• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard (Hellsing) major CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure the blog is that good. I'm also thinking I might add a middle end where I simply use the speed of sound as the velocity, since the handgun speed might present an issue to some. Antvasima has advised me where to go for calc group members to assess it. I already think the total result might have to be reduced since it's technically an omnidirectional attack, unless we can apply it directly to Alucard's telekinesis or physicals.
Honestly I completely disagree.

I must've read the calc wrong the first time but putting the speed as anywhere near the speed of a bullet or SoS is absolutely not fine. We don't see the hordes of undead moving ANYWHERE close to that in either the manga or the OVA. I'm not a calc group member but I think that should be removed.

Honestly I completely disagree.

I must've read the calc wrong the first time but putting the speed as anywhere near the speed of a bullet or SoS is absolutely not fine. We don't see the hordes of undead moving ANYWHERE close to that in either the manga or the OVA. I'm not a calc group member but I think that should be removed.
It's true. The only way to make them that fast is scaling them to the vampires. I wasn't sure if we could use that or not. Technically they should scale but I had a feeling that might not be allowed for kinetic energy calculations. I'm only calculating it because no-one else seemed interested in doing it.

Okay, that seems fine to me, as long as the fighter jet feat has been calculated, placed in a blog, and accepted by our calc group members.
The fighter jet 8-B feat is controversial. Migue79 and CloverDragon03 seem to agree, but DMUA has argued that it's both an outlier and using OVA footage as solid evidence.

Okay. It seems to not have been accepted then.
It's a bit uncertain, as far as I can tell. Two calc group members agreed. The comments are also pretty old and a discussion about allowing OVA footage as long as it doesn't contradict anything has been had at some point. I guess we could ask DMUA for an updated opinion, and let The Pink God go over it since they know more than I do about that blog.

Edit: the reason I thought the calc warranted an upgrade was because I thought the only issue with it was whether Alucard scaled to the coffin, and thought it had been otherwise accepted based on what was being discussed, so it's possible the issues have been resolved.

Last edited:
It's true. The only way to make them that fast is scaling them to the vampires. I wasn't sure if we could use that or not. Technically they should scale but I had a feeling that might not be allowed for kinetic energy calculations. I'm only calculating it because no-one else seemed interested in doing it.
They're...not vampires. They're ghouls. We consistently see ghouls are slow as shit when compared to vampires in any regard. I don't think they have a single noteworthy feat of speed.

They're...not vampires. They're ghouls. We consistently see ghouls are slow as shit when compared to vampires in any regard. I don't think they have a single noteworthy feat of speed.
Sorry, I really should clarify. The blog specifies that they travel like a wave, namely that Alucard essentially shoots them outwards. I can also include the fact that it begins as running blood if I include an earlier scan. The thing is that they catch the vampires. All of them. And we can see that the vampires aren't able to avoid them. While the ghouls themselves are shown walking, Alucard seems to be able to propel them at a sufficient speed to catch the vampires.

Last edited:
I also seem to remember all those vampires standing there like idiots, because the Letztes Battalion are glory-hungry bloodsuckers that don't much care for their own deaths provided it's in battle.

But even disregarding that, fodder vampires can't move at supersonic speeds. They still had to put in some effort to catch Integra's car, so even if they had run (which I suspect they did not), your high end is still moot.

I also seem to remember all those vampires standing there like idiots, because the Letztes Battalion are glory-hungry bloodsuckers that don't much care for their own deaths provided it's in battle.
The vampires staying to fight is a problem, but they seem to be unable to put distance between them and the incoming ghouls. The scan I linked shows that they're uncomfortable having the army that close to them and they have guns, so they should be able to put distance between themselves and the army while shooting at them.
But even disregarding that, fodder vampires can't move at supersonic speeds. They still had to put in some effort to catch Integra's car, so even if they had run (which I suspect they did not), your high end is still moot.
Possibly. I'm just including it for an option. I made it because no-one else could be bothered, not because I'm trying to push big calculations, and I included multiple interpretations for more options. I really don't care if it gets accepted or not, I'm doing this only to save the calc group members from being pressured even more than they already are. I know they had to make an effort to catch Integra's car, that's why the 80km/h option is in there, but I'm scaling them to Luke Valentine.

