• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akira Tendou Vs A Giant Cockroach (2-3-0)

I believe akira takes this comfortably. Akira has insane reactions and acrobatics that can evade attacks from huge characters or rather monsters just as animalistic as this cockroach or even more intelligent as said creatures can do things that require fast thinking. Akira just seeks out and aims for the cockroaches weak points bringing it down momentarily

I was waiting to see if any DnD supporter would pull up to this thread but it seems they aren't interested. Anyway, Akira is not taking this fight as easily as you think at all. In fact, he would struggle immensely.

First, the cockroach's AP is 8.12 MJ, over 7 times higher than Akira's AP. What this means is that not only will Akira have a lot of trouble harming it, any attack from it will also severely injure if not oneshot him outright.

Second, the cockroach's horrible stench causes nausea the moment it is inhaled which when combined with its mobility will make it extremely difficult to even hit it (the stench is the only reason it has an inconclusive match with Huijin Park on its profile despite being massively outclassed in terms of skill). The fact that Akira isn't an exceptional gunner by any means doesn't help either.

Finally, Akira won't be able to avoid the cockroach's attacks for the same reasons as why he can't hit it. It's more agile than anything he has ever fought (at least from what I can see on his profile) and its stench will make him too dizzy to dodge.

Therefore, the outcome of the battle currently, in my honest opinion, is that Akira will get slaughtered and eaten by the cockroach.

I was waiting to see if any DnD supporter would pull up to this thread but it seems they aren't interested. Anyway, Akira is not taking this fight as easily as you think at all. In fact, he would struggle immensely.

First, the cockroach's AP is 8.12 MJ, over 7 times higher than Akira's AP. What this means is that not only will Akira have a lot of trouble harming it, any attack from it will also severely injure if not oneshot him outright.

Second, the cockroach's horrible stench causes nausea the moment it is inhaled which when combined with its mobility will make it extremely difficult to even hit it (the stench is the only reason it has an inconclusive match with Huijin Park on its profile despite being massively outclassed in terms of skill). The fact that Akira isn't an exceptional gunner by any means doesn't help either.

Finally, Akira won't be able to avoid the cockroach's attacks for the same reasons as why he can't hit it. It's more agile than anything he has ever fought (at least from what I can see on his profile) and its stench will make him too dizzy to dodge.

Therefore, the outcome of the battle currently, in my honest opinion, is that Akira will get slaughtered and eaten by the cockroach.
Oo i have great counter to these arguments you imposed. I'll get to it later cuz i have tests in a few hours

Anyway, Akira is not taking this fight as easily as you think at all. In fact, he would struggle immensely.
Oh mann it's the exact opposite and you'd be suprised.

1. It's 7 times stronger but it won't be able to hit akira due to his abilities I've stated.
2. A funny suprise. The whole team fought against the GIANT crusher (superior to regular ones) that could one-shot them but could outpace it's attacks even a AOE one with their agility, albeit slower than the creature. We've seen where akira individually dodged a swing from the giant crusher aswell. Although speed is equalised here, akira will be agile and skilled enough to dodge attacks from a creature with no tactical or timed strikes. The cockroach being bloodlusted will cause it to send out brainless attacks out of rage and hunger meaning it's atacks will be even more readable to akira. I find it crazy how you believe a animalistic creature albeit size and power would have a armed trained and smart person struggling in a state of "I want you to die".
3. You make it seem like akira is going to physically harm the cockroach here, no he isnt which is why he has a gun and that would mean death for akira anyway if he decided to engage physically.
4. Since we established that akira can already dodge this big guys attacks with skill, acrobattics and agility. The guy will also focus, not on the whole body of the cockroach at once but the parts its gonna attack him with. IM gonna add this as ANPR soon.

