• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard (Hellsing) major CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bump. So curious, what's left for the revision thread? To decide how Alucard's regeneration works and how his souls can be translated to AP, or to accept the 8-B feat?

There's still some issues concerning whether to accept the plane crash feat, and I'd ideally like to make the regeneration blog before the thread concludes but it can be done after.

Last edited:
Hasn't the 8-B blog been evaluated and accepted already?
I'm not sure, but I do know that some calc group members agreed but DMUA rejected it raising two issues: that it used OVA footage that wasn't in the manga and that it was an outlier. I would have to say that the term outlier is overused in many versus forums including this one, in fact even an admin here has said it's just an excuse to dismiss high-end feats. However, in this case Alucard taking a hit that strong does have some issues, such as him being heavily damaged by a rocket propelled grenade mere seconds later.

Essentially the feat is based on Alucard's coffin taking the hit, and since the coffin never displayed regeneration it suggests durability, but since the coffin is connected to Alucard and has been shown to grow limbs and walk, it isn't impossible that it regenerates too. So even leaving aside outliers and PIS, there are two very clear issues: that the coffin might also be able to repair itself, and that the large explosion is only in the OVA.

Once again Alucard leaves us guessing like palaeontologists because his abilities are vaguely demonstrated and his feats vague as well, it really is like guessing what a dinosaur looked like by looking at small bone pieces that came from all different specimens of different sizes. He's something of an enigma, isn't he.

Okay, and if we consider that durability feat to either be an outlier or depend on regeneration, is there anything else left to do here?

I'm not sure, but I do know that some calc group members agreed but DMUA rejected it raising two issues: that it used OVA footage that wasn't in the manga and that it was an outlier. I would have to say that the term outlier is overused in many versus forums including this one, in fact even an admin here has said it's just an excuse to dismiss high-end feats. However, in this case Alucard taking a hit that strong does have some issues, such as him being heavily damaged by a rocket propelled grenade mere seconds later. Essentially the feat is based on Alucard's coffin taking the hit, and since the coffin never displayed regeneration it suggests durability, but since the coffin is connected to Alucard and has been shown to grow limbs and walk, it isn't impossible that it regenerates too. So even leaving aside outliers and PIS, there are two very clear issues: that the coffin might also be able to repair itself, and that the large explosion is only in the OVA.
I'm not sure what they're trying to say. The events of the OVA happened in the manga, and the same explosion took place, so I don't see why it would be considered an outlier, even if the angle of the explosion was different in the OVA or something. I already made this point in this thread previously, but Alucard was in Level 1 when he endured the explosion. He was clearly shown to be fine shortly after the explosion took place, and usually it takes at least half a minute or so for Alucard to recover from having his body obliterated, which should've happened when the plane exploded. So it was Alucard in his Level 1 state which took the explosion, but he immediately placed his restrictions back on, as he usually doesn't use his Level 1 form unless it's a very strong opponent. So he'd only be 8-B in his Level 1 state, and he'd remain 9-A in his regular form, so any damage he took from the grenades on the ship would make sense. I also believe the coffin enduring the explosion serves as further proof of the feat, for as you said, it's directly linked to him. Though when did Alucard's coffin ever grow limbs and walk around? I don't recall this ever happening in tthe series.
Once again Alucard leaves us guessing like palaeontologists because his abilities are vaguely demonstrated and his feats vague as well, it really is like guessing what a dinosaur looked like by looking at small bone pieces that came from all different specimens of different sizes. He's something of an enigma, isn't he.
Yes, he's indeed an enigma.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what they're trying to say. The events of the OVA happened in the manga, and the same explosion took place
The explosion wasn't entirely shown in the manga, and it was shown to be bigger in the OVA. It's not irrelevant, but it has some concerns.
I don't see why it would be considered an outlier
I personally think that if the only argument against a feat is that it's an outlier (not an obvious contradiction, which is different) that just means that at absolute worst the feat is good for a possibly rating, and it's probably usable.
I already made this point in his thread previously, but Alucard was in Level 1 when he endured the explosion.
Agreed, but the issue is that it's hard to be certain that the different forms have that much power difference. I guess they could have. Alucard's red coat form can fight Nail Anderson and his straitjacket form had some trouble with him still.
He was clearly shown to be fine shortly after the explosion took place, and usually it takes at least half a minute or so for Alucard to recover from having his body obliterated, which should've happened when the plane exploded.
It's hard to be sure, as Alucard noticeably regenerates in various ways for for visual effect. It isn't always the same. He seems to do it to scare his enemies.
the coffin enduring the explosion serves as further proof of the feat, for as you said, it's directly linked to him. Though when did Alucard's coffin ever grow limbs and walk around? I don't recall this ever happening in tthe series.
It happens in The Dawn. Granted Alucard was sitting on it at the time, and was in a childlike state of mind at the time, hence the girlycard form.

