• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alex Mercer vs. Adam Arclight

Status
Not open for further replies.
I assume that Alex way high end that fast, but I guess I can equalize it them.

All right ignoring that for the moment what abilities does base adam have? Is it all the abilities listed or are some of them only possible in his higher keys?

Supersonic was the low end from what I remeber

Schnee One said:
How does Adam beat his regen?
Hm, maybe eat and absorbing him is a possibility? Assuming that Alex is capable to regen while being inside a creature. I also guess it do not take much time to regen.

Like, open the jaws and being engulf?

Also, hypotetically, how much it would take him regenerate from a puddle of... matter?

Fragrance fails as alex lacks a traditional brain and can simply remove his nose if such a thing will be a problem. electric manip runs into similar issues as alex again doesn't have a brain/mid high regen Molecular level control is good but its also something alex has thus Im unsure if arclight can wrest control from him. Heat control fails due to mid high regen rendering anything less then absolute zero useless without feats. So Im not sure he can actually do anything to beat mercers regen, absorbtion, and infection...

From a puddle? Anywhere from four to twelve hours...So still combat applicable. Also swallowing mercer is such a bad idea it needs to be expressed in orders of magnitude...He consumes via touch...

Welp, Eve can control her own molecules to erase a virus, so its possible for Arclight to do it too (as long he knowns about it).

Oh, what troublesome, I guess can bypass Arclight Low-High regen? Or at least, stop consumption via sever himself?

That seems like a stretch he's going to erase a virus capable of turning a human into a puddle of biomass in a matter of seconds? A virus that functions on the molecular level? Unless the virus she removed can infect inanimate and dead objects Im going to have to say he still can be infected/absorbed.

considering mercers regen is mid high? And we've seen that mercers level of consumption/absorbtion over comes that, yes it will surpass his regen. what does sever self do?

Mmm, maybe not, considering that Arclight its an intentionally imperfect clone, most likely he is unable to heal from that, at much, he can server himself to escape infection.

So, he has no chance at close combat, and even at range he has no way to permanently kill Alex.

Seems like it, severing himself buys him a bit more time but in the end this isn't a fight I think he can actually win. Just be glad this key of mercer doesn't gass at the start or this would be even more broken :p

Edit like I said when I first gave mercer his spot, he's not overly powerful, just an absolute pain to kill...

I can actually make this unequalized and the outcome could be the same, although at range one can difficult get close to Arclight due to Psychokinesys.

Adam can't beat his regen, and at range he can't do crap to Alex so he eventually tries to absorb and gets killed, and the speed gap is moot

Stomp, closing.

True but it would be a speed blitz (is speed blitz even applicable when the other character has no way to kill the other) , then again to actually deal with mercer he'll eventually swallow and theres nothing he can do about it....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back