• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another Final Fantasy V CRT?

This is mostly for Exdeath and Gilgamesh

lets start with something that was agreed to be added but never did from the previous thread: Acausality type 2 for Neo Exdeath and Void Enuo via becoming one with the void, and the void is stated to have no past, present, or future inside it

Exdeath needs shapeshifting via turning into a splinter

Neo Exdeath and Void Enuo should possibly have the powers of the crystals since it was stated the void was the thing that created them and also creation

Gilgamesh needs resistance to void manipulation since he was unaffected by Exdeath banishing him to the void

Gilgamesh also needs BFR via banish

Later I'll add a big list of resistances for the Gilgamesh in this

Exdeath needs resistance to BFR, Death, Petrification, transmutation, size, poison, and sleep manipulation since these spells have no affect on him

Gilgamesh needs resistance to BFR, Death, Petrification, transmutation, size, and sleep manipulation since these spells have no affect on him too

Regarding Acausality, I asked Ever and others and they all agreed, so it can be added with no issue.

ExDeath's Shapeshifting and Gil's BFR are pretty reasonable as well.

Can't really speak for the power of the crystals yet, but it sounds plausible? I guess. Would have to check out myself.

AFAIK a boss simply being unaffected in-game by a spell isn't cosidered enough to be added as a resistance. Don't know if that rule has changed, but it needs some sort of tie with the lore (which I am pretty sure won't be hard to find in the game).

This is a genuine question due how shaky my memory is regarding V, but what is the relationship betwen the Rift and the Void? IIRC ExDeath sends Gilgamesh to the Rift, though Gil does end up going through the Void by himself as he travelled so the Resistance seems pretty legit. Do the conditions of the Void extend to the Rift? And also, do Bartz and co have Resistance to Void Manipulation added due to the events of the game?

I agree with most of Tarta's statements here. Exdeath resisting all of those spells is pretty 50/50 for me. He's the big bad and all that, so it'd definitely make more sense than a random boss. He was pretty confident going into that battle as well, so it wouldn't contradict any showings or statements from what I've seen. However, I do agree that more sufficient proof should be provided in this case, most definitely could be a "possible" resistance in my eyes.

What Tarta accepted can probably be added.

Is somebody willing to perform the changes?

I've added most of the accepted changes, but there are still a small bit of things I want to clarify first.

@Tarta Sorry for not answering earlier, but yes, Bartz and Co. do have Resistance to Void Manipulation on their pages.

Anyway, I'd like to ask for some clarification on what exactly should be added due to having the powers of the Crystals. Obviously, it'd be Elemental Manipulation (Wind, Water, Flame, and Earth. The Crystals are the very essences of these elements and have complete control over them), Life Manipulation (The Crystals together create and sustain life. If their power was to reach its limits, life on Earth would end), and Sealing (The Crystals have been used to seal opponents before, such as when the Warriors of Dawn sealed Exdeath within the Earth). Other than that though? Not too sure myself. (The scene where the Crystals are stated to come from the void can be seen here)

@Ant: My bad, you're right Transformation is more appropiate given the more limited nature. =P

@Sixo: Ah, gotcha. Was just making sure, since it would be weird for them to lack it.

I too would like to know what would controlling the Crystals translate into in terms of abilities.

Say, does the Rift share the Void's brutal conditions? This is pretty relevant because many characters across the franchise have access to the Banish spell, so if the Rift also has the Void Manipulation properties of the Void itself the should be noted in their profiles.

Back