• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alucard (Hellsing) major CRT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for helping out. It is appreciated.

Probably not, but doesn't he already have higher statistics?

Someone should also calculate the feat of him creating enough fog to cover an oceanic area.

Also why is the speed of a river being used? The blood seems to be traveling a lot faster than that, especially in the OVA.

Thank you for helping out. The result can probably be used then.

Okay. I thought that you just needed to apply the accepted calculation results.

Anyway, can somebody write a list of the members who helped previously in this discussion thread, so I can send a notification to them?

oh, and one last thing is how exactly should Alucard's flooding London feat should be scaled
Like, should it be scaled to his physicals or not?

Okay, my thoughts on the following:

Abstract Existence:

Alucard doesn't embody a concept and neither does Schrodinger, nor do they have some deep connection to a concept. So this seems unsubstantiated unless I'm misunderstanding Abstract Existence.

Non-existent Physiology:

I can see the argument here, that Alucard ceased to be physically present after absorbing Schrodinger. The issue is, the argument being made, with the evidence being a series of statements I already listed, is that Alucard's body and soul both became completely non-existent. The soul part is based on Alucard being able to destroy his own souls while in that state. The problem is that souls are never shown to have a physical presence in the first place in Hellsing, and are never shown to be able to take any action without a body or even exist as ghosts. The quotes being used are listed here.

The argument for Schrodinger's abilities are mostly statements. The only feats are that Alucard used it to return after being erased, and Schrodinger appearing in Zorin's mental attack on Seras to speak to Zorin.

The Major's statements describing Schrodinger, succinctly, are:

That he is "everywhere and nowhere"

That he exists in "a world where existence is equivocal/ambiguous"

When Alucard is erased he is referred to as being "imaginary numbers"

The other thing is that while in that state Alucard was able to destroy his own souls, possibly by damaging himself.

The above statements and event are being suggested to prove that Alucard's body and soul were in a state of non-existence after he was erased, which would result in Non-Existent Physiology for both his body and soul, and would lead to Mid-Godly regeneration.

It should be considered that the "everywhere" part of "everywhere and nowhere" is already accepted to be hyperbole, so the statements are already less than 100% fact, and souls are never shown to have a physical or earthly presence in Hellsing.
^^The statements regarding Schrodinger are listed here, as is some extra reasoning for the problems with it, or at very least extending it to his soul.

TL;DR: My assessment is that the statements and achievements pertaining to Schrodinger's abilities could just as easily be achieved by Alucard losing his body and being a disembodied soul, which is already the idea behind his low godly regeneration. In addition, non-existent physiology being combat applicable, or even qualifying as an ability the character possesses, would generally imply a character can harm others without even existing, something Alucard very obviously can't do, or at least control whether they exist or not, as in deciding not to exist and then bringing themself back to existence at will. Schrodinger was never shown to be able to choose not to exist and then bring himself back. And as outlined above, the non-existent physiology is based on taking specific words used in statements literally that are parts of a monologue which is already accepted to contain hyperbolic statements; the "everywhere" part of "everywhere and nowhere" is already accepted to be exaggerated due to Schrodinger clearly not being omnipresent.

The Flooding Feat:

Isn't there already a better one? And if nothing else it might scale to Alucard's telekinesis, although I suspect his telekinesis is where the better feat comes from unless it's that plane crash feat. His feat of telekinetically moving a ship a few knotts through the water is there.

Last edited:
Random-Helper makes sense to me in his last post above. Also, Schrödinger and Alucard should preferably have their nigh-omnipresences replaced with multipresence instead.

Schrödinger and Alucard should preferably have their nigh-omnipresences replaced with multipresence instead.
Are you referring to the body being in one place while some other aspect of them is located somewhere else? If that qualifies as Multipresence then I think I agree. Or do they have to be able to physically appear in two places at once?

If it has to be physical, Schrodinger and Alucard can appear in any place at any time, but as far as I can recall neither of them demonstrated an ability to physically appear in two places at one time. Schrodinger's ability to appear physically in places functions more like teleportation or projection.

What do you think?

Okay. Then it may function more as advanced teleportation and regeneration in combination, yes.
It's hard to define exactly how it works. It is described as omnipresence but is clearly not, and it functions a bit like they're projecting themselves to a location but I don't think there's any ability that fits that description. As frustrating as it is, I agree, I think the best way to describe it is as a teleportation with worldwide range, and list the regeneration separately.

