• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Might Upgrade

I'm not in favor. Calcs are all very well and useful in many cases, but sometimes they can exaggerate a feat and it's not hard to see why in this scenario. The villains don't necessarily have peak human reaction times and All Might being faster than they could fight against doesn't mean being faster than they can possibly percieve.

All Might as the Number 1 Pro Hero is obviously leagues ahead of other characters in terms of power and speed, but this seems far too much for the powerscaling of the verse. Characters who are comparable to top pro heroes like Tamaki can get tagged by bullets from handguns, and the No. 4 Pro Hero is notable for having a supersonic attack; which is far, far below the High Hypersonic upgrade being proposed here.

EDIT: There is also AFO calling out All Might and telling him it took 30 seconds to travel the 5 kilometres since he sent in the Nomu. That's a far away from being High Hypersonic ever if we're being generous.

@Damage I am also not particularly sure about using peak human FPS. It took All Might 30 seconds to travel to All For One including the time it took for him defeat the Nomus and have a conversation with Gran Torino. Just saying, the actual time it took for All Might to run 5 kilometers is lower than 30 seconds.

All Might actually never moved at 100%, according to Deku, if All Might moved at 100% without breaking a sweat, he would always cause a windstorm in the surrounding area.

And please don't use that stupid anti-feat of All Might moving 5 kilometers in 30 seconds, unless you want to argue that he is only subsonic.

the fact that these villains can keep up with the kids

who are either 9-B to 9-A

should qualify them for peak human reactions

I have a question. Is there a way to calc the wind blast that Todoroki used against Izuku in the final clash?

EDIT:In speed not AP in case that wasn't clear.

@Shadowbokunohero; since when does an AP/durability level indicate increased speed & reactions?

@Therefir; I'm not saying All Might travelled 5 kilometers in 30 seconds, but even if he defeated all of the Nomu and talked to his comrades in 25 seconds (Which is more than possible considering his current combat speed), travelling 5 kilometers in 5 seconds is still far less than the High Hypersonic speed being proposed here.

Also, Izuku doesn't say All Might never moves at 100%, only that he doesn't use 100% of his power with every single movement he makes which is true. When travelling from the League of Villains hideout to the warehouse though it's not unreasonable to assume he was travelling as fast as he could.

If traveling 100% would destroy the whole place with a wind storm.

Seeing as we only saw him landing and not travelling (and his landing did cause a crater), you can't say he didn't cause a wind storm on his way there.

'traveling' 5 kilometers in 5 seconds is still far less than the High Hypersonic speed being proposed here.

feats> statements

I mean hell Boruto in verse by statements are like subsonic at best but via calls and powerscaling they far higher

You're right, we should ignore that feat.

Also, All For One can casually dodge the No. 4 Pro Hero who can move faster than sound.

I am in favor of such an upgrade. Feats>Statements as always, that scene saying All Might traveled 5 kilometers in 30 seconds is useless. Unless you want to downgrade a ton of verses based on statements.

Fodders in MHA have Superhuman-Subsonic reactions. So Peak Human FPS is really a lowball. Why? Because even skinny All Might was able to casually catch an object that was probably at least flying as fast as a baseball without even knowing it was coming. This was in the Culture fest arc.

So yeah, I'm in favor.

We are supposed to lowball calcs but, since the guys he was blitzing were around subsonic+ I think peak human FPS might be conservative enough.

Okay I am in favor.

Shadowbokunohero said:
'traveling' 5 kilometers in 5 seconds is still far less than the High Hypersonic speed being proposed here. feats> statements
I mean hell Boruto in verse by statements are like subsonic at best but via calls and powerscaling they far higher
All Might travelling fast from the bar to the warehouse is a feat.

> Also, All For One can casually dodge the No. 4 Pro Hero who can move faster than sound.

Still leagues below the High Hypersonic upgrade proposal.

> Because even skinny All Might was able to casually catch an object that was probably at least flying as fast as a baseball without even knowing it was coming. This was in the Culture fest arc.

Which is also ridiculousy lower than High Hypersonic.

