• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akame vs Combined Human

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. But we're also applying real human feats against an anime character and I just don't think that works. I could also be totally wrong but I cast my vote already sooooo EDITED: I also never answered the skill question but some off the top of my head is Akame not only dodging and deflecting bullets casually in the beginning of the series, but also dodges multiple bolts of lightning, while fighting Esdeath no less.

About Akame's vs CH skill... ehhh, it's a problem. You have Akame that has superhuman skills, and she can do let's say 2 times better than the best human. CH can do every fight as good as the best humans in that department, but is extremely versatile due to just how many humans have been alive. So in Akame's style of fighting, Akame is better, but overall, CH is better.

I mean swordsmanship skill, trying to find a weakness in the other persons technique.

Plus how does that mean Akame has better skill? You think CH can't dodge bullets?

Well I mean, if we're going by individual human feats then who irl has dodged literal machine gun fire? Of course it's COMBINED human so like they probably can dodge bullets. Not that that matters in this fight tbh. But anyway my thing is, Akame is unparalleled in the AgK universe in whatever sword style she has, which doesn't really resemble any actual human sword style (at least not to a T), so while CH is skilled in every human martial art and weapon style, Akame's style isn't real, so CH can't match her in her own field, and we've seen Akame is adaptable to other types of opponents (such as clearing her mind to defeat enemies with precog, and attacking the same spot on armored foes until it breaks, etc.)

Tell me, I know this is condescending and I'm sorry but are you able to watch people sparring and figure out what fighting style someone is using? Do you know about the hundreds of swordsmanship techniques out there? The average person isn't going to spot a sword fighting style, so to say it's unlike any style because it doesn't resemble any of them is presumptuous.

Now, I enjoy AGK zero and I like the fight scenes in both series, but it's clear the author has no intention of pin pointing actual sword fighting and is really relying on rule of cool. Sometimes Kurome uses both hands in a sword stance like Akame, sometimes she takes a stance with one hand, so we can attribute their fighting style to the author just making them look cool.

Well no that's the thing exactly actually. The author/illustrator of AgK and AgK:Zero didn't have an actual sword fighting style in mind. It's just Akame's own, personal (aesthetically pleasing) fighting style. Also CH, by logic, SHOULD be able to recognize different sword fighting styles, shouldn't they? So if Akame doesn't use a discernible sword fighting style, how can CH perfectly counter her?

Well that's the problem, it's hard to determine how skilled they are in swordsmanship, we only know Akame is strong because she kills strong opponents.

Which is why I think Akame has the upper hand in not only that category, bc CH wouldn't know exactly how to counter her. Not only that, but the "one-cut kill" hax that she has gives her another huge advantage. Which is why I voted for her.

You misread my comment, how do we know how great of a swordsman she is? How do we know that she can compete with a decent swordsman in real life with Equalized speed? How good is she at swordsmanship? We can't really tell.

Well even in her profile it says "master swordswoman", not only that but she's the top assassin in her respective universe, as well as being able to match Esdeath, another master swordswoman, and defeat Kurome, an expert swordswoman. If anything, it's presumptuous to NOT think she could take on many irl swordsmen/women.

How do you know they're expert swordsman? Because they're said to be expert swordsman? Or because they show good swordsmanship techniques?

What do that show that shows good techniques?

Also this sight says Kirito is a skilled swordsman and marksman, but I couldn't disagree more then that.

Well I mean I'd say the same thing, but mostly because I despise SAO not bc I've analyzed Kirito's sword/fighting style. But I'll absolutely take your word on that lol. Meanwhile Akame was trained for years in swordplay, and has been shown to be better with swords than just about everyone in the AgK universe.

I assume they're pretty good. There's nothing suggesting they're poor swordswomen at least.

At least we agree on SAO.

Nothing really suggests they're bad, but nothing suggests Akame is this good with a sword style that CH has supposedly never seen before either

I think the discussion has evolved a little past just that single point, but it's at least a small part of the reason at least I think.

@Scarlet

I was replying to when he answered me, I didn't read the rest of the discussion. Sorry for doing so.

@Gojira

Re-adressing your points properly now;

Nothing to say about the OHKO sword, since that's the main justification around here. I'd just like to point out that there are several combat masters along history that have beaten incredibly skilled swordsmen - in fact, the best at the time - using nothing but mundane objects such as lids. And there are several martial arts styles that emphasize disarming foes, even swordsmen, no matter how skilled they are.

About she winning because she's from anime... That's just as bad as saying that comic characters win any fight against anime characters because they are from comics.

About she being unparelled in AKG verse, the problem is, how skilled they are? What are their (Specially Akame's) skill feats? How many years of experience and training do they have under their belt? Because the CH got, depending on the viewpoint, millenia, if not way more than that worth of combat experience and skill. And there's also that, while Akame can adapt to foes, the CH can do the same. Jeet Kune Do is a style that emphasizes doing so. It actively encourages that the practicioner shouldn't have any specific "style", and be fluid as water.

EliminatorVenom said:
@Scarlet
I was replying to when he answered me, I didn't read the rest of the discussion. Sorry for doing so.

@Gojira

Re-adressing your points properly now;

Nothing to say about the OHKO sword, since that's the main justification around here. I'd just like to point out that there are several combat masters along history that have beaten incredibly skilled swordsmen - in fact, the best at the time - using nothing but mundane objects such as lids. And there are several martial arts styles that emphasize disarming foes, even swordsmen, no matter how skilled they are.

About she winning because she's from anime... That's just as bad as saying that comic characters win any fight against anime characters because they are from comics.

About she being unparelled in AKG verse, the problem is, how skilled they are? What are their (Specially Akame's) skill feats? How many years of experience and training do they have under their belt? Because the CH got, depending on the viewpoint, millenia, if not way more than that worth of combat experience and skill. And there's also that, while Akame can adapt to foes, the CH can do the same. Jeet Kune Do is a style that emphasizes doing so. It actively encourages that the practicioner shouldn't have any specific "style", and be fluid as water.
You're mixing the real world with this. In real world, yes, it's possible to disarm a HUMAN with a fork or something, but when your opponent can cut you and the nearby 3 houses in half, I don't think a fork would help.

You people keep forgetting that a katana that can cut hard things can cut through soft things. A sword won't help if she can cut right through it.

THank you for making one of points before I could lol. Yeah basically any weapon CH tries to use against Akame, no matter how powerful CH is, will break when used against Murasame, bc CH would be using regular human weapons.

To borrow and slightly change a Neil Degrasse Tyson quote, "The good thing about a fact is that it's true whether or not you agree with it"

No. But I do watch swordfighting anime, and I do practice all three disciplines of fencing. So I know that you do not require a weapon of equal durability or strength to parry someone's weapon.

Maybe not. But when one weapon's durability and AP is so impossibly higher than the other, don't you think parrying would be a moot point? Like again, for real world weapons, the durabilities can be different, but they're not, like, so super different compared to each other than to, in this case, Akame's Murasame.

To further reiterate, say two equal swordsmen are fighting. One has an actual sword, the other has a stick. No matter how skilled the stick-wielded is, there's no way his stick will stand up to the sword.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back