• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Grace period for Palkia.

Altair: 4 (The 2nd Existential Seed, Knightofannihilation666, Peter1129, GalaxianAegis)

Palkia: 7 (Kaltias, The real cal howard, Dragonmasterxyz, NeoZex6399, ProfessorKukui4Life, JustSomeWeirdo, Gargoyle One)

Inconclusive:

So Altair lost. Huh can't really be mad at least she managed to get pretty close to beating a top tier Low 2-C with raw power before getting the tables turned against her.

Pretty much. I'm somewhat surprised some of the people involved with her profile creation didn't drop by to give any input, tho.

Welp time to make another match this time with her base form since Low 2-C is impossible for her. Do you think Altair has a chance against somebody like I dunno Yhwach? Cause I'm pretty sure she could possibly beat even Reinhard since her hax is made to counter characters who slowly got this strong instead of characters like Palkia who were op from the start.

Altair: 5 (The 2nd Existential Seed, Knightofannihilation666, Peter1129, GalaxianAegis, ThisIsMySwagPack)

Palkia: 7 (Kaltias, The real cal howard, Dragonmasterxyz, NeoZex6399, ProfessorKukui4Life, JustSomeWeirdo, Gargoyle One)

Inconclusive:

Almost didn't see this. Given that the vote was made 10 hours ago, grace period was ded. Match goes on.

Therefore I'm not ignoring anyone's votes. Palkia doesn't suddenly gain immunity to power mimicry or whatever to suit its conveniences as long as its within Altair's reasonable range of power.

I didn't say perfect, tho. I said "within the scale of her powers." which would imply a weaker copy within Altair's scale of Low 2-C.

I want to say inconclusive, but then Palkia wins, so to make it inconclusive, I vote Altairp

Altair: 6 (The 2nd Existential Seed, Knightofannihilation666, Peter1129, GalaxianAegis, ThisIsMySwagPack, Gargoyle One)

Palkia: 6 (Kaltias, The real cal howard, Dragonmasterxyz, NeoZex6399, ProfessorKukui4Life, JustSomeWeirdo)

Inconclusive:

I dunno, I think the previous Yuka vs Gil was added in a similar manner. Maybe Gil vs Road too. Could be my memory playing tricks, lemme check.

Um are you literally voting for Altair just so its inconclusive? And I'm not asking to be rude.

Also yes its an NLF on Altair. No one here at all said Palkia is suddenly immune to power mimicry, that isn't even a thing. We're saying Palkia can't be copied because (and if I'm wrong about this correct me) Altair has absolutely no feats on copying an abstract being who is a concept.

Yeah, it was like 6 for one and 5 to another when others agreed to end it at Inconclusive.

Of course, that would recquire people involved with the discussion so far to be ok in regards to it.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Um are you literally voting for Altair just so its inconclusive? And I'm not asking to be rude.

Also yes its an NLF on Altair. No one here at all said Palkia is suddenly immune to power mimicry, that isn't even a thing. We're saying Palkia can't be copied because (and if I'm wrong about this correct me) Altair has absolutely no feats on copying an abstract being who is a concept.
I mean....I couldn't have made my comment more clear.

Yes I am.

I literally explained this on the above replies already. It's disregarding Altair's powers and extrapolating Palkia - sealed Palkia is nowhere near as much of an abstract (he doesn't have even Non-Corporeality in that form!) as some have been trying to imply. And then some stuff I already said that I'm not bothered enough to quote again.

I'm Not ignoring votes based on this. And that's final. Period.

Anyways, I'll count the people who agreed to leave it as Inconclusive.

Neozex and Gargoyle so far.

Since when has "nowhere near as much of an abstract (he doesn't have even Non-Corporeality in that form!) as some have been trying to imply" ever been a thing here? Because this is literally the first time im ever seeing this.

Also yes it does. Sealed Palkia became non-corpeal when it was summoned via the red chain (anime). And even then it doesnt matter because I see nothing on Altairs part to imply she can replicate concepts period. So whatever "level of abstractness" Palkias at shouldnt stop the fact that Altair cant just suddenly copy a concept because she has power mimicry. Blatent NLF.

FateAlbane said:
Sorry, but Palkia is not Chara or some SMT demon levels of abstraction as far as I'm aware.
By that same logic that you'd need to affect the abstract concept of space, you'd actually be implying that one would have to destroy the very concept of Space on an abstract level to affect or beat even a sealed Palkia, which is not at all the case.

Hence my point about this being disregarding the hax of one side and extrapolating a bit on the other.

As I see no Abstract Existence whatsoever for Sealed Palkia, I say either someone makes a CRT for it and gets this through or I'm calling shenanigans.
/\

FateAlbane said:
Again, there is not one hint of this Abstract/Conceptual Existence you are implying for Sealed Palkia in its profile and as far as I'm aware if Altair created Space in a Universal scale, that's all the feats she needs to back up the idea of her creating/copying her own version of Palkia, even if I agree that it will be weaker/close to her in overall power.
This is once again disregarding Altair's hax via some rather weird reasoning.

FateAlbane said:
She literally says "Create a story" before creating said Universe and Palkia is way less of an abstract as people are seeming to try to imply here, frankly speaking, especially considering this is sealed Palkia.
I can agree with Altair being able to copy a weaker Palkia as opposed to the thing's full power but this whole "she can't copy it at all!" seems like simply disregarding the character's abilities and going a little over the extrapolation on the whole "Palkia is space" when she has a feat of creating the exact thing he embodies along with Time at that on a Universal scale, truth be told.

So by all means, go to the CRT board and get all that Abstract Existence and Conceptual Existence plus Non-Corporeality stuff for Sealed Palkia, otherwise the burden of proof/NLF is totally on you as the profile does not state anything of the sort.

Then, if it gets through, you come back and use that as an argument.

Thanks.

Again, levels of abstraction has literally never been a thing in vs threads as far as I'm aware, so why does it suddenly mean a thing now?

An abstract is an abstract. If Altair can't replicate an abstract on any level, then this whole argument is rendered moot.

Again, levels of abstraction has literally never been a thing in vs threads as far as I'm aware, so why does it suddenly mean a thing now?

An abstract is an abstract. If Altair can't replicate an abstract on any level, then this whole argument is rendered moot.
Because different characters have different variety of abilities all across fiction.

Tell me, before BB, has a characters divinity ever meant shit? The answer is barely.

So then what proves Altair can even replicate a concept at all then?

Edit: And I already brought up Sealed Palkia having a non-corpeal form in the anime when it was summoned by the red chain. Unless I'm missing something here.

@Gargoyle Doesn't matter either way. That whole reasoning either goes through a CRT and to Palkia's profile in the sealed key, or nope. Simple as that.

And if your talking about that universe creating feat she has, that isn't even a conceptual level feat. Like at all.

So a CRT thread for Palkia isn't even necessary. Because claiming that is on a conceptual level is basically saying any Low 2-C universe creator has conceptual manipulation and thats wank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back