• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex's movement speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, guys. Is Alex's speed supersonic+ in the end of Prototype 2 or Prototype 1? He seem much faster as the final boss of Prototype 2.

To be honest I have no idea why he's supersonic+ since he gets hit by bullets and rockets all the time

The only outrunning feats I heard is when he led the rockets to walls, which he could've just aim dodged if that was the case. Well use obstructions to block the attacks at least. And that sniper bullet feat was something I struck down before so not sure

I'm assuming it must be the air dash ability that almost looks like a sonic boom

How about the one time in the second game James was able to create a small sonicboom in just at the start. Also, if James were to have some time fighting Alex in the second game, wouldn't it make him be able to do the same unless he's power turned down to his level?

I had a theory that perhaps James was faster than Alex, so that could excuse how James won via attacking him faster than he could regenerate

But really using sonic booms as references is nice, but then again it doesn't look like it's from a cutscene. Dodging bullets and rockets isn't hypersonic either.

Then how the hell is Alex able to almost run as fast as the maximum speed of James WITHOUT accelerating at all? True, it was not in the cutscene but, why the hell did the creators even bring the entire sonicboom thing out into the game?

Asdtgh said:
Then how the hell is Alex able to almost run as fast as the maximum speed of James WITHOUT accelerating at all? True, it was not in the cutscene but, why the hell did the creators even bring the entire sonicboom thing out into the game?
Special effects maybe. Like sword trace lines.

That still doesn't prove he's not fast enough to create sonicbooms. If they already did such effect, that means James and Alex can do the same.

Asdtgh said:
That still doesn't prove he's not fast enough to create sonicbooms. If they already did such effect, that means James and Alex can do the same.
And your statement alone doesn't automatically means it's actual sonic booms. Saying a special effect like that is fact would mean a lot of characters in other video games would get massive boosts.

Donte from DMC would be Supersonic

Kratos is legit capable of dodging lightning the moment it's about to hit him

Cole would be able to send cars flying and flipping so fast despite its weight

At best we can only say it's on a base value. It's not guaranteed to be not supersonic, but it also doesn't guarantee supersonic speed.

Of course Dante would be supersonic after the things he did casually, Kratos, well, alright. Cole, he needed a very powerful shockwave to push back a truck and that technique you meant is kinectic pulse. And, James was able to do so at the start and became much more faster at the end. Hell, Alex was even able to do zig zags below mid air James before striking at him with his whipfist. He even caught James before he could escape and tossed him back to the arena.

I meant Donte as in the one from the Reboot, the one who can barely catch up with Kratos

Oh cool, How does he get faster? By absorbing more biomass that enhances durability and striking sttrength? How does gaining more weight allows him more speed just wondering? At best they're enhanced by superhuman levels but they don't exactly gain speed by eating more

So? That just shows that Alex is faster than James, who can only outrun cars on their max acceleration

Can't joints and streamlines be enhanced as well? Alex's body is literally made out of biomass. Also, since when did Kratos dodge lightning strike? Plus, Kratos dodge Zeus' lightning attacks that are as slow as Cole's new bolts in Infamous 2 even without the herme's boots.

Asdtgh said:
Can't joints and streamlines be enhanced as well? Alex's body is literally made out of biomass. Also, since when did Kratos dodge lightning strike? Plus, Kratos dodge Zeus' lightning attacks that are as slow as Cole's new bolts in Infamous 2 even without the herme's boots.
Yahoo never alerts me anymore

Anyway if you make them streamline that would assume one is heading towards a straight line or direction. Since sudden turns would net a lot of air resistance regardless. So yeah while it is possible to gain maximum speed, you'll have to head straight

aNd it was one of the Trailers .Not to mention fighting the God Zeus would imply that he can. Since after all Zeus can summon lightning from the sky. And Word of God says Kratos is faster than lightning.

And certain electric projectiles aren't truly as fast as electricity or lightning, but Cole has those moves. And I won't be surprised if Zeus does too.

And I'm trying to point out that his movement speed should be faster than just supersonic since he's more powerful with biomass.

Asdtgh said:
And I'm trying to point out that his movement speed should be faster than just supersonic since he's more powerful with biomass.
Power doesn't mean = Speed however

It's usually associated with striking strength and durability, is it not? There's also the issue with excess biomass and him being hit by bullets and rockets all the time

I think that CoreOfimBalance makes sense regarding the speed. If the character is consistently hit by bullets and rockets it seems very unlikely that he is supersonic+. You can adjust the concerned characters downwards if you want.

