• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Can regenerate damage as long as he has enough biomass"

" Stamina: Nearly limitless, as long as he is fed. "

As an avid gamer, these statements highly frustrate me. These statements imply he cannot regenerate (or do much of anything else) if he does not have enough biomass. The problem with this implication is that Alex is biomass. Every living being is. It is biological mass. Regardless of the amount of consumed biomass, there is a minimum baseline.

The main energy source of a human is the calorie (food). Without it, our bodily functions dwindle and we eventually die. Alex is made of biomass, which means he can't run out because he's made of it. Sure, he can run extremely low if his body is broken down to extreme levels, but to say he can run out of biomass is the same as saying he'll cease to exist altogether. He will always exist and be capable of Regenerationn unless he's broken down to the atomic level.

Now for his actual Regenerationn rating.

" Consuming a single crow allowed him to regenerate from being reduced to a chunk of meat by a nuclear explosion "

False on all counts. First, he transports the nuke into the literal middle of nowhere, where he flies a few hundred meters away from the center, at most, before he's vaporized along with the helicopter. Then there's a massive time-skip between that event, and the time we're shown him regenerating.

How do I know? The most obvious point being, by the time we're shown him regenerating, we see no effects of the nuke remaining. No fireball, adverse weather due to the effects, etc. Also, since he was erased in the middle of a large body of water 10-15 miles away from the coast of Manhattan, he was either eventually carried to the shore by the current of water, or carried to the shore by the nuke. The latter is highly unlikely all evidence presented, considering it would make no sense that he gets vaporized instantly yet continues to ride the nuke as scattered particles, and the shore has no structural damage. The former is more plausible.

So several minutes at the very least, to possibly multiple hours before we see him moving around as biomass drops before he consumes the crow. It seems like mid-high here.

I'm pretty sure Mercer's nearly (rather than actually) limitless stamina is due to him being worn down by James Heller in Prototype 2, notably looking weakened after he got his arms ripped out by Heller. Sure, Heller's fight with Mercer (as well as Heller himself as a character) reeks heavily of PIS, but that is unfortunately still canon.

We can contradict Mercer's anti-feat of Regenerationn/stamina by instead using his Prototype 1 Regenerationn feat of reforming from a red biomass puddle using a crow's biomass, but that is the best we can do to oppose and overwrite that anti-feat, as Mercer doesn't have much on-screen Regenerationn feats aside from healing a huge hole in his head and recovering from a nuclear blast later on.

As for the time-skip, it could be likely that the writers of Prototype 1 didn't have extensive scientific knowledge about how nukes work or just didn't do much research about them, so your assumed time-skip involves a bit of too much speculation. The time gap between when the explosion happened and when Mercer recovered was never elaborated, so we don't even know how big or small the time gap is supposed to be. At worst, the time it took for Mercer's remains to be carried to the shore could've been a couple of minutes for all we know, which is when the crow got consumed. I doubt we would even have full knowledge of the time gap.

As for the Mid-High Regenerationn: Mid-High is when a regenerator could reform from being reduced to ashes, dusts, smoke, vapours. We clearly see Mercer recovering after consuming the crow as a red puddle, and regenerating from being that puddle. How does this give Mercer Mid-High Regenerationn, when we didn't even see him being reduced into ashes, smoke, dusts, or vapours and then regenerating from it?

we don't see mercer vaporized for sure.

yes it is some what implied in a way he got completely engulfed in the fire ball that vaporized the choper and hit mercer but the thing is mercer is a lot and i mean a LOT more durable then a basic helicopter so its very unlikely that he got totally vaporized, but if it did vaporize him it is possible that he regenarted from vapour into small droplets of blood and then fully regen but that would only give him mid-high over time and almost unaplicable in combat while his low-high is way more versitile as with he can regenarate in mere seconds.

1. Those are still anti-feats. Mercer should have no issue regenerating or doing much of anything when he's only missing his arms. He was capable of movement as drops, as was the Parasite. What's even worse is that his arms weren't consumed, yet he was written off as dead. The Parasite could regenerate from a puddle as well, yet in the final fight he's killed from decapitation.

2. There's no speculation about a time-skip, it exists. A helicopter with a max speed of 222mph does not cover 10 miles on-screen in less than 20 seconds. There's no way Mercer who was reduced to what he was, made it to the shore when the nuke clearly didn't, and at any speed comparable to the helicopter at that.

