• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aizen regen downgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
really Sigurd your word start to sound aggressive

u are acting like other didn't read what u wrote yet u guys even ignore what other said why this thread was created by saying what argument of downgrade smh.......................................

What about we don't go down that rabbit hole and stop right there with that tangent?

Anyways, I don't agree at all with the points brought up for downgrade, but Garg's proposal seems good if there's no majority or consensus.

Omimi said:
u are acting like other didn't read what u wrote yet u guys even ignore what other said why this thread was created by saying what argument of downgrade smh.......................................

No this isn't close to aggression,I can assure you that.

u are acting like other didn't read what u wrote yet u guys even ignore what other said.

Nothing has been ignored,literally every post in this thread has been answered.

why this thread was created by saying what argument of downgrade smh

Idk you tell me? I've read the entirety of the previous thread that took 2-3 different discussions.Literally every single point posted here was addressed there in that thread by multiple staff members and others.

So does anyone oppose the proposition of "Mid, possibly Low-Godly" for Aizen's regen?

Not getting back into this really because now this thread is....pretty much not a thread anymore.

But I feel the need to ask...regarding the Quincies ability to "destroy soul completey" via soul destruction, are people assuming it's a hax component rather than the quincies themselves just simply releasing a spirit-based attack stronger than the soul they're targetting?

Im asking before assuming an argument first.

Theglassman12 said:
So does anyone oppose the proposition of "Mid, possibly Low-Godly" for Aizen's regen?
What exactly would we put in the write up if we did accept that?

Regenerationn: Mid (Was able to peice himself back together after bisection), possibly low Godly (We could not get 100% of users to agree so we're putting this here) . . .

Dr.Fix said:
Theglassman12 said:
Regenerationn: Mid (Was able to peice himself back together after bisection), possibly low Godly (We could not get 100% of users to agree so we're putting this here) . . .
Dont.

Everyone, enough with the back and forth condescendation toward each other (Im not one to talk from earlier, but I definitely know when enoughs enough). This thread's already had more than enough of it.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Not getting back into this really because now this thread is....pretty much not a thread anymore.
But I feel the need to ask...regarding the Quincies ability to "destroy soul completey" via soul destruction, are people assuming it's a hax component rather than the quincies themselves just simply releasing a spirit-based attack stronger than the soul they're targetting?

Im asking before assuming an argument first.
That's not possible or else Shinigami, Fullbringers and Hollows could also destroy Konpaku. Since they aren't able to do so with their stronger spirit based attacks, it's a sole hax ability of the Quincy.

Gargoyle One said:
If the suggestion is giving Aizen Low Godly that is the complete opposite of "Ignoring evidence"
That'd be incorrect, the sole counter evidence against Low-Godly for Aizen is simply "Aizen fell down as two halves". Which is something that can be explained with evidence and then the fact that there is numerous back-up evidence to support Low-Godly. There is no ignoring being done, rather explanation through reason.

Wait, wasn't Ichigo always tapping into his Quincy side because his true Zanpakuto was hidden from him? Wouldn't that mean all of his attacks has soul-destroying properties and not just Mugetsu?

Not really, it's just a matter of the difference in spiritual power between X and Y. Not that they have the actual hax ability to destroy souls.

Every single Dragon Ball character and their mother can disintegrate weaker opponents via their overwhelmingly powerful ki attacks. Does that mean everyone in DB has disintegration? Of course not. It's just them releasing attacks so much more powerful that it destroys opponents to such an extent, not that they have the actual ability to disintegrate.

Quincy seem to be the same thing in this regard with their spirit bows hitting souls like Hollows. Otherwise, if their soul-destroying was an actual hax component, then things like Uryu not one shotting a Menos Grande instantly wouldnt have happened. And I bring this example up because Quincy-bows destroying souls based on power instead of a pure hax ability is a thing here. Uryu says this himself when his Quincy arrow doesnt even scratch Menos Grande:

Uryu vs Menos
"Shoot...I can't do enough damage with this!"
And that line is also repeated on *********, which we accept as scans IIRC.

>Viz translations are wrong

Before that comes up, as I know it will, different translations also support Uryu saying its damaged based, like here for instance. Which is also repeated here.

"Shit...As I figured I can't do much damage at this rate...!"

So even if not giving Viz the benefit of the doubt, Uryu saying it's damaged based is more consistent than it being a pure ability. That, and he wouldnt have needed Ichigo's help to destroy Menos Grande if he could do it with a single quincy arrow.

Not to mention, what also supports Quincies destroying souls based off power is the fact that Quincies have only ever destroyed fodder souls. As in, regular everyday hollows that are clearly much weaker than they are and we know this because doing that upsets the balance of souls between the worlds.