It has occurred to me that a limited form of Subjective Reality that only has an effect on Alucard himself could be a possibility.

Subjective Reality doesn't seem to fit, but feel free to apply the other changes that we agreed about above to the Alucard and Schrödinger pages.

Subjective Reality doesn't seem to fit, but feel free to apply the other changes that we agreed about above to the Alucard and Schrödinger pages.
It was just a thought. I do know Subjective Reality is a far more powerful ability, and all things considered we simply don't know enough about Schrodinger's abilities to say much.

The sandbox does need editing, but the only change to the pages you and I agreed on was changing nigh-omnipresence to teleportation. In regards to NEP and AE, I was suggesting keeping the pages unchanged. But I can do the teleportation changes, I think.

Yeah, idk where this is coming from, Schrodinger's power seems to be a lot more than just 'teleportation'.

He was literally the entire central piece for erasing Alucard from existence. He's based on the Schrodinger Cat principle, and the countless statements of him being everywhere and nowhere definitely shows hes nigh omnipresent (no showings of being able to travel through time). Nigh of course being very blunt, and saying hes not truly omnipresent, but has that sort of realm of power.
Hes always just been limited to the Majors plan, so theres no 'going out to space' but the guy literally cant die or be killed cause he pops back up nowhere.

Like ik Hellsing doesnt elaborate at all and leaves it all a mystery, but Schrodingers power literally enables him to be 'everywhere and nowhere', on the level that he borders existence and reality. Its definitely not just teleportation. Schrodinger clearly isnt on a physical level either, and was shown to be able to enter other realms than just the physical world, like he did with Zorin's mind.

This power he has definitely is related to whether he 'exists', and as such he exists anywhere and nowhere, constantly explained by not only himself but the character who made him this way. It clearly extends his bounds past basic teleportation. And his physical body clearly isnt his a vessel he relies on and more an avatar like Omnipresent characters can have. Thats why Nigh-Omnipresent at least to me seems to fit

Last edited:
Being omnipresent according to our standards means actually encompassing all of reality at the same time. Schrödinger was apparently not handled in that manner at all.

Nigh-Omnipresent, not actually Omnipresent.

Nigh-Omnipresent accepts the limitations of this power to be omnipresent, but he has clearly shown to be able to transport to more planes of 'reality' than the physical world, because he intruded Zorins mind/memories (Which might even be a speculation of the time travelling aspect). A.k.a something that shouldnt really be tangible.

Its a shaky term i agree but Its so clearly emphasised that Schrodinger is 'everywhere and nowhere', and this works on a basic fundamental existence level. Its not so conventional that its 'teleportation', and was literally the only way in verse anyone could get rid of Alucard. Even temporarily.

It was originally low-godly Regen, but i decided to make it Mid-Godly because as shown with Alucard using his power, you could bring yourself back from existence erasure as long as he was aware of himself again. Thinking about it now, its likely to not count as permanent existence erasure, because Alucard was still capable of killing all those souls all over again so that Schrodinger could be aware of himself. So that i can concede, but definitely dont agree with changing it to 'Instant Teleportation'. Thats only one aspect of what he can do.

Last edited:
I do genuinely feel its fine to call it 'Nigh-Omnipresence' while outlining how his power actually works like an Omnipresent being, but obviously not calling him a true Omnipresent.
Nigh-Omnipresent i figured was always the blanket term for powers like this

I suppose its accurate to call it Quantum Immortality/Uncertainty, since thats what the Schrodinger Cat principle actually is, but that doesnt account for the fact he's 'everywhere and nowhere' because of it.

Abstract Existence:

Alucard doesn't embody a concept and neither does Schrodinger, nor do they have some deep connection to a concept. So this seems unsubstantiated unless I'm misunderstanding Abstract Existence.
I'm gonna say this here and now because it kind of is giving me the nerves
No, aren't obligated to have anything related to a concept to have AE, the name of the power is Abstract Existence, not Conceptual Existence
You would need to embody and/or be something Abstract in nature for you to have AE, and while yes, Concepts are abstract, their not the only thing abstract in all of everything
Hell even thoughts and dreams are abstract in nature
Do you know what's also abstract in nature? A set of imaginary numbers for example, so Alucard being a set of imaginary numbers should be enough for AE, even if no concept is involved

