• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, this is a tough one. Garnet is much stronger and more durable that base and Shin Akuma and has precognition, but Akuma is much faster. Then again, Akuma has the Raging Demon, but it's kinda hard to determine whether or not this would work on Garnet considering it targets negative emotions and her entire existence is derived from the love between Ruby and Sapphire. Hmm...I'll give it to Garnet.

Just for point of reference,

Garnet is allowed to split into ruby and Sapphire if her physical form dies,and can form whenever she wants

Morals are off

Both fighters can use whatever they have got

But I would also give this to Garnet just about, Garnet has better rangetechniques as well as durability and limitless energy

I don't know if Shun Goku Satsu will work on Garnet, because she isn't technically "alive"...

Garnet wins this one for me, Akuma's best attack probably won't work

I think that the Raging Demon would work much on Garnet cuz she is like... a rock, Akuma is faster but Gartnet's precognition compensate that speed difference; if Akuma doesn't known how to kill Garnet, eventually he will lose

Garnet should win this as she doesn't have a potential weakness to the SGS, and greater strength. The speed difference is great, but precog would give her a lucky one-shot, and she'd know how and where to hit after that.

I prefer Akuma more, but I can't defend him here.

Garnet has like thousands of years worth of fighting experience on top of the facts stated above.

Gonna go with Garnet for having ''much'' greater combat experience in addition to the above reasons.

I s u-c l o n e said:
Maybe I'm missing something, but according to the profiles Akuma is considerably weaker than Garnet. So why is this a debate?
They're still in the same tier range, as well as akuma having a few things better than Garnet to match hers

Except Akuma is only Island level, and Garnet is Large Country. The only thing that I saw on Akuma's profile that would help him is speed, but considering that his attacks would probably not do anything to her it seems a little one-sided. Especially if you count the fact that his best technique would most likely not work against her.

Akuma gets his shin form which makes it even

They're all still in the same tier range

And akuma has more things he can edge out

Jinx666 said:
Akuma gets his shin form which makes it even
They're all still in the same tier range

And akuma has more things he can edge out
Shin Akuma is Island level.

I understand that, but that's like saying a match between a character who is 5-C and one who is High 5-A is fair.

I don't really see what. His Raging Demon would most likely not work as Garnet is basically a sentient rock. His speed advantage doesn't really help him since Garnet's dura is greater than his AP.

Jinx666 said:
Well idk properly why
Ask the maker of the thread

But they're the same tier range so it is legit
I would, but the OP I believe has been banned.

I would think that a match can still be a stomp if two characters are in the same tier range. For example Naruto (5-C) vs Frieza in his First Form (High 5-A).

Eh. Not my problem

DBZ characters are really vague in theie tier range since we can't properly scale the power levels

And if Akuma edges out in something or is on equal footing with most of the things then its fine

Jinx666 said:
Eh. Not my problem
DBZ characters are really vague in theie tier range since we can't properly scale the power levels

And if Akuma edges out in something or is on equal footing with most of the things then its fine
You're not entirely wrong, though Frieza's tier came from a calc.

Except he doesn't. Speed doesn't help him, and Raging Demon doesn't do anything.

I really don't see how this is fair in the first place. As what Weekly and the others say, Akuma has a move that would have one-shot Garnet....if it can work which can't given what I s u-c pointed out earlier.

He also has a major speed advantage but that really doesn't do him any good with somebody whose Ap and Durability is in the Large Country Busting Range which beats Akuma's Island level tier.

It also doesn't help that Garnet has pre-cog which, depending how good it is in combat, may allow her an even bigger advantage by knowing what Akuma would do next and such.

What if Oni Akuma was allowed

He's unknown but no doubt he could take on Garnet

Idk, the creator should be able to tell once they're unbanned

Jinx666 said:
What if Oni Akuma was allowed
He's unknown but no doubt he could take on Garnet

Idk, the creator should be able to tell once they're unbanned
I don't know much about Street Fighter, but a jump in power like that doesn't make much sense. Unless there is enough evidence of course.

What I S u said. That and even if we did allow Oni Akuma, he's likely would not be anywhere near Garnet's Large Country tier.

If anything, i'm closing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back