• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All-purpose request thread - 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then the description on it probably could be more specific to mention that

Also, there´s still the other issue with the Negation/Power Null categories

Bobsican said:
Also, a similar issue happens with Negation Users and Power Nullification Users
Negation seems to be a wider concept. Also, both are very large categories, so they shouldn't be replaced without very thorough consideration, and strictly handled by a bot if it is deemed absolutely necessary.

Antvasima said:
Negation seems to be a wider concept. Also, both are very large categories, so they shouldn't be replaced without very thorough consideration, and strictly handled by a bot if it is deemed absolutely necessary.
Negation redirects to Power Nullification, and considering "Power Nullification Users" is far more used because of the sheer name contrary to what you would otherwise think, I think it would be a good idea to just merge the former to the latter with a bot.

You can ask Promestein if she is willing to replace the Negation Users category with Power Nullification Users. I am currently very busy and going to bed soon.

Antvasima said:
@Elizhaa

I am not sure. The tier 2 SMT pages may be too controversial to keep open, but perhaps I am overly cautious. More staff input would be appreciated.
I don't think SMT is that controversial; At most I can see YHVH continuing locked, and even then, he is a Tier 1 page, so that'd happen anyways.

@Ultima

Okay. That is probably fine then.

KnightOfSunlight said:
I would like to have this page reviewed before creation, as the weapon's previous page was deleted for unknown reasons.
If this page is accepted, it would apply to all COG Gears of War profiles
I would say you can still improved the pages following the Common Editing Mistakes guideline as some mistakes are present. Scorching a large portion of a planet's surface is usually at High 6-A; if it calculation is not possible, it think it would good to a scan, video linka or Statements providing the justifications for the High 6-A feat- this point may be nitpicky.

Otherwise, the page looks fine.

Elizhaa said:
Scorching a large portion of a planet's surface is usually at High 6-A; if it calculation is not possible, it think it would good to a scan, video linka or Statements providing the justifications for the High 6-A feat- this point may be nitpicky.
The Hammer of Dawn Counterattack is a well known event in the Gears of War verse. To get exact and actual quotes and statements would require me to find or make scans of Jacinto's Remnant, which I don't have currently (I did have the book, but lost it during a move)

Bobsican said:
By the way, just contacted Prom, she took care of the Power Null category issue already
Thanks.

Elizhaa said:
If it is fine, I can unlocked the pages
Only the tier 2 SMT pages in that case. Although it is probably simpler if I handle it with my automated script.

You can ask Promestein if she agrees and is willing to handle it.

It´s obviously a basic category, "Healers" was aroudn first, before than "Healing Users", but because of that, the former has far more pages indexed, so I´m not sure to which of the two it should be merged, but because of the "standard" sort of name, I would go with just merging the former with the latter.

Bobsican said:
I agree, one thing for sure is that one of them has to be merged to the other with a bot.
I agree Damage's opinions but yeah this point is more or less true.

Damage3245 said:
I believe the Healing Users category should be merged into Healers.
Agreed. Healers is fine to keep and has a few thousand entries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back