Do you know what's also abstract in nature? A set of imaginary numbers for example, so Alucard being a set of imaginary numbers should be enough for AE, even if no concept is involved
That statement comes from a monologue that is already accepted to not be fully literal or even totally reliable. The same monologue already stretched "he can be wherever he wants" to "he is simultaneously everywhere and nowhere". I don't know if we should interpret an honestly far less direct statement about being imaginary information to automatically make him an abstract being.
Its so clearly emphasised that Schrodinger is 'everywhere and nowhere', and this works on a basic fundamental existence level. Its not so conventional that its 'teleportation', and was literally the only way in verse anyone could get rid of Alucard. Even temporarily.
The everywhere part is contradicted though. So the statement being literal is very questionable at best. And "he is everywhere and nowhere" is a far more direct and unambiguous statement than "he is a set of imaginary numbers", and the former statement has been demonstrated to be not entirely literal.
It was originally low-godly Regen, but i decided to make it Mid-Godly because as shown with Alucard using his power, you could bring yourself back from existence erasure as long as he was aware of himself again. Thinking about it now, its likely to not count as permanent existence erasure, because Alucard was still capable of killing all those souls all over again so that Schrodinger could be aware of himself.
Unless the existence erasure also erases his soul, returning from that is still Low Godly rather than Mid Godly.
So that i can concede, but definitely dont agree with changing it to 'Instant Teleportation'. Thats only one aspect of what he can do.
The issue is that no ability encompasses it accurately. I also hate having to list it as teleportation, but that is the only thing Schrodinger has been shown to do with it, and the major's statements are hyperbolic already. All while nigh-omnipresence still refers to being in more than one place at one time. Referring to it as an ability to teleport to any location on the planet or perhaps universe technically covers the things it is shown to be able to do. Schrodinger has a very serious problem of not showing us any of his implied abilities, and Post-Schrodinger Alucard sadly only exists for a few pages.

Appearing in Zorin's mind does prove his body doesn't have to be physical, but technically that is an ability called immersion, if I'm not mistaken. Useful if Alucard wants to hide from an enemy inside their own mind, I guess. An ability to troll his enemies even more than he already does, and a way of being the most maddening wall imaginable in a battle.

Last edited:
How is the everywhere part contradicted? Where has it been shown that he cant be somewhere instantly. I hope you arent talking about that one gag about the handbook, cause thats not really anything to have taken seriously and just wanted to capture Schrodingers more childish nature.

Yeah, i can concede it can be Low-Godly, since the soul clearly wasn't 'all erased' and Alucard managed to come back eventually.

I disagree. Nigh-Omnipresence is listed and accounted for on the Omnipresence page, which can easily be an umbrella term for characters who are clearly meant to be omnipresent in their verse, but obviously limited by conventional Omnipresence. Im not sure in the context of Hellsing that you would need to travel to Space or anything, since the story is isolated to Earth and Schrodinger was only ever used for the Majors plan. Its not disproven he cant travel this far, so i don't see why it wouldnt be accounted for as 'everywhere'. His physical body likely cant survive the outwards of space, but that doesnt mean he cant travel there

Immersion, but its still apart of his main Schrodinger's Cat Quantum Immortality power. Not like its a completely separate Hax ability in its own right, its still part of his Nigh Omnipresence

Last edited:
How is the everywhere part contradicted? Where has it been shown that he cant be somewhere instantly. I hope you arent talking about that one gag about the handbook, cause thats not really anything to have taken seriously and just wanted to capture Schrodingers more childish nature.
I'd be somewhat inclined to agree and dismiss it as a gag scene, but it is still canon, and has been agreed prior to prove Schrodinger can't be everywhere at once or it would be impossible to lose his book and not be able to find it. It's not an issue of not being able to be somewhere instantly. Omnipresence means being everywhere all at once. If Schrodinger was completely omnipresent he'd be aware of everything all at once because he'd be present for it.
Yeah, i can concede it can be Low-Godly, since the soul clearly wasn't 'all erased' and Alucard managed to come back eventually.
The problem is the non-existent souls ability being argued for would ultimately lead to Mid-Godly.
I disagree. Nigh-Omnipresence is listed and accounted for on the Omnipresence page, which can easily be an umbrella term for characters who are clearly meant to be omnipresent in their verse, but obviously limited by conventional Omnipresence.
Quote from Omnipresence page:

"Nigh-Omnipresence is when somebody is almost everywhere at once. An example of this includes being Omnipresent within a city or a planet."