2.5 Carrying on from my last point and touching on the topic of Regenerationn, he does get vaporized. In the still-frame image provided, he spontaneously combusts from the sheer heat of the explosion before he's engulfed in its entirety. You can see nearly half of his body already burned out of existence. There's no other rational argument suggesting anything else happened to him that resulted in him ending up as drops several miles away. There's also no time limit on Regenerationn @Sir Sun Man.

Also because I know somebody is going to say it eventually, Alex did not need the crow, it simply made things quicker. The Parasite, which was synthesized from Alex's own DNA regenerated from a puddle of its own biomass, and grew a hand back in seconds. Alex not only scales to that, but had to regenerate from far less biomass.

I suppose that this seems to make sense, but you should preferably ask the members listed in the Prototype verse page to comment here first,

1) Yeah, I don't know how Mercer was able to kill the Supreme Hunter through decapitation either, despite the latter's feat of reforming from a puddle. Unless we assume Mercer has Regenerationn Negation (but there isn't much evidence for such an ability through his physical attacks, last I've checked. Probably. I don't really know, but he can definitely negate Regenerationn up to his level with his consume ability, which I haven't seen him do to the Supreme Hunter), that is most likely a plot hole. However, we don't generally judge the scale of Regenerationn by stamina last I've checked, so I'm fine with Mercer having truly limitless stamina (as him needing biomass to speed up his Regenerationn doesn't mean that he would become exhausted eventually, especially since there are evidences that he doesn't need internal organs to operate in the canon).

Though that reminds me of something:

"Can regenerate damage as long as he has enough biomass." That needs to be fixed. As it has already been established that Mercer doesn't actually need biomass to regenerate (he only needs it to heal faster, which is supported by the Health Regenerationn upgrade in-game and Mercer scaling to the Supreme Hunter being able to reform from nothing but his own puddle), we need to re-edit that into something like "Can regenerate damage at maximum speed as long as he has enough biomass". Heck, none of Mercer's limitations in his profile states that he needs biomass to outright regenerate, just that his Regenerationn is "drastically lower if he has low biomass".

That type of misinterpretation has actually confused some of the users who've read his profile here, convincing them that Mercer "can't heal at all" if he doesn't have enough biomass, which I'm pretty sure isn't the case for the reasons I've mentioned.

2) I mean, I thought you were basically implying that the time skip can take around days to weeks (or even more) due to not seeing the aftermath of a nuke (since I recall that's how long it takes for the lingering effects of a nuclear explosion's aftermath to completely end), but then I've forgotten about you mentioning that the time skip happens at around several minutes to possible multiple hours. If that point of yours was actually about the time gap happening at around several minute at minimum to possibly multiple hours, then I might've misinterpreted what you've stated there. If so, then my mistake.

2.5) Yeah, I don't think I have any counters to that. Based from that picture, it looked a little more than just "nearly half his body" getting burnt, especially since it looks like he's getting incinerated from the inside and out (you can clearly see fiery light being emitted from his eyes, mouth, and other parts of his body being annihilated). While one would normally argue that superhuman durability is what allowed him to survive as a puddle, that is kind of opposed by the fact that we can clearly see him being cooked from inside and out (and then some) in that picture, so Regenerationn should plausibly be the main factor for why he survives that. While I personally think that his Regenerationn should be Low-High, that type of incineration (especially from an atomic bomb) should've wiped out all of the cells of a being with durability inferior to its destructive output (which Mercer clearly is, seeing as he'a tier 8-A in Prototype 1 and Low 7-C in Prototype 2, both of which are inferior to AP to the tier 7-B nuke in Prototype 1), so I'm fine with Mercer having Mid-High Regenerationn based from that.

well shit, there is nothing to argue ageinst that point its littrealy there yeah im fine with mercer being mid-high( which makes the prototype 2 ending even more Bulls*it then it originaly was) but yeah im all for mid-high mercer

Yes, in lack of better options, we will likely have to go with the consensus. Have you reached a decision?

For when we have to go with the consensus:

Just link Mercer's Mid-High Regenerationn to the picture of his feat (him being incinerated from the inside and out by the nuclear explosion) and add a justification to his Mid-High Regenerationn, like most of Mercer's listed abilities in his profile, and you're golden.

Along with making the changes on the wording of the profile mentioned in this thread, we're pretty much done for this thread.

By the way, should we update the profiles of the other Blacklight characters (and maybe the Supreme Hunter as well) in Prototype into being Mid-High as well?

From what I can tell, the justifications for the extent of their Regenerationn is due to the implied scaling from Mercer (especially since their capabilities originated from Mercer), so them being comparable to Mercer in terms of Regenerationn shouldn't be too implausible.

