• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anti-Monitor Ability Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Does this qualify for anti monitor getting immortality type 4 Negation?
4: Immortality via reincarnation or resurrection: Characters that are immortal because, whenever they die, they will simply reincarnate within another body or resurrect themselves at a later point in time.

Well, it's EE so it should by default be able to negate most forms of immortalities, if not all. So I guess so?

I think that it is simply a side-effect of his existence erasure, yes.

I don't know. Isn't that redundant if he already has existence erasure?

I've seen it in many characters profiles so it won't be redundant to add it in his profile right? I don't think it would take any time at all.
Confluctor can do it since I don't know anything about editing.

Do we know anything else about Immortal Man's immortality?
From the description about him just seems like type 4. Whenever he dies he Ressurects into a new and different body so that's type 4 right?

And anti monitor's anti matter ability erased him from all existence which should grant immortality type 4 Negation I suppose.

I've seen it in many characters profiles so it won't be redundant to add it in his profile right? I don't think it would take any time at all.
Okay. I suppose that I do not mind then.
I think that he was originally some kind of foil to Vandal Savage, who was given his powers by the same source, and constantly resurrected after he was killed, but I may misremember.

Yeah his main ability is to reincarnate, however, if his spirit is destroyed, he can never return no matter what.

So this could be soul destruction too when you think about it

I checked a bit about the character quickly, and apparently he doesn't have unlimited life force or something which was the reason.
It's also Vandal Savage's ennemy as Antvasima said.

I doubt negation would be the ability used here though.

Infinite/unlimited life force like type 1 immortality?
Immortality type 1 and type 4 are different if that's what you mean by unlimited life force.

So I'm only pushing for type 4 since it fit's the criteria not type 1.

That's not what I meant. More like, his type 4 apparently doesn't allow unlimited resurections or something.

Okay, thanks

In any event, even if the resurrection is not "infinite", I don't think it matters much.

That's not what I meant. More like, his type 4 apparently doesn't allow unlimited resurections or something.
I don't think any fictional character is stated to have unlimited reincarnation/ressurection or need unlimited reincarnation or ressurection to gain type 4 for as long as you can reincarnate into a new host you gain type 4 immortality. we know how all are portrayed whenever they die, they get reincarnated after sometime/immediately or Ressurected after sometime/immediately just like immortal man's ability which qualities for type 4.

So him not being able to reincarnate from anti monitor's ability which destroys in all existence should automatically make anti monitor gain immortality type 4 negation like any other character.

I don't think any fictional character is stated to have unlimited reincarnation/ressurection or need unlimited reincarnation or ressurection to gain type 4 for as long as you can reincarnate into a new host you gain type 4 immortality. we know how all are portrayed whenever they die, they get reincarnated after sometime/immediately or Ressurected after sometime/immediately just like immortal man's ability which qualities for type 4.

So him not being able to reincarnate from anti monitor's ability which destroys in all existence should automatically make anti monitor gain immortality type 4 negation like any other character.
Not my point at all.

You can kill type 4 immortality users without negating it is what I'm saying.

Yeah but In the case they don't ressurect/reincarnate again should mean you did.

Okay. I suppose that I do not mind then.
Is somebody willing to handle this, or are there any objections?

Yeah but In the case they don't ressurect/reincarnate again should mean you did.
Not necessarily. For example they ran out of whatever's fuelling their resurection, then you didn't negate the ability.
A bunch of reason others than negation can lead to this.

I mean but that wasn't implied in this story for immortal man. I also read the three previous appearances of his, right before COIE and there was nothing like that

Not necessarily. For example they ran out of whatever's fuelling their resurection, then you didn't negate the ability.
A bunch of reason others than negation can lead to this.
But characters with such type if Ressurection Is type 8 not type 4 they just get reincarnated after they die but type 8 characters run out if whatever's fueling their ressurection. Plus like every other type 4 on this wiki immortal man wasn't stated to have a limit to his immortality even the comics said he couldn't reincarnate again after anti monitor's attack.

But characters with such type if Ressurection Is type 8 not type 4 they just get reincarnated after they die but type 8 characters run out if whatever's fueling their ressurection. Plus like every other type 4 on this wiki immortal man wasn't stated to have a limit to his immortality even the comics said he couldn't reincarnate again after anti monitor's attack.
No. Type 8 is being linked to something.

Also saying every type 4 on this wiki don't have a stated limit is wrong.

Although if Immortal Man has no reason other than Immortality Negation, then it would be legit. But taking a single scan without informations on the character is an awful way to do anything.