This still refers to an ability to be in every place at one time. Schrodinger's ability was shown to allow him to choose to be in any one place he wanted at any time, but he was never shown to be able to be present in more than one place at one time.
Im not sure in the context of Hellsing that you would need to travel to Space or anything, since the story is isolated to Earth and Schrodinger was only ever used for the Majors plan.
I'm not sure. It'd certainly help. It doesn't help that he's never shown even appearing high in the sky or anything. He never appears anywhere that couldn't be reached by any other means. So it's difficult to know.
Its not disproven he cant travel this far, so i don't see why it wouldnt be accounted for as 'everywhere'.
I realise that you don't intend it this way, but this is technically a no-limits fallacy. If we assume he can do things just because he hasn't been proven unable to, we're essentially trying to prove a negative.
His physical body likely cant survive the outwards of space, but that doesnt mean he cant travel there
Maybe he can, but we don't know. He might be limited to the planet. He might even be physically limited to locations it would be possible to travel to through conventional means. The meeting room, it's technically possible to walk in, the ship, it'd be possible to go to on a plane or boat and the ship would have been docked at some point. And when he entered Zorin's mind, he showed no ability to take physical action, meaning he might have been unable to do so, and therefore not physical in nature. If he could enter minds then attack the enemy from inside their mind you'd think that could give Millennium a few free kills, such as the Queen for example. This is the problem here. Schrodinger's abilities are very poorly defined.
Immersion, but its still apart of his main Schrodinger's Cat Quantum Immortality power. Not like its a completely separate Hax ability in its own right, its still part of his Nigh Omnipresence
It is part of the same nature, but with Schrodinger having never shown any use of his alleged omnipresence other than teleporting and that immersion, and with Schrodinger being shown to be able to lose his book and then not be able to find it even while getting flustered, which ends with him sharing the captain's book rather than simply being everywhere including where the book is and having it instantly, this seems to be the best way to list it. Just because his paradoxical nature gives him multiple abilities doesn't mean we have to combine them into a new one.

Last edited:
I'd be somewhat inclined to agree and dismiss it as a gag scene, but it is still canon, and has been agreed prior to prove Schrodinger can't be everywhere at once or it would be impossible to lose his book and not be able to find it. It's not an issue of not being able to be somewhere instantly. Omnipresence means being everywhere all at once. If Schrodinger was completely omnipresent he'd be aware of everything all at once because he'd be present for it.
Gag scenes are all canon, but that doesnt mean we take them at complete face value. Just because its there, doesnt mean it has to correlate. Its like taking PIS scenes to heart. Theres also speculation that he was only doing it to share with The Captain, since it didnt make sense at all for him to lose the handbook. I dont think its enough to discredit.
This scene also wasnt in the manga, only the OVA if i recall.

The problem is the non-existent souls ability being argued for would ultimately lead to Mid-Godly.
Then let it be mid-godly, but clearly the existence concept wasnt a full wipe from all existence, or it was at least temporary. It took place in 'Limbo' if i recall.
Theres also the possibility that it only acted this way due to Alucards absorption of the power.
I'll have to check the page for that, but omnipresence in general refers to an ability to be in every place at one time. Even your own wording here indicates that nigh-omnipresence still means being in almost all places at once. Schrodinger's ability was shown to allow him to choose to be in any one place he wanted at any time, but he was never shown to be able to be present in more than one place at one time.
Nigh-Omnipresence would fall for that, since it seems only Schrodingers physical form is limited to appearing in one place at a time, but that doesn't mean hes not 'everywhere and nowhere' as clearly emphasised and what the Schrodinger's Cat principle hes based on represents. Hence Nigh-Omnipresence, since Schrodingers physical form isnt his real body as an Incorporeal character
I'm not sure. It'd certainly help. It doesn't help that he's never shown even appearing high in the sky or anything. He never appears anywhere that couldn't be reached by any other means. So it's difficult to know.
He's never needed to, hes shown to be able to exist on nonexistent planes which shows itself that its not just limited to Planet Earth. He can obviously teleport himself to different altitudes, but his physical body clearly couldnt handle being in space, or high in the sky, so it would be a waste of time
I realise that you don't intend it this way, but this is technically a no-limits fallacy. If we assume he can do things just because he hasn't been proven unable to, we're essentially trying to prove a negative.