Sure, go ahead. Type down the supersonic speed when Alex, in the comics, was seen dodging bullets and even jumping to the helicopter STRAIGHT in the next picture of the page WITHOUT having any bulletholes in him, blood coming out from him or anything of him being shot. He was even seen jumping at the chopper with the cottage so far beyond and he was even far off from the helicopter, making it so much easier for the gatling gunner to try and shoot him down but no, even with that distance, he was still able to dodge the bullets and got close to the gunner STRAIGHT and unharmed. Hell, he was even able to dodge a bunch of more bullets, while being unharmed, as he grabbed hold of the bar on the helicopter and just dodged the range of bullets in a building that he crashed into while being unharmed. No bulletholes, no splashes of blood and certainly no difficulty. Even dodge a sniper shot that had a clear lock on him while still accelerating. If Alex can't have faster reflexes, how was he able to block the rocket launcher, that move from a one far end of the road to another in a split second, with his blade?

See there is the issue with that Asd. How would we know that Alex wasn't hit by bullets and they simply bounced off or didn't do damage? If he was that durable as you claim then the bullets should've stopped the moment they hit him.

It's hard to figure out the proper time frame for comic panels so we can't assume that he instantly leapt from that distance either.

Alex's durability should be more than enough to actually block bullets from going through him so there's the potential that he's hit constantly and those deal no damage.

Are you referring to the cinematic opening of the first game? Cause literally had the moment to stare at the rocket launcher and more than a few seconds to move and hide/shapeshift into a corpse

So, you're implying that Mercer can deflect the bullets with his skin? Kind of hard to believe because, where did the bullets go once deflected? Shouldn't they be, I don't know, shot back at the gunner with a different angle or maybe, flying down to the cottage? Plus, during that time, he was still trying to blend in with the humans in the comics. And, Alex got shot by Autumn, a woman with a gun who was taking his stash of money, and was seen with his head blown to bits. And the helicopter thing, that was before he was trying to confront the woman. His skin shouldn't have problems deflecting it and he don't need to be all tensed up just to activate the bulletproof mutation award. That proves my point that there is no bulletproof deflecting abilities at that point of time. And another thing, in another comic part, Alex was seen running away from the bullets that were going towards him. He wasn't seen deflecting bullets at that point, nor was he losing biomass blood and the gatling gunner had an advantage of distance and being able to aim his gun easily with little movement. Alex was even close to a bunch of logs before jumping onto the cottagen which should have the logs close to him. It's not like he's gonna stand there on the roof and do nothing or even wait for the helicopter to come forth. That chopper should follow him as well. Therefore, your statement, "being hit at by rockets all the time" is absolutely false. He even did the same of dodging bullets in other comics. Plus, he reacted to the FIRST rocket, which is more like a grenade launcher attachment, and blocked it with his blade. Yes, he did stare at the rocket launcher. Did he dodge it? He should have because he would need time to recover, then shapeshift and make it to another position within that same few seconds while not making much noise of hitting the debris.

Plus, even if he don't have the bulletproof mutation award, there still wouldn't be any dent shells on his body.

Idk, if James can do it then can't Alex do that too?

And I can also make the argument that Alex got stronger so he deflects bullets now. Or at least when bullets hit him they just fall off, as if they hit a concrete wall

Regardless there's still a thing called aim dodging

You mean the sniper bullet feat from the chopper? Took that feat apart in both DA and Comicvine. There were too many reasons to show why the chopper missed. Alex was already running, swaying wind, and if Alex was really faster than a bullet he would've outran them already. And the pilot was shooting in a downward angle, not straight

If you're referring to the snow russian section, I argued that it was aim dodging and again Alex was already getting hit while he's running straight. Bullets were shooting around him. And like before, comic time frames.

It was a grenade launcher attachment. The bounce, the size. Didn't you see it? Regardless it was moving fast enough for us to perceive and Alex already saw him before he fired. It's easy to react and instantly raise your arms towards something, for ex raising a riot shield against where you thought you heard a gun fire. Not to mention it was going on an arc instead of straight towards Alex. Impressive, but not supersonic

He got hit. Besides, you think Alex can't just get up and use the dust cloud to sneak and shapeshift? And even if your statement is legit, that won't count as supersonic

I got one question, also. The feat thing of him being said to be able to casually outrun UH-60 blackhawk, which story ended? Prototype 1 or 2?

