• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akira Tendou Fights The Imposter (7-3-0) Grace

Everyone is claiming the AP gap between the two is 1.3x, but that’s not the case
Now that i realize. I didnt compare their AP in numbers correctly. Sorry about that, Akira is 1.08x stronger than akira here.

The imposter is shown to be far stronger than the crewmates, easily one-shoting them. As such, both are likely equal in strength.
Ive stated and implied multiple times they are technically evenly matched in strength numerous times in this debate such as;
The imposter has every advantage possible to maneuver around akira's strength (it has class 5 LS) and Inferior but some skill even his gadgets and a firearm and it's physical weaponry like it's tongueEVEN THE MAP WHICH ITS FAMILIAR WITH to be using oxygen depletion to kill a technically equal strength opponent.
Despite me getting their numbers wrong, i still acknowledged what the imposter scales from.
In that case, I personally don’t see how Akira can take them down as quickly as Fallen Angel is claiming.
I beg you pardon? The reason the imposter gets taken out fast here is due to the combat and skill ability of akira. He would beat the imposter to a pulp as it decides to engage akira in cqc, albeit overtime and he wouldnt be able to escape akira actively doing this.

because they can easily defeat the crew, making other tactics unnecessary.
No, this is because that's whats in-character for the imposter to do. That's the point of their role in the game, to kill the cremates by physical means albeit having the capabilities to sabatoge numerous important areas on their ship to distract them from their tasks and its murders. It knows it can defeat the crewmates as they cant fight back which is why it uses cqc to kill. This point isnt very solid. If we see goku actively shoot a kamehameha to end every match, why cant i assume he'd do that in a versus debate? It applies here, the imposter actively engages its victims in close combat as a starting move.

In my eyes, an assassin-type like that wouldn’t just resort to the same tactics over and over again hoping that this time it would work
I dont disagree and im in complete agreement with this perspective of the imposter. I also see the imposter as someone who'd try each and every tactic from least to greatest But it has too many ways to attack akira here, with its hands, its tounge or use its gun up close and Ive already stated and acknowledge this point such as here;

The imposter has every advantage possible to maneuver around akira's strength (it has class 5 LS) and Inferior but some skill even his gadgets and a firearm and it's physical weaponry like it's tongue EVEN THE MAP WHICH ITS FAMILIAR WITH to be using oxygen depletion to kill a technically equal strength opponen
be)Because it has alot of range and against a stronger opponent it can just utilize piercing damage and range to fight back or just shoot bro, but we established that won't be a conclusion seeing the speed of akira. And if the imposter is the assasin as you claim it to be... Why would it be using gadgets and technology against a physical fighter when said assasin has stealth mastery, a long ass tongue and a literal fire arm to counter against.... Just a slightly stronger opponent
I obviously do not disagree with that point.

To that you may say, “but Akira’s way more durable and imposter would just resort to close quarters, making them lose.” Thing is, Akira’s durability actually makes it more in favor of imposter
He wont be able to harm akira with his physical hits. How's that an advantage?

They’d instead see an issue (ie, Akira dodging/tanking attacks) and then change their strategy (ie, escaping the situation and sabotaging oxygen.)
Ive already stated the tactics the imposter would use against akira and why'd they'd be ineffective and it's not all due to his durability and suit multiple times, and ive debunked why the imposter would sabotage oxygen as a first move. The moment it rushes akira will be the moment it would lose as akira would beat the imposter until it cant move as it realizes it has a gun and we all know using a gun to shoot its opponent is one of the imposters starting move, albeit after it incacipates its opponents by hitting them to the ground.

