• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An Old Vampy Boi wants to conquer the planet, but a Fire Giant says "No it's mine"

GreyFang82

He/Him
I only did this because Mr. Bambu Suggested it.

Both 7-B

Speed is Equal

Fight takes place with both 30 feet apart

Who wins and why?

Vampy Boi:

Fire Giant:

Inconclusive: 3 (Mr. Bambu, DMUA, Me)

I

did not suggest this specifically.

This is interesting, because they each resist each other's hax to some degree. Like every single one. It ultimately comes down to just attacking each other, since Gorsh walks in and says "lolmindhax" and that doesn't work, and Boian walks in and says "loltimehax" and that doesn't work.

Gorsh has better mastery with his weapons, and has an ability that allows him to instant-kill on a critical hit. Meanwhile, Boian has raw danmaku and volume of attacks. AP difference is minimal so it isn't important. However, Gorsh's passive Prob Manip is a very large factor...

For now I'll hold my vote so you can tell me what is typical of Boian and what he would do here.

Actually... something I'd like to know, are resistances being able to be overpowered by good rolls game mechanics or actually canon depending on the strength of the resister and the person haxing?

Largely game mechanics. It was discussed a whike back, but generally, it sums up to "resistances get better over time, but the entire d20 system is game mechanics"

otherwise you could argue a Goblin resists 2-A mindhax because of a 1/20 chance. So it is game mechanics.

Well, yeah I know crits are obviously full of heckery, but what if it's just an evenly matched pair of dudes?

Then resistance is assumed to scale. They already upscale from mindhaxing goblin kingdoms so

they resist each other, due to being roughly on the same level.

Alright, after discussing it

Gorsh has a slight Ap advantage that is not worth mentioning AP wise

They resist all of each other's best hax

Skill and experience wise, again, about equal

And stamina wise, about equal.

They each have minor self-buffing spells to give advantages (Vamp has Mirror Image and Blur, Gorsh has Mage Armor, Flight, Teleportation and Invisibility).

So I vote Incon on this one.

Inconclusive for the reasons above

Also you can vote on your own threads on this site

Had this been one where my character would win I wouldn't do such a thing... But since this is a tie I'll make an exception.

To quote FC/OC Rules for VS Threads/Battles

"However if a battle reaches with 3 votes for either character or inconclusive and no other voter comes by to give another vote in the thread, it is likely possible to end it with just those 3 after a certain amount of time has passed (ex. a day passes and the thread has about 3 votes only if absolute necessary."

DMUA said:
Inconclusive for the reasons above
Also you can vote on your own threads on this site
gross

Can be add, gonna do so.

Back