• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Akame ga Kill Scaling revision, and tier changes

Akame along with those who scale to her are rated At least 7-C likely higher via scaling from Wave who fought a casual Low 7-B.

But I think we really need to define exactly how far into 7-C this actually makes her, and others who scale. This is really important when regarding threads with her 7-C key. Since we have no idea on her exact AP. Wether it is just under the + threshhold, or baseline. It's hard to debate when you don't really know exactly how strong one character is.

Also, on Leone's regen. It is Low-Mid for re-attaching an arm. However, re-attaching an arm and regenerating it are completely diferent things. The fact that she was unable to regeneate her arm, and needed Lubbock's help to re-attach it makes me think her regen should be downgraded to Mid-Low. As those are her best showings if my memory serves me right.

Edit:. Also, I'm inclined to call her Low7-B durability feat an outlier. Especially since Kurome was able to cut her arm off.

Another Edit: Later in the discussion, we've decided to completely redo the verse's scaling from scratch. There are far to many problems to simpily patch up and hope all goes well. Another Edit:. Potential upgrades for 4'th form Incursio and above to 6-C is being discussed.

I think part of the reasoning for Town level is coming from the Leone / Bors calc.

But Town level based on Wave fighting a Tatsumi that was being casual to ensure the former could still get away is strange. I don't know how you can quantify it.

About Leone's durability, I don't remember the characters in the series no-selling cutting / piercing damage without some sort of protection. It's common in fiction for characters to tank blunt force damage and still be harmed by much weaker cutting attacks. Base Tatsumi could even harm Zank with his sword, iirc.

Basically, it shouldn't be used as a reason to downgrade Leone's durability, except she has tanked attacks of that nature before. Which I don't remember, because it's been more than a year since I touched the series.

She tanks exactly one attack from Budou and is incapacitated

She gets cut by Kurome, she gets hurt by one of her generals, she gets ragdolled by the Minister initially.

The difference between 7-C and Low 7-B is pretty big. We're talking hundreds-thousands of times in power difference. I'm pretty sure a Low 7-B wouldn't be harmed by a sword from a 7-C. It would be like a Peak Human with a katana trying to cut Master Chief to put this differential into prespective.

If the 7-C rating comes from characters being vastly above the Bols explosion calc, that would be baseline via being superior to Low 7-C feats and characters.

The problem is that, for Akame's rating. It comes from trading blows with a casual Esdeath, and Wave trading blows with a casual evolved Tatsumi. So we have two different feats of similar context. But we really need to know how much AP this translates to exactly. I'm inclined to think it is just under the + threshhold. But I cannot be sure.

I don't think you get what I mean. I did not say her durability shouldn't be downgraded. I said it shouldn't be downgraded based on Kurome cutting her, except she has tanked attacks of that nature before. Then it can be used as a reason for downgrading her.

Yeah Leone having Low 7-B durability is an outlier. Kurome sliced her arm off with a casual attack. The whole "She can tank blunt force attacks but not cutting / piercing attacks." doesn't stop an outlier from being an outlier. It's inconsistent for Leone.

Well, I didn't say Leone's durability should remain the same. Kurome cutting her arm off doesn't mean anything when Tatsumi was inferior to Zank, but could still harm him with a slash.

If someone can show me where unprotected characters in the series tank cutting and piercing damage like they do with blunt force, I'll agree with Kurome cutting her arm off being used as a reasoning for her downgrade.

Did you read my comment about the gap between mid 7-C and AGK Low 7-B's? It is massive. And cutting/peircing damage is meaningless against an opponent that much more durable than your AP.

@Gargoyle

Don't they have unique body structures or something like that? But do you mean that the Rakshasa can tank cutting attacks without damage, or that they harmed Leone with cutting attacks?

@Versus

It completely depends on the verse in question though.

Anyhow, what do we do about the 7-C guys?

I'm inclined to think that taking casual strikes from a Low 7-B( Wave-Tatsumi.) and casual strikes from a casual 7-B/7-A(Akame-Esdeath) would put them at borderline Town+. Though I'd like to hear what others' thoughts are.

I personally believe you can interpret it anyhow you want to. I'd have probably said High 7-C if I was involved in the original revisions. Though the problem is Tatsumi holding back to give Wave a chance to get away.

We could try to look at some examples of other verses that scale this way. Don't some Star Wars Legends characters sit at High 4-C+ for fighting a casual 4-B or something like that?

Town level+ scaling from a Low 7-B? That makes no sense.

Town Level doesn't exactly make any sense either. We have to get this solved one way or another. We could use imput from one of the calc group members and see what they think.

Honestly, several characters have their Tiers due to horrible backward scaling:

Characters are 8-A to Low 7-C for trading blows with casual characters that are 7-C.

Said characters are 7-C because they trade blows with a casual Low 7-B.

Said casual is Low 7-B because of fighting a casual 7-B.

This is just a example of how is AgK scaling.

I agree. The scaling is probably the most messed up on the wiki.

But how exactly should we solve this to make more sense? Should we just downgrade the At least 7-C charqacters down to At least Low 7-C? Or what?

While we're at it, might i ask why the top tiers are 7-A scaling to a Danger Beast that doesnt actually dwarf mountains?

We either make several characters 7-B due to scaling from Esdeath, or we try to find a different feat from where they can scale correctly.

Sadly for calculations, the only ones we got are the Bols explosion calc, and Esdeath freezing a river. Unless there happen to be other feats we might've missed.

Fighting someone who is holding back in general means that you don't scale (SSG Goku isn't High 3-A for fighting a casual Low 2-C Beerus).

It depends tho. If it's a situation where you are obviously weaker but still manage to fight back somewhat you shouldn't be too far behind.

Basically;

Fight a casual/held back opponent -> Don't scale

Clearly weaker but can fight back somewhat against a serious opponent -> Case by case

Well shit. Low 7-C Akame then.....

I recal that Stage 2 Tatsumi was capable of somewhat harming Esdeath. Though she was somewhat holding back.

Back