• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Allowance for an ad character in the wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
You already saw my no on the deletions thread, but I'll put it here for everyone to see as well.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Did you just forget about our "No ads" rule or something...?
"All characters in VS Battles wiki profiles should originate within actual stories, from notable or popular works."

Is this what you mean?

I mean, it needs to be a book, a movie, a cartoon series, something like that.

It needs to be something establishing a setting, a plot, etc

Iirc we specifically banned advertisements in some thread.

I got the entire lego movie as an ad once so can we delete those profiles

Reailly? I´ve bringed more points, showing that she actually has a main setting and all.

"Do not create any joke profiles, as they do not fit into our tiering system. Also avoid creating profiles for fan characters, advertisement characters, YouTube personalities, music videos, memes, stage personas, and the like. If you wish to create such profiles, feel free to do so in the Joke Battles wiki instead."

Edwardtruong2006 said:
"Do not create any joke profiles, as they do not fit into our tiering system. Also avoid creating profiles for fan characters, advertisement characters, YouTube personalities, music videos, memes, stage personas, and the like. If you wish to create such profiles, feel free to do so in the Joke Battles wiki instead."

I agree with Saikou, Kaltias, and Wokistan. Creating profiles for characters that barely even qualify as characters, due to not originating in actual stories with an actual narrative and defined personality, is highly inappropriate and would set a terrible precedent for the wiki to allow anything whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back