• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm bloodlusted she creates that copy and he freezes mercer and the city, non bloodlusted she floats overhead with duplicates and is liable to get gassed.

Although this may fall into a stomp? They start four kilometers apart, bloodlusted zonda instanly has the duplicate freeze the city and mercer at below absolute zero and mercer has no means to retaliate/fight. Bloodlusted this seems like it might be a stomp, atleast at there current range.

This isn't even a who hits whom first scenario, bloodlusted zonda duplicates and freeze's mercer four kilometers away before he can even do anything...

Yeah I'm not to in the mood to do reasearch.. imma just say this is a stomp seeing how Mercer needs his disease manipulation and parasites to even remotely try and do something to Zonda, and the fact that she has had that counter the parasites I'm gonna give this one to Zonda

The pen or the sword said:
To be fair she cant deal with his infection its just bloodlusted she freezes him before he can actually do anything.
Wouldn't Molecular-level control over his entire body help Mercer against Molecular-level abilities that doesn't deconstruct?

I mean Adam Arclight's Molecular Manipulation can be used to stop or freeze the molecules of his targets (which sounds similar to Tenjian's freezing here), and even he got stomped by Mercer in that thread.

Edit: Also, nothing says that Mercer can't try to use Viral Sonar to locate Zonda herself once she creates duplicates.

The Smashor said:
That's alright. Still, Zonda can create armies of her own that would more or less be immune to the virus, while Teseo can just digitize everyone. Still, Zonda will struggle to not get infected. How long does infection take?
What makes those illusions immune to the virus? Since these illusions are made "real" (thus should be corporeal), do they possess the same bodies (therefore, the same properties) that makes up The Seven's bodies? Or are they actually composed of something else?

Because "perfect copies" makes me suggest that they're supposed to be exactly the same as The Seven, including what they are composed of.

The only thing i could think of is Mercer jumping up in the air to pin Zonda to the ground, freeze her with his biological manipulation, and then using soundwaves and other thing's to harm her

ArchieS├©nic18 said:
The only thing i could think of is Mercer jumping up in the air to pin Zonda to the ground, freeze her with his biological manipulation, and then using soundwaves and other thing's to harm her
He could just gas and infect. And seeing that Zonda's duplicates are apparently "perfect copies" (and probably are no longer just "illusions" as they are now made "real"), I don't see why he can't just infect the duplicates and mindhax them into his side. Or eventually infect Zonda.

Yeah so, Alex as Type 5 immortality and Type 7 immortality meaning that if he dies he could transfer into a another body and continue the fight. And if that somehow doesnt apply to the rules due to the outside help he has Type 5 immortality making it so that he cant be killed by physical means. So since he has Type 5 and Type 6 Immorality he would be able to win the fight. There's no evidence that Zonda as powers such as Existence erasure, or a power that limits Alex's ability to go into other bodys.

I would'nt say that Mercer stomps, but i would definitely say he wins and has a huge advantage due to type 5 immorality

If im gonna highball the hell out of his ability's i would say that he has god like immorality and could basically live forever if the other fighter doesnt have existence erasing powers

ArchieS├©nic18 said:
Yeah so, Alex as Type 5 immortality and Type 7 immortality meaning that if he dies he could transfer into a another body and continue the fight. And if that somehow doesnt apply to the rules due to the outside help he has Type 5 immortality making it so that he cant be killed by physical means. So since he has Type 5 and Type 6 Immorality he would be able to win the fight. There's no evidence that Zonda as powers such as Existence erasure, or a power that limits Alex's ability to go into other bodys.
He doesn't have Type 5 Immortality, as Mercer's statement that he is "Beyond Life and Death" could just be flowery/flavours words due to no feats or other evidence supporting such. And Type 5 Immortality is at its most useful when the characters have Regenerationn at the Godly levels (Low-Godly or over) so that they don't just get incapacitated by higher damage. Even if we assume Mercer has Type 5 Immortality, his Regenerationn isn't quite high enough to truly make use of such.

Also, while he may have Type 6 Immortality via the virus taking over the corpse of the original Alex Mercer, that type of immortality is also combat inapplicable as we've never seen him use it in combat before. Maybe if there's a Word of God (one of the Prototype developers) that confirms that he can transfer his consciousness to his infected, we would have enough evidence to prove that it is combat applicable. But we sadly don't have such proof.

At least Type 7 Immortality doesn't require such inhibitions of proof though, so that can still be combat applicable. And three of his other types of Immortality such as Type 1, 2, and 3 are definitely still combat applicable via feats.

Either way, I still don't see why Zonda's duplicates can't get infected, and then have Zonda herself either get eventually infected, or get attacked by her infected duplicates.

I could go on and on and on on why Mercer beats Zonda but im not trying to look like an idiot who wants to highball and wank Mercer. Also i feel like Mercer would use his Type 6 Immorality to keep on fighting seeing as he transfers into other bodies to fool people onto thinking he is someone else.

I played Prototype 1 and 2 and i swear Mercer did this somewhere in the trailers or games i just gotta find the source

ArchieS├©nic18 said:
I played Prototype 1 and 2 and i swear Mercer did this somewhere in the trailers or games i just gotta find the source
If you can find the source for his Type 6 Immortality, that would be very helpful here.

ArchieS├©nic18 said:
A memory just hit me like a truck. Theres in a mission In prototype 1 that shows Mercer using a Military Members body to sneak into a base and destroy it. The source is linked below

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WXIMgskrLqc&list=PL3mFE2AQD6kNhaasqntAauW3X78DEgDXS&index=2&t=88s
How does any of that prove he has Type 6 Immortality though? Because we literally see blood spurting out of that tank, showing that Mercer has consumed Taggart, thus has probably shapeshifted into him.

Do you have any other source that he makes his Type 6 Immortality combat applicable?

Sadly no, I would have to do some deep digging so really see if he uses it in combat

Imma take a break for a bit and if I find any info I'll let you know

ArchieS├©nic18 said:
Sadly no, I would have to do some deep digging so really see if he uses it in combat

Imma take a break for a bit and if I find any info I'll let you know
Okay. Good luck with that then.

Regular tendrils have a city level range (12:35) so the range on the Whip Fist should be much higher. All Mercer has to do is impale the clones to absorb them and become stronger as well as getting new powers. I'm also pretty sure he has to hit her once for her to get infected.

He doesn't need to hit her to be fair he simply needs her to breathe in the gas or fight an infected... honestly ill give it to mercer high diff at the moment. Bloodlusted doesn't make her more cautious and her normal methods of fighting, even going for the kill still puts her in range of mercer As he's bloodlusted he actually can gass/tendril her from the other side of the city. Add on to that her illusions are supposdly "Real" and have no feats of resisting infection.

bloodlusted Ill give it to mercer with high diff.

Alright, a major question that some people where asking:

Are the illusions real?: No. Their illusions. They don't physically exist, but they can inexplicably hurt things and be hurt. As such, they can be treated as though they exist, but ultimately it's unlikely Mercer could copy them since they shatter into a mirrior upon defeat. However, the Virus may be able to work on them.

Zonda can also warp people around with her illusions. Most likely the only reason that Gunvolt and/or Copen even reached her is becase they had something she needed. Mercer will probably never reach Zonda in a bloodlusted matchup.

Anyways, adding the votes how.

In a bloodlusted match she's going for the kill first same as mercer but shes still a sadistic person who has never shown the propensity/ability to spam range. The illusions can be harmed and are liable to shatter as the virus tears through their system, and to top it off alex has his own city wide attack. So my vote remains mercer

Eh, well Mercer is one of the strongest 7-Cs on the website. Just not getting stomped by him is impressive enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back