• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anus Volitoad: Questionable resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaReaperMan

Bronze Supporter

"Electricity Manipulation (By expelling magic from one's body, the user can resist the effects of <Jirasd>), Ice Manipulation & Transmutation (Anti-magic can be used to resist Misha's Eyes of Creation), Fire Manipulation (Magic Power and anti-magic can be used to resist, supress and extinguish various fire based magic), Body Puppetry (Anti-Magic has been shown to resist compulsion magic), Holy Manipulation & Unholy Manipulation (Can constantly resist various spells from heroes who utilize holy magic and demons whose magic is the opposite wavelength to holy magic)"

No scans or references, either that gets fixed with references at least, or they get nuked.

I do recall anti-magic being a way of resisting body puppetry, though idk if it's more like power null. But yeah, I'll wait until some actual evidence shows up since it's odd that everything on the profile except these is sourced.
That's why I made it

Everything else is BEAUTIFULLY sourced and scanned...

Except half of his resistances.

Lovely thread title, also I agree that said resistances should be nuked unless given sources, Angus Goldilocks is busted enough without being wanked

Fire Manipulation (Magic Power and anti-magic can be used to resist, supress and extinguish various fire based magic
Maybe I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Arnos in Season 2 was laughing as they used fire magic on him.

Holy Manipulation & Unholy Manipulation (Can constantly resist various spells from heroes who utilize holy magic and demons whose magic is the opposite wavelength to holy magic)"
This even happens in the first season.

Electricity Manipulation (By expelling magic from one's body, the user can resist the effects of <Jirasd>)
Also happens in the first season...

Also, why would we use the anime? I'll skim the LN real quick to see what I can find. By the way, the body puppetry resistances are in fact reliant on magic resistance, so it can stay.
The electricity resistance definitely has it, it happens against Anos and Zepes brother, the thing with the heroes also happens, but I don't remember the rest.
Would have to wait for someone who has read all 4 volumes to take a look at this.

Yes, it's after MGK fans are the people who make unnecessary comments.

I'm sorry, and it's hard to remember everything, I watched the first season more than 2 years ago.
I am not known to be a nice guy lmfao

See what Fuji said
Also, why would we use the anime? I'll skim the LN real quick to see what I can find. By the way, the body puppetry resistances are in fact reliant on magic resistance, so it can stay.
Good, now all we need is a volume and page number

I am not known to be a nice guy lmfao

See what Fuji said
Yes, i see, but I don't think it's necessary to find a fan of something and say that the anime they like is bad, and that's why there are more than one opinion.

At best I can find electricity resistance, but the rest I don't remember when it happens.

Yes, i see, but I don't think it's necessary to find a fan of something and say that the anime they like is bad, and that's why there are more than one opinion.
I mean to be fair, I did sit down and watch a couple episodes and formulated my opinion on it then, saying I think it's basically bog standard is higher praise then I give the LN at least

I mean to be fair, I did sit down and watch a couple episodes and formulated my opinion on it then, saying I think it's basically bog standard is higher praise then I give the LN at least
I'm not saying you have to like it or anything, but this CRT has nothing to do with whether or not you like the anime, it's completely unnecessary.

Alright, so I'm very confused about the resistance to ice/transmutation. It says anti-magic can be used to resist this, and while that's definitely ice manipulation/transmutation... Nobody ever resists it? Nobody actually uses their anti-magic against it, and as far as I can tell, this specific technique is used once in volume 4 and nowhere else as of yet.

Also, Anos resisting the MEoD is uh.... a little questionable, since like fear hax in the verse, it's reliant on a person's power level. We need to decide on whether or not this sort of scaling for abilities/resistances is acceptable, since I know Dragon Ball works similarly (and even then, that's already contentious).

Also, Anos resisting the MEoD is uh.... a little questionable, since like fear hax in the verse, it's reliant on a person's power level. We need to decide on whether or not this sort of scaling for abilities/resistances is acceptable, since I know Dragon Ball works similarly (and even then, that's already contentious).
Magic resistance doesn't count as resistance? Besides the but, this looks like it's just talking about AP, and not things like sleep manipulation, mind manipulation, etc.
Sasha's MEoD was able to overcome the time stop of the Guardian God of Time, despite being a God who killed even the demons of the era when Anos was a demon king.