I'd agree if this character hasnt been so clearly emphasised as 'everywhere and nowhere', and was the reason for Alucards erasure. For characters like this, we shouldnt discredit just because they havent shown to be in certain exact spaces, we just know Schrodingers body is likely limited on where it can survive. Space was never necessary for Hellsing and had no reason to show Schrodinger there, so i dont know if its fair to say he couldnt go there even if his body cant survive it, and not make it a reason to rule out the nigh-omnipresence he has on an existence-based level.
I'm also only calling it nigh because Schrodinger has never shown to be able to travel through time, though theres the slight speculation since he appeared in Seras' memories when confronting Zorin
Maybe he can, but we don't know. He might be limited to the planet. He might even be physically limited to locations it would be possible to travel to through conventional means. The meeting room, it's technically possible to walk in, the ship, it'd be possible to go to on a plane or boat and the ship would have been docked at some point. And when he entered Zorin's mind, he showed no ability to take physical action, meaning he might have been unable to do so, and therefore not physical in nature. If he could enter minds then attack the enemy from inside their mind you'd think that could give Millennium a few free kills, such as the Queen for example. This is the problem here. Schrodinger's abilities are very poorly defined.

Very much doubt hes limited by physical space if he can enter mindscapes. That should be enough of an indicator that this power does not work like teleportation and only in one plane. He was physically interacting with Zorin's plane, as shown as he was crawling out of the memory hole, and he was only there to 'deliver a message' and let Seras kill Zorin. He wasn't there to harm Zorin himself so its unfair to say he couldnt have 'done anything'. Im not saying he could attack the mind physically either, but its living proof that Schrodinger doesnt just exist by physical means, hence he shouldnt be seen as limited to space. Alucards very existence was at fret, and its based on the Schrodinger Cat principle
It is part of the same nature, but with Schrodinger having never shown any use of his alleged omnipresence other than teleporting and that immersion, and with Schrodinger being shown to be able to lose his book and then not be able to find it even while getting flustered, which ends with him sharing the captain's book rather than simply being everywhere including where the book is and having it instantly, this seems to be the best way to list it. Just because his paradoxical nature gives him multiple abilities doesn't mean we have to combine them into a new one.
I mean he has. He was the main Spy for Major, being able to have Dandymans 'blood' tell him where Alucard and all that were during the Queen scene. Perhaps he has to search for people, but it clearly doesnt take him long. He knows everything thats going on, where to find all the characters and what they were doing, but since the Major is the one taking the orders, he's the one making the plan.
The handbook was played for gags to address his playful nature, since he obviously is a mischievous character and could have easily only been pretending. I really dont think that added scene from the OVA is enough to discredit it, and Nigh-Omnipresence nonetheless is a much better fit that 'Instant teleportation', since it at least outlines a resemblence to what Omnipresence is and what Schrodinger was meant to do.

His multiple abilities all stem from the same power though. Being 'everywhere and nowhere', which is generally a term used for omnipresence. Theyre more applications. Hes an incorporeal character who was working on a reality/existence based level. Its not just a physical existence like what 'teleportation' seems to suggest, hes literally just nigh Omnipresent.

