• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wright_Way

VS Battles
Retired
I don't know Panther well enough to write anything. You make something up.

Both 8-A. Speed Equalized.

Alex Mercer
vs.
Black Panther
Mess with his Kingdom and he'll make sure you regret it

I believe a virus is considered neither alive nor dead.

Okay... I'm going to assume he has it then.

Black Panther's Invisibility would be useless against Mercer's Thermal Vision. His Teleportation has an unknown range, so he'll probably can't avoid Mercer for long (who, with the memories of countless soldiers, he should be able to eventually learn to anticipate where Black Panther teleports to via the experience and strategic skills of other military commanders).

Black Panther's Soul Manipulation is useless here, and Mercer's Regenerationn is going to give him a huge problem, so his durability negating daggers isn't quite enough to take down Mercer. Black Panther's Vibranium Armour is pretty much useless against Mercer's Matter Manipulation (which, based on Mercer's profile, can allow Mercer to convert anything a person is wearing into biomass and can also allow him to even replicate electronic devices). There's also the fact that Black Panther gets absorbed the instant Mercer touches him.

Black Panther's sleep gas isn't really effective against Mercer's Adaptation and limited Reactive Evolution (such as being able to transform his body on the fly, his resistance to harmful situations increasing constantly with each exposure, and the fact that he developed immunity to biological chemicals such as Bloodtox). Mercer's Shapeshifting (which works at a cellular level) and Stealth Mastery would give Mercer an advantage by being able to surprise attack Black Panther and hiding away in the crowds.

Really though, I see Mercer winning more often than not here.

Honestly I don't like assuming souls for things in general when not specified, but that's probably just me. Of all things, a virus I don't think should be assumed either way. Souls are usually attributed to living things, and viruses aren't classified as living. They're also not classified as dead, so idk why he has type 7.

It was agreed that virus wouldn't get immunity to soul manipulation due to the alive or not debate and verse equalization would give a character a soul if the verse never talked about soul stuff like Medaka box.

No ik that verse equalization gives everyone souls. That's something I personally don't like, but am not trying to change. However, I don't remember when we established that viruses had souls.

Type 7 Immortality is because Mercer's neither alive nor dead thanks to being a virus. I'm honestly not sure if it should be there given it's reasoning but eh.

Viruses aren't dead though. Type 7 seems inaccurate.

Huesito88 said:
Not really according to other threads and Heller vs BP, we count him as dead.
Why? Viruses aren't scientifically classified as living and therefore can't technically die either.

Can we just make a seperate discussion thread about Mercer's Immortality (type 7 or not), as well as whether or not he actually has a soul?

The results of this match evidently hinges on these two points (which determines whether or not this is ultimately a stomp).

The soul thing is a 100 precent solved case, the type 7 as far as I know is because Alex is a reanimated corpse.

Huesito88 said:
The soul thing is a 100 precent solved case, the type 7 as far as I know is because Alex is a reanimated corpse.
What? He's not reanimated. The virus consumed his dead body and thought it was Alex himself for most of the game.

If that's the case, then why does he have type 7? So the "Alex Mercer" we know is just a thing that ate his corpse and shifted into the edgy dude we know? He's just a creature?

No, he's something that ate a corpse and shapeshifted to look like the guy it ate.

You mean the virus reconstructed his cells.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
If that's the case, then why does he have type 7? So the "Alex Mercer" we know is just a thing that ate his corpse and shifted into the edgy dude we know? He's just a creature?
That's my point. He's a human sized virus. He shouldn't be undead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back