Second, the cockroach's horrible stench causes nausea the moment it is inhaled
the stench is the only reason it has an inconclusive match with Huijin Park on its profile despite being massively outclassed in terms of skill).
Idk how that match went but it shouldnt be so. Idk about huijin but akira's first reaction to the stench of a cockroach would be to...... cork his nose eliminating most of the effect. Overtime exposure to this stench would cause nausea but akira has more than enough time to end it before that which i will get into later.... and he can avoid the stench by corking his nose, the guy has above average intelligence on a impressive level as his profile makes it out to be. Wouldnt be strange for akira to do this, this ability would probably work on others (other animalistic creatures or creatures with no way to cover their nose) rather than those who have ways around it.

combined with its mobility will make it extremely difficult to even hit it
1. It's mobility upon legs will sure be crucial but its physical hits count, which have little to no chance of hitting akira. Compared to the crushers he faces, cockroaches have thin limbs which will be the only ranged weaponry it has.

2. Its mobility would be limited in a tight place (the skyscraper) and it wouldnt even be able to fly with the roof above it, so its movement and turning will be slowed down. A creature this big and long would need time to turn on spot similarly to regular cockroaches, its best movement would be it in a straight line.

The fact that Akira isn't an exceptional gunner by any means doesn't help either.
1. You're indeed right about that!! Infact, the guy has never shot a gun in his life nor did the guy know about gun safety or changing of mags. But despite this, with his intelligence, he adapted to using a gun;
With akira finding out that the monsters MIGHT have a weakspot. While the monster was distracted, he went in search of the weakpoint of the crusher and shot it with enough precision in a countdown timeframe (the place was gonna blow up) and right before a friend of him was about to get KO'd by said crusher. Theres alot more impressive things he did in these chapters too regarding guns but this one was the most impressive. As we know, a cockroach has so many weakpoints on its body like the spaces between its limbs or its underbelly and since guns have piercing damage up to 8-B iirc, akira would be able to take a range approach or close up to shoot it down in a short timeframe of less than 59 seconds as he did in the manga.

Finally, Akira won't be able to avoid the cockroach's attacks for the same reasons as why he can't hit it
He can with the many ways he stated above. Nor will he have the need to physically hit it. He can keep up with a normal crushers which has enough agility and brainpower to percieve and act against bullets by dodging and side stepping them and a individual normal crusher took out a group of trained soldiers with high powered weapons rather easily with akira and his team fighting back against dozens. That tells you how good these people are in terms of combat coordination with akira by himself not being behind in anyway. The feats presented makes normal crushers superior to these cockroaches in intelligence with the Giant Crusher being far superior to those normal crushers..... which akira killed with his weaponry despite not having knowledge of how to use said weapon. With what ive presented, i believe akira fights and kills greater foes with weaponry than the cockroach we have here. The giant crushers i would argue is comparable in size to these cockroaches aswell.

It's more agile than anything he has ever fought (at least from what I can see on his profile) and its stench will make him too dizzy to dodge.
Incredibly wrong, they fight against something that dodges high powered weapons by sidestepping and outpace aoe attacks from even more powerful foes so no. The stench argument is easily dealt with via corking his nose. He will kill the cockroach before its stench take great effect either way.

The outcome of this battle imo is that akira shoots the thing in its weakpoints until its out of motion or dead while dodging the cockroaches attacks effortlessly. It's only wincon here is it's stench.

Acrobatics is not a particularly notable ability. The cockroach can fly, which is objectively better than the acrobatics feats of Akira. There is something to be said for being marginally harder to hit, but the roach can also reach areas Akira most certainly couldn't. There is little chance Akira will be able to play significant range, even with his assault rifle- 10 meters isn't sufficient to justify this being a notable advantage compared against the superior mobility of the bug. Speed being equal, there's little more to say. Even a little bit of gained territory can sicken Akira due to the stench, which causes a negative feedback loop resulting in Akira's death.

Intelligence is the primary notable feature of the guy, but it's not as notable as you're saying. Those monsters specifically having a weakpoint does not create a weakpoint in the cockroach, nor would Above Average intelligence conjure something very particular from thin air. He may somewhat outmaneuver, given the right circumstances, but I really do doubt the significance of that in A. Central Park, and B. a situation where the cockroach has the advantage of mobility.

