• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akashic Records of Bastard Magic Instructor General Discussion

That reminds me. Does anyone know how different the power of the verse or events is between the manga and light novel? I don't have intentions of making profiles for the LN since it's not officially translated but I fear the manga would be pretty useless to add.

That reminds me. Does anyone know how different the power of the verse or events is between the manga and light novel? I don't have intentions of making profiles for the LN since it's not officially translated but I fear the manga would be pretty useless to add.
They are very similar. at the very least the power level are the same. It just LN are more detail when explaining about certain spell and event if i am not mistaken.

You will be able to add yourself when the page is officially made. But for now, we should at least have character profiles made. If no one minds I could create Glenn's page for the manga.

I have no clue. Though one could say it's better to create manga versions because it's the only officially translated source lol

Damn, haven't heard about this thing for quite awhile and forgot most of it, banger ending song is all i remember. Follow.

Also: "Magicians can resist spells due having magic resistance, different than ordinary persons, that cannot resist spells due lack of magical resistance, meaning that magicians can resist spells and their effects". That's some Nasu BS right there.

Damn, haven't heard about this thing for quite awhile and forgot most of it, banger ending song is all i remember. Follow.

Also: "Magicians can resist spells due having magic resistance, different than ordinary persons, that cannot resist spells due lack of magical resistance, meaning that magicians can resist spells and their effects". That's some Nasu BS right there.
To be fair, the sandbox is kinda outdated like Bern said, also Magic can be considered as universal energy/power system

the scan was linked, yeah.

it was explained that the reason that ordinary people dies to magic is because they lack magical resistance, which means that decent magicians naturally have resistance to magic as a whole

Not sure but the magician can at the very least resist freeze, burn, shock via Tri Resist. They can also resist mind attack by strengthening their mind using magic. Certain magic allow to strengthen the spirit to prevent from corruption. Glenn can do all this so he would at very least have it.

1-A on CSAP is because it still using some of the old standard of vsbw, that why many verse jump from 3D tier to 1-A, because they still treat concept as something big, also the site is more lenient when it come to making profile, even high tier.

I also read the cosmolgy blog from Zenkai, he made the verse up to infinitely higher into High 1-A cosmology on CSAP (the site don't have tier 0)

Yeah, though I don't know how active people will be. The series still doesn't have official translations and doesn't look like anyone is interested in making profiles to begin with.

A series update: the Manga ended with having 16 volumes in JP while it covered 10 light novel volumes.

If you want to know the sequel what happened after anime then manga is also pretty good and fun to read it had gotten officiall translation till V16 completed

Last edited:
Manga version doesn't have much feats and explanation about the verse compare to LN from which verse can be 8D and while Akashic records book will could potentially become H-1B
I don't see how the verse would get to that level. I put the verse at 2-C or 2-B. 2-A maximum. I don't believe that we asked ourselves in the LN to say that universes have 8 spatial dimensions and that is only 1-C not High 1-B. In addition, the standards of VS Battles have changed again. Now a number of infinite universes in infinite universes is always 2-A not Low 1-C. So if the verse only made interweavings of universes then it is 2-A at most. The verse lacks translation and Csap isn't even good at judging a character's level. If for example it is said in a verse that the gods do not act on the same system of causality as mortals automatically the verse will be set to 1-A. Completely absurd

I don't see how the verse would get to that level. I put the verse at 2-C or 2-B. 2-A maximum. I don't believe that we asked ourselves in the LN to say that universes have 8 spatial dimensions and that is only 1-C not High 1-B.
I never outright stated it could H1B, as I said was only potentially.

Also, from the v24 there is one more possible way to get 1-B rating.

But Tier 1 is atleast confirmed.
In addition, the standards of VS Battles have changed again. Now a number of infinite universes in infinite universes is always 2-A not Low 1-C. So if the verse only made interweavings of universes then it is 2-A at most. The verse lacks translation and Csap isn't even good at judging a character's level. If for example it is said in a verse that the gods do not act on the same system of causality as mortals automatically the verse will be set to 1-A. Completely absurd
Yeah, I know the standards changed, that's why I said Tier 1 is confirmed.

Anyway have you read the series, or just saying from CSAP scans.

I never outright stated it could H1B, as I said was only potentially.

Also, from the v24 there is one more possible way to get 1-B rating.

But Tier 1 is atleast confirmed.

Yeah, I know the standards changed, that's why I said Tier 1 is confirmed.

Anyway have you read the series, or just saying from CSAP scans.
I read a little but the lack of official translation made me leave. When you say that the verse reaches tier 1 is it based on the official translation?

I read a little but the lack of official translation made me leave. When you say that the verse reaches tier 1 is it based on the official translation?
I see. There is no official translations for it, I read them from Chinese and checked the JP raws later and asked some JP readers to confirm the translations.

Back