• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

AKAME GA KILL! DISCUSSION THREAD

PrinceofPein

Username Only
I noticed that the last Akame ga Kill discussion thread we have is from 2016, So I am making this one, for all Akame ga Kill! lovers.
Loved the series too, I got into it cause my significant other finds the anime to be his favorite, so even if I do not love it I had to, but surprisingly the anime has been one of the best I have watched. And unarguably, it is home to the top waifu
images

Yes, it's worst ending. Everyone has died, it made me cry.
That was only in the anime, a couple more characters actually survived till the end in the Manga (Tatsumi and Mine most notably) plus the anime is noted for being a reverse shonen, where instead of bloating runtime with filler it actually cut entire manga chapters to fit the seasonal runtime (hence why the anime adaptation is pretty divisive).

That was only in the anime, a couple more characters actually survived till the end in the Manga (Tatsumi and Mine most notably) plus the anime is noted for being a reverse shonen, where instead of bloating runtime with filler it actually cut entire manga chapters to fit the seasonal runtime (hence why the anime adaptation is pretty divisive).
Even then the manga isn't that much better, sure it's preferable than the anime since it has few of pros, but for a standard, AgK manga is still fell mid as heck

Even then the manga isn't that much better, sure it's preferable than the anime since it has few of pros, but for a standard, AgK manga is still fell mid as heck
That I agreed with, most peeps only liked AgK due to Esdeath and the initially fun power system (with danger beasts and Teigus) but it did fall into several tropes which prevented it from ever being better than mid.

Still popular enough to get a sequel tho, then again fan service, a decent artsytle and good fight scenes are enough for plenty of folks tbh.

That I agreed with, most peeps only liked AgK due to Esdeath and the initially fun power system (with danger beasts and Teigus) but it did fall into several tropes which prevented it from ever being better than mid.

Still popular enough to get a sequel tho, then again fan service, a decent artsytle and good fight scenes are enough for plenty of folks tbh.
Considering the target of the audience is a teen that like edgy bs stuff, not surprising

As for the sequel, it also not good from what i heard, and the aspects you mentioned that made for folks to become a fans, for me it's very hollow, because a manga carried by a freaking fanservice and fight scene without the element of making the story-telling good, is pretty much missing, i'm not saying the folks who become fans because those aspects are mindless btw
I'm not mentioning artstyle since even AgK artsyle are okay, nowhere amazing as heck

It has been a long time since I watched Akame Ga Kill. It was a good anime, I don't understand the hate.

Maybe it's because I love edgy things?

I am the edgiest edgelord, the lord of edges.

Curious about some scaling. I noticed that Mine is rated as High 6-C for breaking Esdeath's ice and for threatening her.

How exactly does this rating work? Tatsumi has the same feat in his 2nd Stage key yet he's only 7-A. And he didn't just break Esdeath's ice, he was shown to have injured her as well. Esdeath wasn't serious, but her normal durability isn't going to drop by such a large margin. Especially when she was still able to defend herself.

Budo was also shown to be capable of stopping a strike from Tatsumi after that and could hurt him as well.

And he took a bigger hit from Tatsumi after he'd gotten stronger.

I'm wondering what the reason is for the current scaling.

I suppose, outdated?

I really watched the anime and finished the manga, but not kept up with the scaling aspect.

Curious about some scaling. I noticed that Mine is rated as High 6-C for breaking Esdeath's ice and for threatening her.

How exactly does this rating work? Tatsumi has the same feat in his 2nd Stage key yet he's only 7-A. And he didn't just break Esdeath's ice, he was shown to have injured her as well. Esdeath wasn't serious, but her normal durability isn't going to drop by such a large margin. Especially when she was still able to defend herself.

Budo was also shown to be capable of stopping a strike from Tatsumi after that and could hurt him as well.

And he took a bigger hit from Tatsumi after he'd gotten stronger.

I'm wondering what the reason is for the current scaling.
It is up to high 6-C, and that is not from esdeath ice but from her final shot that killed budo and cleared the clouds. Pumpkin works based on her emotions, the higher it is the higher her AP.
Casually she is 7-A, but at her peak she reaches high 6-C.

Her profile states she's High 6-C for breaking Esdeath Ice and threatening her. Also thought it was based on how much danger she was in.

(Can consistently destroy Esdeath's ice, which makes her stronger than Akame, who could not do so. Esdeath herself noted that it would wiser to avoid Mine's shots rather than try to stop it. Overpowered an attack from a casual Budo and sent him back, and later overpowered Budo's Solid Shooter and killed him)

Budo's High 6-C comes from scaling to Mine as well so this is circular scaling.

Her profile states she's High 6-C for breaking Esdeath Ice and threatening her. Also thought it was based on how much danger she was in.

(Can consistently destroy Esdeath's ice, which makes her stronger than Akame, who could not do so. Esdeath herself noted that it would wiser to avoid Mine's shots rather than try to stop it. Overpowered an attack from a casual Budo and sent him back, and later overpowered Budo's Solid Shooter and killed him)

Budo's High 6-C comes from scaling to Mine as well so this is circular scaling.
He is High 6-C with an attack called solid shooter, which he attacked mine with, which caused pumpkin to overload and get destroyed in the process of firing it and pushing it back. Although I agree Mine's scaling is a bit circular, since the High 6-C comes from scaling to the end of series characters which she has not feat scaling to besides statements. so I guess it can go and just have a "higher" rating till there is something better

He is High 6-C with an attack called solid shooter, which he attacked mine with, which caused pumpkin to overload and get destroyed in the process of firing it and pushing it back. Although I agree Mine's scaling is a bit circular, since the High 6-C comes from scaling to the end of series characters which she has not feat scaling to besides statements. so I guess it can go and just have a "higher" rating till there is something better
That sounds fine. Budo would have to be changed as well.

But what about Tatsumi damaging Esdeath?

Is this just deemed an outlier?

Yes it is, besides esdeath was toying around with him till he caught her off guard.
I'm fine with saying it's an outlier.

But toying around doesn't magically drop your natural durability. Especially when she enhanced her normal durability with ice armor. You can just call it an outlier.

I also have some issues with Esdeath's ratings. I feel like there should be more of a distinction between her ice powers and physical strength.

Her ice is clearly stronger and more durable than she is herself. Not implying to downgrade her or anything, rating would be the same.

I'll try to come up with something later. When that is? I have no idea, whenever I feel like it I guess.

I'm fine with saying it's an outlier.

But toying around doesn't magically drop your natural durability. Especially when she enhanced her normal durability with ice armor. You can just call it an outlier.

I also have some issues with Esdeath's ratings. I feel like there should be more of a distinction between her ice powers and physical strength.

Her ice is clearly stronger and more durable than she is herself. Not implying to downgrade her or anything, rating would be the same.

I'll try to come up with something later. When that is? I have no idea, whenever I feel like it I guess.
Okay no problem, that is something I agree with, as she enhances her durability with ice on some occasions

Back