I m with the Regenerationn being updated Mid-High.

I agree that The weakness of Regenerationn regarding Biomass should be removed.

DeathNoodles said:
By the way, should we update the profiles of the other Blacklight characters (and maybe the Supreme Hunter as well) in Prototype into being Mid-High as well?
From what I can tell, the justifications for the extent of their Regenerationn is due to the implied scaling from Mercer (especially since their capabilities originated from Mercer), so them being comparable to Mercer in terms of Regenerationn shouldn't be too implausible.
sounds fair

btw would that buff mercers and hellers absorption by a mile since they are able to consume other evolved that should have simular regen

DeathNoodles said:
If their Regenerationn scaled to Mercer than I am fine with the upgrade.

I also heard about Regenerationn negation point. Absorption can bypass Regenerationn as the target become part the user's body in fiction.

For example, I know a few characters in fiction that even negated up Mid-Godly Regenerationn with Absorption like Rimuru Tempest (Web Novel).

So, I would not be opposed to Regenerationn negation.

I don't think he ever consumed SH, there was no web of intrigue. Even those consumed off screen we see a WoI, such as when he absorbed the general.

Supreme Hunter and James Heller would be the only ones who scale to the regen though

Okay, neat point, Callsign Castle.

The biomass thing should be removed on James Heller and Supreme Hunter's profile. Honestly, speaking, I have no idea where the biomass Regenerationn thought come from when characters can be regenerated without much much absorption. Or at least in Prototype 2, the biomass point is barely mentioned or relevant from the story at least for Regenerationn, in my view.

For example,

Code:
Regenerationn ============ Enhances Heller's ability to get health back without the need to eat people. Level 1: Health bar regenerates up to 50% outside combat. Better than it sounds, since this Regenerationn is nearly instant. This saves a lot of wasted time wandering around eating people, and might also help ease your conscience. Level 2: +30% health from consuming things. This is GREAT. The best way to survive in a lot of fights is to consume people. Level 3: Health bar regenerates up to 100% outside combat. Level 4: Health bar slowly regenerates even in combat. The Regenerationn is painfully slow and will rarely make a difference.
Note, the inside combat thing likely is Game Mechanics, but I digress.

alrighty then since we are all in agreement someone should go to mercers, SH and hellers profs and change that

Elizhaa would you do us the honor?

Antvasima said:
So what are the conclusions here?
i suppose mercer, heller and suprem hunter are getting an upgrade to their regen to mid high

and no stamina or regen limitations

as they don't require it for either and it only boosts the speed of their regen

Okay. Can the rest of you verify that the new edits are correct?

yeah all is good although i would take the regenarated from a puddle thing form SH and add "scaling from alex mercer" instead as regening from a puddle is low-high and would confuse people to why SH has mid-high instead of low-high

For James Heller's profile:

Why did it say that he can regenerate from the molecular level? From what I can tell, that isn't Mid-High Regenerationn, that's High Regenerationn (which is when molecules, atoms, or particles gets involved). I thought we agreed that their Regenerationn gets updated to Mid-High through Mercer recovering from vapourisation feat?

For others:

I thought we agreed that Mercer (and probably the other Blacklight characters) have limitless stamina. Unless they still have a limit of to their stamina of some kind, hence the "nearly limitless stamina" still? If so, why is that the case?

As for the Evolved, why shouldn't they scale to Mercer's Regenerationn? They were granted Blacklight powers from Mercer himself, and were even stated/implied to be comparable to Prototype 1 Mercer. The only distinction I can find between Evolved and Prototypes is that the former tends to mainly use a transformed pair of weapons unique to them. So, why shouldn't they scale?

As for the Regenerationn Negation: I mean, aside from consuming, Mercer was able to kill the Supreme Hunter through decapitation, despite the latter's feat of reforming from a puddle (which is Regenerationn feat that triumphs Mid Regenerationn, and you'll need Mid Regenerationn to regenerate from decapitation). I'm not sure if that's enough for Mercer to have Regenerationn Negation, but I can't find any other plausible way for Mercer to be able to kill SH aside from that.

@DeathNoodles

Mid-High regen negation would partially explain why Alex died to Mercer without regenerating

Typo oc.

Don't most of the infected, especially Alex and Heller, have the same abilities?

For the Blacklight infected, they should. I guess the same should apply to the Supreme Hunter as well as he is synthesised from Alex Mercer's own DNA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back