• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Animal Man discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not so much an upgrade thread, but something for discussion. https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Animal_Man_(Post-Crisis)#:~:text=Buddy Baker is the Animal,keep balance between the two.
We currently have Animal Man at wall, and the end of the page mentions why he wouldn't be tier 1 from several feats that could suggest such a rating. Several of them are told to be just universal. If so... why do we have wall Buddy at all? If the Lifeweb stretching for an infinite distance would be High 3-A, why do we have him at wall?

Last edited:
Yeah it makes no sense. I want to point out that outerversal Red was argued against in the Animal Man thread but was accepted right after in the Swamp Thing revision.

Here’s the justification written on Swamp Thing

“Absorbed all of the Parliaments, exists as the full embodiment of the Green, a conceptual power equivalent to the Red, a completely nonphysical and transcendental"implicate order" of ideas and imagination from which the "explicate order" of physical reality merely unfolds from. The Red's highest world transcends the limits of the human mind and cannot be charted by three-dimensional maps as it exists outside of space and time.)”

And obviously what’s written on Buddy Bakers wall cannot coexist with Swamp Things outerversal justification. So one of them needs to go.

The latter justification could at best be low 2c lol

Anyway, I agree. One has to be changed. I don't know which one tho, ig we should wait for sandman to get here since he is responsible for both

Yeah it makes no sense. I want to point out that outerversal Red was argued against in the Animal Man thread but was accepted right after in the Swamp Thing revision.

Here’s the justification written on Swamp Thing

“Absorbed all of the Parliaments, exists as the full embodiment of the Green, a conceptual power equivalent to the Red, a completely nonphysical and transcendental"implicate order" of ideas and imagination from which the "explicate order" of physical reality merely unfolds from. The Red's highest world transcends the limits of the human mind and cannot be charted by three-dimensional maps as it exists outside of space and time.)”

And obviously what’s written on Buddy Bakers wall cannot coexist with Swamp Things outerversal justification. So one of them needs to go.
The best part,
It's partially wrong. Swamp Thing doesn't become "the full embodiment of the Green". He achieves unity with the World, to the point he's one with every individual mind. As the active champion for the Green, he already was the full embodiment. Specially when he travelled back in time and established the true Green and all subsequent champions and avatars from himself, something that made him realize the nature of time.

He also kills a black lantern B’Wanna Beast
He is took a hit from Byth , who can restrain Hawkwoman
Punches through a mech that Aquaman dealt minimal damage to
Survived a blast from spectre (considering how much he varies in power, may be not an outlier

I am not sure if the black lantern and hawkman stuff can be used here. Mainly cause they aren't herald tier by default. Hawkman is via prep time tho.

But the other seems usable to me personally.

I am not sure if the black lantern and hawkman stuff can be used here. Mainly cause they aren't herald tier by default. Hawkman is via prep time tho.

But the other seems usable to me personally.
If black lantern isn't an automatic amp, black ring Buddy himself fought Starfire.

So, as pointed out above, Swamp Thing was upgraded to outer via The Green scaling to The Red AFTER the note was written in Buddy's profile. So either Swamp Thing gets nerfed or Buddy gets buffed (he's gotta buffed either way, wall is most definitely too low)

So, as pointed out above, Swamp Thing was upgraded to outer via The Green scaling to The Red AFTER the note was written in Buddy's profile. So either Swamp Thing gets nerfed or Buddy gets buffed (he's gotta buffed either way, wall is most definitely too low)
if the Green scales to the Red, ST would be 1-A in base, as he showed complete control over it

So, I read the grant morrison run myself, and I realized Buddy could actualy get to Low Multi. Thing is, Overman is supposed to be that tier too, considering he could fight numerous Pre-Crisis characters summoned by Psycho Pirate, such as him damaging Ultraman and casually killing Bizarro

Also, Buddy has some insane abilities. Like how he pretty much sealed Overman into the Overvoid during their fight.

Also, sorry for triple posting, but I just saw that Sandman was inactive for quite a while. We're gonna have to do without him it seems

We technically don’t actually need him anyway as he wasn’t the one who wrote the notes. It was Overlord775 who wrote the scaling for Swamp Thing and Deagonx who wrote the note on Animal Mans wall. Both were ironically accepted by Antvasima though.

In my opinion I believe we should remove what’s written on Animal Mans wall as it’s wrong and the person who wrote it admitted to not even having read Animal Man.

Just a quick explanation for why it’s wrong. Bohm Theory is not just referenced throughout Animal Man, It’s explained to be how the in-universe cosmology literally works multiple times. Additionally we even see The Writer creating the in-universe cosmology from Comic Book Limbo while using a book about Bohm Theory.

Last edited:
We technically don’t actually need him anyway as he wasn’t the one who wrote the notes. It was Overlord775 who wrote the scaling for Swamp Thing and Deagonx who wrote the note on Animal Mans wall. Both were ironically accepted by Antvasima though.

Personally I think we should remove what’s written on Animal Mans wall as it’s wrong and the person who wrote admitted to not even having read Animal Man.
I agree with deleting the page, its garbage

Honestly it would be better to delete it then keep it in its current state, it's just not representative of Animal Man at all.

I think it's bfr instead of EE? I will have to reread that arc sometime to confirm tho. Cause overman was alive not long after this (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back