That’s not cowardly, that’s working smarter rather then harder.
That would be true if it didnt use this as a last resort when it wants to rid all crewmates at once despite them not even being able to fight back. It has other ways to work smarter than harder, like simply being the assasin it is and locking off the lights then use its stealth to sneak akira in the dark and use piercing damage or shoot him with its gun. But ive established why this doesnt work either.
Yes, Akira’s pretty skilled, but do you seriously think someone with the skill of an average college rugby player would be able to overcome a shapeshifting stealthy alien parasite assassin? Personally, I don’t think so
First of all, Yes, btw the shapeshifter and the imposter are different entity. This said alien kills victims who cant fight back WITH stealth, something it needs or its getting booted outside the ship to die. This doesnt sound impressive at all for combat skill.
Secondly, What skill feats does the imposter has to match akira? The ones presented were simply feats applicable in the form of science and tech, not combat.
Thirdly, Ive already given skill feats for akira in combat which would be enough to piece up the imposter in cqc. The imposter remains less skilled unless feats are brought up about its skills in combat.
4th, whats the downplay here for? Which average rugby player is tackling a inhumanely obese creature through 3 doors and over the edge of an apartment while fatigued or running a sparthlaton in a short timeframe? Thats an insult to my boi.

P.S. speed is equalized, so stop claiming that Akira would be able to dodge attacks and rush imposter down when they can do the same exact thing (if not better bc of shapeshifting and stealth)
So what if speed is equalized? He would be able to dodge the imposter's attacks due to his superior skill and acrobatics here, whats wrong with that reasoning? Are you saying it is not possible to dodge attacks as fast as you with these advantages? He Also doeSnt need to rush the imposter either, the imposter's starting move against an opponent he's about to face is rushing them to kill them as we see in the game and it wouldnt be strange for me to say this as theyre locked in the cafeteria with no one around to see the imposter commit this murder, and this is why it loses. Getting intp cqc with akira would end up with akira beating it until it cant move as akira would realize its armed and has a long sharp tounge. Akira is gonna quickly finish it.

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long, was a little busy.
Anyways…
I beg you pardon? The reason the imposter gets taken out fast here is due to the combat and skill ability of akira. He would beat the imposter to a pulp as it decides to engage akira in cqc, albeit overtime and he wouldnt be able to escape akira actively doing this.
First of all, Yes, btw the shapeshifter and the imposter are different entity. This said alien kills victims who cant fight back WITH stealth, something it needs or its getting booted outside the ship to die. This doesnt sound impressive at all for combat skill.
Secondly, What skill feats does the imposter has to match akira? The ones presented were simply feats applicable in the form of science and tech, not combat.
Thirdly, Ive already given skill feats for akira in combat which would be enough to piece up the imposter in cqc. The imposter remains less skilled unless feats are brought up about its skills in combat.
4th, whats the downplay here for? Which average rugby player is tackling a inhumanely obese creature through 3 doors and over the edge of an apartment while fatigued or running a sparthlaton in a short timeframe? Thats an insult to my boi.
Your main argument here is that Akira is far more skilled than the imposter with no skill feats being shown for them. That would be fair, if not for the several points I have seen that show the imposter as being at equal, if not greater level than Akira.

Crewmates in among us are all depicted as astronauts capable of doing (what would realistically be) difficult and long missions to other planets. According to NASA themselves, their minimum requirements for being an astronaut include 20/20 vision, 1,000 hours in piloting jet aircraft, and the physical fitness test, which in of itself includes needing to swim a length of 25 meters 3 times without stopping. Also, astronauts are required to react quickly and logically in every action, as well as able to handle the pressures, temperatures, and difficulties space brings. Remember, this is the minimum, going to far away planets like Polus with extremely low temperatures would require far more intense training, so clearly, the crewmates are very skilled not just intellectually, but physically as well; and the imposter can easily outsmart, sneak up on, and one shot them all. Pretty ******* skilled right?

Let’s compare this to Akira:
I’ll admit, I was kinda downplaying him when I called Akira an “average rugby player” but I still feel the need to criticize some of the points you’ve made.

Firstly, Akira’s main opponent he fights are zombies and, while I don’t know the specifics of how zombies act in bucket list of the dead, through culture as a whole and my own experience, I can safely say this: zombies are dumb. I don’t mean that as an insult, I mean zombies are literally brain dead, slow, predictable monsters only animalistic in intelligence. Yes, no normal guy can kill a zombie, of course, but in comparison to trained astronauts, you really don’t need that much skill to kill a zombie and more so just plain stats.

