• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another pun: Is Yhwach destined to glory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he resists his own powers power mimicry wouldn't help.

Either way he copies powers using the almighty so that wouldn't work.

Wokistan said:
Light's not really his own power. It's an omnipresent thing he partakes in. Vex themselves can't simulate (and thus can't use it) Light properly yet so mimicking it doesn't seem like the most surefire idea
He also resists his own powers
If it's not his own power, then could it be nulled, or no?

And what about Poison Manipulation + Death Manipulation with Death Dealing?

Death Dealing is this:

Healing, Poison Manipulation, Death Manipulation and Reactive Evolution with The Deathdealing (Yhwach can control over any and all 'Lethal Doses' within his range. He alters the dosage of any substance he ingests or tanks, manipulating the 'poison' and either granting himself complete immunity within a single minute or lowering an opponent's resistance to kill or incap them. Furthermore with Askin's Vollständig, Hasshein. Yhwach will automatically adapts to changes in "poison"; as long as the base of the poison remains the same, any surface layer changes will cause Yhwach's immunity to adjust in turn, rendering the poison ineffective),

Resistance though. The Vex took centuries figuring out how to cut him off from his Light, and that's normally something they can do without too much issue.

He's a robot so idk about poison. Low Godly covers it anyways.

He resists absorbtion, and doing the physical way on a dude who can just throw up a shield of void at a moment's notice doesn't seem like the best idea.

Also he's gotta find the Ghost first. Those things can spawn you in a totally different location than where you died, if needed.

There is like 5 different forms of absoprtion ( Saint 14 has no citation on any of them) and he doesn't have to do it physically. Just spread his darkness and everything will be engulfed by it.

He won't have to find it since it's near the guardian, there is also the fact Saint-14 won't see Yhwach or anything he does via his spiritual invisibility.

Why's the darkness not erased though? Also, what even constitutes 5 types of absorption?

Guardians can see souls though. Whenever you kill a fallen, Hive Gods, Thorn letting you consume other people's souls, etc.

It also sorta isn't. Ghosts aren't on Guardians unless summoned, otherwise anyone who got shot with a rocket launcher or boomer would be permakilled. You're freely capable of respawning elsewhere.

Seeing souls doesn't mean you can see invisible spirits.

Biological absorption, soul absorption, power absorption, and energy absorption. I don't see why Yhwach can't just break dwon the dome with his matter manipulation or just absorb it since it's still energy.

Wokistan said:
Resistance though. The Vex took centuries figuring out how to cut him off from his Light, and that's normally something they can do without too much issue.
He's a robot so idk about poison. Low Godly covers it anyways.
But if he is using weapons that aren't his own power - why would they have his resistance?

And it's not really poison per say - it's that he can make anything he consumes poisonous.

He resists his own powers because the powers he uses are also used by a lot of other people. Void and law are abilities almost everyone has, so he just has a resistance for regular reasons.

That's fine and all but a robot isn't really something exactly predisposed to being poisoned in the first place.

What even differentiates souls and spirits though? I could probably find an example of the specific term spirit, if you really wanted.

Biological: Low-Godly.

Soul: Doesn't have one.

Power: Resisted.

Energy: Also resisted.

Because I don't think a void really has molecules. Also that even if he did absorb the void, that would probably just kill him. Doesn't seem like a very good idea.

He can definitely kill the ghost if he gets to it. Those things can be shot, after all. The getting to it is the issue.

Wokistan said:
He resists his own powers because the powers he uses are also used by a lot of other people. Void and law are abilities almost everyone has, so he just has a resistance for regular reasons.
I'm not asking about Saint-14's resistance to power null.

I am asking, since Saint-14 uses weapons with certain abilities, can't those weapons' abilities be nulled?

It's a wiki thing, because all spirits aren't assumed to be invisible. Hell as far as I can tell he can't even touch Yhwach via his non-corporeal. I honestly see no differenece here compared to Yhwach vs Ikora outside of 14 being a stronger guardian.

Unless the ghost is in another dimension or something it shouldn't be an issue, they're just cloaked.

