• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anus Volitoad: Questionable resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, as long as we are not discussing it, we discard the feats from anime, but yet use it for calculations? Sounds reasonable approach

If verse mechanics say that X ability doesn't work on X, that's a weakness of the ability not a resistance for the person, if I recall
Man, don't bother, I've debated Dread before and she always reaches a point of losing an argument and refusing to concede so she just spouts incoherent bullshit. We hit that point a while back, I'm afraid.

So, as long as we are not discussing it, we discard the feats from anime, but yet use it for calculations? Sounds reasonable approach
The anime is for extra context on feats generally, if it happens in the LN but needs more context turn to the anime. This is how verses such as Naruto and Bleach are handled

Bleach anime is literally counted as canon because the author is one who supervised it.

@DaReaperMan I am still waiting for standards that discard feats because they are verse mechanics, because at this point, remove the profile entirely, because I can assure you this verse is largely and significantly dependent on verse mechanics and its unique setting.

Bleach anime is literally counted as canon because the author is one who supervised it.
A thread was made and argued for before we started using it here, so I think you should do the same
The same thing went for Boruto before we split the profiles and many more verses like that, if you want feats for the anime to be used, you need to make a thread for it.

If it hasn't been established that the anime supports the LN, I would axe those calculations too, ngl.

But again, this is derailing.
As the author of the original work, this applies to everything, but for the script, I also participate in scenario meetings, and I am particularly deeply involved. The anime staff told me that they wanted to make it just like the original, and I was able to participate as if they were part of the staff in a very open environment . To be honest, if I supervise it in such detail, I'm afraid that it might cause some trouble
We had many meetings over a long period of time so that we could reconstruct the Maou Gakuin for the anime, such as the dialogue, story, setting, foreshadowing, and composition. Thank you for your feedback
The outline is exactly the same, and the part that had to be changed in terms of the length was something like ``Did you think it wasn't the same as the original, just because it's an anioli?'' I can responsibly say that I would appreciate it.
Well we can do a CRT to check if it's canon or not but really it's a waste of time. Author clearly mentioned he is deeply involved in that and Storyline is same as LN.

@DaReaperMan I am still waiting for standards that discard feats because they are verse mechanics, because at this point, remove the profile entirely, because I can assure you this verse is largely and significantly dependent on verse mechanics and its unique setting.

This guy is a good example, mythical dudes can move in his timestop, this is considered a weakness of the ability not a resistance to those who are mythical

Hey Dread, think of it this way.

Imagine you cast a spell at me. However, the spell has a weakness where it doesn't work against someone over 18 years of age (a criteria which I meet). So, when the spell fails to affect me, is that a resistance? Did I resist the spell, or did it fail for other reasons?

If verse mechanics say that X ability doesn't work on X, that's a weakness of the ability not a resistance for the person, if I recall
Now I thought about it, Leorg had said he was risking his life to cast origin magic. Calling upon an origin with the wrong name would indeed endanger his life!
Yes Anos can resists Origin Magic but he didn't Resisted his Origin Magic he Resisted Origin Magic of Avos which is fake demon king and a spirit so Resistance to electricity manipulation can stay. Dread seemed to send scans it seems so i won't bother.

Fuji never read the series so you shouldn't take all her words for granted.

This is not standards, this is a profile.
Yes

TBH I first heard about that in a DB thread and we both know how rabid both sides of that equation are. Fuji makes a good example too

If you really, REALLY want it to be written down, do so

Dareaperman, thanks for your honestly, but I don't work on a non-existent standard. So let's concede and there is no a such standard.

Yes Anos can resists Origin Magic but he didn't Resisted his Origin Magic he Resisted Origin Magic of Avos which is fake demon king and a spirit so Resistance to electricity manipulation can stay. Dread seemed to send scans it seems so i won't bother.

I mean I trust you more then I do you

But then again that's like saying which kind of brain cancer I prefer, I trust both of you as far as I can throw you and I assume I can throw Fuji farther
Dareaperman, thanks for your honestly, but I don't work on a non-existent standard. So let's concede and there is no a such standard.
Again, get it written down

I could probably dig up that Jorm thread too

c73377dc0b1bb7b84d5f118c36d980d5.png

It happened exactly in anime. But since I know you and Fuji will discard it, I don't think arguing would be worth.