Damage3245 said:
Shadowbokunohero said:
'traveling' 5 kilometers in 5 seconds is still far less than the High Hypersonic speed being proposed here. feats> statements
All Might travelling fast from the bar to the warehouse is a feat.
> Also, All For One can casually dodge the No. 4 Pro Hero who can move faster than sound.

Still leagues below the High Hypersonic upgrade proposal.

> Because even skinny All Might was able to casually catch an object that was probably at least flying as fast as a baseball without even knowing it was coming. This was in the Culture fest arc.

Which is also ridiculousy lower than High Hypersonic.
All For One preformed it casually. So no contradiction there.

No I'm saying that fodders should be superior to skinny All Might who casually caught an object probably moving as fast as a baseball without even looking.

So Peak-Human FPS for the fodders is really lowballed.

You've been debunked.

All Might was getting slower since the first episode, so using this feat shouldn't be a problem.

> You've been debunked.

No, I haven't.

> All For One preformed it casually. So no contradiction there.

If All For One was 30 times faster than the speed of sound and the heroes fighting him were just supersonic, then there would be no fight. It makes no sense for him to be that much faster compared to them.

> No I'm saying that fodders should be superior to skinny All Might who casually caught an object probably moving as fast as a baseball without even looking.

All Might losing his Quirk doesn't necessarily turn his reaction speed / reflexes back down to an ordinary humans level.

> So Peak-Human FPS for the fodders is really lowballed.

It's not. There is no good reason for why they should be Peak Human or why their perception speed is superior to base All Might.

@Therefir Sorry but I will ask again. Creating a wind blast by manipulating pressure differences in the air. Is that something that can be calced?

Damage3245 said:
> You've been debunked.
No, I haven't.

> All For One preformed it casually. So no contradiction there.

If All For One was 30 times faster than the speed of sound and the heroes fighting him were just supersonic, then there would be no fight. It makes no sense for him to be that much faster compared to them.

> No I'm saying that fodders should be superior to skinny All Might who casually caught an object probably moving as fast as a baseball without even looking.

All Might losing his Quirk doesn't necessarily turn his reaction speed / reflexes back down to an ordinary humans level.

> So Peak-Human FPS for the fodders is really lowballed.

It's not. There is no good reason for why they should be Peak Human or why their perception speed is superior to base All Might.
Yes you have 1:Dude, High 7-A vs 8-A at best. That was not a fight no matter how you look at it. All For One wouldn't need to speed-blitz them. But there's no reason to think he couldn't.

2:Okay how did you come to this conclusion? One For All increases overall speed. You know this. And even then, fodders are still comparable to Quirkless Deku who has subsonic reactions. So again, Peak Human FPS is a lowball. Skinny All Might is practically dying at this point. So fodders would absolutely be superior to him.

> So fodders would absolutely be superior to him.

You have still yet to present any evidence of base All Might having a lower perception speed than fodder villains. You keep asserting it but that doesn't make it true.

We have a feat that base All Might still has decent perception speed. The burden of proof is on you to claim that these random villains are superior to him.

obviously if you physically superior to someone your reactions would be better

considering these characters are in the 9-B to 9-A range, they are far above what we call peak human

Shadowbokunohero said:
obviously if you physically superior to someone your reactions would be better
considering these characters are in the 9-B to 9-A range, they are far above what we call peak human
Is that a rule on the wiki? That if you have better AP/durability then you have better reaction speeds?

Fodder still scale from quirkless Deku, so I don't know why you're still discussing that.

@Andytrenom I don't know how to calc something like that.

Damage3245 said:
> So fodders would absolutely be superior to him.
You have still yet to present any evidence of base All Might having a lower perception speed than fodder villains. You keep asserting it but that doesn't make it true.

We have a feat that base All Might still has decent perception speed. The burden of proof is on you to claim that these random villains are superior to him.
I don't need to, it literally only requires decent knowledge in the verse and a little sense. All Might in his current state is a dying man. There's literally no reason he should be superior to people in their physical prime who have their own quirks.

Say we decide to ignore Skinny All-Might's feat. The fodders still habe subsonic reactions scaling from UA students, and quirkless Deku. Peak Human FPS is still a lowball.

This screams to me of making an upgrade purely for the sake of making an upgrade because the idea of High Hypersonic characters sounds much better than Supersonic+ characters. Nothing else in the series indicates All Might / Nomu / All For One is this fast. The calc exaggerates the actual feat.

