• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animation Hot Takes

But yeah. There's been a lot of great DB episodes, even if they were inaccurate.
I honestly have no ***** to give about the result. If the analysis is entertaining and informative, it's a great analysis. If a conclusion has a good explanation, it's a great conclusion. If a fight is entertaining and logical, it's a great fight. I don't care if the result has Caillou beat Goku, if the animation contains a great analysis, conclusion, and fight than it's a 10/10.

I honestly have no ***** to give about the result. If the analysis is entertaining and informative, it's a great analysis. If a conclusion has a good explanation, it's a great conclusion. If a fight is entertaining and logical, it's a great fight. I don't care if the result has Caillou beat Goku, if the animation contains a great analysis, conclusion, and fight than it's a 10/10.
W

ALICE VS SASORI

ALICE VS SASORI
Well I mean this isn't Death Battle as OMM dissolved from ScrewAttack before the making of that upload. I do understand why you consider this in that category even if it's different. Because it's a great fight with an unexpected winner. The difference is OMM's gimmick is that no research is put into it. They don't make the animation with the goal of getting the correct winner but rather to entertain audiences with great voice acting, fluid movement/animation, and great choreography.

Well I mean this isn't Death Battle as OMM dissolved from ScrewAttack before the making of that upload. I do understand why you consider this in that category even if it's different. Because it's a great fight with an unexpected winner. The difference is OMM's gimmick is that no research is put into it. They don't make the animation with the goal of getting the correct winner but rather to entertain audiences with great voice acting, fluid movement/animation, and great choreography.
And they fail on this one, as Sasori vs Alice ended in major complaints and backlash due of the outcome

And they fail on this one, as Sasori vs Alice ended in major complaints and backlash due of the outcome
It didn't help it was released at the time where High 1-C to 1-A 2hu was quite popular and prevalent in the Vs community before the "debunks" occurred and most 2hu characters went down to tier 6/4 for awhile before the slow re-upgrades (that are still happening iirc).
The fans just need to cope ngl.
No research, peeps keep forgetting that tbh.

1. Legend of Korra is pretty good, despite its flaws.

2. Kill La Kill > Cyperpunk: Edgerunners.

3. Uncle Grandpa is unironically a funny show, and it's crossover with Steven Universe was really good.

4. After rewatching both shows, Amphibia and Owl House are a 7.5/10 at best, but Amphibia is the slightly better show. Both are overrated/overhyped regardless.

5. 4KIDS! gets too much hate, and they honestly paved the way for anime to become popular in America.

6. A good majority of shows that have large fanbases, or shows that are considered "mainstream" are overrated asf.

This Cartoon Network Mount Rushmore is objectively false:

0fphz26c19m81.jpg

1. Legend of Korra is pretty good, despite its flaws.

2. Kill La Kill > Cyperpunk: Edgerunners.

3. Uncle Grandpa is unironically a funny show, and it's crossover with Steven Universe was really good.

4. After rewatching both shows, Amphibia and Owl House are a 7.5/10 at best, but Amphibia is the slightly better show. Both are overrated/overhyped regardless.

5. 4KIDS! gets too much hate, and they honestly paved the way for anime to become popular in America.

6. A good majority of shows that have large fanbases, or shows that are considered "mainstream" are overrated asf.

This Cartoon Network Mount Rushmore is objectively false:

0fphz26c19m81.jpg
PPG, Ben 10, Regular Show, We Baby Bears
1 from the 90's (pioneer era)
1 from the 2000's (golden era)
1 from the 2010's (big 4 era)
1 from the 2020's (modern era)

The Rushmore is all about being iconic. I doubt anything to ever air in the 2000's - 2019 era will ever be as iconic to us as new stuff will be iconic to younger children.

PPG, Ben 10, Regular Show, We Baby Bears
1 from the 90's (pioneer era)
1 from the 2000's (golden era)
1 from the 2010's (big 4 era)
1 from the 2020's (modern era)

The Rushmore is all about being iconic. I doubt anything to ever air in the 2000's - 2019 era will ever be as iconic to us as new stuff will be iconic to younger children.
Being iconic plays a part in it, too, but you also got to argue quality as well.

PPG, Ben 10, and Regular Show are all solid picks, but We Baby Bears is not iconic, and very little people talk about it.

The ben 10 and ppg reboots are trash though

Being iconic plays a part in it, too, but you also got to argue quality as well.

PPG, Ben 10, and Regular Show are all solid picks, but We Baby Bears is not iconic, and very little people talk about it.
1. We Bare Bears as a series is iconic and it's sequel is quite popular. Maybe you'd hear more about if you actually talked to people who are the target audience. Ofc you not gonna hear about it who's gonna talk about it? Your little cousin? Niece? Hell no. You're gonna usually be talking to people around your age group and they will not be talking about We Baby Bears. It's not iconic now but that's obvious, it came out in 2021. Give it some time.

1. We Bare Bears as a series is iconic and it's sequel is quite popular. Maybe you'd hear more about if you actually talked to people who are the target audience. Ofc you not gonna hear about it who's gonna talk about it? Your little cousin? Niece? Hell no. You're gonna usually be talking to people around your age group and they will not be talking about We Baby Bears. It's not iconic now but that's obvious, it came out in 2021. Give it some time.
I wouldn't really consider We Bare Bears an "iconic" series, especially when you compare it to other CN shows that actually earned that title, but I guess if you're show was able to get a spin off, then I guess I'd be wrong.

Also, as someone who watches a lot yt videos of people just talking about cartoons of all kinds on a daily basis, I can comfortably say that very little of them talk about We Baby Bears.

I wouldn't really consider We Bare Bears an "iconic" series, especially when you compare it to other CN shows that actually earned that title, but I guess if you're show was able to get a spin off, then I guess I'd be wrong.

Also, as someone who watches a lot yt videos of people just talking about cartoons of all kinds on a daily basis, I can comfortably say that very little of them talk about We Baby Bears.
Memes, the memes hard carried.

And how many of them you expect to talk about a show made for 5-8 year olds? Irrelevant either way, Genndy Tartakovsky's new show is gonna be the replacement for the 2020's because he's the actual G.O.A.T. (no funny shit).

You're fine dude, let's just chill and talk about cartoons again. No need to dog pile someone.

Back