I ought to be clear that the stench is not an overtime effect, as painted by the defense of Akira. It is an instant effect, but the effect wears down as the battle rages. But as long as it is smelled, it prevents practically all notable actions by right of nausea, for about 20 seconds. The "notable actions" includes attacking, jumping, anything that requires the barest amount of attention. Moving is as normal, but that leads us back to previously discussed matters of a mobility advantage on the cockroach. So in reality, the match looks something like:

• The stench of the cockroach procs nigh-immediately, giving the cockroach time to close the gap and also attack.
  • Even if Akira survives these first instances of damage he is most certainly going to take (he probably won't, due to the AP difference), he is then contending with the beast in melee when he only has any semblance of a boon in ranged.
  • Akira's attacks will do minimal damage, whereas single hits from the roach will nearly kill the poor guy.

I'm not going to say it is impossible for Akira to win. Quick thinking may maintain a slight range advantage long enough to kill the roach. But we're talking like, 5%, maybe 10% at best, I reckon. Also, last thing, to be clear: the roach's main form of attacking is via bite, it uses its legs to grapple (that is, stick to enemies).

Acrobatics is not a particularly notable ability. The cockroach can fly, which is objectively better than the acrobatics feats of Akira. There is something to be said for being marginally harder to hit, but the roach can also reach areas Akira most certainly couldn't. There is little chance Akira will be able to play significant range, even with his assault rifle- 10 meters isn't sufficient to justify this being a notable advantage compared against the superior mobility of the bug. Speed being equal, there's little more to say. Even a little bit of gained territory can sicken Akira due to the stench, which causes a negative feedback loop resulting in Akira's death.

Intelligence is the primary notable feature of the guy, but it's not as notable as you're saying. Those monsters specifically having a weakpoint does not create a weakpoint in the cockroach, nor would Above Average intelligence conjure something very particular from thin air. He may somewhat outmaneuver, given the right circumstances, but I really do doubt the significance of that in A. Central Park, and B. a situation where the cockroach has the advantage of mobility.

I ought to be clear that the stench is not an overtime effect, as painted by the defense of Akira. It is an instant effect, but the effect wears down as the battle rages. But as long as it is smelled, it prevents practically all notable actions by right of nausea, for about 20 seconds. The "notable actions" includes attacking, jumping, anything that requires the barest amount of attention. Moving is as normal, but that leads us back to previously discussed matters of a mobility advantage on the cockroach. So in reality, the match looks something like:

• The stench of the cockroach procs nigh-immediately, giving the cockroach time to close the gap and also attack.
  • Even if Akira survives these first instances of damage he is most certainly going to take (he probably won't, due to the AP difference), he is then contending with the beast in melee when he only has any semblance of a boon in ranged.
  • Akira's attacks will do minimal damage, whereas single hits from the roach will nearly kill the poor guy.

I'm not going to say it is impossible for Akira to win. Quick thinking may maintain a slight range advantage long enough to kill the roach. But we're talking like, 5%, maybe 10% at best, I reckon. Also, last thing, to be clear: the roach's main form of attacking is via bite, it uses its legs to grapple (that is, stick to enemies).
I'll contend in a few hours. Have test in a few hours

Firstly, there's a few misconceptions that need to be cleared up

He may somewhat outmaneuver, given the right circumstances, but I really do doubt the significance of that in A. Central Park, and B. a situation where the cockroach has the advantage of mobility.
They arent fighting in the standard place SBA gives. As such the movement and mobility arguments won't be effective. And if i didnt make it clear, they're fighting in one of this skyscraper's many stories. Btw;
1. Im unsure of the cockroach's height statistic albeit a skyscraper's column roof by average would be..... let's say a 14 foot tall. That being said the cockroach has limited space to encompass and no room to fly unless it wants to rush through a whole storey which its Ap wouldnt be enough to do that in a quick instance but overtime especially if the cockroach is smaller than this storey.
2. With flight disabled, the cockroach has to rely on its legs for mobility which;

A creature this big and long would need time to turn on spot similarly to regular cockroaches, its best movement would be it in a straight line.
This is being slowed by the tight environment aswell.

