• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Murderin' some drones

Status
Not open for further replies.
1. The explosion came from inside and all the energy went into the atmosphere.
It was a core explosion, as in, the very center of the planet, and it seemed to explode more so like an erruption, blasting upwards into space, rather than being a constantly expanding erruption. This is supported by the fact that we see a shockwave move the planet's clouds for only a certain extent and then stop.
This also supports the fact that the characters could not have tanked an explosion that didn't reach them in the first place as only the shockwave ever reached them.
That’s why I accounted for surface area. And even then, a shockwave would still have to have some form of durability to survive given how it spread across the entire planet since skeletal remains are present.
2. In the scene right after in the place where worker drones live (the only known place where they live) we see very well that the buildings are intact and humans skeletons are very much intact as well, despite being outside.
Yep, 6-B humans anyone? I think it is pretty clear that whatever of the explosion reached them managed to kill the humans but clearly not char them or the buildings. Buildings, skeletons, bunkers...Hell, even forests survived. Note, these trees are BIG. They've been here for a while and it hasn't been a while since the explosion happened. WDs didn't live long before the Murder Drones appeared, this happened within a short time-span as N's master from before he became a DD is only just now an adult or a young-adult.

In short, if the explosion with 6-B force hit everything within a planet's radius i think everything would begone, and yet here we are with lakes, buildings and spooky scary skeletons.
This was more of a concentrated explosion by the looks of it with the shockwave doing the rest to them (Becoming weaker the further they are from the shockwave’s epicenter), hence how the 5-A explosion didn’t completely destroy the planet.
3. There's no evidence that there were WDs anywhere near the explosion that survived
This is simple. All Worker Drones we see live in a city and near the city we see no, you know, pacific ocean-sized burned out crater? Yeah, it is nowhere near the actual explosion site, and there's nothing to suggest that anyone tanked it there.
In the first episode’s ending, we see a zoom out view of Copper 9 from where Uzi is at, which shows they were in fact near the crater (Not the epicenter for sure, but still surface area)
4. 6-B is a MASSIVE OUTLIER.
There are exactly 0 AP or durability feats that are beyond tier 0 for this verse. All feats are some damage to floors, missiles with small explosions and Uzi getting thrown into the clouds this one time. There is nothing that is even tier 8, much less freaking Country level.

"But Arceus, verses without many feats can have higher tiers since it is hard to be an outlier in that case! To have an outlier they need to have a lower feat push them to their limit!"

Two things.
1. It does have feats, they are just lower end tier 9 and uncalculated
and
2. Say hello to this. Uzi tanks an explosion and seemingly gets hurt. Here's the calc. It couldn't even properly nuke the bunker door. Now, one could argue that the bandages were a meaningless little thing similar to how drones always imitate humans meaninglessly (admittedly i doubt they need a cold compress) but nevertheless despite being rebellious by nature, Uzi still keeps herself bandaged up for a while which means she probably was hurt to at least some extent.
Not only has Episode 6 shown Cyn under the AbosluteSolver being capable of generating a singularity powerful enough to destroy Earth, but every time someone gets hurt is from the characters hurting others/themselves, not anything naturally not from them (The second point included would fall under this). AoE fallacy is a thing, of course.
5. True final one, the entire point of ep 1 is that DDs cannot and I repeat CANNOT get past the giant metal doors and cannot destroy the facility.
If they were 6-B they could have just sliced through the steel doors, ones that, you know, were never suggested to be some 6-B material and ones that can be welded into, well, doors.
These are also human made bunkers so they've no reason to be made to fight off 6-B threats.
Like point 4, AoE fallacy is a thing, and this is a work of fiction, after all.

At this point, you might as well do what you want if a majority agrees even after this comment. You did want a short answer from me, after all.

Says he'll elaborate "later today",actually elaborates later that day.
gigachad-chad.gif

That’s why I accounted for surface area. And even then, a shockwave would still have to have some form of durability to survive given how it spread across the entire planet since skeletal remains are present.
the skeletal remains ARE the problem since humans can't survive that level of power at all, they'd get atomized by 6-B attacks and unless there is a pokemon-human logic going on (there isn't) this wouldn't work at all.
This was more of a concentrated explosion by the looks of it with the shockwave doing the rest to them (Becoming weaker the further they are from the shockwave’s epicenter), hence how the 5-A explosion didn’t completely destroy the planet.
Doesn't change much considering it getting weaker further on is not the argument, the argument is that it was so weak it couldn't even destroy human skeletons
In the first episode’s ending, we see a zoom out view of Copper 9 from where Uzi is at, which shows they were in fact near the crater (Not the epicenter for sure, but still surface area)
OK, doesn't change the fact that the stone buildings near it were barely damaged. Even if there was a 6-B shockwave there would be a desert, not intact buildings and skeletons
Not only has Episode 6 shown Cyn under the AbosluteSolver being capable of generating a singularity powerful enough to destroy Earth, but every time someone gets hurt is from the characters hurting others/themselves, not anything naturally not from them (The second point included would fall under this).
Absolute Solver shouldn't really count here considering we've never see what it can do at a proper, full power. They don't create singularities left and right, it is a thing that it can technically do. Until someone tanks it face-first this doesn't support much.
The reason others don't get hurt by anyone other than themselves is because nobody has shown up who isn't them who has tried to hurt them. So far there is literally one human in the whole thing and barely any feats of collapse or material destruction except for the one I calced so we haven't seen any threat like that either.
AoE fallacy is a thing, of course.
Like point 4, AoE fallacy is a thing, and this is a work of fiction, after all.
AOE fallacy works properly when there is a clear indication that the character is beyond that feat. In this case we've never seen a proper feat beyond tier 9, the 6-B "feat" couldn't even blow up a basic-ass city made of rocks and metal and couldn't even vaporize a skeleton or two. This is a case where AoE fallacy doesn't apply imo because AoE fallacy is basically just a destructive capacity outlier, though imo the 6-B feat is the reverse of that, a feat that is calculably 6-B but doesn't actually show levels of damage near that.
At this point, you might as well do what you want if a majority agrees even after this comment. You did want a short answer from me, after all.
I wanted a short answer as in "a concise and compact response that gets the point across" and not a shortening of your thoughts. I want a proper argument but I also don't wanna smash my head against my keyboard reading a book about a single point like in DBZ threads.

