• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

annoying dog revisions

this profile smelly af ngl🤢
when does he use that ability
Age Manipulation (Aged everything in the Dog Shrine massively, so much so that he fossilized a boom box), Mind Manipulation (Can play music that can psychologically affect people and their desires), Spatial Manipulation (Made a pocket dimension under Papyrus’s sink merely to troll Frisk)
link the scans holy shit
he lives in the same world as all the other characters, this make no sense
At least Universe level+ (Vastly superior to the likes of Asriel as he's nothing but mere fiction from Annoying Dog's perspective.
why would asriel be fictional to the dog, again he lives in the same world that asriel and the other characters do, he just created it, that's all

also the dog probably created deltarune too which has 3 timelines (save files) in it which means he created 4 universes total (more than that since undertale definitely has more than one universe but I'm not here to argue about that), so he should probably be 2-C lol
the dog creating the world in undertale was also treated as him just having created a game, so you can't argue against it by saying the dog was only making a game in his deltarune appearance
also should probably give him dimensional travel for being able to appear in both undertale and deltarune's worlds lol
Omnipresent (Exists in all places.
what suggests this? I guess maybe the little easter eggs where he appears in the background of the alphys date and when the snow on top of frisk's head is in his shape and when he appears in random other places he probably shouldn't appear, but that doesn't feel like actual omnipresence to me, just more reality warping
Even when a file has been corrupted and reality no longer exists, the Annoying Dog will still be there, either sleeping or walking around in an empty void, entirely intact.
why does the dog get an in-universe canonical feat from a feckin save file being corrupted lmao, and why the hell is that in his speed section as further justification for omnipresence instead of his durability section?
At least Universe level+ (Completely immune to all adverse effects on reality, and will even continue existing if nothing else does.
what suggests this in-game?
Cannot be removed from the game's files/existence)
why does that count towards his in-universe canonical durability
Unknown (Though he initially appears to have the mind of a normal dog, the Hard Mode ending reveals he is indeed sapient, as well as very possibly omniscient)
don't give the dog a canonical feat from the ending where toriel can shrug off a fatal blow from frisk and just go make a pie lmao
  • Steal Special Attack: The Annoying Dog steals its opponent's attack/technique, rendering them unable to use it. It used this against Papyrus due to his special attack looking far too delicious to resist.
shouldn't that give him power nullification?
  • Sleep: The dog falls asleep.
why is this here

Last edited:
Making Deltarune over time could make the feat inapplicable, same with UT's AG making UT with text-to-speech as that's what it would take to make the game with text-to-speech. Yes doing so by barking could make it sound casual, but it can also be taken as incredibly coincidental and thereby funny, w/o having to be casual and it taking time being what makes it so ridiculous and part of the joke. But how much time does it take for tier 2 feats to be inapplicable is very unclear.

It also has no reason to scale physically.

Making Deltarune over time could make the feat inapplicable, same with UT's AG making UT with text-to-speech as that's what it would take to make the game with text-to-speech.
by the time we get to see the dog in deltarune he's already made three universes within deltarune
irl it took like a couple years to make undertale and longer to make deltarune('s demo) I'm pretty sure, in-universe tho we don't know how long it took for either game

the way it describes how the dog made undertale in-game makes it sound like it took like a few seconds rather than two years of continuously barking at a computer, if it really was two years of continuous barking then I don't think it could be called accidental at that point, as for deltarune it's unclear tho

the way it describes how the dog made undertale in-game makes it sound like it took like a few seconds rather than two years of continuously barking at a computer
This has no basis, less so as Frisk was getting some pretty on point info by seeing things.
if it really was two years of continuous barking then I don't think it could be called accidental at that point
That's the joke, the dog's so larger than life that Toby planned on making a reference to him where it's implied that he can eat foes' action icons in battle so that they can't do anything for the rest of their lives.

This has no basis,
I don't feel like I should have to elaborate about something like this nor can I think of a good way to explain my basis but whatever I'll try
the line in question: "By barking with text-to-speech on, the dog accidentally programmed a whole game."

the way it says 'by barking with tts on' kinda sounds like the dog barked once if anything, like a few times at most, I honest to god cannot think of a way to elaborate further on this using words, you'll have to piece it all together why I think this yourself lol

as I said, if the dog had made the game in a comparable time to the real toby fox making undertale, it makes no sense for it to be accidental as it's said to be in this line
the dog has to realize what's going on after like, maybe a half-hour of barking code into gamemaker studio let alone multiple years, if the dog made the game by barking for a few seconds or so then it being accidental would be a lot more believable by the standards of believability in undertale

there are just multiple things that make me think the dog creating undertale's world in-universe took a very short time and there is nothing that makes me think it took a long time
less so as Frisk was getting some pretty on point info by seeing things.
how does bringing that up help your point?
I'm guessing you're backhandedly saying we shouldn't trust what the thingy says about the dog's creation of the game since frisk is getting the information just from looking at it, but I mean they're consistently able to accurately gauge the strength of their opponents with just a glance and according to their profile they can "incredibly accurately analyze the emotional state" of their opponents as well although I can't think of any actual examples of that

either way, text like this in the game is probably more just toby trying to tell us stuff he wants us to know, not just frisk's observations as a character if you get what I mean, you're probably gonna do the "no basis"/"headcanon" or something else thingy again, whatever

why are you bringing this up if it's not that
what are you even trying to say here

Last edited:
What do you think should be done with the Annoying Dog profile page Eficiente?