Acrobatics is not a particularly notable ability. The cockroach can fly, which is objectively better than the acrobatics feats of Akira.
Acrobattics helps the guy when it comes to dodging attacks with the help of his ANPR and skill. With mere ANPR alone, he was abke to dodge attacks from crushers so the same would apply here and his "not notable" acrobattics will be a crucial support to his ANPR. So it is quite notable i must say. The flight argument is debunked via setting until furthur notice.

There is something to be said for being marginally harder to hit, but the roach can also reach areas Akira most certainly couldn't.
If this is based off flight, its been debunked. Akira's Supersonic+ weapon is the mvp here, as the cockroach wont be able to dodge these bullets due to its size, far inferior speed and voidness of combat skill.

There is little chance Akira will be able to play significant range, even with his assault rifle- 10 meters isn't sufficient to justify this being a notable advantage compared against the superior mobility of the bug.
The bugs mobility mvp is its flight which you've made clear to me, and we know the drill about flight until furthur notice. Also no, akira as I've proven is quite proficient with a rifle meaning that he likely wont miss and making it worse, his target is massive making it a easier target. Let's say it COULD fly, It still wont be able to dodge automatic gunfire as its rushing towards akira's location and these automatic fire would probably defeat the thing before it gets to akira as all these shots are heading towards its weakpoints and move and are able to close the distance between them in Milliseconds. He could even disable its wings by creating holes in them with his bullets. Its not all loss for akira as his enemy is massive and cannot dodge bullets and akira is a adapted gunner who aims for weakpoints so.

Those monsters specifically having a weakpoint does not create a weakpoint in the cockroach
? No because we all know cockroaches have weakpoints. These giant cockroaches are based off the same irl pest that grudge us daily. Cockroaches has weakpoints such as their limbs (the muscles between connected point) and torso/underbelly as it contains their organs. The bullets can shred these areas with ease albeit overtime via piercing damage from automatic fire.

nor would Above Average intelligence conjure something very particular from thin air.
1. I could argue the rating doesnt matter seeing the feats of akira against major threats and overall planning. And with what I've shown, i dont understand why it would be impossible for him to conjure a plan this simple.
2. Why not? Akira has done it in a timeframe of -59 seconds with a High Tech Bioweapon. With a creature he'd be familiar with albeit in a far larger form, he'd be able to analyze the cockroach's body to shoot its weakpoints in a lesser time.

I ought to be clear that the stench is not an overtime effect, as painted by the defense of Akira. It is an instant effect, but the effect wears down as the battle rages. But as long as it is smelled, it prevents practically all notable actions by right of nausea, for about 20 seconds. The "notable actions" includes attacking, jumping, anything that requires the barest amount of attention. Moving is as normal, but that leads us back to previously discussed matters of a mobility advantage on the cockroach.
Hmm the stench rlly is the only wincon the cockroach has here, and with its nonstop perciverance via its bloodlust, akira would be in the range to smell its stench. Im thinking of giving akira prior knowledge about its stench ngl, as it enables akira with no moves once it gets in range.

The stench of the cockroach procs nigh-immediately, giving the cockroach time to close the gap and also attack.
The fighters start 10 meters away from each other while the cockroaches stench is under 10 meters in range via falling under the Several Meters rating. With prior knowledge, akira could escape the stench it harbors.

Even if Akira survives these first instances of damage he is most certainly going to take (he probably won't, due to the AP difference), he is then contending with the beast in melee when he only has any semblance of a boon in ranged.
Akira wont be hit due to his mobility advantages via AnPR and Acrobattics aswell as his own skill of fighting far superior monsters (crushers) IN EVERY category and defeating them with weapons without getting hit once when armed military forces couldnt. He wont need to engage in cqc with such a big opponent, infact in character he wouldnt as he's a caucious individual as he has acess to a gun which could range the hell out of the cockroach after escaping its vicinity via prediction and outplaying/outskilling. You're giving an animalistic creature too much credit, even thinking it could supposedly "hit" someone who defeats similar creatures unharmed which are on a entire different level than just a big cockroach. This cockroach has no stratergy or skill in combat and its moves will be easily predictable especially in a state of bloodlust and desperation from hunger while akira's ANPR is the exact counter to this creature's attacks.