No idea. But whicever game it is, I checked around and it's top speed seems to be 294 km/h

Converted that's 81 meters per second. Impressive but that's still subsonic even if Alex can move faster than them. Not to mention that there are still things such as hiding behind buildings, changing disgusies when moving behind buildings. Counting Prototype canon at least

Yeah but, he has to outrun them first to shapeshift, even through their gatling guns and missiles. Plus, he was able to keep up with one quite well at the start of the first game while having to go through traffic. They even tried to shoot him at one point. Along with James, he tried to outrun two Blackhawks with the shooting.

Or he can cut corners and misdirect them by going into alleys. Pretend to be a downed civilian or even a corpse.

If I remember the traffic was no issue.

Believable. But again I point to aim dodging.

True but, he does need to make some distances in order to do so. Plus, if you mean that he could just jump over with one giant leap, it does affect his maximum velocity and wouldn't stopping at every obstacle each time you go over one slows you down? I know he has adaptive parkour but, wouldn't stop running for a second for every car to go over slows him down? I mean, there was so many to either zig zag or jump over. At least 20. And, plus, wasn't he still learning? But, I won't go over that. Anyway, another proof that he did dodge the bullet without 'aim dodging' is this: http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11119/111198831/4776190-5074064200-34491.jpg He was going to the same direction while dodging bullets and while everyone dies around him. And the gatling gun was at the same level.

Yeah he can still hide. Disguises are useful for that. Jumping? I'm not sure what you're trying to say I'm trying to say.

I'm gonna replay the mission. I'll check for myself. Regardless it's easy to run blindly, that's why he got tagged after all. Regardless that doesn't really prove he's supersonic if he could't outrun one in the beginning

He's already running before the machine guns started firing. That's aim dodging.

Or you know, the bullets are hitting him but they're not showing up cause this is before he got stronger as you said. Around the point that he became bulletproof and started deflecting bullets

Naw, COB. I meant that jumping over all of them with one leap can slow him down. Plus, the bullets weren't hitting him nor was he aim dodging. Isn't aim dodging, in Prototype running terms, more like running to one side away from the bullets? He wasn't seen being shot at as well because no blood splatter was seen at all on him but, the other people are.

Nah just needed to sleep, and study. Three quizzes in a row, did bad on two but fine on one so yay

Anyway...For jumping, not sure where you're getting with it sorry

We can't be certain it's hitting him. Besides he's running forward yet somehow doesn't get hit when he seems to be making no attempts to dodge. He should've either outsped the bullets before they reached him (which isn't supersonic) or be actively moving to count as supersonic, and even then that's not it eitehr. After all one can dodge bullets by having supersonic reactions

And fair enough

But hey, like what you said about something of comic time frames(I think you said something about that during our previous talk of his speed), he might do some zig zags to dodge it while trying to get a head start and I don't think he has the intentions to get shot at since at that time, he may be vulnerable to bullets by then. I might make some calculations of both Alex's and James' but, I'll think everyone here in vs battle wiki will find it bullcrap.

Yup, there's no accurate time frames

He's clearly running in a straight line though

Just remember, even if you can move zig zag to dodge bullets, that's still more like aim dodging with supersonic reactions. He's not outrunning bullets, he's moving to a position that allows the bullets to miss

Ask around. Dodging lasers doesn't make anyone ftl.

Ok, hold on. So what you're saying is that aim dodging is basically moving to another position to let the bullets miss, right?

Aim dodging basically doesn't make a character performing it to be supersonic. Simple as that.

That's just one of the things that are primary examples of aim dodging. Example Hitgirl in Kick-Ass 1's second half

- Moving faster than the other person could aim

- Taking cover as you move to dodge someone's aim as they shoot

I agree with Core. Timing the movements of people shooting a gun or a laser is not remotely equivalent to moving swifter than bullets or laser beams.

mmhm, this is quite similiar to the "not immediately being MHS for avoiding lightning" scenario that came up a bit ago, makes sense to apply it to bullets/lasers here aswell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back