Gag scenes are all canon, but that doesnt mean we take them at complete face value. Just because its there, doesnt mean it has to correlate. Its like taking PIS scenes to heart. Theres also speculation that he was only doing it to share with The Captain, since it didnt make sense at all for him to lose the handbook. I dont think its enough to discredit.
Those sorts of scenes are a matter for debate, but there's a difference between a gag or PIS scene that contradicts clearly established abilities, like Bulma hurting Goku with her slaps right after Goku takes hits from Beerus, as opposed to a scene that only contradicts a vague statement that he is everywhere. Even the fact that he needed Tubalcain's blood to find the meeting room contradicts omnipresence, because an omnipresent character would already be in the meeting room, would always be in the meeting room, and would simultaneously be everywhere else as well. Claiming a character who needs essentially a tracking beacon to find a meeting room, and who can lose his book and then be unable to find it, is everywhere all at once seems like a tall order to me.
This scene also wasnt in the manga, only the OVA if i recall.
A moment ago I was looking at the manga panel it occurs on. Page 167 is written on the bottom of it.
Then let it be mid-godly, but clearly the existence concept wasnt a full wipe from all existence, or it was at least temporary. It took place in 'Limbo' if i recall.
Which technically still proves Alucard's soul still exists. When a character is erased and then regenerates, we shouldn't assume their soul was erased too. We need evidence that their soul was erased along with their body. In Alucard's case we have the opposite, he needed to kill his extra souls which counts as evidence that his soul still existed and thus wasn't erased. He regenerated from a disembodied soul, which is Low-Godly.
Nigh-Omnipresence would fall for that, since it seems only Schrodingers physical form is limited to appearing in one place at a time, but that doesn't mean hes not 'everywhere and nowhere' as clearly emphasised and what the Schrodinger's Cat principle hes based on represents. Hence Nigh-Omnipresence, since Schrodingers physical form isnt his real body as an Incorporeal character
He lost his book and couldn't find it, and needed a tracking beacon to find the meeting room. If he was omnipresent in an ethereal state he would know where everything is or at very least could easily find it. I do like the theory that his true self is a disembodied soul. Unfortunately Hellsing didn't even bother to show us that much, and as much as I like it we can't prove it, and his soul being in his blood to be consumed by Alucard contradicts it.
He's never needed to, hes shown to be able to exist on nonexistent planes which shows itself that its not just limited to Planet Earth. He can obviously teleport himself to different altitudes, but his physical body clearly couldnt handle being in space, or high in the sky, so it would be a waste of time
Technically the mindscape is a mental plane, not non-existent. That is why I'm bringing up immersion.
I'd agree if this character hasnt been so clearly emphasised as 'everywhere and nowhere',
I'd agree if we didn't have two seperate events that tell us he isn't everywhere all at once.
For characters like this, we shouldnt discredit just because they havent shown to be in certain exact spaces
That's not what I'm doing. I'm saying that if Schrodinger showed those abilities it would better define how his power worked. I'm not saying "he never went to the moon and never popped out of Walter's toilet bowl therefore he can't go everywhere", I'm saying he has been shown to not know where everything is and to be unable to find things or need help finding them, and his nature is very vague so we don't know exactly where he can go and what the rules are concerning it.
Space was never necessary for Hellsing and had no reason to show Schrodinger there, so i dont know if its fair to say he couldnt go there even if his body cant survive it, and not make it a reason to rule out the nigh-omnipresence he has on an existence-based level. I'm also only calling it nigh because Schrodinger has never shown to be able to travel through time, though theres the slight speculation since he appeared in Seras' memories when confronting Zorin.
The omnipresence is not contradicted because he never went to space. It's contradicted because omnipresence means being everywhere at once, and Schrodinger needed help finding a meeting room, couldn't find his lost book or even remember where he left it, and when he died his entire essence was in his blood and body or else Alucard couldn't have absorbed it. Not what I'd expect from a being whose true self actually encompassed the entire universal space-time continuum.
Very much doubt hes limited by physical space if he can enter mindscapes. That should be enough of an indicator that this power does not work like teleportation and only in one plane
That's why I brought up immersion as part of his paradoxical nature.
. He was physically interacting with Zorin's plane, as shown as he was crawling out of the memory hole, and he was only there to 'deliver a message' and let Seras kill Zorin. He wasn't there to harm Zorin himself so its unfair to say he couldnt have 'done anything'. Im not saying he could attack the mind physically either, but its living proof that Schrodinger doesnt just exist by physical means, hence he shouldnt be seen as limited to space.
Sort of like Casper the Friendly Ghost sitting down. Unless he actually moves anything we can't be certain he can interact with everything. What you're describing still qualifies as immersion. Unless he was also in the minds of every single person in the world, while also in literally every location in the world, we can't really call that omnipresence. Even nigh-omnipresence requires being in every place at once on a smaller scale.
I mean he has. He was the main Spy for Major, being able to have Dandymans 'blood' tell him where Alucard and all that were during the Queen scene.
What other reality defying movement has he made using his ability? Being a lead spy and tracking blood to a location he couldn't find otherwise doesn't tell us he's everywhere at once.
. He knows everything thats going on, where to find all the characters and what they were doing,
By his own admission and demonstrated by his own actions he doesn't. If he knows everything that's going on and can always find everyone and what they're doing, why doesn't he know where his book is and why did he need Tubalcain's blood to find the meeting room?
The handbook was played for gags to address his playful nature, since he obviously is a mischievous character and could have easily only been pretending. I really dont think that added scene from the OVA is enough to discredit it
Not an added scene from the OVA, I just read it from the manga.
, and Nigh-Omnipresence nonetheless is a much better fit that 'Instant teleportation', since it at least outlines a resemblence to what Omnipresence is and what Schrodinger was meant to do.
I don't like calling it teleportation either. It's very annoying to me. But it also happens to be what Schrodinger is shown to do with his power. He's not shown to be everywhere at once, is in fact shown to not be aware of everything at once and unable to find things, and is shown to have all his "essence" inside his body when Alucard eats it and absorbs all of Schrodinger. If Schrodinger's soul was omnipresent and completely independant of his body his soul should have been everywhere rather than all in the body.
His multiple abilities all stem from the same power though
Omnipresence is a very shaky thing here, which is why we're looking at what Schrodinger has actually shown us he can do.
. Being 'everywhere and nowhere', which is generally a term used for omnipresence.
Except that Schrodinger has himself contradicted that statement in a literal sense.
Theyre more applications. Hes an incorporeal character who was working on a reality/existence based level. Its not just a physical existence like what 'teleportation' seems to suggest
I'd rather describe his abilities as a disembodied soul that projects a body wherever he wants, but no such ability is on the Wiki except incorporeality combined with teleportation. It certainly doesn't help that his soul which was supposedly encompassing the entire universe was shown to be entirely in his body, and was shown to be unable to find things.

