• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Schnee One said:
You linked the wrong Amon
What's my Mummy's mind resistance?
Yeah, I saw.

And they can control the Universal conciousness of humanity itself.

Schnee One said:
So all humans in a universe basically? Is there a quantifuable number?
The Universe in WoD is infinite, but I'd say he 7 billion as a low ball, at high ball infinite (with the whole "At a certain distance all atoms are formed exactly the same way" thing effectively making infinite humans)

Amon has possession as well, and the extent of his mindhax can be at least the quintillions since in an alternate timeline the Zerg pretty much conquered at least a galaxy since Kerrigan was killed thus failing to fulfill her prophecy of saving the universe which lets Amon continue on his plans undisturbed. Mummy seems to have the abilities advantage but Amon's mind hax stuff and possession are pretty much thought based so I'll give it to him as long as Mummy doesn't resist both.

That Mindhax seems to be purely held to the Zerg and doesn't extend beyond that. We know this when Kerragen finds the Primal Zerg and they're immune, showing it's a special kind of Zerg which is pre-bound to Amon rather than him actually mindhaxing.

Mummy has passive Mind hax to his advantage, such as by looking at a person they cause them to fall in love with the Mummy.

Amon's hybrids and other Protoss are easily capable of mindhaxing a Terran so I don't really leave it out of the possibilities since Hybrids were shown to be easily be capable of mind haxing entire armies like the ones from Mobeius Corp and he should easily scale to them. And oh yeah Primals have no Psionics iirc so there's that too. And if he both resists each other's mind hax, does Mummy still resist possession?

Not Icarus said:
Amon's hybrids and other Protoss are easily capable of mindhaxing a Terran so I don't really leave it out of the possibilities since Hybrids were shown to be easily be capable of mind haxing entire armies like the ones from Mobeius Corp and he should easily scale to them. And oh yeah Primals have no Psionics iirc so there's that too.
That's fair, but, how many Terran can the protoss mind hax.

Also, weren't the protoss only vulnerable to Amon through a weird link they all had which was deemed sacred to them?

Scaling to the Protoss for outside Zerg mindhax seems fair for a low-ball, as if I remember correctly, Protoss' mindhax is considered considerably lesser than Amon and the Xel'Naga.

But, is there any numbers for how large the army was, because in a Space-Game, an Army could be anywhere from a legion to a planet's worth.

Unknown but they held their own against the Dominion core world of Korhal alongside assisting the Hybrids from mindhaxing/invading other Terran planets iirc. Korhal has a population around the billions for example. Also the Khala was a trap laid by Amon too which forced them to servere their nerve cords to stop him from possesing the Khalani Protoss.

Not Icarus said:
Unknown but they held their own against the Dominion core world of Korhal alongside assisting the Hybrids from mindhaxing/invading other Terran planets iirc. Korhal has a population around the billions for example.
For the sake of simplicity and elegance, we'll assume that outside Zerg mindhax, he and the Mummy are equal, because it would be pointless to argue a number within the Billions.

It also allows for a bit more interesting arguments then "lol mindhax"

So billions lowballed for both sides and at least quintillions and infinite for both sides. I'll still give it to Amon personally, nothing stops him from possesing him it seems and his true form is in another universe.

Not Icarus said:
So billions lowballed for both sides and at least quintillions and infinite for both sides. I'll still give it to Amon personally, nothing stops him from possesing him it seems and his true form is in another universe.
How does his possessing work? As possessing via soul would be extremely hard as Mummies posses 7 souls.

Practically the same as his thought based mind hax. He pretty much instantly possessed the entire Khalani population during the Invasion of Aiur of LotV.

Not Icarus said:
Practically the same as his thought based mind hax. He pretty much instantly possessed the entire Khalani population during the Invasion of Aiur of LotV.
Wouldn't that just be mind control?

Well it works like it since both abilities are pretty similar at least in the sense of achieving the same end of controlling your opponent.

Not Icarus said:
Well it works like it since both abilities are pretty similar at least in the sense of achieving the same end of controlling your opponent.
So, what would Amon do while possessing the Mummy, assuming that it is a weird mind of mind control possession.

Shouldn't that already count as a win condition though? With stuff like opponent must be knocked out for an hour rule or something?

