• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Another DBZ upgrade, this time for Yajirobe

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was already unlocked. Tell us here when you are done.

But I think that only a "higher" rating was accepted, not Planet level.

The Connie example actually has a tier come from a magic sword far above her own capabilities, but Yajirobe just uses a regular katana where most of its power just comes from his own Ki.

The Connie example actually has a tier come from a magic sword far above her own capabilities, but Yajirobe just uses a regular katana where most of its power just comes from his own Ki.
It doesn't matter where it comes from, she still has 7-A AP with Rose's Sword so that should scale to her Striking Strength as well

Last edited:
Actually, there are going to be some general guidelines for weapon power scaling. But 95% of the time, weapons aren't really allowed to be in a powerscaling chain with some exceptions. Those exceptions are swords/guns with supernatural properties or made of bizarrely named fictional metal such as Adamantium and it's various knock offs. But for regular weapons, this is how it works. Firearms such as lead bullets and man made explosives scale from their own calcs, destruction feats, and/or scientific properties and nothing beyond that. But PIS is common it will be noted. And melee weapons or other weapons people put muscle into such as swords, lances, hammers, javelins, axes, bows and arrows are assumed the tier comes from the wielder and not the weapon.

I cannot comment on the Steven Universe examples since I do not know that verse, but I hear it's the former and similar to Link's Master Sword and what not; magic weapons and holy weapons. But Yajirobe's example is definitely the latter and just a regular sword enhanced by his Ki.

Is somebody willing to correct the current tiering for the profile page to what was accepted here please?

Reactions: Rez
Actually, there are going to be some general guidelines for weapon power scaling. But 95% of the time, weapons aren't really allowed to be in a powerscaling chain with some exceptions. Those exceptions are swords/guns with supernatural properties or made of bizarrely named fictional metal such as Adamantium and it's various knock offs. But for regular weapons, this is how it works. Firearms such as lead bullets and man made explosives scale from their own calcs, destruction feats, and/or scientific properties and nothing beyond that. But PIS is common it will be noted. And melee weapons or other weapons people put muscle into such as swords, lances, hammers, javelins, axes, bows and arrows are assumed the tier comes from the wielder and not the weapon.

I cannot comment on the Steven Universe examples since I do not know that verse, but I hear it's the former and similar to Link's Master Sword and what not; magic weapons and holy weapons. But Yajirobe's example is definitely the latter and just a regular sword enhanced by his Ki.
In a MU against Yajirobe would it be assumed that his katana is planetary level. Or do we just assume it's an unquanitfiable amp aka "higher"

What are you trying to say? That yajirobe is 5-B or that this is an outlier or something?

Yajirobe having higher via his Katana is fine via slashing damage, but I do not think he should downscale from Vegeta for consistency reasons. So I do not think Yajirobe should have the 5-B rating at all.

Yajirobe having higher via his Katana is fine via slashing damage, but I do not think he should downscale from Vegeta for consistency reasons. So I do not think Yajirobe should have the 5-B rating at all.
I don't know man, his armor being 5-B is pretty blatant, and a higher rating means he's still moon level, those two don't go together, that's what I think, anyway whatever, you guys do what you want as long as the thing has been applied, then this thread is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back