Those sorts of scenes are a matter for debate, but there's a difference between a gag or PIS scene that contradicts clearly established abilities, like Bulma hurting Goku with her slaps right after Goku takes hits from Beerus, as opposed to a scene that only contradicts a vague statement that he is everywhere. Even the fact that he needed Tubalcain's blood to find the meeting room contradicts omnipresence, because an omnipresent character would already be in the meeting room, would always be in the meeting room, and would simultaneously be everywhere else as well. Claiming a character who needs essentially a tracking beacon to find a meeting room, and who can lose his book and then be unable to find it, is everywhere all at once seems like a tall order to me.

I mean, its a very reinforced statement. Idk how you can exactly 'show' you're an omnipresent being without a statement.
And no, it doesn't, cause its still Nigh Omnipresence if you can literally find blood within Alucard and go towards it. Its all apart of him being everywhere.
Again, this is Nigh-Omnipresence. Theres faults with it, but its the general gist.
He didn't need the tracking beacon, he just needed to know where they were. Even if hes omnipresent, it doesnt necessarily mean he has to know exatly whats going on all the time everywhere. But if he does, he can instantly find that info.

Its a 'tall order' because you want to base it off a gag scene that was included for gag and character expression. Its rly not applicable or comparable to Schrodingers role in the series.
A moment ago I was looking at the manga panel it occurs on. Page 167 is written on the bottom of it.
Seen it nvm then
Which technically still proves Alucard's soul still exists. When a character is erased and then regenerates, we shouldn't assume their soul was erased too. We need evidence that their soul was erased along with their body. In Alucard's case we have the opposite, he needed to kill his extra souls which counts as evidence that his soul still existed and thus wasn't erased. He regenerated from a disembodied soul, which is Low-Godly.
Yeah...I'm literally conceding that, idk why youre still arguing about it.
He lost his book and couldn't find it, and needed a tracking beacon to find the meeting room. If he was omnipresent in an ethereal state he would know where everything is or at very least could easily find it. I do like the theory that his true self is a disembodied soul. Unfortunately Hellsing didn't even bother to show us that much, and as much as I like it we can't prove it, and his soul being in his blood to be consumed by Alucard contradicts it.
Yeah okay the 'tracking beacon' comment needs to stop. He merely said he found him from Dandys blood, hes not omnipresent in the sense he knows absolutely everything going on around him, he can just find and appear what he wants when he wants. Nigh-Omnipresence, and he isnt of this world, which is the entire concept of Schrodinger that idk why ppl can deny it
The Gag scene is a gag scene. Not applicable and doesnt come up in the story after whatsoever. no Chekovs Gun moment, or anything.
Technically the mindscape is a mental plane, not non-existent. That is why I'm bringing up immersion.
Its not something thats tangible, and it just shows that Schrodinger can exist on those planes, further proving his incorporeality, which further makes it apparent that his ability is not limited physically.
I'd agree if we didn't have two seperate events that tell us he isn't everywhere all at once.
Gag Scene. Shouldnt be taken. Doesnt lead up or have relevance. And beacon comment i've already covered. It's Nigh Omnipresence, it has room for not being alligned to the complete definition, but carrying the same gist.