Again, get it written down

I could probably dig up that Jorm thread too
Not obligated. Again, you are using an argument as standard, and it is a non-existent. I am not in any position to rely on in your beliefs,
neither to even create a thread for it.

image.png

"The magic Leorg had borrowed for Jirasd was from such an ancestor. An ancestor from two thousand years ago, who had strength enough to slay gods: The Demon King of Tyranny, Anos Voldigoad. In other words, me"

hmmmmm yes i wonder where this origin magic came from, very mysterious

I mean I trust you more then I do you

But then again that's like saying which kind of brain cancer I prefer, I trust both of you as far as I can throw you and I assume I can throw Fuji farther
Here you can check the scan. Origin Magic is something drawing power from another existence it can be Anos or even legend or Folktales. Avos is a Legend of Demon King so Leorge when draws the power he imagined Avos in his head instead Anos so the Origin Magic he used should be from Avos. Anos just explains Origin magic doesn't work on origin. He might have thought Leorge Summoned his Origin magic. But later it was stated as demon king name was changed and Avos legend exists. Technically Anos resisted Origin Magic of Avos Legend instead Anos himself
Because of this, it was standard to borrow from an old but proven origin, for example, someone from folklore or legend. Drawing from an ancestor of the same bloodline also increased the chance of success.

The magic Leorg had borrowed for Jirasd was from such an ancestor. An ancestor from two thousand years ago, who had strength enough to slay gods: the Demon King of Tyranny, Anos Voldigoad. In other words, me. Indeed, there was no origin more suitable in this era. However...

“Unfortunately for you, origin magic has no effect on that which it draws power from. Weren’t you aware?”

“You still claim to be the founder? This damn hybrid...” cursed Leorg despite his confusion.

Don't forget this context, Reaper :v
This does not discard the feat at all.

I don't get the damn issue now. The feat happened exactly in Anime, and in LN, it is fricking lightning (even stronger one, as it is black lightning), it makes no sense to not give Anos resistance, he literally survived the attack and did not even get effected by it.

image.png

"The magic Leorg had borrowed for Jirasd was from such an ancestor. An ancestor from two thousand years ago, who had strength enough to slay gods: The Demon King of Tyranny, Anos Voldigoad. In other words, me"

hmmmmm yes i wonder where this origin magic came from, very mysterious
Yeah I wonder too why you just nitpicks the same thing. Even after I explained the context.
The next moment, I read the name from Misha’s mind.

The Demon King of Tyranny, Avos Dilhevia.

“Who...?”

“Is something wrong?”

“It’s the wrong name.”

Misha shook her head. “It can’t be. No demon would ever get it wrong.”

“And the founder’s name is too fearsome to say aloud, right?”

Misha nodded.

“I see.”
In other words, thanks to everyone being too afraid to speak the founder’s name, demonkind had, over the course of two thousand years, slowly forgotten it. The wrong name had been passed down instead. How preposterous.
Now I thought about it, Leorg had said he was risking his life to cast origin magic. Calling upon an origin with the wrong name would indeed endanger his life!

I don't get the damn issue now. The feat happened exactly in Anime, and in LN, it is fricking lightning (even stronger one, as it is black lightning), it makes no sense to not give Anos resistance, he literally survived the attack and did not even get effected by it.
Yes, because the attack is ineffective against it's origin. Since the origin is Anos, is him not being affected a feat on Anos' part, or is it a weakness of the spell?

If you want to list it as weakness, you better delete the profile, because all of them are based on verse mechanics.

Dread like normally she doens't understand the context.

Anos Resisted Avos Legend Origin Magic but he misinterpreted as he resisted his own. So he resisted a thing which wasn't his own orginal magic.
Literally what does this change about what I said.
At this point I will just ignore you. I should have know giving you source and proof is waste of time.

I agree with @Mad_Dog_of_Fujiwara here. Origin magic is explicitely stated not to work into the very origin of the magic, so there's no resistance here.

If I remember correctly, I had a similar discussion a year ago regarding origin magic not affecting Anos because he's the very origin of the magic and it didn't get accepted as resistance because of that reason
How does Avos sounds like Anos to you ?

How does Avos sounds like Anos to you ?
Nothing implies it was Avos' origin.

It was Anos' origin, but called with a wrong name, which caused the caster of the spell to endanger his own life.

Hell, your own scans debunk that:

Leorg called Anos' origin but with the wrong name, therefore, endangered his life. But it still was Anos' origin, just with a wrong name.

Nothing implies it was Avos' origin.

It was Anos' origin, but called with a wrong name, which caused the caster of the spell to endanger his own life.

Hell, your own scans debunk that:

Leorg called Anos' origin but with the wrong name, therefore, endangered his life. But it still was Anos' origin, just with a wrong name.
Do you even read Volume 4? Avos legend literally exists. Him calling Avos name means he is calling her power instead of Anos. Also the origin should be proven. Avos Origin is proven where Anos origin is forgotten.
Because of this, it was standard to borrow from an old but proven origin, for example, someone from folklore or legend. Drawing from an ancestor of the same bloodline also increased the chance of success.
Origin is Existence itself. Leorge thought in his mind that Avos is founder. As for legends she is founder. In other words he summoned her power not Anos because he never believed in Anos.

Yeah sure whatever it's MGK thread as usual nitpicking and Ignoring context behind what narrative states is not an unusual thing i guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back