• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

An ice fairy takes on a yandere bunny girl (Cirno vs March)

Why... Doesn't that like invalidate the need for any combat? Abilities are one thing but if this is an in-game mechanic then why bother do anything at all? Why not just instantly freeze your opponent?
Literally for fun. The Touhou all do battles in something called Spell Card Battle, which is where all of the danmaku. Spell Card Battles are, to sum it up quickly, dodgeball with supernatural powers with the added victory condition of being able to win if you knock your opponent out. Spell Card Battles are also the reason why the verse literally has destroyed itself by the shit ton of High 3-A to Low 2-C.

To make it, even more, simpler, all Touhou characters nerf themselves one way or another to have fun 'skill-based' matches with each other to decide on things and to not tear the universe in half. Since March won't be following the rules of Spell Card Battles, Cirno won't have any reason to not use her no-fun allowed hax on-the-spot.

... March could possibly convince her that they are playing a game so she won't immediately die to Cirno's hax - I am pretty sure one of the in-canon ways to distract Cirno is to give her simple math problems, but that maybe fanon mixing into the canon.

As long it's in her range, yes.
I mean then that's just basically another projectile to look out for. In fact, it's basically a solid tall object to either take cover in or stop herself
March could possibly convince her that they are playing a game so she won't immediately die to Cirno's hax
Seeing as to how she has prior knowledge and kinda looks like a cartoon character, yeah, that is something that is probably a possibility

My Conclusion : Don't bring just a gun to fight someone that yeet bullet out of themselves 20+ bulllets/second
if rabbit has other ability beside her rifle's ability pls tell me Cuz if there no something else this stomp for Cirno Cuz she gonna dodge it anyway

in fact this isn't even fair fight....

if rabbit has other ability beside her rifle's ability pls tell me Cuz if there no something else this stomp for Cirno Cuz she gonna dodge it anyway
She has precog to predict where her opponent will end up at and where she should dodge each projectile (Which I'm pretty sure you've seen here at this point). That's something pretty big you know

She has precog to predict where her opponent will end up at and where she should dodge each projectile (Which I'm pretty sure you've seen here at this point). That's something pretty big you know
Right, but if cirno touches her even once, she's completely frozen. Or, since Cirno's method of freezing involves freezing the air around her, she could just freeze the air all around her within a certain range. After all, that's how she uses certain spell cards like the absolute zero one.

With no spellcard rules in play, Cirno could just hard focus on freezing March with AZ temperatures once she gets too far into her range. While Cirno's kind of dumb, her battle sense is good enough to beat much more powerful characters in her own verse in Spell Card battles, through skill. Considering that, I would say a plan like this isn't entirely out of the question.

Taking advantage of Cirno's "easily distracted" nature, is probably March's best chance at not getting oneshotted.

beside the rifle are there something else for her to kill cirno ? are there any other weapon for her to spam a lot of bullet cuz in Gensokyo most spell card user spam bullets from different angle to push and surround their opponent so just a single bullet doesn't enough to kill her cuz she gonna dodge it except you give scenario this rabbit sneaking to eliminate Cirno from long range without get notice first

beside the rifle are there something else for her to kill cirno ? are there any other weapon for her to spam a lot of bullet cuz in Gensokyo most spell card user spam bullets from different angle to push and surround their opponent so just a single bullet doesn't enough to kill her cuz she gonna dodge it except you give scenario this rabbit sneaking to eliminate Cirno from long range without get notice first
Adding to this, Cirno likes to freeze and destroy her opponent's projectiles if I remember correctly. So, she can simply destroy the bullet by freezing it and turning it into more danmaku for her to use.

Not really if you did read the standard equipment. March can at least account for how and when her opponent is gonna dodge and her bullets passing through everything should at least let her catch Cirno by surprise
Adding to this, Cirno likes to freeze and destroy her opponent's projectiles if I remember correctly. So, she can simply destroy the bullet by freezing it and turning it into more danmaku for her to use.
Did you even read the part where I explained that Sting imbued projectiles ignore laws of physics and even applies power null just to reach its opponent?

Again, Cirno can't freeze March's bullets because of the power null, so that's pointless.
She has precog to predict where her opponent will end up at and where she should dodge
Which will be impossible for her to do once Cirno realizes that March has no fancy projectile spam or spell cards of her own, Cirno will just spam homing projectiles at her, and also attempt to freeze her entire body.

