• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
by the way though... why doesn't infinite have fear manipulation and abstract existence like Odio? Thats clearly what he was doing against the Avatar man.

bah my point is that he feeds on fear... his powersource has limited fuel from it which feeds his powers.. like when he created that sun

This is mewtwo vs infinite.. not infinite vs the world. If Infinite was against Mewtwo he'd have no reason to hold back and cause fear. Or are we assuming Infinite has no warning that he's going into a literal death battle?

Infinite feeding on fear is headcanon that isn't backed up by anything. Adn you're right, he has no warning, because standard battle assumptions have no prep time.

I'm saying if mewtwo walked up to him in battle stance he'd know he's fighting mewtwo and prepare some clones to fight mewtwo... like he did the first time he saw Sonic...

Juron Pilo said:
I'm saying if mewtwo walked up to him in battle stance he'd know he's fighting mewtwo and prepare some clones to fight mewtwo... like he did the first time he saw Sonic...
Which is directly contradicted by his fights.

Juron Pilo said:
Doesn't eggman explain that the phantom ruby feeds on fear?
Can't confirm, but there isn't anything on the sonic wiki about it. The phantom ruby has its own power source in any case.

not his first fight though. the one in which he is introduced... and I just explained why he didn't in the folllowing fights.

Juron Pilo said:
the phantom ruby is powered by emotions. Listen to tails too. Courage and heroism can activate the phantom ruby
Is that so? That sort of hurts your argument then, considering Mewtwo is generally a pretty stoic guy. And this is all assuming that people around infinite being emotional buffs it, which isn't even true. If you think it is then by all means make a CRT for it, but keep that separate from this thread.

Infinite was threatening the entire world with it though. It doesn't even need to be near someone to do it. Thats why his army was so unstoppable. Because it caused a chain reaction of fear.

for infinite it only worked with fear. Why would it hurt my argument? I'm not using the fear to fight but to explain where the ruby got its power. The clones energy would defeat him not draining mewtwo.

Besides Eggman, the scene with Tails makes it pretty clear. Tails told him that "his courage" would activate the phantom ruby. Then he tried just that and it worked. Case Closed?

If you really think Infinite doesn't use fear.. why would he be so stupid as to try so hard to scare The Avatar? That's nonsense.

This "Find the statement that says it isn't a metaphor" doesn't hold up when its the running theme of the whole episode. Many many scenes say fear all over them. I could probably find an army of scenes saying fear, afraid, terrified, etc in the game. Its all over the work.

Why not use that argument against Frisk's reset powers. Theres only the scenes with Asriel and Flowey that directly reference reset. And Frisk wasn't doing it. Doesn't mean there isn't subtext everywhere and quite frankly like I said they say it objectively in the show.

Edit: Sorry for still talking but stop being a straw vulcan. It is everywhere in Sonic Forces. Subtext exists!

Objective evidence has been mentioned. The Tails scene say it succinctly and quite frankly this whole thing is a tangent just like mentioned Straw Vulcan trope. How does any of this defeat my argument that Infinte has and can use the strategy of cloning argument?

Why not say Infinite has only a 10% chance of using that tactic?! This whole thing has been a derailing of my argument. Thing is Infinite is much smarter than your giving him credit for.

Sigh. Just to list another argument:

Why can't he disrupt the hax by shooting a flurry of homing shot energy constructs? Mind control generally takes concentration. Jumping right to hax has the habit of being overpowered by your opponent. Mewtwo has been defeated by exactly that strategy.

ZephyrosOmega said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M8zDzD90zQ - No clones against Sonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu_nqhw0Tc8 - No clones against Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPM5FGZNlao - No clones against Sonic and Avatar working together
Nice try

Infinite used clones the first time he fought Sonic, he wasn't expecting to fight him in Mystic Jungle, but he does clone himself in the fight

His clones were fighting the rest of the resistance in Metropolis, the Avatar was a stragler

His clones were busy fighting the rest of the cast in a big army, so nice try but he uses clones

I still think he should have fear manipulation. What do we call fear effects that hinge on absorbing fear as an energy anyways? Lots of villains do it but its hard for me to find more than a few who have it on their pages.

To be clear: theres tons of evidence of him using fear to power his constructs. But little of him actually inducing fear in others supernaturally. Its either beyond his abilities or not strong enough to overcome the good guys defenses. Its fuel not a manipulation. If I make a page what do I call it? Similarly hes not quite a personification of fear but he does use it through the nonsentient phantom ruby.

edit: thread not page.

Theuser789 said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M8zDzD90zQ - No clones against Sonic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu_nqhw0Tc8 - No clones against Avatar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPM5FGZNlao - No clones against Sonic and Avatar working together
Nice try
Infinite used clones the first time he fought Sonic, he wasn't expecting to fight him in Mystic Jungle, but he does clone himself in the fight

His clones were fighting the rest of the resistance in Metropolis, the Avatar was a stragler

His clones were busy fighting the rest of the cast in a big army, so nice try but he uses clones
Congratulations, you just proved my point. When Infinite fights 1 on 1, he doesn't send other characters at them. Sonic was the outlier because Infinite was trying to, yknow, destroy the hero of the world

Sorry but it stands to reason his argument is invalidated unless he can present a reason Infinite would fight like... whatever he's supposed to be fighting like.

Really, sorry.

edit: how does one transmit an apology online?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back