I like the idea of deleting it and making a new one based on what we agree on from 0.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until you have a replacement version ready in that case? You can create a sandbox draft if you wish.

Wouldn't it be better to wait until you have a replacement version ready in that case? You can create a sandbox draft if you wish.
@Eficiente

Would you be willing to write a draft for a new version to replace the current AD page with?

"
[[File:Annoying Dog.gif|right|300px]]

==Summary==
'''The Annoying Dog''' is a mischievous entity that appears to be a rular dog at first. Little is known about him, it appears to have created reality by barking into a text-to-speech device and converting it to the game's coding. While the Annoying Dog almost never interferes with major events, it will often show up to either steal something or just be a general nuisance. Despite rarely speaking, the dog seems fully sapient as well as aware of the fact that it is the creator of the world.

==Powers and Stats==
'''[[Tiering System|Tier]]:''' '''Unknown''' physically, '''Low 2-C''' with his powers

'''Name:''' Annoying Dog

'''Origin:''' [[Undertale]]

'''Gender:''' Male

'''Age:''' Unknown (Created the game but doesn't necessarily predate all of time, as he could have created the past without having experienced it)

'''Classification:''' Either a dog or a dog-like monster

'''Powers and Abilities:''' [[Superhuman Physical Characteristics]], [[Toon Force]], [[4th Wall Awareness]], , [[Acausality]] (Type 1. Opens his door after [[Frisk]] passes their test, which remains open even after a LOAD is performed), [[Subjective Reality]] and [[Reality Warping]] ([
Code:
<nowiki>https://youtu.be/Qo67xpgCTXQ?t=202</nowiki>
Accidentally programmed "a whole game" by barking with text-to-speech] and [
Code:
<nowiki>https://youtu.be/Qo67xpgCTXQ?t=164</nowiki>
can't be fought because "the fabric" he was sleeping on had "too many holes in it", narration claiming that it seemed like the dog needed to "patch" it to maybe be fought], implying this fabric to be akin to reality and the dog to have created Undertale as a game), [[Spatial Manipulation|Space]]-[[Time Manipulation]], [[Creation]]

'''[[Attack Potency]]:''' '''Unknown''' physically, '''Universe level+''' with his powers ([
Code:
<nowiki>https://youtu.be/Qo67xpgCTXQ?t=202</nowiki>
Accidentally programmed "a whole game" by barking with text-to-speech] and [
Code:
<nowiki>https://youtu.be/Qo67xpgCTXQ?t=164</nowiki>
can't be fought because "the fabric" he was sleeping on had "too many holes in it", narration claiming that it seemed like the dog needed to "patch" it to maybe be fought], implying this fabric to be akin to reality and the dog to have created ''Undertale'' as a game, which contains a timeline [[Flowey|other]] [[Chara|characters]] aimed to destroy. [[Deltarune]] is implied to have its own version of the character, whose creating game in a computer but isn't finished yet, a presumed reference to how Deltarune only came as its first chapter. Undertale's Annoying Dog is likewise likely to need the computer seen in his room to affect reality)

'''[[Speed]]:''' '''Unknown'''

'''[[Lifting Strength]]:''' '''Unknown'''

'''[[Striking Strength]]:''' '''Unknown'''

'''[[Durability]]:''' '''Unknown'''

'''[[Stamina]]:''' Unknown

'''[[Range]]:''' Below melee range, Universal+ via powers

'''[[Standard Equipment]]:''' None

'''[[Intelligence]]:''' Unknown. Though he initially appears to have the mind of a normal dog, the Hard Mode ending reveals he is indeed sapient. Accidentally programmed the game and may or may not be aware of the events seen of that reality as the narrative played portrays it.

'''Weaknesses:''' None notable

==Gallery==
[[File:Undertale OST 021 - Dogsong|center|335px]]

==Others==
'''Notable Victories:'''

'''Notable Losses:'''

'''Inconclusive Matches:'''

Well, I was thinking of the wiki sandbox format, but I suppose that it seems fine to me.

What do the rest of you think?