The explosion wasn't entirely shown in the manga, and it was shown to be bigger in the OVA. It's not irrelevant, but it has some concerns.
I guess, but again that has to do more with the manga images not fully showing the explosion than the size of the explosion
Agreed, but the issue is that it's hard to be certain that the different forms have that much power difference. I guess they could have. Alucard's red coat form can fight Nail Anderson and his straitjacket form had some trouble with him still.
Alucard's red coat form didn't really do the fighting. The only damage that Alucard inflicted on this form of Anderson was with the Jackal, but physically, Alucard never really traded blows with Nail Anderson. The Jackal was also specifically designed to fight against Anderson, so that's another notable point. The fact that Anderson instantly overpowered Alucard and stabbed his head with a bayonet before Alucard could react also goes to show the massive gap in power.
It's hard to be sure, as Alucard noticeably regenerates in various ways for for visual effect. It isn't always the same. He seems to do it to scare his enemies.
I mean sometimes, but generally it takes some time for full-body damage, like when Anderson critically injured him or when the Brazilian police attacked him.
It happens in The Dawn. Granted Alucard was sitting on it at the time, and was in a childlike state of mind at the time, hence the girlycard form.
Then it sounds like Alucard was controlling the coffin, not that the coffin was directly acting on its own.

So what should we do here then? Is the feat in question feasible to use or not?

So what should we do here then? Is the feat in question feasible to use or not?
I mean, I've already listed all the reasons why I think it should be used, and it would only scale to the top tiers like Nail Anderson, Level 1 Alucard, True Vampire Seras, Vampire Walter, and the Captain.

It is true, that while Alucard's red coat form has been overwhelmed a few times, his straitjacket form has only had trouble with Walter and Monster of God Anderson. And only True Vampire Seras and the Captain scale to that. So a tier jump between forms is possible.
The only times when Alucard's red coat form has been overwhelmed is when he fought Luke and took severe damage, but even then he was just having fun with Luke, and then against Alhambra, his main trouble was with the nature of Alhambra's cards which negated his regeneration. In both of those cases, once he entered his Level 1 state, he completely overwhelmed them, so yea, I think that's enough evidence for a tier jump.

The only times when Alucard's red coat form has been overwhelmed is when he fought Luke and took severe damage, but even then he was just having fun with Luke, and then against Alhambra, his main trouble was with the nature of Alhambra's cards which negated his regeneration. In both of those cases, once he entered his Level 1 state, he completely overwhelmed them, so yea, I think that's enough evidence for a tier jump.
He also got overwhelmed by Anderson a few times and had some trouble with Rip Van Winkle. And I can't say what's there is evidence of a tier jump, just nothing strongly contradicting one. While I think of it, Walter clearly dropped from being a match for straitjacket Alucard as Dark Walter to being a match for red coat and girl Alucard as young Walter, so a separate key for him would be needed if we say there's a few tiers of difference between the forms.

He also got overwhelmed by Anderson a few times and had some trouble with Rip Van Winkle. And I can't say what's there is evidence of a tier jump, just nothing strongly contradicting one. While I think of it, Walter clearly dropped from being a match for straitjacket Alucard as Dark Walter to being a match for red coat and girl Alucard as young Walter, so a separate key for him would be needed if we say there's a few tiers of difference between the forms.
The examples you listed are more of just showing those fighters are comparable in strength to Alucard. Like Rip Van Winkle was at least comparable to Red Coat Alucard since she withstood his punch and could damage Alucard with her weapon. Anderson also physically scales to Red Coat Alucard, since they both traded punches and made each other bleed from their strikes.

With Walter, it’s clear that his vampiric procedure was incomplete, which caused his body to deteriorate and revert him to when he was a teenager. By that point, he’d become much weaker, and I believe Alucard noticed that, which is why he chose to take on his female form as a callback to when he took that form several decades ago and to show Walter was no longer a match for him.

You’re right that the evidence I’ve provided with doesn’t exactly prove there is tier jumping, but I think it’s enough to show that a tier jump isn’t implausible or just an outlier. I’m still in favor of upgrading the top tiers to 8-B.

Last edited:
The examples you listed are more of just showing those fighters are comparable in strength to Alucard. Like Rip Van Winkle was at least comparable to Red Coat Alucard since she withstood his punch and could damage Alucard with her weapon. Anderson also physically scales to Red Coat Alucard, since they both traded punches and made each other bleed from their strikes.

With Walter, it’s clear that his vampiric procedure was incomplete, which caused his body to deteriorate and revert him to when he was a teenager. By that point, he’d become much weaker, and I believe Alucard noticed that, which is why he chose to take on his female form as a callback to when he took that form several decades ago and to show Walter was no longer a match for him.

You’re right that the evidence I’ve provided with doesn’t exactly prove there is tier jumping, but I think it’s enough to show that a tier jump isn’t implausible or just an outlier. I’m still in favor of upgrading the top tiers to 8-B.
I'm not arguing against it. I'm just listing all the relevant information concerning the subject. To be honest, I think straitjacket Alucard could possibly scale to the telekinesis feats as well. It seems to me that each form represents a part of Alucard, with red coat representing his commitment to the Hellsing family, girl form representing his childish side and also his desire to be someone besides himself, and straitjacket representing his unbridled monstrous side, hence why his girl form is the most flamboyant and his straitjacket form is the strongest.

