation of its true form which are the infinite darkness of the Darkness Zone, even though Giratina holds the manifestation body in the Distortion World, what assurance would it prevent a new body to be created?

Back