Not once has Uryu or any other quincy destroyed any notably strong Shinigami, Hollow, etc. they come across, otherwise the Quincies would have massively overwhelmed and stomped the Shinigami duing the war arc rather easily because of soul-destroying hax.

So I ask, what proves or actually implies Quincies do this via an ability instead of simply being stronger than the spirits they destroy? And by spirits, not weak low-level hollows that are a joke compared to higher up ones like the Menos (and Menos in Bleach are, as Hitsugaya says, just foot soldiers compared to Adhuchas and Vastos).

Dr.Fix said:
Theglassman12 said:
Dont.
Everyone, enough with the back and forth condescendation toward each other (Im not one to talk from earlier, but I definitely know when enoughs enough). This thread's already had more than enough of it.
Sincere apologies if it came out that way. I genuinely do not know what we would write in the profile since all the Low God support has been explained and debunked/rejected (What's a nice way of putting this word in english?).

I'm in agreement with IMade,most of the people aganst have been either conceded or went to the sidelines.Every single counter has been answered,so were not gonna change it to Mid, possibly Low-Godly to appease a few people.

"So we're not gonna change it"

Your in no better position to say whats is or isn't going to happen either Sigurd. Whether people disagree or not, you don't decide what gets removed or added in.

Just pointing that out.

Also im still waiting for someone to say something about my reply about the Quincies.

Because unless Imade or someone else can bring in something new, im pretty sure I debunked the Quincies destroying souls being pure hax bit.

How about when other beings (such as Shinigami) kill souls they return to the cycle of reincarnation? Even when Hollows eat souls, they get absorbed until the Hollow dies and returns to the cycle of reincarnation. Quincies are specifically pointed out to screw up this cycle.

Damage3245 said:
Wait, wasn't Ichigo always tapping into his Quincy side because his true Zanpakuto was hidden from him? Wouldn't that mean all of his attacks has soul-destroying properties and not just Mugetsu?
The whole point of Ichigo escaping Quilge's Jail was because Ichigo used up all his Hollow/Shinigami Reiryoku to the point he started using Quincy Reiryoku and could break out.

ProfessorKukui4Life wrote
I actually already countered this point in my first comment on this thread. Once again previous arguments are getting overlooked in this thread.

Edit: As I said earlier and as Anonymous brings up now, Quincies destroying souls will always be hax due and not due to "stronger spirit based attacks" due to the very fact that Fullbringers, Shinigami and Hollows can not destroy souls with their own "stronger spirit based attacks". It's a sole hax ability of the Quincy Reiryoku that none can replicate with equal or even greater Reiryoku.

Sigurd Snake in The Eye said:
I know that Kukui,but like I said this is a repeat of the previous thread with nothing new.
From what I remember of the thread that upgraded Aizen from Mid-High to Low-Godly, that opposition of the upgrade doubts came from whether or not Mugetsu had Quincy's Soul Destroying properties, not the viewpoint that Aizen wasn't disintegrated or had his spiritual body erased in their first place.

Every counter to this opposition has ended up with either an "I don't know, maybe? " or "It's up to the viewer's interpretation"

"Aizen still having the bisection, even though he supposedly regenerated an entirely new body from solely his Reiatsu or the Hogyoku." ------> "Maybe that's how his Regenerationn works"

"Bloody stumps on Aizen's back that look to be the remaining remnants of his previous forms wings which would indicate that they were never destroyed and therefore Aizen was never erased. Said Wings likely dissolved by the next time we see Aizen's full body since he was devolving in that scene." -------------> "I don't think that looks like Aizen's wing and it's gone by the next time we see Aizen, so it's probably nothing"

"Mugetsu is a rather large attack and with all the landscape shots, it makes sense why we don't see Aizen in them." --------------> "Mugetsu doesn't really look that large to me, so Aizen should totally be visible in those shots, so it's obvious that his body was erased."

Et cetera, Et Cetera.

All rebuttals dwindled down to an individual's perspective on the visuals of the scene. Imade said it best:

"I don't know how to respond to you Warren as you put it yourself in your comment, we're just arguing how we interpret some things like with the size of Mugetsu, Aizen laying on the ground and how the Regenerationn works in it's order of regenerating (not the tier)."

So I could agree with an "At least Mid, possibly Low-Godly" rating as it takes into effect both perspectives.

IMadeThisOn8-1-2017 said:
I actually already countered this point in my first comment on this thread. Once again previous arguments are getting overlooked in this thread.
You didnt really counter anything of what I said above Imade.

Saying Qunicies don't always destroy souls because the target soul in question is too strong/durable literally falls right into my point on how it's not a hax ability. It's simply the quincy being much stronger than the soul its destroying/trying to destroy.

Becoming more powerful/durable does not stop a hax from working, unless that hax is either just low level when compared to stronger beings or isnt hax at all.

