• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Anankos Revision

JustSomeWeirdo

He/Him
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Abilities for Anankos (I missed a few...)

Knowledge of other universes

Anankos had knowledge of the events of Awakening, which is why he went to recruit Owain, Inigo, and Severa

The ability to effect other timelines and the future

In Hidden Truths, Anankos is able to restore the Future timeline of Awakening, this is done from a different timeline and from the past

The ability to travel between universes

Hidden Truths, Anankos travels to the universe where Awakening takes place, he then goes back to Valla along with Inigo, Owain, and Severa

Power Bestowal

Anankos strengthens Inigo, Severa, and Owain, the latter even becoming a Dark Mage

Restoratio

Good Anankos restores the future timeline of Awakening

Wish Granting

Anankos restores future Awakening after giving the Awakening trio one wish, but he cannot revive the dead

But....Good Anankos is shown to be Weaker than Evil Anankos

New Anankos Keys?

Keys: Good Anankos | Evil Anankos | (Possibly) Pre-Madness Anankos

Why the keys? Good Anankos has the abilities above, while Evil Anankos has what is currently listed, think of it like Solaris from Sonic 06, splitting into Mephiles the Dark and Iblis, Pre-Madness Anankos would have the abilities of Good and Evil Anankos, Evil Anankos' stats, and a weakness being that without Azura's song, he will go insane, causing him to go on a destructive rampage and eventually split

Good Anankos' stats

Attack Potency: At least City level, possibly higher (Restored the damage done by Grima, who ruined continents) (Comments seem to believe this should be High 6-A, except continents were never destroyed)

Speed: Unknow

Durability
: At least Town level, possibly Country level (Took a hit from his evil counterpart, but died soon after)

Range: Multi-Universal via wish granting and travel

Stamina: Superhuman (Was able to speak for quite a while at the verge of death)

Weaknesses: Cannot revive the dead

Scripts for Hidden Truths 1 and 2:

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Truths_1/Script

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Truths_2/Script

The 3rd key is basically just lore and backstroy, and can easily just be ignored

Okay....the only things in this that are relevant are Good Anankos' abilities, and the first 2 Keys, as well as G Anankos' stats

B-B-B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-bump

Also, Cross-Universal Travel has been done several times in Fire Emblem Fates, First shown in the main story by Lilith, and every My Castle requirements Unit (Like Izana), and Jakob even says that he has crossed through universes to find Corrin, and My Castle, which is located in the Astral Plane, is still able to be accessed even after Lilith's death in Birthright and Conquest, Cross Universal Travel is done VERY casually by Child Units, crossing from the Deeprealms, located in the Astral Plane, to Nohr and Hoshido before you recruit them

Actually, "ruining" continents isn't very quantifiable, so I'll edit the OP to At least City level, possibly higher

Coudnt some of this just be chalked up due to outrealm gates?

As for Grima, wasnt it stated he razed the continent and him being able to kill Naga must be for something which Anankos should scale to.

Yes, but the continents were not destroyed, so I wouldn't know where to scale that

It has to be, its directly stated to exist in the Future DLC and correct me if wrong but isnt that DLC canon? If not then oh well.

Also wouldnt Anankos be country, at least by enviromental destruction since he was tearing apart and sucking in giant slabs of Valla at the end of Rev (one of which had a visible town on it).
Valla

That was a Bad Anankos feat, and Country currently comes from Valla being in another "World", I should probably make a blog post about it to solidify his Country level tier

I personally agree with country+ Ananokos if for no other reason than he scales off Grima (seeked out the three kids because he knew they hnelped take down Grima which made him think they could maybe take himself down), plus Grima scales off literally everything else.

The dimension stuff is also a good point which makes sense.

Actually, there's more than just Valla in the other "world", there's also plenty of space....so maybe At least Country for Evil Anankos, there's a sky and a void below Valla

The abilities seem reasonable, but I have no idea about the statistics.

The only thing I worry about is the AP, ruining continents isn't really quantifiable and Anankos had restored the damage done by Grima

And Good Anankos has absolutely no combat feats, but is also implied to be weaker than his evil counterpart, since he had recruited the Awakening trio hoping to find someone capable of defeating the mad dragon that was once his other half

Also

Anankos: If I tell you all I know here, I shall vanish from this world. There is a curse that protects the information you seek.

The Valla curse is apparently able to effect other universes, but this could just be Anankos not willing to risk triggering the curse on himself

There's also

Anankos: That crystal has the power to transport you through space and time. After you complete your mission, you can use it to return here. Or, if you truly desire it, you can return to your own time and world. However, know that it can only be used once.

Despite his ability to do this himself, this could fall under his Standard Equipment

Also, Anankos is unable to restore Valla

Anankos: No need to apologize. I'm afraid that's not far from the truth. This was once a prosperous kingdom... Now it's nothing more than a wasteland.

Inigo: Mr. Anankos, if I may be so bold... You're essentially a god, correct? Then why would you bother yourself with saving this dying kingdom? Did you come to us for help because you love this place? If so, I can definitely understand that.