Second, you used Akira breaking down doors and running long distances as feats of skill. Hate to break it to you but, that’s still mainly just stats, something that we both agree both sides are equal at.
Yes, I know that my previous point of how skilled the crewmates are also made use of similar feats, but that wasn’t the point I tried to make. What I’m trying to say is that the crewmates are trained professionals who have a lot of experience, knowledge, and have went through several requirements to even be a candidate for their job, while Akira just reads to me like someone that happens to be strong enough to deal with the zombies without even trying too hard; it’s not like he was a world renowned athlete who used his years of experience to survive the apocalypse, I’m sorry for what I’m going to say, but he’s just some guy.

And third, as far as I know, the only time Akira has ever dealt with somebody of similar intelligence and skill was when he still played rugby. Now, I shouldn’t need to tell you that being really good at rugby and being capable of assassinating and manipulating several trained astronauts aren’t comparable, unless if I’m missing something. But just in case, I’ll put it like this, rugby players aren’t trying to kill eachother. Yes, rugby is a very rough sport, and any normal person would be easily outskilled to a trained rugby player, but being rough and tackling people isn’t the point of rugby, it’s getting/stopping the ball from reaching the endzone. It would be a different story if Akira was like a wrestler or martial artist, those are the sports that the goal is to beat the crap out of someone, then I’d get it, but simply being athletic doesn’t equal being skilled.

The way I see it, we have 2 characters who are equal in stats, feats, and can both can overpower (admittedly in VERY different ways, but I digress) professionals trained and skilled in their respective fields. The one difference is the imposter’s versatility in ability and intellect. Yes, Akira technically has several ways of dealing with the imposter, but they all boil down to the same thing, punching. Imposter however, has several ways of taking Akira down, not just oxygen as everyone has said.

I have A LOT more to say, but I’ll leave it at that for now.

Last edited:
Your main argument here is that Akira is far more skilled than the imposter with no skill feats being shown for them. That would be fair, if not for the several points I have seen that show the imposter as being at equal, if not greater level than Akira.
1. That's how ik this is bogus. The points presented by the opposition were merely related to what they can do with their tech and how they defeat characters that can manage the ship.... whawwt? How's that a combat skill feat. None were presented for the imposter. See below for example.

pretty sure the crewmates are meant to be smart in the game(since they're constantly fixing advanced equipment throught the game) which would explain why they can find out who the impostor is
like i said before, the imposter is more skilled with weapons,
the impostor is more experienced and skilled in combat than akira tho(the impostor can kill everyone on the spaceship without being noticed and it is more skilled with weapons),
Point's such as these were utterly destroyed by me. The opps simply claimed their side was superior. Again please refrain from using this tech smart argument as a argument for combat skills.

Crewmates in among us are all depicted as astronauts capable of doing (what would realistically be) difficult and long missions to other planets. According to NASA themselves, their minimum requirements for being an astronaut include 20/20 vision, 1,000 hours in piloting jet aircraft, and the physical fitness test, which in of itself includes needing to swim a length of 25 meters 3 times without stopping. Also, astronauts are required to react quickly and logically in every action, as well as able to handle the pressures, temperatures, and difficulties space brings. Remember, this is the minimum, going to far away planets like Polus with extremely low temperatures would require far more intense training, so clearly, the crewmates are very skilled not just intellectually, but physically as well; and the imposter can easily outsmart, sneak up on, and one shot them all. Pretty ******* skilled right?
This point is incredbily not substantial. You describe the imposters as alien parasites;
Yes, Akira’s pretty skilled, but do you seriously think someone with the skill of an average college rugby player would be able to overcome a shapeshifting stealthy alien parasite assassin?
And now you go comparing aliens to NASA astronauts. There's no connection here, if youre not from earth and your origins are unknown albeit youre a alien with supernatual capabilities and body control, theres no reason to assume you went through the same amount of training like a NASA astronaut as they neither are NASA agents nor are they from earth by knowledge. If they had connections other than having a spaceship and wearing body suits then i'd agree. But this isnt substantial and assumes beyond this world. Please bring combat feats for the imposter within the game please and no outsource that doesnt coordinate with what youre presenting.....