Yes I understand what you're trying to say but what I'm saying is that the option is not even a hypothetical. From what we've been shown in the story assuming this supersonic/speed of sound end exists at all is erroneous, and it shouldn't even be in the calculation blog as an option to be evaluated.

Yes I understand what you're trying to say but what I'm saying is that the option is not even a hypothetical. From what we've been shown in the story assuming this supersonic/speed of sound end exists at all is erroneous, and it shouldn't even be in the calculation blog as an option to be evaluated.
I don't know if it can be calculated for kinetic energy due to that calc stacking rule, but the vampires of the battalion should in theory scale to Luke Valentine, and they got swept up by the soul army, and apparently couldn't just pick them all off mid step as if they were fighting snails. That's why I'm using the speed of the vampires in the verse as one of the options. And since it seems no-one has calculated that either, I'm using Luke Valentine outrunning Alucard's Casull bullet.

As far as I can tell the lower end just ends up being a meaningless calculation anyway, since it's beaten by other calculations. I'm only leaving that in as a backup for other feats and because I'm obsessively thorough with information.

Please ask for evaluations in the thread linked below and keep us updated here.

Okay. It seems to not have been accepted then.
It's a bit uncertain, as far as I can tell. Two calc group members agreed. The comments are also pretty old and a discussion about allowing OVA footage as long as it doesn't contradict anything has been had at some point. I guess we could ask DMUA for an updated opinion, and let The Pink God go over it since they know more than I do about that blog.

Edit: the reason I thought the calc warranted an upgrade was because I thought the only issue with it was whether Alucard scaled to the coffin, and thought it had been otherwise accepted based on what was being discussed, so it's possible the issues have been resolved.
Can you link to the calculation in question here please?
So what about this?

Also, thank you for helping out here, Crabwhale.

Please ask for evaluations in the thread linked below and keep us updated here.

I should add the mid end first. Maybe I'll add a normal human walking speed option as an even lower end. I can remove the higher speed options if that's what's best, I just thought if the army scales to vampires in speed for catching them that speed wasn't completely unreasonable. I'm starting to think the blog is worthless anyway, though, and I got sick today which is why I didn't add the other speed levels already. It'd be typical if it was worthless, to be honest.

For the fighter jet blog, here's the link.

Sorry for wasting your time, Antvasima.

I should add the mid end first. Maybe I'll add a normal human walking speed option as an even lower end. I can remove the higher speed options if that's what's best, I just thought if the army scales to vampires in speed for catching them that speed wasn't completely unreasonable. I'm starting to think the blog is worthless anyway, though, and I got sick today which is why I didn't add the other speed levels already. It'd be typical if it was worthless, to be honest.
I am not a calc group member. I am not authorised or capable of properly evaluating calculations. My apologies.
For the fighter jet blog, here's the link.

I have asked the calc group members who commented there to discuss whether or not it can be used within the blog post itself.

I will repeat it here in order to try to make certain.

@DMUA @Armorchompy @Migue79

Can you discuss whether or not we should use this calculation as a basis to scale from please?
Sorry for wasting your time, Antvasima.
No problem at all.

I don't know if it can be calculated for kinetic energy due to that calc stacking rule, but the vampires of the battalion should in theory scale to Luke Valentine, and they got swept up by the soul army, and apparently couldn't just pick them all off mid step as if they were fighting snails. That's why I'm using the speed of the vampires in the verse as one of the options. And since it seems no-one has calculated that either, I'm using Luke Valentine outrunning Alucard's Casull bullet.

As far as I can tell the lower end just ends up being a meaningless calculation anyway, since it's beaten by other calculations. I'm only leaving that in as a backup for other feats and because I'm obsessively thorough with information.
I find this logic to be flawed.

First of all, Luke isn't just some fodder vampire in terms of speed. In fact the plot makes it very clear he's more advanced than fodder vampires (like his brother), especially in the sheer speed department. So you can't just go ahead and claim every member of the Letztes Battalion scales to him now.

Second of all, this is ignoring the blatant anti-feat that I mentioned before. The Millennium vampires were having trouble keeping up with a car, which might not even have been going at full speed. If they were as fast as your high end claims, then they'd have caught up to Integra and eaten her alive way before Iscariot had a chance to do anything about it.

