• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ajeel Ramal vs Mega Aerodactyl

Aerodactly gets an durability boost in a sandstorm so a sandstorm will be nothing but benificial

Your shamelessness sickens me ovo.

So Aerdactyl gets an evasion boost while in a sandstorm but he has to be in the attack to get it? That doesn't counter get the water sucked from his body. The sandstorm also slows people caught inside so the boost gets cancelled anyway.

I mean, sure parts of it's body are stone. It's not completely inorganic like a Boldore or that one blue robot pokemon whose name is slipping my mind.

Aerodactyl also has several iq skills that would let it know to stay out of the sandstorm as its a trap that could kill jt

So it stays out of the sandstorm and Ajeel just spams a bunch of flying golems to attack it instead. How does it deal with being outnumbered by creatures that can harm it?

@Anonymous Speed amping itself, speed reducing ajeel and his golems, and spamming ranged attacks as is in character for an aerodactyl

There are different types of intangibility.

Immaterial: This type of intangibility allows the user to phase through most attacks due to not being made up of a physical substance, such as ghosts or characters who merely exist as a disembodied soul. It also includes characters that are made up of things like energy. Of course, this intangibility type still has its own weaknesses - a soul is vulnerable to soul manipulation, for example.

Gengar and Dusknoir are Immaterial.

Elemental Intangibility: The ability to become intangible by transforming into a substance, such as wind, fire, or water, making it so that most attacks merely disperse them instead of truly damaging them, allowing them to regenerate. However, this would still leave the user vulnerable to many forms of attack, such as sufficiently powerful energy or elemental attacks.

Ajeel is elemental.

DragonEmperor23 said:
I mean, sure parts of it's body are stone. It's not completely inorganic like a Boldore or that one blue robot pokemon whose name is slipping my mind.

Mega Man?

DragonEmperor23 said:
Do you have a scan of Cryogonal being hit while being mist and not solid ice?
Shit, they got me It is caused by Acid Armor, who only increases the user defenses, though i can look more deep if you want

I mean, an elemental attack would still work on it. Is there a depiction of a pokemon landing a physical hit on a pokemon using acid armor?

There is barely any use of Acid Armor in the anime, but since pokemon can still hit other pokemon that used Acid Armor in the games, i think it is safe to consider that IMO. Even later games who go into more game mechanics explications lists Acid Armor as liquifying the user's body, but that can be game mechanics

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with Acid Armor liquifying the Pokemon, I'm saying that even if it did liquify the pokemon, the liqufied pokemon would need to be hit with a physical attack for it to be elemental NPI. Physical attacks working in game might just be game mechanics.

Back