• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An imperfect solution to our recent problems

So why is the word that starts with a 'c' and rhymes with 'blunt' banned? I know it's bad but in my experience it's never been any more offensive than '****.'

@AS

Apparently it is used as a slur as well. In any case, the Fandom staff stated that they do not like it.

Arrogant Schmuck said:
So why is the word that starts with a 'c' and rhymes with 'blunt' banned? I know it's bad but in my experience it's never been any more offensive than '****.'
That word is leagues worse than **** by a pretty large margin. I mean think about it this way: how many times have you actually seen it been used in movies? Barely

Why is the word C***, which is refered to a woman's genitalia the only thing that is banned? Shouldn't the word D**khead also be equally bad...seriously.

I don't know, but Fandom specifically mentioned it, so we included that and various slurs.

Well, Fandom specifically said that we should avoid bannable slurs, but that whether or not we allow swear words is up to the individual wiki staffs. Apart from the c-word we strictly prohibit slurs in English, and I don't want to go overboard with the strictness.

If others think that we should censor the d-word as well, we can do so though.

That said, it would be like inviting accusations of actions similar to those of Marvel's writers, which you have demoted on your profiles, as well as complaints of hypocrisy

It should, the only reason they banned the word c*** is because it was refered to a female genitalia. They should have done the same with the word d**khead, since it also refered to a male's genitalia.

Okay. I will censor that word as well then.

Well, we don't decide Fandom policies.

I can remove the d-word instead if you prefer. I don't really have any particular opinion about it.

Yobobojojo said:
I think if that word isn't banned, though, it may bring accusations of double standards and bias.
It's FANDOM's policy, not ours. So any accusations of double standards or bias should be directed to FANDOM. Anyway, the wikia staff is free to impose more restrictions if they want. I just don't see the need if FANDOM is okay with it.

AKM sama said:
Yobobojojo said:
I think if that word isn't banned, though, it may bring accusations of double standards and bias.
It's FANDOM's policy, not ours. So any accusations of double standards or bias should be directed to FANDOM. Anyway, the wikia staff is free to impose more restrictions if they want. I just don't see the need if FANDOM is okay with it.

Like they said, we ARE using FANDOM's platform, which could easily be terminated and thus inductive of a migration to a new site, did not such occur to the Trollpasta wiki? As much as I think the decision was a bull's genetalia, we really cant contest them lest they ctrl+alt+del this wiki into nonexistence

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
We arent moving to a new site, we've discussed that multiple times already.
I know, I've been told this several times, I merely made mention of it because I believed that is what is going to occur to the information entwine with the Trollpasta wiki according to a friend of mine (no not Torlikoff). I merely commented about such in reference to what my friend told me is going to occur with the Trollpasta community.

Antvasima said:
Well, we don't decide Fandom policies.

I can remove the d-word instead if you prefer. I don't really have any particular opinion about it.
I don't think we should filter out any more words than are necessary.

Okay. I have removed the d-word from the filter. In addition, it seems like I made a programming error that made people unable to writer the word "Japanese", due to that the first 3 letters are a slur according to one of our administrators, so I added spaces around it.

Yes. My apologies for the inconvenience. I have asked Timothy at Fandom to take a look at the programming script so he can fix any errors.

Some good news, for those who have been wondering. After I and PaChi2 explained the circumstances to Timothy at Fandom, he was kind enough to reduce PaChi2's block from infinite to 2 weeks. So the latter will soon be back to the wiki.

Still, as I mentioned earlier, please do not see the filter as a guarantee to start experimenting, just as a safety net that catches many, but not all, instances of using slurs. It is hard to program it perfectly.

For example, starting to replace a part of a very offensive slur with another letter, in order to get around the filter, might still get you banned.

Wait, what? Why was PaChi2 even banned?

I thought the comment was immediately removed. What, FANDOM has an all-seeing eye now?

Anyway, glad to hear he will be back soon.

Some of the enemies of this wiki appear dedicated to telling Fandom about any misdemeanour.

The filter is currently active, but it is hard to program it in a manner that catches everything without also censoring more harmless words, for which part of them constitute slurs.

I have asked Timothy at Fandom for help with checking through the current script though, so it catches as much as possible.

Back