Firstly, Akira’s main opponent he fights are zombies and, while I don’t know the specifics of how zombies act in bucket list of the dead, through culture as a whole and my own experience, I can safely say this: zombies are dumb. I don’t mean that as an insult, I mean zombies are literally brain dead, slow, predictable monsters only animalistic in intelligence. Yes, no normal guy can kill a zombie, of course, but in comparison to trained astronauts, you really don’t need that much skill to kill a zombie and more so just plain stats.
1. These zombies follow the zombie tradition to an extent. The virus produces fast and slow zombies which means akira gets into cqc with hordes of various speeds and fights them off 1 to all in cqc. Even if they're supposedly brainless, to fight hordes of while not getting hit is indeed a feat that needs to be mentioned. A normal guy cant kill a zombie in akira's verse nor is akira a normal guy in anyway significant. Ive already contended the astronaut argument, its not substantial.

you used Akira breaking down doors and running long distances as feats of skill. Hate to break it to you but, that’s still mainly just stats, something that we both agree both sides are equal at.
Yes, I know that my previous point of how skilled the crewmates are also made use of similar feats, but that wasn’t the point I tried to make. What I’m trying to say is that the crewmates are trained professionals who have a lot of experience, knowledge, and have went through several requirements to even be a candidate for their job, while Akira just reads to me like someone that happens to be strong enough to deal with the zombies without even trying too hard; it’s not like he was a world renowned athlete who used his years of experience to survive the apocalypse, I’m sorry for what I’m going to say, but he’s just some guy.
1. Those two feats i mentioned about akira was retaliation to you stating he's a average guy which he clearly isnt........ not rlly related to the debate at hand. I thought that was obvious.
2. Akira is a guy who has gained recognition throughout the series around the lot of Japan fighting on par with a trained samurai and against crushers (which i mentioined about in the last thread). He's not only dealing with zombies but threats that take out armed military forces with ease aswell as fighting alongside trained individuals in their own respective fields. He's not "some guy" as the series goes on. Nor are his enemies mere zombies alone.

as far as I know, the only time Akira has ever dealt with somebody of similar intelligence and skill was when he still played rugby. Now, I shouldn’t need to tell you that being really good at rugby and being capable of assassinating and manipulating several trained astronauts aren’t comparable, unless if I’m missing something. But just in case, I’ll put it like this, rugby players aren’t trying to kill eachother. Yes, rugby is a very rough sport, and any normal person would be easily outskilled to a trained rugby player, but being rough and tackling people isn’t the point of rugby, it’s getting/stopping the ball from reaching the endzone. It would be a different story if Akira was like a wrestler or martial artist, those are the sports that the goal is to beat the crap out of someone, then I’d get it, but simply being athletic doesn’t equal being skilled.
1. The rugby point is miniscule. He uses rugby in his fighting style to defeat or kill others (like zombies) with his physical stats. Against the imposter it would would be effective as the imposter hasnt fought a rugby player, so his moves will kinda seem foriegn nor does the imposter have adapting abilities. It has its own moveset which akira can get around with agility and acrobattics. In summary, he'll use his rugby skills to beat the crap out of the imposter like you put it until it cant move and nothing is stopping akira from doing that in cqc.
2. Maniplulating and assasinating astronaut isnt a combat skill feat by itself, especially when the imposter uses means like stealth and weaponry to accomplish this. Not a solid point.

