• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Amy Rose VS Android 18

Hmmmm i think 18 could take her down, but the paralysis is kinda of a problem.
I gonna vote Amy just because of that.

How likely it is for Amy to use paralysis? Android 18 do starts with an AP gap and has infinite stamina, but Amy has AD to help her out

How likely it is for Amy to use paralysis? Android 18 do starts with an AP gap and has infinite stamina, but Amy has AD to help her out
When you said AP gap, you meant in Amy's favor, right? Because Amy has the higher value and seems to upscale from it.

As for how likely it is, it's not something she opens with. But she would certainly resort to it after realizing 18 can fly and spam attacks from far away. It'd be her best move to get in close and actually do damage as mentioned earlier.

When you said AP gap, you meant in Amy's favor, right? Because Amy has the higher value and seems to upscale from it.
Android 18 also upscales from her value so I guess it's not clear
As for how likely it is, it's not something she opens with. But she would certainly resort to it after realizing 18 can fly and spam attacks from far away. It'd be her best move to get in close and actually do damage as mentioned earlier.
Judging from her fight with Vegeta, while she obviously can fly, she also opts for regular cqc on the ground so this may not come into play immediately

Android 18 also upscales from her value so I guess it's not clear

Judging from her fight with Vegeta, while she obviously can fly, she also opts for regular cqc on the ground so this may not come into play immediately
That's what I figured. Though in cqc, I think Amy has a clear advantage.

On top of Laser's reasonings, I'd say even at a hypothetical AP disadvantage Amy could still persevere. Her Guard Skill is essentially Android 17's barrier activated whenever she blocks, with the Ichikoro Gauge basically acting as a countdown to Amy striking 18 down in one decisive blow. Considering it's gonna constantly be filling in active combat, the battle won't end quick enough for 18 to snip that issue in the bud.

And with Amy being able to journey constantly for three full days even in the Adventure Era (as per the events of Heroes), a battle of attrition would actually be worse for 18.

Last edited:
Yes, why would't she? I myself can see for 4km away, she being a Cyborg with enchanched senses should be better than me.
I don't think most people can see 4 kilometers clearly though. Can you see how many fingers someone is holding up from 4 kilometers away?

I figured she can see 4 km away given her range, but for the question on if Amy's SI can be used 4 km away, I figured there'd be some argument 18 can't see 4km away clearly.

Oh ok, but 18 can see from 4km away, so If Amy just like "hey look up" 18 will like "what" and Amy close the distance to attack 18 and stop the spamming of energy blast.

Oh ok, but 18 can see from 4km away, so If Amy just like "hey look up" 18 will like "what" and Amy close the distance to attack 18 and stop the spamming of energy blast.
Pretty much. Though she could also just close the gap with her 54x speed amp. Not that I think Amy will need to. I don't recall 18's opening move being range spam.

Yeah, she start with CqC (which i believe she would be the better one against Amy) but If Amy start to annoy her with her, she would change strategy and fly up and start spamming.

Can 18 see 4 kilometers away? Amy's SI is just pointing in a direction to make them look. That said, if Amy needs to, she can easily close the gap.
She can see Cell from a greater distance than that whilst he was blowing up an entire archipelago. Amy could but 18 would carpet bomb the entire park.

Yeah, she start with CqC (which i believe she would be the better one against Amy) but If Amy start to annoy her with her, she would change strategy and fly up and start spamming.
Maybe more skilled in traditional martial arts. But overall, I'd say Amy has the advantage. She has a hammer, homing attack, can summon objects out of nowhere to crush 18, SI to make her look up and then wail on her, etc.

Before or After the carpet bombing?
Either tbh. She could point up, and while she's distracted, amp herself and close the distance. But if 18 already started the carpet bombing and then looked up, Amy has the speed and acrobatics to avoid every blast and navigate the city to get in close to Android 18.

Maybe more skilled in traditional martial arts. But overall, I'd say Amy has the advantage.
I risked the part to not argue, and you do It anyway 😢
Well, that's fine then i can do It✌️
She has a hammer,
Yeah, true.
homing attack
They are in close combat, why homing attack would matter? She can hit 18 already good enough. And If she try to do that several times, 18 would be able to reconized the pattern of the attack, and put a barrier to block It.
, can summon objects out of nowhere to crush 18
18 can protect herself with energy barrier, but yeah true.
, SI to make her look up and then wail on her, etc.
Techinically, 18 can just attack Any before she does It, If Amy does several times.
She would be like "Ok she doing It again" and attack her to stop It.

They are in close combat, why homing attack would matter? She can hit 18 already good enough. And If she try to do that several times, 18 would be able to reconized the pattern of the attack, and put a barrier to block It.
Sonic character's use homing attack 99% of the time in close range. It's hardly ever from super far (Though they can if they want). Homing attack is also a blitzing amp. Lets Sonic blitz characters equal to him in combat speed. So it'd just kinda let Amy barrage her with a shit ton of attacks really quickly. She'd also be able to shatter the barrier pretty quickly given that is the case.
18 can protect herself with energy barrier, but yeah true.
I imagine the weigh she summons would shatter the shield. It can crush characters comparable to her after all (Who survive thanks to elasticity). You could argue she can also spawn the 10 ton weight inside the barrier.
Techinically, 18 can just attack Any before she does It, If Amy does several times.
She would be like "Ok she doing It again" and attack her to stop It.
I mean, it's only a gesture. It's one of the quickest actions she can do. By the time a punch or ki blast reaches Amy, she'll prolly have already pointed. She can use it multiple times against her opponents in Fighters after all (Tho I don't think Amy would spam it in-character).