Last edited:
I mean, if we're cool with it, then I don't see why we shouldn't upgrade the tiers then if all the other matters in this thread have been decided. If you want, I can start applying the changes to the pages.

I mean, if we're cool with it, then I don't see why we shouldn't upgrade the tiers then if all the other matters in this thread have been decided. If you want, I can start applying the changes to the pages.
YES PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAVE US ALL FROM THIS TORMENT

I see no issue with continuing to apply the changes.

YES PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD SAVE US ALL FROM THIS TORMENT

I see no issue with continuing to apply the changes.
Cool. Another thing that I'm not sure was mentioned in this thread, or maybe it was but I forgot: is Alucard's 8-B telekinesis feat still accepted, or has it been deemed invalid?

I can start making the changes for the top tiers, and if there's anything I missed or forgot to add in the ability section, then anyone here feel free to add it or correct me.

Edit: A few other things to talk about in this thread that haven't been brought up are a few extra abilities for Alucard. I'm looking over the sandbox that was made by @The_Pink_God back when he first made this thread, and in that sandbox a few extra abilities are listed on Alucard's page.

Fear Manipulation (His mere presence was enough to make dozens of soldiers to tremble and panic. Without even getting into action Alucard could make Rip Van Winkle kneel in despair) . In my opinion, that evidence isn't really that strong, since the soldiers already knew something was off with Alucard as an entire battalion of soldiers had been sent in and didn't come back, and Rip Van Winkle already knew full well of how powerful Alucard was and what he could do. Some stronger evidence for Alucard having fear manipulation is him being comparable to Seras Victoria. Once she became a complete vampire, her presence was enough to make an army of Nazi vampires tremble in fear despite the fact that they were all battle-hardened soldiers who were willing to charge into gunfire and grenades without a moment's hesitation.

Analytical Prediction (Vampires can precisely calculate and predetermine their opponents moves to react accordingly). I think that this reasoning makes sense due to the enhanced senses vampires possess, though not sure what everyone else thinks.

Blood Manipulation (Flooded all of London with a tsunami of blood) Pretty straightforward here.

Natural Weaponry (Claws and fangs), Weapon Mastery, Corruption (As a vampire, Alucard can make other people vampire or ghoul by sucking their blood). Another straightforward addition.

Regeneration (High-Mid, Reattached his arm. Regenerated his head. Regenerated his whole body getting shot until his bones appeared twice. Low-High with souls. Reformed his body from sheer blood). Not sure how everyone else feels, but I agree with this reasoning, as there's heavy implication that the vast number of souls in his body give him regeneration that most vampires don't possess, and that after releasing all those souls with Level 0, he was left in a vulnerable state where it would be easier to kill him than usual.

How do others feel about this?

Last edited:
The proposals seem fine. If Alucard and Seras have fear manipulation it should also follow that Anderson, Walter and obviously Alucard and Seras themselves also have resistance to it. There is a concern with the plane crash feat that the calc group are divided on it. I don't have an issue with it, but DMUA does. Migue79 and CloverDragon03 seem to have accepted it though. I'll try to do my soul numbers blog today, in a couple hours.

The proposals seem fine. If Alucard and Seras have fear manipulation it should also follow that Anderson, Walter and obviously Alucard and Seras themselves also have resistance to it. There is a concern with the plane crash feat that the calc group are divided on it. I don't have an issue with it, but DMUA does. Migue79 and CloverDragon03 seem to have accepted it though. I'll try to do my soul numbers blog today, in a couple hours.
Okay. That seems fine then.

Blog is done. Sorry for the delay.
@Crabwhale @CiscoTheSoto @The_Pink_God @XSOULOFCINDERX @LIFE_OF_KING

Does this seem reasonable to you?

Here is an example of how to link to blogs from Monkey D. Luffy's page:

''''Relativistic''' (Far faster than his [[Monkey D. Luffy (Pre-Timeskip)|younger self]], [[User blog:USklaverei/Luffy avoids Kuma's beam|who dodged a laser]]. While tired, he kept up with [[Cavendish (One Piece)|Cavendish]])

And here is an example of how to link to calculations in verse pages:

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Harry_Potter_(Verse)#Calculations

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE NOW IS THE THINGS ACCEPTED, SUCH AS THE FLOODING CALCULATION AND THE LEVEL 0 CALC, TO BE APPLIED UNTO THE SANDBOX, AND ONCE EVERYTHING IS THERE, MOVE THAT TO BE THE CURRENT ALUCARD PAGE
ALSO I'M ALMOST SURE THE PLANE CRASH WAS ACCEPTED

WHAT SHOULD BE DONE NOW IS THE THINGS ACCEPTED, SUCH AS THE FLOODING CALCULATION AND THE LEVEL 0 CALC, TO BE APPLIED UNTO THE SANDBOX, AND ONCE EVERYTHING IS THERE, MOVE THAT TO BE THE CURRENT ALUCARD PAGE
ALSO I'M ALMOST SURE THE PLANE CRASH WAS ACCEPTED
There's a little button on the left side of your keyboard called Caps Lock. I think you might want to press it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back