The way I see it, we have 2 characters who are equal in stats, feats, and can both can overpower (admittedly in VERY different ways, but I digress) professionals trained and skilled in their respective fields. The one difference is the imposter’s versatility in ability and intellect. Yes, Akira technically has several ways of dealing with the imposter, but they all boil down to the same thing, punching. Imposter however, has several ways of taking Akira down, not just oxygen as everyone has said.
I disagree with this method the imposter will use especially in the fight situation these guys are in which ive attacked multiple times from opps. Cqc is the starting move of the imposter objectively and getting into cqc with akira would mean the end for the imposter. We'll just agree to disagree on this point as i wouldnt want to make this thread 7 pages long from the same point.

Know what, Fallen Angel, while I could keep on arguing with you about who would win, I think if I kept on with that, then it would go on for several pages without one solid conclusion between us. While I personally think the Imposter is more versatile than Akira and would get the upper hand, your opinion on Akira being more skilled is equally valid. Let's just agree to disagree and just call it a truce until the next person wants to argue. Deal?

(or at the very least we can agree this would be a very close matchup)

The Imposter is just a bootleg The Thing For The Reasons Above (I agree that outsmarting astronauts and one-shotting 'em along with the fact of sabotaging being a thing that exists will net Imposter the win)

Know what, Fallen Angel, while I could keep on arguing with you about who would win, I think if I kept on with that, then it would go on for several pages without one solid conclusion between us
Indeed, that's what i fear for these threads aswell.

While I personally think the Imposter is more versatile than Akira and would get the upper hand, your opinion on Akira being more skilled is equally valid
I do believe the imposter has a more versatile moveset aswell including its own physical weaponry; its tounge, it has gadgets that manipluate the setting aswell as a firearm.
Let's just agree to disagree and just call it a truce until the next person wants to argue. Deal?

(or at the very least we can agree this would be a very close matchup
Sure, i'll still keep ur vote for the imposter

I agree that outsmarting astronauts
Maniplulating and assasinating astronaut isnt a combat skill feat by itself, especially when the imposter uses means like stealth and weaponry to accomplish this. Not a solid point.
Yes in the field of tech and science, not combat. Having sherlock homles detective skills doesn't mean i can fight well or fight at all either.

one-shotting 'e
1. They cant fight back so ofc they'll be one shotted.
2. This is due to physical stats for the most part which is roughly equal between the imposter and akira in this match.

fact of sabotaging being a thing that exists will net Imposter the win)
Sabotaging is neither a starting move + the imposter has to be completely still to use this. Ive addressed these points long enough

Crewmates can beat Impostors in larger numbers if they're not caught off guard. It's shown in voting sequences. 2 Crewmates can overpower 1 Impostor without getting hurt and eject it.

Crewmates can beat Impostors in larger numbers if they're not caught off guard. It's shown in voting sequences.
In numbers. 10 average people can probably defeat mike tyson in the right circumstances if he's not caught offguard but individually they get slammed. By themselves the crewmates are not combat oriented which the imposter takes advanatage of to eliminate them one by one individually. This is why using them as proof for the imposters combat skills is vague.

2 Crewmates can overpower 1 Impostor without getting hurt and eject it.
Strength is greater in numbers..... and what a way to prove the imposter is less combat skilled than akira who can fight off hordes of creatures with various speeds without getting hit or injured while the imposter gets defeated by 2 up to 10 crewmates at a time with the crewmates unharmed.

In numbers. 10 average people can probably defeat mike tyson in the right circumstances if he's not caught offguard but individually they get slammed. By themselves the crewmates are not combat oriented which the imposter takes advanatage of to eliminate them one by one individually.

Strength is greater in numbers..... and what a way to prove the imposter is less combat skilled than akira who can fight off hordes of creatures with various speeds without getting hit or injured while the imposter gets defeated by 2 up to 10 crewmates at a time with the crewmates unharmed.
Bro, I was commenting in favour of Akira.

Oh my bad. Keep up the good work 🙃🙃. its cuz everyone currently is on the imposters side which made me think u were.
Does that mean u vote for akira?
I already voted for him days ago and you counted it. Bro's got the memory of a RAM. Also, only 3 peeps are on the Impostor's side.

Last edited:
Back