Either tbh. She could point up, and while she's distracted, amp herself and close the distance. But if 18 already started the carpet bombing and then looked up, Amy has the speed and acrobatics to avoid every blast and navigate the city to get in close to Android 18.
You forgotten these things explode and reach android 18 anyways even when exploding off of ground zero?

You forgotten these things explode and reach android 18 anyways even when exploding off of ground zero?
Your sentence here is a bit confusing, but I assume you're brining up the AoE of ki blasts? Not hard to outrun this with a 54x speed amp and acrobatics. It also helps that Amy's travel speed is like infinitely faster than Android 18's.

Your sentence here is a bit confusing, but I assume you're brining up the AoE of ki blasts? Not hard to outrun this with a 54x speed amp and acrobatics. It also helps that Amy's travel speed is like infinitely faster than Android 18's.
If she's homing at 18 and 18's own ki blast explodes, even at ground zero, it would encompass 18 anyways and by default Amy as collateral damage.

If she's homing at 18 and 18's own ki blast explodes, even at ground zero, it would encompass 18 anyways and by default Amy as collateral damage.
Ohhh, I get what you're saying. Tho DB character's don't often resort to blowing themselves up with their own attacks, lol. Given the AP advantage to Amy tho, it ain't gonna do severe damage. Then Amy would proceed to wallop her. Worst case scenario, she just paralyzes 18 for half a minute.

Ohhh, I get what you're saying. Tho DB character's don't often resort to blowing themselves up with their own attacks, lol. Given the AP advantage to Amy tho, it ain't gonna do severe damage. Then Amy would proceed to wallop her. Worst case scenario, she just paralyzes 18 for half a minute.
Fair enough

Sonic character's use homing attack 99% of the time in close range. It's hardly ever from super far (Though they can if they want).
I know, I saying more like, because they are in close combat, 18 would not give her the time to do the attack. 18 would be constantly attacking her.
Homing attack is also a blitzing amp.
Lets Sonic blitz characters equal to him in combat speed.
I mean, DB character can react to characters faster than them, so she can probally defend herself.
So it'd just kinda let Amy barrage her with a shit ton of attacks really quickly. She'd also be able to shatter the barrier pretty quickly given that is the case.
The pattern i am talking about is more like, when they jump and stay in place for a seconds, and then homing in to attack, when 18 notices this she can prepare herself.
I imagine the weigh she summons would shatter the shield. It can crush characters comparable to her after all (Who survive thanks to elasticity). You could argue she can also spawn the 10 ton weight inside the barrier.
True...?🤔
I mean, it's only a gesture. It's one of the quickest actions she can do. By the time a punch or ki blast reaches Amy, she'll prolly have already pointed.
She also have to say It right? Does just pointing is enough or she have to say things too?

I know, I saying more like, because they are in close combat, 18 would not give her the time to do the attack. 18 would be constantly attacking her.
Sonic character's find the time to use it in close combat against character's equal to them. Don't know how Amy wouldn't find an opportunity to use it.
I mean, DB character can react to characters faster than them, so she can probally defend herself.
They can react to faster character's, but not usually ones who can blitz them. Otherwise the two would be comparable (With exceptions like Gohan fighting Dyspo since they had to strongly limit his movements for Gohan to stand a chance).
The pattern i am talking about is more like, when they jump and stay in place for a seconds, and then homing in to attack, when 18 notices this she can prepare herself.
For a few seconds? That's a gameplay mechanic. Sonic can use homing attack instantly after jumping. Heck, if you go by the comics, it doesn't even look like they need to jump
fPEHYoIjBQAI6JLLefRa9J_6cHHWB53hzAeucVu-x9PS9iSkBYtDfj39DfI0vTpjU-y1RKFiH6kmzI6SbY2OPCd40nVio2toTKGpYZ-etLzJ5-y0RsqWIVJDd_h_9SLRtsEOu2lADw=s0
0SHBA3Q9i38UD8xr2MnzlIZr9Ib5R4Of4UF_mDtzrAsTF3ZMsuoECdFez3jF4QQdYFpUd8t5fiGNHtwtelqrHAoVfkl4M9Li825Yt7gVd399R71B2FAdbH3Ln3T3cA77ShuZehL7yQ=s0

Here's Modern Sonic Home Attacking dozens of enemies instantly

Sonic character's use homing attack 99% of the time in close range. It's hardly ever from super far (Though they can if they want). Homing attack is also a blitzing amp. Lets Sonic blitz characters equal to him in combat speed. So it'd just kinda let Amy barrage her with a shit ton of attacks really quickly. She'd also be able to shatter the barrier pretty quickly given that is the case.
Amy can't use the homing attack I'm pretty sure, though I may be wrong

Back