• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Alastor (Hazbin Hotel) Revisions

He killed lots Demon Lords when he manifested in hell. His raw power is absurd, and its still a mystery what allowed him to be powerful enough to outright slaughter demon lords that were governing for centuries.

I had the same thought when I first found out he did voodoo, but it hasn't been confirmed yet. Anyway, so it seems that Alastor > Great Demons, which are capable of destroying Safe Haven (described as its own self-contained world) according to Salvia in Zoophobia. Since Hazbin and Zoo are in the same universe, Alastor should be rated 5-B

WeeklyBattles said:
Yes Zoophobia and Hazbin are in the same universe
Can you actually give a source on where Vivzie confrimed their in the same universe? I couldn't find anything about it myself.

I understand that Alastor and the demons in general wouldn't die as long as their soul exists and they could even have a Low-Godly regen

Where exactly is it stipulated ?

Low-Godly came from the creator confirming that Sir Pentious regenerating from Angel's tommy gun bullets and the explosion of the blimp. Since he basically regenerated his soul, that's the reason for the regen rating

Vivziepop cites that only angels can kill demons in Hell, I haven't seen a Low-Godly regen or a passage stating that they are "alive" as long as their souls subsist

At what time code is it exactly said ?

It's not explicitely stated within that podcast, but it's implied from the context within the show. Since Vivzie stated that physical wounds can't kill them, only having their soul erased can do that, and their bodies are manifestaions of their souls, and they can regenerate from most everything, that fits into the definition of Low-Godly

I have to unsubscribe from this thread due to time constraints. You can notify me later via my message wall if you need my help after you have reached a conclusion.

Sorvoe551 said:
It's not explicitely stated within that podcast, but it's implied from the context within the show. Since Vivzie stated that physical wounds can't kill them, only having their soul erased can do that, and their bodies are manifestaions of their souls, and they can regenerate from most everything, that fits into the definition of Low-Godly
I would also like to know where it says that Sir Pentious and demons in general can regen any damage, I surely missed this detail if it's mentioned somewhere

In the video i linked

There's also stuff directly in the show like Charlie saying that the Angels erase the souls of the demons they purge and Angel saying that he cant be killed no matter what Vaggie wanted to do to him

Overlord775 a écrit: The erasure he mentions seems more hyperbolic than literal
Est-ce qu'Alastor ne devrait pas avoir d'effacement d'existence depuis que Veggie a déclaré qu'il pouvait les effacer?
The erasure he mentions seems more hyperbolic than literal

• She
It wouldn't make sense if it wasn't litteral, as demons can't be perma killed normally outside of angel weaponry

Vaggie probably more meant that Angels would come and erase them for being involved with the deadly force that is Alastor

It would certainly take more credibility in view of the visible regen of demons, but it may still be only hyperbolic

Know that this is something quite easy to wank

WeeklyBattles said:
In the video i linked
There's also stuff directly in the show like Charlie saying that the Angels erase the souls of the demons they purge and Angel saying that he cant be killed no matter what Vaggie wanted to do to him
By the way, you didn't answer me

@Sorvo

Angels only come to kill demons during the yearly purge, also their weapons don't erase, just deal permanent wounds

@Enigma

Is there ANY good reason she would say that he would erase them instead of killing them if he couldn't to that ?

Rememeber, Veggie very much knows the radio demon and about it's powers

Overlord775 said:
@Sorvo
Angels only come to kill demons during the yearly purge, also their weapons don't erase, just deal permanent wounds

@Enigma

Is there ANY good reason she would say that he would erase them instead of killing them if he couldn't to that ?

Rememeber, Veggie very much knows the radio demon and about it's powers
A lot of characters say other words instead of "kill", like "annihilate", "seal his fate" or in this case "erase us", which can then lead to confusion and cause wank

It can be ways of speaking

@Overlord

Do you think Angels or God would stand by and do nothing if a powerful force suddenly appeared and threatened the balance of the universe?

As for the Angels, it's been confirmed that only they can kill demons with their weaponry and it only works by erasing their souls

As far as is known, the only time angels come into Hell and kill demons is during the yearly "purges", and otherwise Hell and its denizens are left to their own devices. Alastor's been there and been a major threat since the 30s and action hasn't been taken on him. Plus it seems that he hasn't actively done anything to mark him an interdimensional threat (especially since we know demons can go to and interact with the living world, as shown in Helluva Boss).

And as far as demons killing demons, I doubt it's impossible. Why would anyone be afraid of Alastor if he can't cause any permanent harm to anyone? I just think that demons are significantly more durable than humans, but can still be killed with enough power. The exterminator-angels just either have enough power to do so, or angelic weapons can bypass their durability like most other Heaven vs. Hell fantasy settings.

Its because the Purges are meant to be impartial, theyre not allowed to target specific demons and demons are entirely allowed to defend themselves

It was actually flat out stated by vivzie that they work by erasing souls

Further proof from the Hazbin Wiki that Angels kill demons by erasing their souls:

"According to Vivziepop on YouTuber Artisim Podcast's Episode 59, only the Exterminators can really and truly kill the citizens of Hell using their special tools."

"Sometimes when a killing is done and if tools are left behind, other demons will steal them and sell them on a black market so demons can kill others."

Also its not just 'Demons are more durable than humans', Sir Pentious was literally blow to pieces in episode 1 and he regenerated as he is confirmed to be a recurring character

Because Alastor used a summoned monster to blow up Pentious' blimp, which he was inside. He regenerated from it and was ultimately fine

We mainly used it as justification because Alastor is way more powerful than Pentious and before confirmation from Vivzie, we assumed Pentious survived with no damage. However, since Alastor should be more powerful than the shadows he summons and lore from Zoophobia puts him at 5-B, Alastor can be "At least 5-B, at least Low 7-C with summons"

Back