• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if it applies to evolved. They haven't shown any sort of Regenerationn involving the limbs, head, etc.

They're just humans that can manifest weapons, they haven't shown the basic Blacklight runner abilities such as consuming, shapeshifting, etc.

Also, James Heller's high Regenerationn come from a WoI statement that says Alex Mercer can control every drop of the virus in existence, down to the molecular level.

It was removed because there was no "evidence" that he could regenerate from molecules, despite a scientist specializing in the study of the virus saying he can control every molecule in existence.

Callsign Castle said:
I'm not sure if it applies to evolved. They haven't shown any sort of Regenerationn involving the limbs, head, etc.

They're just humans that can manifest weapons, they haven't shown the basic Blacklight runner abilities such as consuming, shapeshifting, etc.
Aside from using powers, Evolved also poses other passive abilities such as using varieties of disguise or consuming, and in some cases, they possess developed tracking skills or the ability to prevent their own tracking. -From Prototype wikia regarding the Evolved

Information from the Prototype wikia kind of contradicts what you've said (and they tend to reference directly from the game). As for Regenerationn, wasn't one of their feats being that they can easily regrow a limb (which is listed in the Evolved's profile)?

They seem like they can scale to Mercer's Regenerationn to me, especially since Mercer was the one who granted them those powers similar to his.

Well, if Mercer's High Regenerationn was debunked due to lack of evidence, I don't see why Heller should have such, regardless on whether or not he scales by consuming Mercer.

I'm basically suggesting that the "molecular level Regenerationn" (which is High Regenerationn, not Mid-High) description in Heller's profile should be removed, and replace that with "Should be comparable to Alex Mercer" for his Regenerationn.

I use information from the game not the wiki. Prominent evolved such as Sabrina Galloway, Dr. Koenig and Archer never showed shapeshifting or consuming other than to activate their arm blades.

Heller's regen scales to Alex's as discussed. I posted the other screenshots elsewhere.

Actually, if you've watched the Biobomber Evolved scene, you can clearly see that he was disguised as one of the Blackwatch soldiers, and had biobombed one of the soldiers as a distraction for Heller. When you attempt to consume him as Heller, the Biobomber threw Heller off and transformed into his true form (he looks like a discount Albert Wesker). Not only does that show that an Evolved could shapeshift, but they also have the consume ability as well (the Biobomber's disguise looks nothing like his true form, which doesn't even have a Blackwatch soldier attire, so he must've consumed a Blackwatch soldier).

So you see, an Evolved does have the ability to shapeshift and consume. Again, I don't see why Evolved shouldn't scale to Mercer's Regenerationn.

Callsign Castle said:
That's fine then.
Nice. What about stamina for Alex Mercer (and maybe the other Blacklight infected, along with the Supreme Hunter, as well)?

The stamina is still listed as "nearly limitless" rather than just limitless (which I'm pretty sure that's what your points are about, him never being able to physically tire because of being made out of biomass. Though Mercer being able to operate without the need for internal organs, such as when he was able to walk around with a huge hole in his head, should also be further proof that he can't be worn down conventionally) in the profiles. So, does Alex Mercer have some kind of limitation to his stamina that prevents him from achieving the truly limitless state?

Callsign Castle said:
Not that I know of. What about the possible regen negation?
The possible Regenerationn Negation comes from Mercer being able to kill the Supreme Hunter through decapitation (despite the latter's feat of being able to reform from his own puddle quite easily), and Heller being able to rip Mercer's arms off with Mercer failing to regrow them back (despite the fact that he is implied to have more than enough biomass to regrow them back).

I'm almost certain that's just bad writing rather than an ability though. All abilities are usually well-defined by the verse.

Callsign Castle said:
I'm almost certain that's just bad writing rather than an ability though. All abilities are usually well-defined by the verse.
Hmm.

Well, even if there isn't enough evidence for Regenerationn Negation through their physical attacks, there's still their consume ability. Their Absorption has worked against practically all of the enemies they have ever faced, regardless of the regenerative abilities of their enemies, so they should have Regenerationn Negation through their Absorption.

Same as before, but the aforementioned Blacklight characters (including the Evolved, which wasn't included before due to misinterpretations about them not having shapeshifting and absorption like their Prototype counterparts. The misinterpretations has been resolved though) now actually have limitless stamina, and Regenerationn Negation through their Absorption. Along with Mid-High Regenerationn being updated for the Evolved.

Regarding the Regenerationn scalong, I did link the this thread in the edits summary box if one want to see the scaling or reasoning

I guess it is better to go with a better safe than sorry approach and and the skills so I will.

by the by why do alex and james have the weakenss to electricity, mercer quite litrally has it in his powers that he has resistense to electricity scaling from the hydra and heller should scale from mercer

and before i go i just wanted to ask a few things

why is heller and mercer only supersonic+ since you know mercer was supersonic+(4.6 times sound) since mid game of p1 and he had over 2 years of evolution after that and even if we ain't gona use it we can use the fact that he got faster after consuming the 8 evolved(as it boosted all of his abilities) and is it really that far fetched to think that mercer got a whole woping 1.087 times faster(since 0.4 out of 4.6 is only 8.7%)? Making him base line hypersonic at least

i think both mercer and heller(since he kept up with mercer) should recive possibly hypersonic

also why is james class K when mercer is M and heller consumed him and all that

just add likly hypersonic to mercer and heller add class M to heller since he absorbed mercer and get rid of the electricity weakness for heller(i'll leave it for mercer since in the first game it is a weakness for him but im gona add a line where it states that he should be resistent to it by P2) and that should be it

ok changes added : likely hypersonic for both mercer and heller

the electricity weakness of mercer had "adapted to it by the start of the second game scaling from hydras)

Class M added to be likely for james heller due to his consumtion of mercer

and i also fixed a little speling mistake in SH prof as he was stated to be a week in half old i changed it to a week and a half old

thats preaty much all done

Reopening this for a second as i was asked to give a quick two cents but the Nuke feat wouldnt scale to Mercer nor would it be a feat for his Regenerationn, he would have died if not for a crow landing near what was left of his body which gave him enough biomass to actually regenerate after he was caught in the blast

What have you done...

"Also because I know somebody is going to say it eventually, Alex did not need the crow, it simply made things quicker. The Parasite, which was synthesized from Alex's own DNA regenerated from a puddle of its own biomass, and grew a hand back in seconds. Alex not only scales to that, but had to regenerate from far less biomass"

I think that this issue was settled and that we should close this thread again.

Yes. This has been settled already. We should close this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back