• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Android 17 Upgrade (Dragon Ball Super)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Android 17 should be upgraded. He has several feats above normal SSB-level to warrant an upgrade.

To back up this claim, I will provide several feats for Power/Strength, Speed and Durability. Here we go:

1. Power/Strength

Feat #1: Pushing Back Jiren Against His Will

As seen in the GIF linked, 17 pushes a powered-up Jire literally against his will. This was right after 17 damaged Jiren, angering him. Jiren on the offensive bullrushes towards 17 but is pushed backwards by 17's Ki-Blasts.

Feat #2: Damaging Anilaza

This is a feat the gets heavily overlooked. As seen, 17 is able to do damage to Anilaza, damaging his energy reactor/core. To get a grasp of how good of a feat this is, we need to see just how good Anilaza's durability is. While he doesn't have any direct feats, his previous fusion does. A combined attack from SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta, and Mystic Gohan was not able to even scratch it, just merely send it back . Anilaza is a huge upgrade from his previous form, yet 17 was able to inflict damage. Some may argue that the energy reactor/core was a weak spot. A weak spot does not imply weaker durability and we can only assume that the energy core is the same durability as the rest of him, which is a bare minimum of the combined attack of SSB Goku, SSB Vegeta and Mystic Gohan. In fact, based off the Supreme Kai's Reaction to the Angel stating Anilaza's energy reactor/core was damaged, we can assume it was actually stronger in durability than the rest of him. The energy reactor/core would logically be the most protected.

Feat #3: 17's Trump Card: Self-Destruct

17's self-destruct, or final power as coined by the narrator was able to instantly erase a powered-up Jiren's attack. This was Jiren's largest attack to date . The attack was also being backed up/pushed with visible evidence by Jire, screaming as he does so. 17's self-destruct holding enough power to completely cancel out Jiren's attack while simultaneously keeping up two barriers to hold out against said attack is extremely impressive.

Feat #4: Clashing Fists with Jire

Jiren felt the need to punch back with force rather than use his eye-powers or try to catch it or block.

Feat #5: Indirect Beam Clash with SSBKKx20 Goku and SSBE Vegeta

17's beam was strong enough to indirectly clash with both SSBKKx20 Goku and SSBE Vegeta. This is a huge feat.

Here's the feat itself on repeat

And here is a screenshot. You can specifically see 17's beam strong enough to contend against his teammates, even piercing through parts of them. If you think this is inconsistent, it happened once before with SSBE Vegeta, as seen here. Screenshot here, you can see sparks flying representing contact

Feat #6: Strong enough to break his own Barrier

His Barrier has held against Anilaza and temporarily against Jiren, so him being able to break it on his own is very impressive.

2. Speed

Feat #1: Reacts to God of Destruction Toppo

17 here was able to react and block GoD Toppo's charge. God of Destruction Toppo is a bona fide God of Destruction, so much above normal SSB-Tier. Belmod said he was no different than a GoD and his emergence was the birth of one. In case that wasn't enough, here is an example of Toppo's speed: Toppo is fast enough to blitz and catch off guard SSBE Vegeta, who is equal to SSBKKx20 Goku. 17 was reacting to GoD Toppo multiple times and Toppo struggled to hit/tag 17 for the most part. It's important to note that the entire time Goku and Vegeta were fighting Jiren, 17 alone was stalling against GoD Toppo.

Outspeeding God of Destruction Toppo

Outspeeding God of Destruction Toppo's Justice Flash

Feat #2: Dodging Jiren

17 dodges blitzes and attacks from a powered-up Jiren multiple times, something only SSBE Vegeta and Goku SSBKKx20 were able to do. Here's twice:

1. 2.

Also manages to intercept a blitz from Jiren, one that SSBE Vegeta was not able to react

3. Durability

Feat #1: Instantly gets back up after being slammed through several mountains of debris and a direct punch from a powered-up Jire. It was clear that Jiren was pissed off after 17's talk.

Also bounces back almost instantly after being hit by Jiren and sent flying into debris

Feat #2: Tanks a punch from God of Destruction Toppo. 17 was visibly fine and nonchalant, and immediately starts thinking of a pla. Toppo's hits were able to damage SSBE Vegeta yet they didn't do much to 17.

The most impressive thing was that GoD Toppo was actively trying to one-shot 17 but couldn't.

He states here and acknowledges that he has to end 17 with one hit due to his Infinite Energy. So even a God of Destruction couldn't one-shot 17 when trying his hardest to do so.

Feat #3: Survives his self-destruct

17 was point blank in the middle of his own explosion and Jiren's attack.

Feat #4: First one up after an attack is strong enough to knock out Goku SSBKKx20 and SSBE Vegeta

The fact that he survived the same attack that knocked out Goku and Vegeta is impressive enough, but being the first one up and still able to fight and tank hits is even more impressive.

To summarize: None of these feats could be accomplished by normal SSB-level. They all are at minimum above that and almost all scale directly to SSBKKx20 Goku and SSBE Vegeta. I think people fixiate too much on 17 vs Base Toppo (even though it wasn't Base Toppo he was "losing" to, it was full-power Toppo indicated by his Red Aura; the same one that was implied to match SSBKK Goku ) that they forget all these insane feats he accomplished in the later stages of the ToP. I layed out several feats for power, speed and durability for the sake of consistency. 17 deserves an upgrade based off all of this in my opinion :)

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
Bump. Hmmm.... You documented this rather well. I respect that.... Though I'm unsure if this will be accepted.
Thank you! This is my first post, I'm actually new here :D

DBS has many inconsistencies.

His feats against Jirei makes no sense many times, Jiren was holding back/was not at his full power/Toei entertainment.

In AP he is below Base Toppo by a bit, so slightly weaker than a SSB.

Durabilty, he himself with his body should be the same as his AP, with his barriers is at God Toppo lvl (1 barrier).

Speed: he is God Toppo lvl/Vegeta SBBS/Goku SSB-KKX20

His fight against Toppo is the best one to measure his power actually.

The scene with Anilaza I wouldnt care too much. That is his weaker part and probably has less durability than his body. And for example this gif makes no sense, I mean that durability. Like I said, one should tread carrefully when analysing feats in this verse xd. Many times Goku and Vegeta SSB were nerfed, or they weren't going full power with the SSB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back