The guns he'd have by default are legit just regular guns though. Perfect Paradox is just an automatic shotgun and since Pachi's still being vague I'm gonna assume it's just a regular elemental weapon and a regular heavy. They don't get nulled by most of the null stuff in the game anyways. He empowers his weapons with the Light he wields, but the Light is not solely his thing.

Pretty sure being able to interact with literal nothingness fits the bill for NPI. Also how his Light was able to cut a hole in the rather noncorporeal idea of time.

It doesn't seem to be physically there, at all. Transmats away. If it was just cloaked you could kill Guardians just with a really big bomb and Stormcallers/Zhalo/Riskrunner, which doesn't make very much sense since none of those 3 are things infamous for permakilling GUardians.

@Wokista Then I don't think Yhwach could really do anything to win - and EE would be enough to kill Yhwach.

There's only one possibility I can think that would make this an inconclusive.

@Sigurd Snake in The Eye

Does "The Yourself" also give the user the resistances as well?

Like I said, Yhwach can possibly beat him just the normal way, since you can beat Low Godly by wacking the ghost. He just has to find it. Does he not have regular combat feats or something

Guardians never kill other Guardians with their abilities which invoke and control the same elements they use against their enemies. We have no idea where the Ghosts are when they transmat away, but it's clear that they are nowhere on their person during that time at least.

Wokistan said:
Like I said, Yhwach can possibly beat him just the normal way, since you can beat Low Godly by wacking the ghost. He just has to find it. Does he not have regular combat feats or something
Is that a thing?

I was pretty sure you can just knock out someone with that kind of regen with just AP.

He does. But who has the AP advantage?

That being said, if Saint-14 was killed or significantly injured the Ghost would show itself do the Regenerationn/resurrection as needed. He can resurrect Saint-14 away from Yhwach, but if Yhwach finds it then he can kill the Ghost.

You really need to add these abilites tbh, but I agree with NPI nonetheless if that's the case.

People have legit walked up to guardians and their ghost and just shotgunned them. If they were away in some far off land this wouldn't really happend honestly. Ghost also don't really much going for them when it comes to durability so Yhwach would prob crush the ghost idk.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
Warren Valion said:
@Sigurd Snake in The Eye

Does "The Yourself" also give the user the resistances as well?
I do not think so, Death dealing does though.
I mean it give the appearances, memories, and powers of the person being copied - why not that person's resistances?

I don't Death Dealing or the Compulsory would help - since Void energy would just probably erase Yhwach before he can gain an immunity.

Yeah I think we just sorta forgot NPI was a thing. Make a thread real quick.

The Ghost is a repository for his Light, but it's a physical object. If you break it, he can't rez anymore. KOing happens due to brain damage and as such idek if you can do it to a robot.

Ghosts should be as durable as the Guardian is, but yeah there was the time that Felwinter exploded one with a shotgun. This was really early installment Guardians though, before they were even called Guardians. Later guardians show that their ghosts aren't always just physically on them.

That specific instance happened during the Dark Age when Guardians were referred to as Risen and had nowhere near a grasp on the abilities they do in the current City Age. This is heavily implied by the Drifter being known as a Rouge Lightbearer who had no specific class because they didn't exist when he was resurrected and he doesn't want one currently either.

Furthermore, as of Season of the Drifter, there was a narrative preview where it was noted that the bullet that killed Cayde's Ghost was an ontological bullet similar to those fired from Thorn. Drifter seemed to imply that this kind of weaponry is needed to kill a Guardian, but we haven't really heard much about it since.

Basically, I think that current Guardians have much more refined methods of keeping their Ghosts safe than what was used back when they first got rezzed.

Cayde specifically summoned his Ghost to heal himself and that's when the Rifleman took the shot. Until that happened, the Ghost was in no danger.

They're not. Ghosts have never been killed by anything that wouldn't kill a Guardian. And if Ghosts were so fragile than why would they be active on the field during fire fights like when they need to hack something while getting shot at? This has already been discussed in multiple other matches too.

Well to answer the question from earlier, Guardians don't start with their Ghosts out during combat normally. They only pull them out to analyze themselves or get resurrected.

But Acausality type 4.

Hasnt Saint 14 fought anyone who can teleport?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back