EDIT: If All Might was this fast then why would All Might travelling 5 kilometers in less than 30 seconds even be brought up?

Damage3245 said:
This screams to me of making an upgrade purely for the sake of making an upgrade because the idea of High Hypersonic characters sounds much better than Supersonic+ characters. Nothing else in the series indicates All Might / Nomu / All For One is this fast. The calc exaggerates the actual feat.
EDIT: If All Might was this fast then why would All Might travelling 5 kilometers in less than 30 seconds even be brought up?
No, because it makes sense. Everything you've said has either been countered, or debunked. At this point, your arguments consist of outright denial rather than legitimate points.

You do realize that was All Might runnning on the last dregs of his power right? And didn't it specifically state "Less than 30 seconds"? Not Exactly 30 seconds, or more than 30 seconds?

> No, because it makes sense. Everything you've said has either been countered, or debunked. At this point, your arguments consist of outright denial rather than legitimate points.

When something is pretty clearly an outlier derived from an overly generous calc, then denial makes sense. It seems pretty apparent to me that the main reason why this upgrade is appealing is because it would boost All Might's speed several times higher than its current rating.

You're scaling characters that have never fought each other to each other (Izuku to random villains he's never faced) in order to defend making these random villains at least peak human in reaction time.

> You do realize that was All Might runnning on the last dregs of his power right? And didn't it specifically state "Less than 30 seconds"? Not Exactly 30 seconds, or more than 30 seconds.

That's why I said 'Less than 30 seconds'.

Therefir has made a calc of the same feat using reaction speed that got: Mach 2.1 (Supersonic).

That's more consistent to me.

Damage3245 said:
> No, because it makes sense. Everything you've said has either been countered, or debunked. At this point, your arguments consist of outright denial rather than legitimate points.
When something is pretty clearly an outlier derived from an overly generous calc, then denial makes sense. It seems pretty apparent to me that the main reason why this upgrade is appealing is because it would boost All Might's speed several times higher than its current rating.

You're scaling characters that have never fought each other to each other (Izuku to random villains he's never faced) in order to defend making these random villains at least peak human in reaction time.

> You do realize that was All Might runnning on the last dregs of his power right? And didn't it specifically state "Less than 30 seconds"? Not Exactly 30 seconds, or more than 30 seconds.

That's why I said 'Less than 30 seconds'.

Therefir has made a calc of the same feat using reaction speed that got: Mach 2.1 (Supersonic).

That's more consistent to me.
How is this an outlier? There's literally nothing contradicting All Might's speed. And he has ONE Supersonic calc. And said calc is able to be re-calced for a higher result.

Because that scaling makes sense. A dude with a quirk and has been a villan for who knows how long would easily be comparable to Deku without his quirk, who keep in mind only trained for 10 months. You're making nonsensical assumptions based on headcannon.

And? All Supersonic attacks were effortlessly evaded by All For One.

Yeah, your arguments consist of denial rather than legitimate arguments. Literally the weakest form of argument on the wiki.

>Because that scaling makes sense. A dude with a quirk and has been a villan for who knows how long would easily be comparable to Deku without his quirk, who keep in mind only trained for 10 months. You're making nonsensical assumptions based on headcannon.

Having a Quirk or being villain doesn't indicate an automatic increase in reaction speed. To think that they do is just head-canon.

I'm in support of Therefir's calc that uses reactions instead of FPS. The villains are shown a panel before All Might blitzes them after he starts moving. They see him coming; they just can't stop him.

Damage3245 said:
>Because that scaling makes sense. A dude with a quirk and has been a villan for who knows how long would easily be comparable to Deku without his quirk, who keep in mind only trained for 10 months. You're making nonsensical assumptions based on headcannon.
Having a Quirk or being villain doesn't indicate an automatic increase in reaction speed. To think that they do is just head-canon.

I'm in support of Therefir's calc that uses reactions instead of FPS. The villains are shown a panel before All Might blitzes them after he starts moving. They see him coming; they just can't stop him.
You literally just ignored the bulk of my post. Even ******* Mineta has Subsonic reactions. It's not headcannon. Its actual sense and logic. And you seem to be throwing that all out the window for some odd reason.