Last edited:

wait-what-co.gif

Which will be impossible for her to do once Cirno realizes that March has no fancy projectile spam or spell cards of her own, Cirno will just spam homing projectiles at her, and also attempt to freeze her entire body.
Remember that Homing Projectiles are kinda predictable and she can probably just time it so that they end up hitting other objects instead of her

I am going to argue that this is a mismatch since March's precog has no way to save her once Cirno decides to use an AoE freeze to... well... freeze the bunny girl. March can't even get out of Cirno's range since it is tens of meters (at least 36 meters) and they start within ten meters of each other, plus, she can't outrun Cirno since the idiot fairy can fly and speed is equal: so once Cirno decides to attack the lady that isn't abiding by spell card battle rules.

... Or if you don't think Cirno will use an AoE freeze, the fairy might either just drop hundreds of ice boulders at once on top of March's location or engage in close-range combat and get screwed over by Sting even more - and possibly die and immediately come back 100% alright.

Right, but if cirno touches her even once, she's completely frozen. Or, since Cirno's method of freezing involves freezing the air around her, she could just freeze the air all around her within a certain range. After all, that's how she uses certain spell cards like the absolute zero one.
What absolute zero one? She has no such spell card in my memory, and after double checking, she has no such spell card. What game does she have a card that's called 'absolute zero'? She has some named similar like 'perfect freeze', which are projectiles, which you can dodge. And in one of the fighting games she has a move that 'freezes the floor in an instant, freezing the enemy'. Which you can avoid by literally jumping once. Which someone with precog will do every single time.

Also she has no feats of being able to freeze from far away, is speed equal and fighting someone with durability negating weaponry Like first move: She freezes floor. She misses. Gj.
She spams projectiles. She misses because March has been upped to her speed and is precog, and this speed makes it trivial to dodge these bullets (as shown in touhou itself).
March being at this level of speed makes her basically impossible to hit, so its actually a mismatch in her favor because of speed equal.

Either you say non-spellcard Cirno can freeze the same range around her as via the floor despite absolutely no feats to prove she can do this and she 1 shots, or you don't and she can't hit her opponent at all while her opponent has unblockable projectiles.
And no, she's not being killed by sting and reviving, she's fighting an absurd precog. She'd only be hitting to begin with to incap because she already knows cirno can revive.

Last edited:
What absolute zero one? She has no such spell card in my memory, and after double checking, she has no such spell card. What game does she have a card that's called 'absolute zero'? She has some named similar like 'perfect freeze', which are projectiles, which you can dodge. And in one of the fighting games she has a move that 'freezes the floor in an instant, freezing the enemy'. Which you can avoid by literally jumping once. Which someone with precog will do every single time.
Her AZ spellcard is on her profile...

The spell card on her profile is her making ice explode. Its not absolute zero at all. Wher is her absolute zero spell card? It doesn't seem to exist.
Oh and that's still too slow and short ranged to hit a precog scaling to light speed. She'll be out of range before Cirno even thinks of doing anything.

Last edited:
The spell card on her profile is her making ice explode. Its not absolute zero at all. Wher is her absolute zero spell card? It doesn't seem to exist.
Oh and that's still too slow and short ranged to hit a precog scaling to light speed. She'll be out of range before Cirno even thinks of doing anything.
The name and description support the spell card using Absolute Zero temperatures. Also, in a serious fight without spellcard rules, nothing is stopping Cirno from using that level of freezing indiscriminately. It honestly comes entirely down to range vs Precog it seems.

If I call a spell meteorite and throw a rock at you, its not a meteorite because I gave it a silly name. Especially if I'm cirno, a character known literally for being stupid.
Her range has never been shown to be large enough to tag someone who knows she's going to do this before she even vaguely considers doing anything and is (thanks to scaling) lightspeed +.
But if you scale to the other character, she can't dodge any of cirno's projectiles.
Its a mismatch.

The name and description support the spell card using Absolute Zero temperatures. Also, in a serious fight without spellcard rules, nothing is stopping Cirno from using that level of freezing indiscriminately. It honestly comes entirely down to range vs Precog it seems.
You've been responded to

If I call a spell meteorite and throw a rock at you, its not a meteorite because I gave it a silly name.
Again, the description of how the spell card works, is what supports the name being accurate. We're not going soley by its name.

Plus, said info comes from Marisa'a Grimoire where she was going out of her way to study danmaku. It mentions the temperature as being impossible to measure. Seeing as how Marisa is writing these notes and not Cirno, there's nothing to suggest it's pointless boasting.

In other words, "Minus K" is an absolute Zero temperature spell.

Ikr.

I'mma just leave an incon FRA due to Cirno's Ice Hax and Flight (plus immorality) and March's precog and durability-bypassing stuff, and how both of them can ignore and/or screws over the other with their hax which makes this match near-impossible for me to figure out how this match would end.

And just to get this concluded

Inconclusive FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back