I don't remember any type 4 having anything to feul their their ressurection.
I don't remember any having a limit and even if they do isn't that still type 4 as long as they keep ressurecting?

Although if Immortal Man has no reason other than Immortality Negation, then it would be legit
Please I don't understand this.

But taking a single scan without informations on the character is an awful way to do anything.
The single scan did give us information even if you check dc database or ask any knowledgeable member on dc about Immortal man it's still gonna be the same thing actually and as Immortal man lacks appearances in DC we don't have much explanations on him except the one's we have currently from DC.

Besides the scan already gave us enough information about how his immortality works right?

I don't remember any type 4 having anything to feul their their ressurection.
I don't remember any having a limit and even if they do isn't that still type 4 as long as they keep ressurecting?
It is, but killing them through extinguishing their fuel or by exploiting a loophole isn't negation.
Please I don't understand this.
Basically always check for context before jumping to the "it's negation".
The single scan did give us information even if you check dc database or ask any knowledgeable member on dc about Immortal man it's still gonna be the same thing actually and as Immortal man lacks appearances in DC we don't have much explanations on him except the one's we have currently from DC.

Besides the scan already gave us enough information about how his immortality works right?
A single scan is never really enough, especially in DC comics. I mean, that's how Milkman Man gets wanked to ridiculously high tiers for example.

Also DC database actually says " Immortal Man used his life-energy to save the Earth but lost his life." so it kinda hints towards him having used up his life-energy for some reason.

And in fact, I just saw stuff like Resurrection Man issue 27 having him have a "final death" because of using all his energy against Warp Child.
The very next page after the one in the OP (Crisis of Infinite Earth issue 10) also states that Immortal Man body recreated itself then talk about Swamp Thing and how he survived.

Both prove the need to check a character's stuff (didn't finish to check every appearance he made tho).

It is, but killing them through extinguishing their fuel or by exploiting a loophole isn't negation.
Yeah and anti monitor didn't so that in COIE 1985 his anti matter wave just destroyed him from all existence which is type 4 Negation right?

Basically always check for context before jumping to the "it's negation".
I said it that way cause that's how its written on this platform immortality negation. In this case its type 4 since he couldn't ressurect again despite him having immortality type 4.

A single scan is never really enough, especially in DC comics. I mean, that's how Milkman Man gets wanked to ridiculously high tiers for example.

Also DC database actually says " Immortal Man used his life-energy to save the Earth but lost his life." so it kinda hints towards him having used up his life-energy for some reason.

And in fact, I just saw stuff like Resurrection Man issue 27 having him have a "final death" because of using all his energy against Warp Child.
The very next page after the one in the OP (Crisis of Infinite Earth issue 10) also states that Immortal Man body recreated itself then talk about Swamp Thing and how he survived.

Both prove the need to check a character's stuff (didn't finish to check every appearance he made tho)
Milkman's case Is different from this.

I will look through the rest then.

Yeah and anti monitor didn't so that in COIE 1985 his anti matter wave just destroyed him from all existence which is type 4 Negation right?
His regeneration kept working since it was mentionned in the right next page to say that he recreated his body. So it most likely ran out, which fits with what happens against Warp Child (or whatever this ugly thing's name is).
I said it that way cause that's how its written on this platform immortality negation. In this case its type 4 since he couldn't ressurect again despite him having immortality type 4.
I'm pretty sure the platform doesn't say to jump to conclusions, which is my point. In theory, yes it could be Immortality Negation. But is it the only explanation? What are the characteristics of his immortality?
That's what it's about.

On the later half of the 20th Century, realizing that Vandal Savage's power was growing too great for him to combat alone, the Immortal Man gathered a group of once-famous adventures to form the organization known as the Forgotten Heroes. Together, with the occasional aid of Superman, they have done their best to thwart Vandal Savage's plans and to battle evil all over the world. In the Crisis on Infinite Earths, Immortal Man used his life-energy to save the Earth but lost his life.

This wasn't stated in the comics how he lost his life though.
His regeneration kept working since it was mentionned in the right next page to say that he recreated his body. So it most likely ran out, which fits with what happens against Warp Child (or whatever this ugly thing's name is).
Yeah seen, thank you.
Is somebody willing to handle this, or are there any objections?
Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths_1985_-_Crisis_on_Infinite_Earths_1985_Issue_10_-_18.jpg

Yeah this can be closed Ant, Yuri is correct.
It's stated his body recreated itself so he came back after being destroyed.
I should have looked into it more than just make a question and answer thread.

Besides this should grant Immortal Man High-godly but ***** lacks a profile.

Okay. I will close this thread. Thank you to everybody who have helped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back