I'd have to check the pannel again, but I'm pretty sure they couldn't even preceive him.

This is the page. They get an exclamation mark speech bubble of them reacting to what they see; they see All Might leaping from the top of the stairs.

Seeing as all he is doing is mopping up some villains to reach Aizawa, a supersonic burst down the stairs and knocking them out is more than acceptable. It's a solid feat.

Damage3245 said:
This is the page. They get an exclamation mark speech bubble of them reacting to what they see; they see All Might leaping from the top of the stairs.
Seeing as all he is doing is mopping up some villains to reach Aizawa, a supersonic burst down the stairs and knocking them out is more than acceptable. It's a solid feat.
No that was their reaction to seeing All Might about to move. There's nothing indicating that they were able to preceive him. in motion

VersusJunkie54 said:
No that was their reaction to seeing All Might about to move. There's nothing indicating that they were able to preceive him. in motion
All Might was already in the air in the previous panel. He was moving.

Damage3245 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
All Might was already in the air in the previous panel. He was moving.
And? There's still zero indication that the villains were able to perceive All Might as be blitzed them. In the CW Flash show, many of the fodder criminals can see the Flash about to move, but they're still completely incapable of perceiving him as soon as he starts really moving for real. I would appreciate it if you would be reasonable and drop the issue. Because at this point I am just repeating things, and debunking desperate attempts to prevent any changes.

Therefir, can you give your thoughts on this issue?

VersusJunkie54 said:
And? There's still zero indication that the villains were able to perceive All Might as be blitzed them. In the CW Flash show, many of the fodder criminals can see the Flash about to move, but they're still completely incapable of perceiving him as soon as he starts really moving for real. I would appreciate it if you would be reasonable and drop the issue. Because at this point I am just repeating things, and debunking desperate attempts to prevent any changes.
The fact that All Might starts moving, we're given a reaction panel of the villains, and then All Might takes them all down indicates to me that they him coming and were all unable to stop him.

The calc in reference to All Might being faster than their reaction speed is a safe result for the feat and is consistent with everything else we know about the verse. All Might ultimately being a few times faster than the sound lines up with him and All For One still being able to handle supersonic attacks easily.

I don't really see the problem about using this calc, but we should probably ask another calc group member to evaluate it.

Damage3245 said:
VersusJunkie54 said:
The fact that All Might starts moving, we're given a reaction panel of the villains, and then All Might takes them all down indicates to me that they him coming and were all unable to stop him.
The calc in reference to All Might being faster than their reaction speed is a safe result for the feat and is consistent with everything else we know about the verse. All Might ultimately being a few times faster than the sound lines up with him and All For One still being able to handle supersonic attacks easily.
Again, they were surprised because they saw he was about to move. There is aboslutely nothing indicating they were able to preceive him in any way, not even as a blur once All Might started moving.

How the **** does no selling Supersonic attacks invalidate High Hypersonic+ speed? Okay then, lets downgrade Akame ga Kill to Supersonic+ because Akame can casually, and consistently evade bullets, so obviously her lightning dodging feats must be invalid right?....... Or wait! Master Chief must have Athletic Human reaction speed because he can casually, and consistently evade attacks from normal Humans. So his bullet timing feats obviously are invalid.......

^This is what your argument against the speed looks like. And to be frank, it is terrible.

I agree with Versus, Damage you are saying All Might is not High Hypersonic because he can casually dodge supersonic characters, that makes no sense.

Therefir said:
I agree with Versus, Damage you are saying All Might is not High Hypersonic because he can casually dodge supersonic characters, that makes no sense.
I think you misread me. I'm saying All Might being Supersonic+ is consistent with him being able to dodge supersonic characters.

All Might (and consequently Nomu and All For One) being High Hypersonic is a huge leap up from their current rating. Basing this all on one calc with almost no supporting evidence is a stretch to me.

And Versus, don't bring other series into this.

> Again, they were surprised because they saw he was about to move. There is aboslutely nothing indicating they were able to preceive him in any way, not even as a blur once All Might started moving.

The fact that they had a reaction panel as he was moving indicates they saw him moving. Stop trying to dismiss this.

Back