• the dog should at least get a "possibly 2-C", he is heavily implied to have created a verse that already has three separate space-time continuums in it whether most of the playable parts are finished or not, you can't just slip that in the AP parenthesis and not do anything with it lol
  • nothing suggests that the dog is a monster, it's not a regular dog either though
  • speed could be "unknown, possibly average human", the dog can move about as fast as overworld frisk from what we see lol
  • nothing implies the dog is physically superhuman
  • a "physically" key seems pretty useless to me, it honestly feels like it's just there to make the dog seem weaker than he is
  • i still would like to see the scene where the dog uses spatial manipulation, and the finished product should have scans linked for all the non-obvious parts and in the AP parenthesis
  • the dog explicitly absorbs the ball thing and clips through the wall in the legendary artifact room, why are absorption and intangibility not there
  • where does subjective reality come from
  • the age part is dumb and baseless, but who cares how old the dog is anyway

Last edited:
I didn't put it into a Sandbox because I know this will be a short thread and I didn't want to have the responsibility of update it, I missed some powers I know he has but that there was no linked evidence of, and I didn't want to be the one looking for it.
  • the dog should at least get a "possibly 2-C", he is heavily implied to have created a verse that already has three separate space-time continuums in it whether most of the playable parts are finished or not, you can't just slip that in the AP parenthesis and not do anything with it lol
Not "heavily implied", as far as we know that is its own Annoying Dog. If a character in a game created the game then another version of it who did the same is still another version.
  • nothing suggests that the dog is a monster, it's not a regular dog either though
He lives in the Underground, where monsters live, he's in an area with a lot of dogs, and no one question the being as being odd or anything, thereby he could be a monster. He also looks like a dog and is called a dog, thereby he could be a dog.
  • speed could be "unknown, possibly average human", the dog can move about as fast as overworld frisk from what we see lol
Yes.
  • nothing implies the dog is physically superhuman
That's correct.
  • a "physically" key seems pretty useless to me, it honestly feels like it's just there to make the dog seem weaker than he is
Just adding in the tiers of someone whose powerful with powers is misleading, if they were to be in a context where their physically then people need to know what about it. Nor are we making him seem weaker than he is if we can't prove he's stronger.
  • where does subjective reality come from
Making something common that then or somehow becomes reality is that power. It can be thinking, drawing, writing, and in this case something like it.
  • the age part is dumb and baseless, but who cares how old the dog is anyway
We need to write it.

i still would like to see the scene where the dog uses spatial manipulation
Not "heavily implied", as far as we know that is its own Annoying Dog. If a character in a game created the game then another version of it who did the same is still another version.
I myself feel like an exception should be made for the in-game representation of the dude who made both games, I've probably got some more reason to think that somewhere in my brain that I can't put into words or something, that is a recurring problem I really need to work on somehow
even if we don't know for sure, that's what a "possibly" key is for, right? that's what the word is for everywhere else, when something could be the case but you're not certain, nothing truly denies it
if it is a different version of the dog, then the profile should have a 2-C key for the deltarune version lol
Making something common that then or somehow becomes reality is that power. It can be thinking, drawing, writing, and in this case something like it.
that should be put in parenthesis next to it, "subjective reality (turned a video game he created into reality)" or something

Last edited:
I myself feel like an exception should be made for the in-game representation of the dude who made both games
No, no, we have the idea/headcanon that the dog is "a representation of Toby Fox", but the being may not be that and simply share the fact that it made each game, being a less exact "representation" like that and no reason to be the same in both games and have made them both like the real Toby Fox. Both games have alt. versions of all characters, the dog needs special treatment for us to claim this doesn't apply to him, we would as well be claiming that he can survive Chara destroying the game and they claiming that there was nothing left was a lie, or that maybe the dog went away just in time.
I've probably got some more reason to think that somewhere in my brain that I can't put into words or something, that is a recurring problem I really need to work on somehow
even if we don't know for sure, that's what a "possibly" key is for, right? that's what the word is for everywhere else, when something could be the case but you're not certain, nothing truly denies it
if it is a different version of the dog, then the profile should have a 2-C key for the deltarune version lol
Well, not at all. The first quote had a reason replied to, the rest here is dogmatism if we were to add the tier and not even know the reasons ourselves.

Well, given how it's no exaggeration to call that page a joke, it should be deleted, and then people can come here and work out a new profile based on that comment I made above and whatever we agree on. It seems like we go in slowly on this, and that's no reason to leave the profile as it is.

The Undertale verse page can still have it.

The site rules has it here: "
  • Preferably avoid creating any supposedly "all-powerful" 4th wall-breaking real life author avatar characters, or author avatars in general. Before doing so, please read our Reality - Fiction Interaction guidelines, and try to evaluate if the character in question is significant within its story. Meaningless 4th wall breaking, and winks at the audience, do not equate tier 0 in any way, shape, or form, and can potentially open doors for new members to start looking at real life humans as an "omnipotent species" that can fight with ideas, words, and pictures. Exceptions have been made for Andrew Hussie, the Annoying Dog, and "The Writer" of DC Comics. The former was not played as an invincible character within Homestuck, whereas the second was not a true author avatar, just a joke character. Finally, the third has been established as an inseparable part of Grant Morrison's DC cosmology, and is ranked at Tier 0, not for being an author avatar, but for its established role in comparison to everything else within the franchise. Nevertheless, it is very unwise to allow too many explicit author avatars, as they severely blur the line between fiction and reality."
And it should be removed. The rest I can take care of.

I have deleted the Annoying Dog page and updated our editing rules page.

Back