I mean, it is resistance, but this particular case seems to be based on the power of the spell cast and the strength of the target. MEoD doesn't have any AP value iirc, it's deconstruction and various other hax, so it's a weird scenario where these characters can take durability negation/other shit as a regular, physical attack. Not sure how to treat this tbh

I mean, it is resistance, but this particular case seems to be based on the power of the spell cast and the strength of the target. MEoD doesn't have any AP value iirc, it's deconstruction and various other hax, so it's a weird scenario where these characters can take durability negation/other shit as a regular, physical attack. Not sure how to treat this tbh
But is this talking about hax's or AP? In the scan it says that a mere look can defeat a being with lesser magic power, this seems to be talking about AP.
Especially with him saying that someone from the ancient era would only be "wounded" by it.

But is this talking about hax's or AP? In the scan it says that a mere look can defeat a being with lesser magic power, this seems to be talking about AP.
That's what I'm saying; Whether or not you resist it is based on AP, so it's likely a limitation of the power and not a typical resistance. I want more input on this, since this sort of thing tends to have some split opinions.

That's what I'm saying; Whether or not you resist it is based on AP, so it's likely a limitation of the power and not a typical resistance. I want more input on this, since this sort of thing tends to have some split opinions.
This specific mention seems to be talking about AP (nothing related to resisting MEoD's hax's), as he says that an ancient era demon would only be "wounded", but it's best to say that to a person who has read all 4 volumes.

I think a discussion should be had about potential pages for controversial/popular powerscaling characters/verse should go through CRTs regardless of the tier they fall in.

MGK has had like a bajillion CRTs and almost much RVRs since it returned.

All of which could have been reduced drastically if a CRT was done before adding it

"Electricity Manipulation (By expelling magic from one's body, the user can resist the effects of <Jirasd>),
This Leorge Summoned power from Avos Dilhevia not Anos so he still resisted it.

Reference Volume 1
Ice Manipulation & Transmutation (Anti-magic can be used to resist Misha's Eyes of Creation),
I don't know about transmutation but Ice manipulation can be resisted with Anti magic

Reference Volume 1 & 4
Fire Manipulation (Magic Power and anti-magic can be used to resist, supress and extinguish various fire based magic),
Anos was standing still trusting his anti magic can resists Zepes sword which was literally Manipulating fire.

Reference Volume 1
Body Puppetry (Anti-Magic has been shown to resist compulsion magic),
There is feat so it works

Reference Volume 1
Holy Manipulation & Unholy Manipulation (Can constantly resist various spells from heroes who utilize holy magic and demons whose magic is the opposite wavelength to holy magic)"
Misha got negged by presence of Evansmana because it was holy magic and Anos can resists that. Also there was a test regarding Holy magic and other thing where Anos resists it.

Reference Volume 3

Scans Fujiwara can handle those as they are desperately trying to work on MGK Profile. Even though Touhou profiles lacks too many scans of their own i find it funny she is trying to Fix MGK profile which she hasn't read.

Last edited:
Yes, if you have no other feats, then this resistance should be removed.
Anos Resisted Origin spell which summoned Avos Dilhevia power not Anos power. So Resistance does works
Now I thought about it, Leorg had said he was risking his life to cast origin magic. Calling upon an origin with the wrong name would indeed endanger his life!
You know Anos and Avos both are different things.

This Leorge Summoned power from Avos Dilhevia not Anos so he still resisted it.

I don't know about transmutation but Ice manipulation can be resisted with Anti magic

Anos was standing still trusting his anti magic can resists Zepes sword which was literally Manipulating fire.

There is feat so it works

Misha got negged by presence of Evansmana because it was holy magic and Anos can resists that. Also there was a test regarding Holy magic and other thing where Anos resists it.

Scans Fujiwara can handle those as they are desperately trying to work on MGK Profile. Even though Touhou profiles lacks too many scans of their own i find it funny she is trying to Fix MGK profile which she hasn't read.
Why does he resist some of those things if he only resists anti-magic which is power nullification?

I'm really asking.

Why does he resist some of those things if he only resists anti-magic which is power nullification?

I'm really asking.
His Body is constantly Produces Anti magic. It's a thing for every being in the verse. Anti magic means not a powernull in this case as i mentioned. More like magic resistance. Everything in the magic has magic.

Even fodder Zepes had some level of magic resistance but it was just pathetic.

Also magic works in the verse just like how Reatsu in Bleach and Ki in DBS works. There are some abilities removed unjustified. Though I am not in a mood to add them any time sooner. So i hope people just don't remove things without understanding the context of the verse.

There's like 4 translated volumes total. You can't just say "that's in volume 2" lmao we need much more specific scans than that.

eh wha, fire manipulation resistance is literally in anime, u told me that u watched anime?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back