• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Mental Resistance thing

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
It's sort of related to the last one I made, but it's not about the potency. The Narutoverse and Touhou's mental resistances are scaled to planetary because of the fact that some individuals can be unaffected by the moon while everyone else is (yes, both are the moon). Keep in mind how we treat mind hax potency here. The amount of people that something can control at once justifies the potency, as it's like focusing the mindhax of billions of people at once. However, in these cases, the mindhax isn't being focused at one person, even though they're being attempted to be mind haxxed. The mindhax is spread thin because it's being used on every other individual on the planet. So while they do keep their resistance to mindhax, the resistance should be nowhere near planetary.

It's probably best to use an example. Sasuke can resist the Infinite Tsukoyomi when it was cast on the moon. This is used to justify his mental resistance, which makes sense. However, it's assumed to be planetary, because it affected everyone on the planet. That's exactly why it shouldn't be planetary mindhax resistance for Sasuke, because he was only taking 1/(insert amount of individuals on the planet)th of the technique.

Also, Kratos's feat with the River Lethe may or may not fall under this. Idk.

Makes sense.

Kratos' mind resistance was already downgraded for that reason iirc

This assumes that every mindhax user can and will concentrate all of their mindhax potency into a single person to make it stronger, doesn't it? That's a problem I always had with number of people mindhaxxed = potency.

So... if person A mind haxed an entire planet, then mind haxed person B, who resisted the mind hax, person B gets planetary resistance.

But if person A mind haxed an entire planet with person B among them, he doesn't get planetary resistance regardless of whether he resists the mind hax or not.

Did I get it right?

But the logic behind it is exactly the same.

"If you can exert that much energy why you would be unable to do so when focusing it" vs "If you can mind hax this amount of people why you would lose the potency when mind haxing one"

I suppose that this seems to make sense.

That actualy sounds reasonable if you have proof for your statement,i mean,why do you think that the power of mind hax divides depending on quantity of people?Mind hax is not AP.I am neutral on this if every verse follows the same logic,let's see what Kep thinks about it.

Just to say hello;) also, I am ..... agree with this but it leads me to a conclusion:

• RIP Stars wars Mindhax?
  • RIP Tsukuyomi lolMind Planetary?
EDIT: Sasuke should not even have resistance, The tsukuyomi does not reach because the light is blocked by susanoo , it has nothing to do with resistance

Star Wars keeps its mindhax OPness. Everyone who resists it resists when it's being focused on them.

Tsukoyomi would stay useful as long as someone doesn't try to spread it over a large population. Otherwise, it's your everyday mindhax.

Hmm, I see, so this should downscale Samus' mind manip resistance (At least for pre-Legendary Suit)

@DodoNova2

Sasuke's rinnegan is the key factor,it blockes IT,Zetsu noted.

So,we just need feats where characters resist those planetary or galaxy lvl mind hax 1 on 1?Sounds a bit iffy but i still agree.

So,now i am curious,what lvl of mind hax resistance should have Naruto characters and Touhou characters?

I agree and disagree. I agree with number of people affected does not mean that one person recieved an entire planetary mind hax but I disagree with the Moon amplifying Madara's mind hax when all it did was amplify its range.

Another thing. This time about passive mindhax. Now, im not downgrading the potency. But because it's passive, they're not channeling it into one person, and instead, putting it over the area, which if you think about it, means hat the opponent will only have to deal with mindhax of a potency of one until they focus it into one person.

To clarify, take the iconic Nihilus. Because his mindhax is passive, he's not like say, Luke, who uses his potency on one person. He uses it on every person on the planet at once, making it "diluted".

That's actually wrong, Nihilus has passively affected multiple people and has bypassed standard Jedi Knight Mental resistance as shown by Visas Marr

Alright, bad example. Then Death Phantom.

Though, passively affecting multiple people is my point. That mind hax doesn't get sent into one person, because it's spread out passively. Of course, if he affected other Jedi, then rip (however, how's Visas Marr's resistance?)

Visas Marr is only in the thousands and that's lowballing as they're fodder, so it's not as impressive admittedly.

That said I do agree, unless they have feats of overpowering other Mind resistance it shouldn't be treated as if they do.

Well, I'm just gonna bring it up here instead of making a CRT

Does the InFAMOUS verse still keep it's mindhax resistance?

It currently get its resistance from scaling to Sasha, who's ability is to secrete an organic "tar" that causes those who come in contact with it to become enthralled into her telepathic hive mind and turn them into her slaves. This is how she keeps her gang of Reapers loyal, and they are usually depicted as being the size of a small army.

Later on, Sasha was captured and her tar was extracted and turned into a gas, which was used by the First Sons, who sprayed the gas all over Empire City via balloons. The gas affected basically everyone in the city and sent them into a murderous frenzy, everyone except Cole MacGrath, who was able to fight off the effects of the gas.

Now, I know this falls under the whole spread out mind hax, but Cole could also withstand a non spread out mind attack from Sasha when he took a blast of tar to the face and Sasha tried to take control of his mind.

Pretty sure Cole keeps it, considering he gets splashed in the face with that good ol mindhax and is kinda just like "eh?"

Meanwhile Madara vs Cole is now invalid because it isn't in character for Madara to focus IT on a single person, although it was his lifelong goal to mindhax the entire planet.

so

yay

I don't think so. She's just adding another mind into her massive army she hardly has to put any effort into mantaining.

Of course then Cole kinda resisted.

I talked about this with Kal.

Mindhaxing multiple people over time is still countable as long as you are simultaneously controlling all of them.

@Gar

Hey man, I'm just trying to be maintain fairness.

@DMUA

Well that, and from what we see in the game, after being turned into Reapers, most people seem to lose their free will, and become an extension of Sasha's will. Even after Sasha was taken out and drained by the First Sons, the Reapers still operated under Sasha's orders.

Back