Akira's attacks will do minimal damage, whereas single hits from the roach will nearly kill the poor guy.
Why do some of those here believe akira will engage with this cockroach in cqc when he has a weapon? His weapon has 8-B piercing damage, all akira needs to do is lock in, make his shots count and hit the crucial places.

The cockroach being bloodlusted will cause it to send out brainless attacks out of rage and hunger meaning it's atacks will be even more readable to akira
.... pls see as ive given a argument to the cockroaches melee attacks earlier in the debate.

Also, last thing, to be clear: the roach's main form of attacking is via bite, it uses its legs to grapple (that is, stick to enemies).
So its main attacks in this specific match would be to rush akira to bite him and swinging its legs to hit akira..... Akira's ANPR will come in clutch.

Akira has physical mobility on his side, expierence against similiar but superior foes, and range on his side via his weapon. I believe akira can take this effortlessly by shooting the weakpoints of the cockroach bringing it down, depending on where he hits aswell, spaces between limbs will take out the legs of the cockroach meaning it will eventually lose its capability to move, incacipating it or shooting its soft torso/belly which would likely kill it or at least bring it down as its organs are inside there.

Last edited:
I'm on a phone so you'll have to forgive my lack of formatting in replies.

On the subject of mobility: I wouldn't say they aren't effective, flying is still most certainly going to be a higher advantage than simple acrobatics. You also can't "disable" the cockroach's flight, that's simply not how it works. The cockroach doesn't magically lose its ability to fly indoors, and 14 feet is fairly generous clearance (and is about standard for one story in a skyscraper, iirc). Flight isn't off the table, which negates other subsequent points (the need for complex turning, and so on).

On the subject of acrobatics: his two listed feats are jumping far and climbing walls. Both things the roach does, better. His dodge advantage is nonexistent. Again, if anything, the roach has it.

On the subject of the rifle being faster: it is, but not by an immense amount, and given the bug's mobility, it will dodge some. It can see the source, after all, even a human could dodge some rounds under such conditions, and they lack the advantages of the bug. I acknowledge that Akira's AP even the field somewhat, but I gather he needs time to analyze his foe which, as mentioned, won't happen due to the stench. Furthermore, as stated, the damage is very minor. The sheer AP advantage makes it so. Between missed shots and the roach just tanking it, a mag or two is unlikely to win the day. The cockroaches stench has a range of 30 feet- centimeters under ten meters. Any loss of ground and Akira's cooked.

On the subject of Akira fighting far superior monsters: Forgive me, but I really genuinely doubt this, and would like proof. You say literally all departments, so show me Akira killing creatures 7x stronger.

On the subject of 8-B piercing damage: This is not accepted on the profile.

You also can't "disable" the cockroach's flight, that's simply not how it works.
Oh no, im not restricting anything, like I've stated;
That being said the cockroach has limited space to encompass and no room to fly unless it wants to rush through a whole storey which its Ap wouldnt be enough to do that in a quick instance but overtime especially if the cockroach is smaller than this storey.
In summary, depending on how tall the cockroach is compared to the 14 feet tall storey, It may have diffuculty taking off in such a confined space especially for a creature as big as its self. As I've stated tho, it really depends on how big the cockroach is as the cockroach isnt gonna magically phase through the ceiling while flying. Either the place is too confined for it to fly or it can fly due to being smaller enough to maneuver.

Flight isn't off the table, which negates other subsequent points (the need for complex turning, and so on).
As I've stated above. The cockroach might be too confined here to fly depending on how big it is. Please do state how big it is.