From Amon's respect thread;

Possesion

"When Amon controls an entity, they are not just turned into puppets. He actively enters them, empowering them and taking them over. The target's energy and eyes turn red, and even the subtitles switch to show that Amon, not the possessed target, is speaking. He is capable of taking over entire races, as he shows with the Khalai Protoss.

Despite the Protoss being gifted with the natural ability to resist such abilities, they are made vulnerable to them because of the Khala. This psionically charged stone bound the Protoss together, granting them an empathic link. Amon possessed it, and thus took over the Protoss. Yes. Amon took control of a psychic rock. He also took over all the Khalai Protoss, which includes psionic machines, such as the Sentry and Warp Prism.

He can use this ability in all forms, even while disembodied. In fact, even if Amon's consciousness is contained, he still must be removed from all he is possessing, as he is within them as well, before he can be defeated. Even after being removed, all previously possessed targets must remove the way he possessed them in the first place, or else he is not defeated and can break containment."

Not Icarus said:
Shouldn't that already count as a win condition though? With stuff like opponent must be knocked out for an hour rule or something?
It depends on what he does while possessing the Mummy, as if he interviens for too long, the Ka energy within the Mummy will activate and begin to manipulate fate of Amon and start to destroy him.

How long until that happens? He could also try and transmute him with his psionics since the Xel'Naga see matter, consciousness, and energy to be all the same thing. Though Idk if it'll actually destroy him since his actual body is a universe away.

Not Icarus said:
How long until that happens? He could also try and transmute him with his psionics since the Xel'Naga see matter, consciousness, and energy to be all the same thing.
If he destroys the body, then the Mummy will be split into their 7 soul parts, with each part acting independently from each other.

And with that, one of the parts can speak the true Name of Amon and erase his concept from history all together.

The length of time is anywhere from 1 minute to several days. As it's per "scene" which can be anywhere between those.

For the sake of simplicity, let's say 1 hour.

Amon has acasuality type 1 since he was a thing even before the universes so idk if it'll work and if it really is 1 hour wouldn't that already count as a win for Amon? He won't harm the body as long he doesn't see it as a threat enough and will just leave him there idle.

Not Icarus said:
Amon has acasuality type 1 since he was thing even before the universes so idk if it'll work and if it really is 1 hour wouldn't that already count as a win for Amon? He won't harm the body as long he doesn't see it as a threat enough and will just leave him there idle.
It doesn't work by removing you from history, it's a byproduct of erasing your concept, it removes all you did, all you was, all you ever will be. IIRC, it has to be several hours for an incap victory.

Alright. Though I'm not sure if that's the case since I remember a nice amount of cases where an hour counts as a win for someone.

Not Icarus said:
Alright. Though I'm not sure if that's the case since I remember a nice amount of cases where an hour counts as a win for someone.
Sure, however, we're a bit beyond that part.

As you said, Amon would/should destroy the Mummy, as someone who could destroy the Planet would be considered a massive threat.

Also, how long does it take for him to possess someone? Because, from what I remember, it took him a long time to possess the Protoss' network.

Also, in terms of AP, the Mummy scales to 4.45961e+30

While Amon scales above 2.476x10^30 joules.

Meaning the Mummy has double the power Amon has, so they definately would be a threat.

It's unknown how long it specifically takes but it shouldn't be too long in comparison to his mindhax since Amon had a plan and wasn't really interested in doing things straight away with stuff like his host body under construction and imo I think he'll only destroy the body when really forced to do it like if his posession gets resisted successfully. There's also the Voice in the Darkness who can also easily possess people in a short amount of time though I haven't read the story involving him in awhile for more details about him.

Not Icarus said:
Well his mind control and possession are thought based so I'm not sure.
The ignition is fine, but does the possession in itself, how long does that take.

Right now I'm leaning on inconclusive.

Unknown and the only scalable things we have is the Voice in the Darkness who pretty much did it in the same time a mind control ability does (excluding stuff like Dark Archon mindhax).

Not Icarus said:
Unknown and the only scalable things we have is the Voice in the Darkness who pretty much did it in the same time a mind control ability does (excluding stuff like Dark Archon mindhaxd).
Looks like inconclusive then, tbh.

Back