I always thought that the Quincies' Soul Destruction was less of hax and more just the end results/byproduct of them 'killing' a soul...

TheC2 said:
I always thought that the Quincies' Soul Destruction was less of hax and more just the end results/byproduct of them 'killing' a soul...
The latter seems much more likely since Quincies have only ever been known to destroy average everyday hollows, ones clearly weaker then they are, which upset the balance of souls between the worlds.

Unless there's something im not remembering, a quincy has never haxed a notable spiritual being to nothing with their arrows. Otherwise why would Uryu's arrows not even scratch a Menos Grande? Let alone destroy it entirely if he had actual Soul Destruction Hax?

You shouldn't misuse my statement like that. I was talking the interpreration of the order of the Regenerationn (not it's tier) and how it regenerates.

The basis for the argument against Aizen having Low-Godly is entirely on the fact that Hogyoku Aizen fell down as two halves (that sole scan is why we're having this discussion, if the scan can be explained then this discussion ends). Which is something that can be explained with evidence and then the fact that there is numerous back-up evidence to support Low-Godly.

With Mugetsu being composed of Quincy Powers, with Quincy Powers being able to completely destroy the Konpaku (the body of the soul), with the text of Mugetsu turning things to nothing, with Aizen having crumbled away in the same effect as Quincy crumbling Konpaku away, with Aizen having regenerated before he even hit the ground (his body was crumbled and when on the ground his body wasn't crumbled) and with the reveal of Aizen's Regenerationn stemming from his soul in the final arc we can quantify Aizen's Regenerationn as being from his Soul which is Low-Godly as all the evidence we can garner and through statements given to us it explains that sole scan of Aizen laying on the floor as two halves.

If Low-Godly is to be downgraded to just Mid-High or a Possibly, all the brought up evidence must be countered (which is what only Kukui has been trying do, props to him actually trying to attack a basis of an argument) to disproveLow-Godly.

Becoming more powerful/durable does not stop a hax from working, unless that hax is either just low level when compared to stronger beings or isnt hax at all.
Except that happens in Bleach. Recall Aizen having more Reiatsu than Sui-Feng so he ignored her hax ability. Aizen vs Ichigo is the reverse as Aizen has less Reiatsu than Ichigo to a point that Transcendency was their difference.

Also, it is hax because the basis of your argument was "a stronger spirit attack can do it" which is false because no "stronger spirit attack" from Shinigami, Hollows nor Fullbringers are capable of doing it. Soul Destruction is hax as well by name and mechanic.

"Destroying a Soul Completely" could very well not mean destroying a soul beyond the point of leaving spiritual particles, at least in Bleach's context.

In Bleach, every hollow (or any other creature) that a Shinigami destroys actually cleanses the soul of a said creature and lets it pass on to the afterlife through the Cycle of Reincarnation.

A Quincy however, destroys the soul permanently, removing it from the Cycle of Reincarnation.

The "complete destroying" of the souls by the Quincy could very easily be just the killing of souls instead of the cleansing of them. The Quincies destroy souls, and it completely stops those souls from passing on.

Hell, creatures killed by a Quincy have a crumbling effect, which implies that the soul is being disintegrated, rather than the soul being erased when destroyed.

And what's this mean?

"and with the reveal of Aizen's Regenerationn stemming from his soul in the final arc we can quantify Aizen's Regenerationn as being from his Soul which is Low-Godly"

Aizen is a soul, are you really saying that souls have souls in Bleach?

What?

Anyway, I have to retire for the day.

Good Night @Everyone.

Sure it happens in bleach, but the problem is thats falling more into the "Power>Hax" fallacy territory, which we don't accept here. Now if this was the case of the hax ability itself having a weakness instead of it being centered around the opponents strength, it would probably be fine. There's a reason why not all DB characters for instance have this exact same thing by being able to no-sell hax with superior KI. And IIRC, this was argued for Bleach multiple times before but was also denied just as much.

For Aizen and Sui-Feng, it would fit under one of those scenerios. Which one? Not entirely sure, which I should make a CRT about specifically if in the mood to debate it so this isnt anymore derailed than it is. But for Shinigami and Hollows, they're more and less the same.

For Shinigami, it's never proven that they can't destroy other spirits with superior spirit energy, they more or less logically can. But simply choose not to because it's not their job to destroy souls and they aren't supposed to since Shinigami are regulators. If they did, they'd be no different from what the Quincies did. But that wouldnt mean they can't harm or destroy souls with stronger spiritual attacks. Remember Ichigo damaging a Menos Grande with a massively strong spirit attack and Uryu literally wanting Ichigo to pour his spirit energy into Uryu's so that his arrows would be strong enough to pierce Menos Grande at least.

