• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ape Escape revisions/downgrades

Also, Spike being 7-B for the reasoning listed in his profile seems arbitrary to me.

Satellite laser = 7-B? I don't understand,

I agree with the downgrade. It makes more sense since I don't know how the satalite laser was calculated to be City level. I'm making the changes right now for Spike. I'll do the rest of the cast tomorrow since I'm beat from work. I appreciate it if you can do a calculation for the laser speed as well since it's also rather questionable to be clocked at MHS.

Even tho, I agree with the downgrade, we would need more than one calc to make a revision, this one is a little questionable since there's a cinematic cut, Spike could have been teleported before the explosion happen.

Between other feats, I recall Spike destroying large pieces of rocks in the first game, however, it could be game mechanics.

He only defeated the Yellow Monkey by taken him teeths, then he get back to normal, actually smaller, isn't like he overcome his strength; I said its game mechanics cuz there are objects that are smaller (cells and crates) and still Spike can't destroy them.

I, however, can agree in calculate it and scale it to his stronger weapons, the tank cannon ball and boxing glove.

Lol I'm just trying to say in a humerous way that I respectfully don't agree with Spike being downgraded based upon him not being able to destroy those crates and bars in the game, if he has much better feats elsewhere.

Lol I see.

Also one thing I always found weird with game mechanics. There's a level where a knight statue will try to drop down his sword on Spike. If he doesn't hit you, the sword will stay there,. But even if Spike only walks up and touches the side of the blade, he takes damage.

When I was a kid I thought "How weak do you have to be to get cut just by touching the side of a sword?" lel

Even though I was just baby ryu, I had some primative concept of game mechanics. And knew Spike wasn't actually that weak lol

But back to the topic, if there's proof he survived this explosion then sure thing on the upgrade. If not, is there anything else we can scale him from?

Welp, if people is good scale it to his normal strength, don't think is much of a problem (there's worts things un the game so I can pass this); the feat that I'm talking about is present un the second level of the Mysterious Age (first game), if someone post a vídeo showing it, I can calculate it tomorrow.

So, is withstanding the explosion Spike's best feat, or does he have higher showings?

There's still no proof that Spike was present during to explosion, there were a cinematic cut and is a fact that Ape Escape protagonist can teleport from stages/level. I woud like to look for feats in the game (only the first one), but I haven't a gamepad to play it...

Yeah, I'm with AN on this. Unless theirs explicit evidence he just teleported out, it should be assumed he didn't teleport out of it.

The scene still being ambiguos for me, but I can take a look to another feats, if the results are similar to that one, I have no problem with using it. Right now, I'll take a look to the White Monkey one.

Dino Ranger Black seems to make sense to me.

Welp, it took around 8 seconds to reach the orbital satellite, satellites are orbiting at least 2000 km of height (however, I heard of satellize that orbit at 600 km, so not sure); that is 250000 m/s, or Mach 727.59 km.

EDIT: Looking at this, satellites can orbit from at least 160 km to 35786 km, so speed could vary from 20000 m/s - Mach 58.2 to 4473250 m/s - 0.015c.

Well, as usual, in order to use a calculation, we must have a blog post to link to within the profiles.

@Dino Please remember to change the reasonings, not just the ratings. And to link to the calcs. Also add the + at the end of Large Building for Spike. Thank you.

Actually, speed would be At least HH+, and at most Sub-relativistic. Either way, more speed feats are needed, this one it just scale to Spike weapon.

Since LordXcano accepted the calculations in the blog, the results can be applied.

Back