I'd also like 2 things

1. I wanna scale Murder Drones to 251 megajoules from not being affected by the explosion which left humans as skeletons, which is calculated here

and I'd like this calc evaluated since my old one won't work until the nerd squad decides what to do with bending calcs.

Not only has Episode 6 shown Cyn under the AbosluteSolver being capable of generating a singularity powerful enough to destroy Earth, but every time someone gets hurt is from the characters hurting others/themselves, not anything naturally not from them (The second point included would fall under this). AoE fallacy is a thing, of course.
This point convinced me, I disagree with the downgrade, if someone debunks it then i will agree with the downgrade

Last edited:
This point convinced me, I disagree with the downgrade, if someone debunks it then i will agree with the downgrade
I don't see how this changes anything. Absolute solver has never been shown at full power properly and it hasn't hurt anyone at its full power and not to mention it is it's own thing. Everyone being hurt only by themselves isn't gonna change anything since there isn't anyone else BUT them until the latest episodes where the humans haven't attempted to damage them.

Meanwhile the most important part of the argument is that the 6-B feat is bunk since it failed to destroy buildings and failed to properly destroy humans that were all no frar from it, meaning that the shockwave or whatever did reach them wasn't even close to 6-B. The average nuke would do more damage.

Would definitely appreciate if people replied to my points instead of just FRAing something that I already replied to and never got a response to

Would definitely appreciate if people replied to my points instead of just FRAing something that I already replied to and never got a response to
Busy making money moves, will give reasoning when I stop making money moves.

Well I am just gonna, y'know, point out another thing where a human lady shot a gun at one of the drones and they deemed it dangerous enough to counter

It was a basic freaking revolver too. I know that you could argue that she didn't know what that was and had to counter it but I sorta doubt it since they've been learning about human stuff for a while.

the skeletal remains ARE the problem since humans can't survive that level of power at all, they'd get atomized by 6-B attacks and unless there is a pokemon-human logic going on (there isn't) this wouldn't work at all.

Doesn't change much considering it getting weaker further on is not the argument, the argument is that it was so weak it couldn't even destroy human skeletons

OK, doesn't change the fact that the stone buildings near it were barely damaged. Even if there was a 6-B shockwave there would be a desert, not intact buildings and skeletons

Absolute Solver shouldn't really count here considering we've never see what it can do at a proper, full power. They don't create singularities left and right, it is a thing that it can technically do. Until someone tanks it face-first this doesn't support much.
The reason others don't get hurt by anyone other than themselves is because nobody has shown up who isn't them who has tried to hurt them. So far there is literally one human in the whole thing and barely any feats of collapse or material destruction except for the one I calced so we haven't seen any threat like that either.

AOE fallacy works properly when there is a clear indication that the character is beyond that feat. In this case we've never seen a proper feat beyond tier 9, the 6-B "feat" couldn't even blow up a basic-ass city made of rocks and metal and couldn't even vaporize a skeleton or two. This is a case where AoE fallacy doesn't apply imo because AoE fallacy is basically just a destructive capacity outlier, though imo the 6-B feat is the reverse of that, a feat that is calculably 6-B but doesn't actually show levels of damage near that.

I wanted a short answer as in "a concise and compact response that gets the point across" and not a shortening of your thoughts. I want a proper argument but I also don't wanna smash my head against my keyboard reading a book about a single point like in DBZ threads.
I gotta agree with this response more

But since @EliminatorVenom wanted to speak after Psycho appeared, I'm interested in what they want to say

I wanna note that I did watch the series from beginning to end but may have forgotten parts of it.

We downgrade them even more to 9-C and 9-B considering they get hurt by pens, guns, and artillery
As said above, glass is very vulnerable. Also when did they get hurt by pens?

Anyways I wanna make em 9-A via the feats mentioned above.

I don't see how this changes anything. Absolute solver has never been shown at full power properly and it hasn't hurt anyone at its full power and not to mention it is it's own thing. Everyone being hurt only by themselves isn't gonna change anything since there isn't anyone else BUT them until the latest episodes where the humans haven't attempted to damage them.

Meanwhile the most important part of the argument is that the 6-B feat is bunk since it failed to destroy buildings and failed to properly destroy humans that were all no frar from it, meaning that the shockwave or whatever did reach them wasn't even close to 6-B. The average nuke would do more damage.
i will wait to see if Psycho will give some counter arguments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back