For Hollows, if talking about the average level hollows, wouldnt them eating human souls count? While not an attack, Hollows feed on human souls, who are obviously the weakest of the bunch in Bleach.

Sure it happens in bleach, but the problem is thats falling more into the "Power>Hax" fallacy territory, which we don't accept here. Now if this was the case of the hax ability itself having a weakness instead of it being centered around the opponents strength, it would probably be fine. There's a reason why not all DB characters for instance have this exact same thing by being able to no-sell hax with superior KI. And IIRC, this was argued for Bleach multiple times before but was also denied just as much.

What does this have do to with anything tbh? I don't see how this relates to Aizen getting obliterated by Mugetsu, we have seen hax trump multiple powerful people.An example of this would be Askin,he pretty much 1 shotted Ichigo with his deathdealing,If Aizen put Ichigo under KS it would have defeated the entire purpose and there would be no Bleach.

For Aizen and Sui-Feng, it would fit under one of those scenerios. Which one? Not entirely sure, which I should make a CRT about specifically if in the mood to debate it so this isnt anymore derailed than it is. But for Shinigami and Hollows, they're more and less the same.

Shinigami and Hollows aren't the same at all in any way,Hollows as far as we know are bad spirits and Shinigami are a variety of different things including an animal race which we know nothing about pretty much because it's just a title and job.As for Aizen stopping Sui-Feng hax were not even sure if she actually touches him since he states "you can't reach me" it's possible his reiatsu acted as a barrier,considering she is the weakest of the captains in that scenario without amps.

For Shinigami, it's never proven that they can't destroy other spirits with superior spirit energy, they more or less logically can. But simply choose not to because it's not their job to destroy souls and they aren't supposed to since Shinigami are regulators. If they did, they'd be no different from what the Quincies did. But that wouldnt mean they can't harm or destroy souls with stronger spiritual attacks. Remember Ichigo damaging a Menos Grande with a massively strong spirit attack and Uryu literally wanting Ichigo to pour his spirit energy into Uryu's so that his arrows would be strong enough to pierce Menos Grande at least.

And it's never been proven that they can do it themselves at least to my knowledge,they even had a device specifically for destroying souls as a form of execution.The only method I think a Shinigami can kill souls with is soul crushing like what Aizen did to the fodder Shinigami or very specific techniques.The Zanpakuto are designed to purify not destroy the souls.Reiatsu also seems to give people inherent resistance to soul based techniques such as soul sucking and etc.What makes Quincy dangerous is they can make death absolute to the point where your completely removed from the cycle of reincarnation.But now that I think about this Ichibe can do this too.

For Hollows, if talking about the average level hollows, wouldnt them eating human souls count? While not an attack, Hollows feed on human souls, who are obviously the weakest of the bunch in Bleach.

I'm not sure what this has to do with Aizen's Regenerationn.But this just means humans are the most vulnerable and easiest to prey on considering they can't even be detected or seen by humans that lack a certain level of spiritual awareness.

It has to do with Mugestu because im arguing against the method of how Quincies destroy souls, which Mugetsu takes advantage of and is an important factor to this discussion.

I meant in terms of the "stronger spirit attacks destroying souls point" from me that Shinigami and Hollows are no different from Quincy destroying souls. And if Sui-Feng never actually touched Aizen with her hax because his Reiatsu was used as a shield like you said, that helps my argument more actually.

You mean the Sokyoku right? Seeing as it's just a large weapon made out of a million zanpakuto, which obviously come from soul reapers, i'd say it should count for Shinigami destroying weaker souls. But my point was more focus on Shinigami being able to damage souls with stronger spiritual power to follow up with why im saying Quincy can. An example would be that Uryu's spirit arrows couldnt put a scratch on Menos Grande, so he literally wanted Ichigo to pour his spirit energy into Uryu so that his spirit arrows would be strong enough to hurt the Menos. That, and Ichigo forced away Menos Grande by damaging it with a massive spirit attack. Thats different from the normal clensing Shinigami do, suggesting they can destroy inferior souls if they wanted to but choose not to for it would break the cycle.

Basically, my argument isnt denying Quincy being able to destroy souls, it's questioning how they do it. The method.

The Sokyoku is not made out of millions of Zanpakutos, it explicitly has the power of a million Zanpakuto's. It's origins are unknown to us as it is a unique thing.

However, you're pretty much entering unchartered territories with comments like:

For Shinigami, it's never proven that they can't destroy other spirits with superior spirit energy, they more or less logically can. But simply choose not to because it's not their job to destroy souls and they aren't supposed to since Shinigami are regulators.

and

For Hollows, if talking about the average level hollows, wouldnt them eating human souls count?

We are never told nor given implications these beings can destroy Souls and there are no feats of doing so. You need to make a CRT if you believe this, but for now your point is moot and disproven.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back