• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

All Might Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowbokunohero

VS Battles
Content Moderator
So I've been wondering, shouldn't All Might be 60 times faster in his Prime? well, you could say well we don't know if his speed applies to that but it should, I mean All Might doesn't have a separate Quirk just for speed that's not connected to his strength, it's one quirk that makes him super strong, fast and durable.

Considering that you still use Physical strength in some form or another to physically move your legs, it shouldn't really be such a huge problem to scale All Might speed from his Strength.

In conclusion, All Might's power is tied to his physical characteristics, meaning his speed, strength etc, so if his 60 times weaker this would apply to all of his attributes and vice versa if his 60 times stronger

Considering One for All directly powers both his strength and speed, if he is able to hit 60x harder, it makes sense that this power increase would extend to his speed, since they draw from the same source.

For his speed, all we have to off of is that his weakened form is "Slow" compared to his prime form. There's not enough to warrant an upgrade. And he only stated he would've been 60 times stronger, not faster.

However, I feel that his "likely Higher" speed should be changed to "Likely Much Higher"

>Stronger doesn't just mean physical strikes.

stronger can mean power as a whole

For example

six paths sage mode Naruto is stronger than Bijuu Mode naruto

doesn't mean that only his striking strength has improved

Oh, now that I think about it. Since One For All is tied to both his speed and strength. It would be far from unreasonable to assume his speed would scale as well.

The fact that it's mentioned that his slowed down proves that his speed is tied to his strength.

It was rejected on the basis that his speed isn't connected to his strength which is untrue

Even if his speed is connected to his strength, a 60 times increase in strength does not equal a 60 times increase in speed. But most people here already know that.

KE is 1/2mv^2.So from what I understand, To generate 60 times the energy, you need only around 7.7 times the speed.

I think people are trying to compare All Might to superman

how Superman has super strength and Super speed...

All Might doesn't work like that, he has one power that allows him to move and fight at those speeds, they are all part of his physical body. AM doesn't move fast because he has super speed power, he moves fast because his body's strength allows him to.

One for All operates on the same power, different from Superman. Think about it like this; Strength and Speed are two "Cups" and the One for All power is a milk jug of power. For all intents and purposes, the milk jug of power has less milk in it now than in the past where it didn't have any leaking holes. Therefore, the Milk Jug in its prime is able to support the larger cups (Strength and Speed) much more than it can now. Saying that the milk in the strength cup now is 60x weaker than in its prime, it's also safe to assume that the speed cup is no different since they derive off of the same power.

Actually, Superman does get linear boosts in speed from the Sun, as seen by Superman All Star...

I don't really have any issues with this, i've read some of the series, and i'm pretty sure nothing actually contradicts this.

Anyway, this would scale to prime All For One right?

Even if his speed is higher it cannot be 60 times higher since the statement was only about his punches being 60 times stronger and not his overall abilities being 60 times greater.

And supplying 60 times more energy to something does not increase it's speed by 60 times also.

But saying that All Might is 60x stronger doesn't necessary mean he's also 60x faster. As someone already pointed out KE= 1/2mv^2, meaning that 60KE=30mv^2 so v^2=2KE/m. Calculate this using KE as his current AP and m as his weight in his muscular form and you obtain how fast he was. And we apply that not because speed and strength are two different things with AM, but exactly because they're the same (the calc may be wrong, please someone correct it if it is)

EDIT: it's wrong

You may not actually need weight, we know that Prime AM KE/Current KE =60

Which would mean

(prime AM speed)^2/(Current speed)^2=60

Prime AM speed/current speed is approximately 7.7

Meaning his prime speed will 7.7 times greater than current speed. Also I am not any more likely to be correct than Triforce So feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Wait I forgot that All Might lost weight so the mass is not constant between Prime and current All Might...

^^^even that still makes far more sense,

put it bluntly.

Prime all might should not be Supersonic by any stretch.

He should be far higher

Is that statement really enough to warrant an entire upgrade like that? Then again....we do have an entire key based on it, so I guess it's okay....

I suppose that this makes sense, but the energy required for speed does not increase linearly, so I am not sure if we can simply use 60x swifter for him.

The suggestions made by andi and tri make the most sense as they take into consideration AM's Physical strength that's linked with his speed

Well, I was not suggesting major changes as much as I was presenting a hypothetical scenario...but if this gets All Might out of supersonic, then I am not complaining : )

Wrath Of Itachi said:
If this gets accepted would that mean choji should also get a speed revision for being 100x stronger?
No, Choji's speed comes from amping himself up via chakra, which there is a limit the body can take. compeltely different things

I'm not sure about scaling All Might's speed linearly like this. Yes, it should be much, much faster in his prime, but at the same time we don't have any feats from his prime version that would back such a massive linear increase in speed.

Perhaps we could simply calculate the square root of 60? Or would that be inappropriate?

I don't think there's enough basis to say that prime All Might is 60 times faster... just because he would have defeated Noumu in significantly less hits than he does now, doesn't mean his speed was much, much higher too.

@Damage

We do have evidence that he was much faster in the past (i.e. Gran Torino and All for One call his current speed pathetic compared to his prime), but you're right in that we don't have a way to correlate power to speed in any meaningful fashion.

Oh, I agree his speed was a lot higher in the past. I just don't think it is much, much higher (60 times as much) based on his statement in the Noumu fight alone.

Okay, so should we simply add a "likely higher" mention to his profile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back