That's not what I'm doing. I'm saying that if Schrodinger showed those abilities it would better define how his power worked. I'm not saying "he never went to the moon and never popped out of Walter's toilet bowl therefore he can't go everywhere", I'm saying he has been shown to not know where everything is and to be unable to find things or need help finding them, and his nature is very vague so we don't know exactly where he can go and what the rules are concerning it.
Gag scene. Plz just comment about why you think the gag scene is relevant in one post, its being brought up too many times.
Omnipresent =/= Omniscient too. He can find what he wants instantly spare the gag moment, he just needs to know or zoom in properly to find it. That doesnt mean hes not everywhere and nowhere. Its a form of 'Nigh' Omnipresence.

His nature is literally based on the Quantum Schrodinger cat concept, i think thats a decent reference to go with. The guy is literally called Schrodinger, and hes literally a German cat boy.

The omnipresence is not contradicted because he never went to space. It's contradicted because omnipresence means being everywhere at once, and Schrodinger needed help finding a meeting room, couldn't find his lost book or even remember where he left it, and when he died his entire essence was in his blood and body or else Alucard couldn't have absorbed it. Not what I'd expect from a being whose true self actually encompassed the entire universal space-time continuum.

That's why I brought up immersion as part of his paradoxical nature.
Nigh Omnipresent. Bringing up Gag scenes that mean nothing. Schrodinger didnt even need a Guidebook, he knew what his role was.

Sort of like Casper the Friendly Ghost sitting down. Unless he actually moves anything we can't be certain he can interact with everything. What you're describing still qualifies as immersion. Unless he was also in the minds of every single person in the world, while also in literally every location in the world, we can't really call that omnipresence. Even nigh-omnipresence requires being in every place at once on a smaller scale.
Yeah, but his power isnt only 'immersion', and thats a pretty exclusive power. Its a complete biproduct.
Yes, and he is. 'Everywhere and Nowhere', hes a being that doesnt exist on this world and borders existence and reality. This was his entire role in the story, his main thing and youre only dismissing it because of a Gag scene that leads to nothing.

What other reality defying movement has he made using his ability? Being a lead spy and tracking blood to a location he couldn't find otherwise doesn't tell us he's everywhere at once.
I mean he hasnt got some special blood tracking power. He can literally just recognise and find a trace of blood hes looking for instantly. Hes not Omniscient, he likely didnt know who Alucard or Integra truly were, and the blood only let him know.
By his own admission and demonstrated by his own actions he doesn't. If he knows everything that's going on and can always find everyone and what they're doing, why doesn't he know where his book is and why did he need Tubalcain's blood to find the meeting room?
Cause Gag Scene, and he didnt know what Alucard, Integra or anyone else looked like till he made his appearance.
You're just constantly repeating this point and its rly not applicable or dwarfs Schrodingers concept in the series.
I don't like calling it teleportation either. It's very annoying to me. But it also happens to be what Schrodinger is shown to do with his power. He's not shown to be everywhere at once, is in fact shown to not be aware of everything at once and unable to find things, and is shown to have all his "essence" inside his body when Alucard eats it and absorbs all of Schrodinger. If Schrodinger's soul was omnipresent and completely independant of his body his soul should have been everywhere rather than all in the body.
No, its a bi-product and theres plenty of more appropriate names.
Nigh Omniscience for this wikis standards.
Quantum Immortality too.
Idk how you can show hes 'everywhere at once' other than the countless statements that say he is.
Him being absorbed by Alucard isnt a point either, Alucard and Schrodinger merged life force when he was absorbed, making them go hand in hand. That was literally the whole plan to get rid of Alucard. Schrodinger isnt a physical being that can be isolated.

Omnipresence is a very shaky thing here, which is why we're looking at what Schrodinger has actually shown us he can do.
Nigh Omnipresence, and its pretty widely accepted that, despite what form of omipresence, Schrodinger is definitely not anything physical. Hence Teleportation isnt a valid name for it at all, and Nigh Omnipresence works much better given thats what Hellsing was gunning for.
Except that Schrodinger has himself contradicted that statement in a literal sense.
G a g
I'd rather describe his abilities as a disembodied soul that projects a body wherever he wants, but no such ability is on the Wiki except incorporeality combined with teleportation. It certainly doesn't help that his soul which was supposedly encompassing the entire universe was shown to be entirely in his body, and was shown to be unable to find things.
Nigh-Omnipresence. It wasnt entirely in his body, You're dismissing the major role Schrodinger played because of a gag that led to nothing relevant. Schrodinger literally is everywhere and nowhere. he bridges reality and non existence. Idk how many times they have to emphasise it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back