Also Soul Manipulation

Anankos: Killing his friend, the king, was the last straw. Madness overcame him. Now alone in his insanity, he began to destroy the kingdom he once loved. But before this, in a final moment of clarity and desperation, he tore out his soul. That soul took on the form of a human and began to think and act on its own. That soul...stands before you now.

Also, light manipulation

(Flash of light)

Lilith: Oh, really now? Trying to immobilize me? As though a cheap magic trick could help you defeat me!

Precog

Anankos: I'm so sorry... It seems my powers are weaker than I thought. The fact that my former body has created a daughter means the future of this world...is far, far bleaker than I foresaw. I once had a vision of a daughter, and her presence meant the death of you three! I can't ask you to remain in a world that is beyond saving!

Actually, I made a mistake for his Dura, it should be Town to Country level, for this reason

Lilith: Why, Father? You must have known... If you're hit by his power... Even you don't stand a chance! So why did you—?!

"his power" means that Good Anankos has just took an attack from Evil Anankos, who I will now be calling Anankos' Soul and Anankos respectively

Anankos (Soul): Don't worry...about me. I'm destined to fade away soon anyway... So, if I can use what's left of my life to help you... It is an honorable way to die.

Anankos (Soul) was still alive for a while after this attack

New Anankos' Soul Stats

AP: At least City level, most likely far higher (Restored the damage done by Grima, even added gravestones for the fallen)

Dura: At least Town level, possibly Country level (Took a hit from his evil counterpart, but died soon after)

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
There is a visible town on this part of Valla, so that should warrant a higher lowball for Anankos, definitely higher than City level, as that town was incredibly small on that "island" of Valla, perhaps Mountain level or a higher end of City level? This would also scale to Anankos' Soul's Dura, Endgame Corrin's lowball, Infested Takumi's lowball, and Blight Dragon Garon's lowball

Anankos is able to restore the Future timeline of Awakening

This statement is interesting. What was the context behind this feat?

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Truths_1/Script

Anankos: Hmm... Very well. I shall restore the earth of your hopeless future. And I shall create gravestones for all who died there. As a keeper of ancient knowledge... As ruler of the world when it began... With my power, pure and righteous, I bless the world of these warriors...

(Anankos' magic creates a flash of light)

Anankos: ... It is done. That land is blossoming once more. I have granted your request.

Since a mention of Earth is read in that script, we know that Anankos has restored the Earth at least.

Whether this would scale to Anankos and the party's actual physical strength, or by reality warping is questionable, however.

Firstly, please compress your posts into one instead of posting some 6 times in a row. Secondly, isn't it implied that the people in Fates are the ascenstors of the people in Awakening? That would be precog.

Same thing for everyone else. There's no cross-universal stuff happening, just time manipulation. And even if it was cross-universal the Outworld gates aren't exactly uncommon.

As for him restoring the future, Grima did not destroy the entire planet. He wiped out all civilization, but the future still existed and was perfectly fine. I'd say it's Continental/Multi-Continental at best.

Where is it implied that Fates characters are ancestors to Awakening?

Also, @Lina, this wouldn't scale to anyone, since nobody actually fought this Anankos, just that he took an attack for Lilith, and like Xcano said, Grima only "ruined" the world, but I don't really feel that High 6-A would fit, since Grima never destroyed the continents

Well, @LordXcano, Anankos had travelled from Awakening to Valla, which is in a different "world" at will, instead of going through the Bottomless Canyon like anyone else (this way somehow opens and closes, meaning it's definitely not just at the bottom, it's a different "world" entirely), about the ancestry thing, a few characters have some resemblances to each other, and Naga's Brand did get passed down from Owain/Odin to Ophelia, but I don't remember other implications other than the 2nd Gen Awakening resemblance kids and Ophelia's brand, unless Before Awakening is at least somewhat canon (and by that I mean Hoshido and Nohr being kingdoms of legend in Awakening), also, time travel in FE works by creating a new timeline, so there's no way they became their own ancestors, unless for some reason Anankos works different

@JSW

Here's a brief summary of everything connecting Fates and Awakening, excluding Chrom mentioning Nohr/Hoshido are "kingdoms of legend".

Although the fact that they keep referring to it as "another world" is concerning. The only way I can see a reconciliation of those two is either:

• "World" just means "different point in space and time"
  • Fatesland and Awakening are so intertwined via portals that it's possible for people to have knowledge of Hoshido and Nohr and for people to even reincarnate cross-universally

Well, if we're considering Fates Anna as canon, that would also mean that the Dragon's Gate and the Outrealms are also canon, and the map where you recruit Anna in Fates is the same one where you recruit Anna in Awakening iirc, it's actually very similar

So, should a separate thread be made concerning the canonicity of DLC/Outrealms? I mean, some could be canon, while others might not be?

I'd definitely say that the Hidden Truths DLC is canon, since it ties into the plot of Fates and doesn't really have contradictions

Possibly, but not many people here follow FE. What changes would DLC/Outrealms bring, other than the obvious scaling between games? Do they have any important info or feats?

Back