So again, I don't think the high end is valid for even being put on the blog, and it certainly isn't valid enough to be accepted.

I find this logic to be flawed.

First of all, Luke isn't just some fodder vampire in terms of speed. In fact the plot makes it very clear he's more advanced than fodder vampires (like his brother), especially in the sheer speed department. So you can't just go ahead and claim every member of the Letztes Battalion scales to him now.
It's more accurate to say Luke thought he was far superior, not necessarily that he definitely was. We don't know how the battalion members compare, given how insignificant Luke and Jan actually were to the major.
Second of all, this is ignoring the blatant anti-feat that I mentioned before. The Millennium vampires were having trouble keeping up with a car, which might not even have been going at full speed. If they were as fast as your high end claims, then they'd have caught up to Integra and eaten her alive way before Iscariot had a chance to do anything about it.
I didn't ignore it though, it's literally the point of the 80km/h end. And it's not like fiction doesn't have inconsistencies like that. Those same vampires are shown dodging incoming automatic fire in a narrow hallway. Not necessarily supersonic, but way faster than a car. Never mind, the whole thing's worthless.
So again, I don't think the high end is valid for even being put on the blog, and it certainly isn't valid enough to be accepted.
If it works for you, maybe we should forget the blog and delete it. It's probably worthless anyway, given who made it. I would have been delusional to not expect it to be worthless. I made it so people who were better could figure out how best to use it. I guess it wasn't even that good. Should have known. Never mind then, what say we just drop it? I guess we could use it for counting Alucard's soul numbers, but it's probably worthless for that too.

I'll shut up and stop wasting everyone's time. You think I should clear the blog to nothing or just ask for it to be deleted, or just ignore the stupid thing? I guess I could leave the soul numbers in there, but it's probably just as worthless as everything else. I don't even know what to do.

I didn't ignore it though, it's literally the point of the 80km/h end. And it's not like fiction doesn't have inconsistencies like that. Those same vampires are shown dodging incoming automatic fire in a narrow hallway. Not necessarily supersonic, but way faster than a car. Never mind, the whole thing's worthless.
Reaction times don't equal travel times. Example: Primarchs from 40k are Subsonic at best but have MFTL+ reactions.
If it works for you, maybe we should forget the blog and delete it. It's probably worthless anyway, given who made it. I would have been delusional to not expect it to be worthless. I made it so people who were better could figure out how best to use it. I guess it wasn't even that good. Should have known. Never mind then, what say we just drop it? I guess we could use it for counting Alucard's soul numbers, but it's probably worthless for that too.

I'll shut up and stop wasting everyone's time. You think I should clear the blog to nothing or just ask for it to be deleted, or just ignore the stupid thing? I guess I could leave the soul numbers in there, but it's probably just as worthless as everything else. I don't even know what to do.
Bro you don't have to beat yourself down so bad, I'm just pointing out one flaw on one end of the calc, doesn't mean the whole thing needs to be scrapped. I don't think what you're doing is worthless, and I'd say the other parts of the blog are good enough to be looked at by a calc group member.

Yes, we appreciate that you are trying to help out.

Don't think I ever grabbed the fog shit, didn't think it was relevant, still not sure it is. I mean we don't get a timeframe for how fast it's created and I doubt it's even big enough to grab anything worthwhile in terms of numbers.

As for level 0, I thought those were already being used?
It's the oceanic area, he definitely created a lot of fog but the time frame was pretty long iirc. Should still be a good TK calc for his LS.

Aside from that I basically agree to everything the OP has suggested (that was accepted.)

Might as well say right here before anyone asks

The only things left to discuss are the London Feat scaling, Soul Release usability and Jet Crash validity

For the London Flood, it still needs to be argued how will such a feat rated in the profile
Soul Release is still in the discussion if it can be used or not
Ditto for Jet Crash

What do those entail exactly.
From what I understand, the use of those feats will determine whether the top-tier characters will be upgraded. For Alucard, the Soul Release, if accepted, would mean Alucard's Level 0 would be upgraded to 8-A, though I'm not sure about the London Fog feat and whether it can really scale as an AP value. In regards to the Jet Crash feat, it's basically just Alucard being able to endure the Blackbird crashing into a ship unharmed while in his Level 1 state, though people argue that he didn't actually withstand the crash and only regenerated instead.

