• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anti-Bullying Furry VS Profile Deletion

Status
Not open for further replies.
If other staff members think that it is too risky to keep a profile of the character, I can delete it again.

It doesn't seem worth the risk to me. The profile is not important enough for that.

We seem to be forgetting that Derek stated he would allow Cool Cat on here, even after I told him about Versus Threads.

Agnaa and Zark seems to wish to remove it.

Well, agnaas only problem was it previously being poorly made. If mr savage has made it clear hes fine with vs threads, then the worst i can see him doing is giving cool cat a bunch of 1-A feats and scaling so he wont be weaker than as many fictional characters.

Yeah, I think it should go mainly due to it literally swap by ******* Jerusalem Spider which is the start for "Don't make this!".

So yeah, it can go.

Alright, I looked it up and found a character named Spider Jerusalem, who has similar stats to Cool Cat. However, his stamina is better and he has completely different weaknesses. He also has different speed and less abilities.

That spider dude and CC are pretty different. If Derek had a problem with this, the we remove it. But I don't see how this is wrong. I mean, we have stuff like Barney and Dora on this site, why not Cool Cat?

I think it's just slight paranoia that the creator would go back on his word (despite knowing about vs matchups and giving permission) and possibly trying to sue.

He can't sue us. We have concrete evidence that he allowed this. Also, we can always take down the page again if, for whatever reason, it's urgently needed.

I deleted the profile because it isn't important, and as such not worth any risks. The author could just claim that the email screencapture is doctored if he wants to cause trouble.

Well, maybe I misunderstood that part, but the other sentiments still stand, and the page is, again, not important at all for this wiki, so I don't think that we need to argue extensively about this.

If he goes back on his word we can easily, EASILY delete it. Considering he hasn't done that yet, the page should still be up.

Why is it so important for you to keep the page? It is completely insignificant for the wiki, and deleting it later might not appease a judge.

Antvasima said:
Well, maybe I misunderstood that part, but the other sentiments still stand, and the page is, again, not important at all for this wiki, so I don't think that we need to argue extensively about this.
Note, I don't care about Cool Cat, but if we are shutting down proper discussion about a page, whose reasons for deletion are contentious, then that's a problem

A page needs to have valid reasons for being deleted, and if the reasons given have problems it needs to be looked into further, you can't just avoid that by saying a page "isn't important", that's extremely bad practice, especially for a site where a good few pages won't have any real importance beyond being desired on the site

Well, the issue here is that there appears to be a risk involved with hosting this page, and given that the page is not important, there is no actual benefit to outweigh said risk.

The creator who everyone's worrying about, straight up said he doesn't have a problem with the page being on this, at this point it isn't a reasonable safety measure being taken, it's sheer paranoia

BigSmoke4269 said:
Alright, I looked it up and found a character named Spider Jerusalem, who has similar stats to Cool Cat. However, his stamina is better and he has completely different weaknesses. He also has different speed and less abilities.
Spider is the gold standard for "Doesn't need a profile". For reference, It was given as a primary example for the Audit group to be made.

So, when the standard for "Doesn't need a profile" has a similar creation, it needs to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back