• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anus Volitoad: Questionable resistances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can guarantee you that only a few people read the whole thread (and, in fact, they are only obligated to address the OP).

"Electricity Manipulation (By expelling magic from one's body, the user can resist the effects of <Jirasd>)
This is literally in anime, watch it in the first episode.

And the rest are part of his anti-magic. I find it questionable that you created the thread instead of Deagonx or Fuji.

I can guarantee you that only a few people read the whole thread (and, in fact, they are only obligated to address the OP).

This is literally in anime, watch it in the first episode.

And the rest are part of his anti-magic. I find it questionable that you created the thread instead of Deagonx or Fuji.
You gotta excel and go above and beyond to be staff worth a damn Dread, that means your evaluations need more work

Scan and reference it. Why is it that every other thing on the profile is scanned and referenced EXCEPT these?

I made it cause i want the quality of the profile to be higher, Fuji actually found some holes to pole in the resistances

I have nothing to say, neither I can confirm if last sentence is serious and real or simply ironic or just to annoy me. For reference or scan, I will simply leave it to Elde since Tatsumi got topic-banned (the one who mostly have scans downloaded).

I only remember the scene where demon brothers were fighting against Anos, and they were using black lightning and did an explosive magic with it, and Anos literally stood there unfazed. That's all

Two wrongs don't make a right tho. It ain't like this thread is ten pages long, reading it to see what's been argued and how the thread has progressed and evolved should be a given.

Two wrongs don't make a right tho. It ain't like this thread is ten pages long, reading it to see what's been argued and how the thread has progressed and evolved should be a given.
Maybe I have different type of evaluation setting as others. I tend to think that the OP is the primary premise, and if there is any alternation during the discussion, the OP should be changed accordingly.

Not like I am now the worst person or doing it constantly, I do give effort and give my evaluations precisely and professionally. Apologies, if I lacked here, I guess I just don't have any more energy to deal with MG downgrades.

1. We aren't watching the anime for the LN profile. If it happens in the LN, prove it, if it happens elsewhere, we can't use it.
2. I need more context than just the volume number. These are several hundred page long novels, the least you could do is give the chapter.

Scans Fujiwara can handle those as they are desperately trying to work on MGK Profile. Even though Touhou profiles lacks too many scans of their own i find it funny she is trying to Fix MGK profile which she hasn't read.
Mm. Downgrade it then. They say the 3rd time's the charm, right?

Why we can't use it from anime? Mind proving its non-canoncity? And why do I need to give you more context to you specifically?

Why we can't use it from anime? Mind proving its non-canoncity? And why do I need to give you more context to you specifically?
"So for most manga series, that means the original manga is canonical, while the anime is not (since the anime is simply an adaptation of the manga made by others). Databooks are considered secondary canon since scans tend to contradict them. It should be noted that this is often evaluated on a case-by-case basis."

Also you need to give context since that's what you do in arguments. I already checked for the electricity resistance in the LN and found nothing, so do you know something that I don't?

He literally resisted <jisad> which is magic black thunder emperor, not only resisted, he literally stood unfazed when he took the attack.

He literally resisted <jisad> which is magic black thunder emperor, not only resisted, he literally stood unfazed when he took the attack.
"So for most manga series, that means the original manga is canonical, while the anime is not (since the anime is simply an adaptation of the manga made by others). Databooks are considered secondary canon since scans tend to contradict them. It should be noted that this is often evaluated on a case-by-case basis."
k

Anime is adaption from LN, I don't get your point. It's written and approved by the same author. And it is canon, unless it misses details from LN.
The fact we use CALCULATIONS from Anime.

Anime is adaption from LN, I don't get your point. It's written and approved by the same author. And it is canon, unless it misses details from LN.
The fact we use CALCULATIONS from Anime.
LN is primary source.

Anime is secondary source.

Does lightning resistance happen in the LN? If not it should be nuked.

Depends on how strict and unreasonable you are with “resisting”, is the feat I mentioned above enough to make my time worth to send the evidence?

Depends on how strict and unreasonable you are with “resisting”, is the feat I mentioned above enough to make my time worth to send the evidence?
I just want him face-tanking it without caveats of shit like verse mechanics

Why is verse mechanics anti-feat or a reason for the feat to be discarded?

We prefer to use the primary, btw.

Here

If in the LN there's no showing of proper resistance but in the anime there is, we default to no resistance since the LN here is the primary canon and consider the anime as contradictory to it.

I am simply trying to understand why discard a feat because it is verse mechanics, and under which standards is that

Why is verse mechanics anti-feat or a reason for the feat to be discarded?
See what Fuji said about Origins, magic that you made just doesn't work on you apparently

I dont even really care about the caveats and whatnot, i want the scans and references on there so it's brought up to the standard set with the rest of the profile
Let them just remove it at this point. 2 staff gonna agree with the removal anyway. Also why this is a Q & A.

They already removed 2 abilities without any CRT. Arguing is waste of time.
Elde, mate, I popcorn ya'll all the time, doesn't mean I'm gonna go out of my way to remove shit beyond "Why does this have nothing when everything else does?"

I don't think Anime is anywhere a contradictory as long as the author himself was supervising it. But hey, I won't win the argument in a MG downgrade, so as Elde was saying, the thread is already accepted.

We prefer to use the primary, btw.

Here

If in the LN there's no showing of proper resistance but in the anime there is, we default to no resistance since the LN here is the primary canon and consider the anime as contradictory to it.
LN has feats. Anime doesn't Contradicts anything infact anime has less contents. Also Author himself worked on Anime too. Just like how Kubo involved in bleach (if i am correct. I have seen him saying something like in his blogs)

I don't think Anime is anywhere a contradictory as long as the author himself was supervising it. But hey, I won't win the argument in a MG downgrade, so as Elde was saying, the thread is already accepted.
That could be discussed in another thread. If we have proof that the anime should be taken as secondary canon to the LN, then it could indeed be used to support.

See how Sonic now counts the IDW comics as part of the game canon.

I am simply trying to understand why discard a feat because it is verse mechanics, and under which standards is that
If verse mechanics say that X ability doesn't work on X, that's a weakness of the ability not a resistance for the person, if I recall

LN has feats. Anime doesn't Contradicts anything infact anime has less contents. Also Author himself worked on Anime too. Just like how Kubo involved in bleach (if i am correct. I have seen him saying something like in his blogs)
I don't question that which I don't know, but this is not the thread to establish that. Another one would have to be made with all the proof and stuff.

However, if there's scans, just bring them. There's no rush (at least from me).

Elde, mate, I popcorn ya'll all the time, doesn't mean I'm gonna go out of my way to remove shit beyond "Why does this have nothing when everything else does?"
Not you dude. I am talking about the people who removed Law Manipulation and CM type 1 Resistance and got off freely. It just shows MGK supporters arguing is vain in vs threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back