Personally, I believe that Alucard managed to fully endure the attack. Alucard's Level 1 Straightjacket form is clearly shown to be significantly more powerful than his regular form and that of most other vampires, so it would make sense that it's in a different scale of power. Every time it's been shown, Alucard has managed to easily defeat his opponent, like when he went Level 1 against Luke Valentine, or more importantly, when he activated the form against Alhambra. Whereas before they were fighting evenly, Alucard easily broke his leg and managed to overpower him in a clash when Alhambra was using both his vampiric strength and his magically enhanced playing card.

In both the manga and the OVA, he was shown to be perfectly fine. Even though he does possess incredible regeneration, extensive damage which rips apart his body still takes at least several seconds to recover from. Alucard was shown to be getting up, appearing unharmed after having reverted to his previous level of power. The characters who should scale to this are Monster of God Anderson, due to Alucard having to enter his straightjacket form and displaying more visible effort compared to when he fought his other opponents. Vampire Walter should scale for being able to easily rip apart Alucard's body with his wires. Seras after drinking Pip's blood should downscale, since she was capable of resisting Anderson's flames and could stop Monster Anderson from finishing Alucard off with his bayonet, and The Captain should fully scale to the other top-tiers since he could easily overpower Seras, and was heavily implied to be holding back for most of the fight because he wanted to be killed.

Reaction times don't equal travel times. Example: Primarchs from 40k are Subsonic at best but have MFTL+ reactions
I know, it's just I'm not sure it'd be possible to dodge automatic fire in a narrow hall with just reaction speed. I'll see what other staff say. When I'm healthy enough I'll adjust the blog accordingly. I'm no good for it now. I almost wrote thing instead of blog because I forgot the word. I practically become the missing evolutionary link during these times; forgetful and stupid.
Bro you don't have to beat yourself down so bad
I get like that at times. I guess I'm always that way and it just comes up sometimes. Apologies, it wasn't professional.
I'm just pointing out one flaw on one end of the calc, doesn't mean the whole thing needs to be scrapped. I don't think what you're doing is worthless, and I'd say the other parts of the blog are good enough to be looked at by a calc group member.
I'm pretty sure the lower end being 8-C makes it worthless when other calculations are higher like the jet feat and maybe even the flooding. And I'm sure the soul calculation is meaningless too. No-one ever seems to care how many souls Alucard has. Either way, I'm not up to modifying the blog right now anyway, I'd mess it up for sure, and get sicker as well. I might wait for other staff input, but I can try the other speed ends when I'm not quite as worthless as I am at the moment.

I'm not sure if any changes will result in tiering, but I said above that I think only Dark Walter and possibly Nail Anderson, True Vampire Seras and the Captain scale to Alucard's straitjacket form. For whatever that's worth.

Edit: I'll have to take some time before making any adjustments. I'm obviously not capable of making smart decisions right now. Are you okay to wait for a few days? There's a chance it'll last longer, but this thread has dragged on already, and the fighter jet feat is better anyway if it can be used.

Last edited:
I get like that at times. I guess I'm always that way and it just comes up sometimes. Apologies, it wasn't professional.
It's fine.
I'm pretty sure the lower end being 8-C makes it worthless when other calculations are higher like the jet feat and maybe even the flooding. And I'm sure the soul calculation is meaningless too. No-one ever seems to care how many souls Alucard has. Either way, I'm not up to modifying the blog right now anyway, I'd mess it up for sure, and get sicker as well. I might wait for other staff input, but I can try the other speed ends when I'm not quite as worthless as I am at the moment.
Could still be a good supporting feat if nothing else. Not everything has to be set at a tier.
Edit: I'll have to take some time before making any adjustments. I'm obviously not capable of making smart decisions right now. Are you okay to wait for a few days? There's a chance it'll last longer, but this thread has dragged on already, and the fighter jet feat is better anyway if it can be used.
Sure, take your time.

What are the consensus conclusions here so far?

Okay. Has anybody asked about that in our calculation evaluation requests thread? Me summoning calc group members does frequently not lead anywhere nowadays.

Uh the guy said he wants some time to rework the calc so it's probably a bad idea to put it in there right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back