On the subject of acrobatics: his two listed feats are jumping far and climbing walls. Both things the roach does, better. His dodge advantage is nonexistent. Again, if anything, the roach has it.
The roach climbs walls normally similarly to how normal irl roaches do, via retractables in their legs just like other insects. How is that better than akira's? He does it casually without any enhancements or special abilities while carrying load on him. The roach can probably jump higher but does that really matter in a confined space? No. His dodge advantage still exists via his ANPR aswell as his own skill which I've made countless arguments for, the cockroaches swings and charges are gonna be an open book to Akira especially against a animalistic bloodlusted insect. I've already shown proof of akira dodging and outpacing attacks (even AOE) and keeping up with characters equivalent in size and more skilled than the cockroach we have here above.

On the subject of the rifle being faster: it is, but not by an immense amount, and given the bug's mobility, it will dodge some.
1. Speed is equalised so the combat speed of akira gets minimized down to that of the cockroach meaning that these guys scale to 37.31 m/s (Subsonic) and a M4 Carbine is 880 m/s..... that makes the bullets from the gun 23.58x faster than than these guys combat speed..... wdym not by a massive amount. The blitz amount on this site iirc is 6x, the bullets will blitz the thing hell and back.
2. Mobility won't help it, its moving dozens of times slower than the bullets with its mobility and with its body being massive while the bullets being small will cause each hit to connect.

It can see the source, after all, even a human could dodge some rounds under such conditions, and they lack the advantages of the bug
Wouldnt said humans be more skilled than the bug either way. Cant compare a more skilled human to something that just has the capabilities of flight along with being just as fast as these humans.... and think these bugs having an advantage above something incomparable means anything.

I acknowledge that Akira's AP even the field somewhat, but I gather he needs time to analyze his foe which, as mentioned, won't happen due to the stench.
AP? I assume you meant ANPR? But no, the scans state akira doesnt focus on the body of his opponents but the parts which the opponent uses to attack him, slowly adapting to their fighting style. And as you've said here;

Also, last thing, to be clear: the roach's main form of attacking is via bite, it uses its legs to grapple (that is, stick to enemies).
This means the only notable form of attack the cockroach has here is swings from its legs which akira can easily dodge for reasons above along with outskilling.

On the subject of Akira fighting far superior monsters: Forgive me, but I really genuinely doubt this, and would like proof. You say literally all departments, so show me Akira killing creatures 7x stronger.
I've already adressed that above with @AThe1412. Please read that part of the debate.

On the subject of 8-B piercing damage: This is not accepted on the profile.
I thought it was widely known across vsbw that guns have tier 8 piercing damage akin to a calculation ive seen and the countless times I've seen stuff like this mentiones in many threads.

What's stopping the cockroach from going into stealth (that's statistically better than straight invisibility, plus Akira lacking enhanced senses) and straight ambush Akira and one shot?
How good is its stealth? It doesnt seem to be as OP on the profile like ur making it out to be. You're implying to me here the cockroach could do the batman disappear act even tho they start off facing each other.

Albeit everything. I do think the mvp of the cockroach here is Not its stealth, size, AP or mobility. Its due to the stench which akira has no resistance to, keeping ahead of the cockroach will cause the cockroach to get into stealth to then creep up on akira inducing him with its stench and committing the final blow. As such i switch my vote to the cockroach.

Albeit everything. I do think the mvp of the cockroach here is Not its stealth, size, AP or mobility. Its due to the stench which akira has no resistance to, keeping ahead of the cockroach will cause the cockroach to get into stealth to then creep up on akira inducing him with its stench and committing the final blow. As such i switch my vote to the cockroach.
Depending on how the cockroach's stealth works and if my non-flight argument was effective then i might go back to akira.

The cockroach is medium, which translates to its maximum length being 8 feet, and minimum being 4 feet. Most often you'd be looking at 5-6. Such a creature would have no more a problem navigating the inside of a building than Akira would performing acrobatics. It is most certainly smaller by volume than a human.

Back